• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: masuda method question

Once you receive an egg from the Day Care man, all of its values are calculated and permanent. That includes the shiny value. If you have an egg which hatches into a non-shiny Pokémon and you restart the game to hatch it again, it still won't hatch into a shiny Pokémon, no matter how often you try. This is because whether or not a Pokémon is shiny is determined at the very moment you receive its egg. Trading an egg to another game doesn't change its shiny value.

You'd better start breeding again bro

The values for an egg are actually determined before the egg is even made so if you soft reset before an egg is made the same values will always be loaded even if you swap out the parents. That's how time machine breeding happens and believe me it is real and I abuse the heck out of it. Once an egg is received new values are loaded for the next egg.

However if you save the game before generating an egg and the next egg created hatches a shiny pokemon then you can actually reload the game and put in something else to get a different shiny of your choosing. At least that's what a very fortunate friend of mine told me.

Once you receive an egg from the Day Care man, all of its values are calculated and permanent. That includes the shiny value. If you have an egg which hatches into a non-shiny Pokémon and you restart the game to hatch it again, it still won't hatch into a shiny Pokémon, no matter how often you try. This is because whether or not a Pokémon is shiny is determined at the very moment you receive its egg. Trading an egg to another game doesn't change its shiny value.

The values for an egg are actually determined before the egg is even made so if you soft reset before an egg is made the same values will always be loaded even if you swap out the parents. That's how time machine breeding happens and believe me it is real and I abuse the heck out of it. Once an egg is received new values are loaded for the next egg.
Ah yes, I heard about that
A friend of mine used that to get the HP he wanted on a particular mon
Didn't really understand how it works from his explanation as it was rather long and complicated, but you've cleared things up for me

Thank you, sir :)

Ah yes, I heard about that
A friend of mine used that to get the HP he wanted on a particular mon
Didn't really understand how it works from his explanation as it was rather long and complicated, but you've cleared things up for me

Thank you, sir :)

It is actually a good idea to have a pair of well bred Magikarps/Gyarados to scout the spreads and to have multiple breeding projects at once so if one spread is bad for one it can be used for another. PM me if you or anyone else you know wants to learn how to use this. I can explain it quite easily.

It is actually a good idea to have a pair of well bred Magikarps/Gyarados to scout the spreads and to have multiple breeding projects at once so if one spread is bad for one it can be used for another. PM me if you or anyone else you know wants to learn how to use this. I can explain it quite easily.

Yeah my friend used a karp too
Got a shiny one in the process

Thanks for the tips man

Re: Simple Questions + Simple Answers: ORAS Edition

Can you trade Pokemon between an ORAS game and an XY game as soon as you're able to trade, or do you have to reach a certain point in the game first?

Is there some sort of trick to getting the DexNav exclusive mons? I've finished the game, did Delta Episode, redid the E4. Yet I spend half an hour wandering routes (specifically, Route 114 for Misdreavus, Safari Zone for Buneary, and now 102 for Gothia) and cannot find them. Did I miss something needed to unlock them?

Can you trade Pokemon between an ORAS game and an XY game as soon as you're able to trade, or do you have to reach a certain point in the game first?
As soon as you are able to trade.

Is there some sort of trick to getting the DexNav exclusive mons? I've finished the game, did Delta Episode, redid the E4. Yet I spend half an hour wandering routes (specifically, Route 114 for Misdreavus, Safari Zone for Buneary, and now 102 for Gothia) and cannot find them. Did I miss something needed to unlock them?

As far as I'm aware, nothing needs to be done to unlock them (except the Primal Kyogre/Groudon deal)
I encountered some of the DexNav exclusives literally as soon as I set foot on a route, while others took me really long (and I still haven't encountered all of them)
It seems like some just are rarer than others, so the only thing you can do is keep looking, or trade for one, so you can use the DexNav's search function

That's part rarity, part luck
No special tricks, just patience is required

How often can you get the latest news for the buzznav? I would love it if I could speed up the secret base thing if only by a little.

How often can you get the latest news for the buzznav? I would love it if I could speed up the secret base thing if only by a little.

Around every 8-9 hours from my experience.

If you have the eon ticket, can you soar on Latias/Latios rather than the one native to your game?

Does anyone know how much EVs do the Secret Pals give out via their special abilities? The Ace Trainer secret pals have the ability called 'One-Two Training' and they EV train your pokemon for you. I don't have the Reset Bag in ST so I can't find out... ._.

Urgent question!

So recently I traded between my Y and Alpha Sapphire game using a friend's 3DS. The problem that occurred was afterward, when I started to play AS on my 3DS and started to go on the PSS, all of my previously registered friends in the game were gone. Even when a friend is online playing ORAS while I'm playing online, they do not appear on my friend's list. The worst part now is that I'm not getting any passerby updates - no new mirage spots. Does anyone know what might have happened? The only thing I could think of is when my AS game was being used/played on my friend's 3DS, but is this a side affect of trading that way between games?

Re: Urgent question!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's because you used your friend's 3DS. Give it 24 hours, and the problem should be resolved. Of course, this is assuming you're now using your own 3DS/2DS. As for the mirage spots and passerby updates, I can't comment on that.

Okay, I've heard that you can eventually get both the Mach Bike and the Acro Bike at the same time. But how do you do this? I'm not sure where to find it out, as sources I've checked didn't give me the answer. All they said was "eventually you can own both" to put it simply.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom