• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Suggestions, ideas, and problems

Re: Official Bulbapedia suggestion/idea thread

I've gotten to the Sealed Chamber on my Omega Ruby game. The messages say "Long did we live here, in this cave. All thanks to the powerful Pokemon living alongside us. Yet we sealed that Pokemon away, alone in the dark. We feared it. If you have the courage, if you still hold onto hope, open the door, for beyond it the eternal Pokemon waits." "First comes Relicanth, last comes Wailord." Maybe it's time to update that.
I've just reached that part of the game, so I changed it now.

A question/suggestion - can we classify Strong Jaw and Mega Launcher as ability variants? They have the same effect, +50% power to moves of a certain category.

I guess this is probably the best place to ask, so should we have a page about Infinite Energy? It's played a major part in XY/ORAS and is a pretty major thing, so I personally believe it should have an article. I'd start one myself, but I have no idea where to start.

If someone could make a template for Gen VI contest opponents, I can begin adding data for them to the List of Contest Opponents page.

I'm probably not the first person to bring this up, but is there a plan to include Gen 6 sprites onto the sprite charts?

I've wondered that too. Apparently the games do have static shots of the Pokemon models to be used for in-game purposes, so perhaps someone could rip them?

I hope I word this right so as not to confuse anyone.

There are three pages on the Wiki that I believe should be merged into one page. I know how to add the merge template to a page, but how would I direct the conversation to the same talk page from the other two pages?

I don't know if this has been asked before, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I think Game Freak made another reference to Pulseman during the Diamond / Pearl days. We know one part of a song from Pulse Man (named Neo Tokyo) was used in the Rival Battle Theme, but I think there's another one that deserves mention : I feel like the drums heard in the first few seconds of the boss song named "Accelerator" in Pulse Man are used in the Team Galactic Commander Battle Theme as part of the background drums. Let's compare those two songs : Accelerator and Team Galactic Commander Battle Theme

What do you guys think ?

I almost want to make my own thread for this, but I'm going to just post here instead. If it's deemed fitting for a project thread, I'll post it.

BTW, first post over here. Hiya. :)

I went over to Route 111 today, deciding it was time to go look up rematch data as I'm getting ready to head through Victory Road and wanted to start with the Lv.29 rematch of Gabby and Ty, who had reappeared on Route 111. According to the page, the "first rematch" is Lv.29 for both of their Pokémon. I had a team with two each of Lv.37 and Lv.39 specimens, and two I didn't intend to battle but had included to gain experience (one was a Swablu who I will evolve into Altaria). Obviously, good enough for a Lv.29, even factoring in any weaknesses possible.

Imagine my surprise when a battle against two Lv.45 opponents came up.

So I've come to a determination. The rematches are not in a set order. They are based on where you are in the game. As such, it's necessary to go through after each major plot point in the game (or it might just be badges, I have no idea) and check just what they rematch you with on every single Route. And sadly, I am only realizing this after already having all eight Badges.

What I'm wondering is whether there should be a separate section for each set of rematch data. In cases like Route 111, which I just edited on, each of the charts individually is already quite long for all three games. The rematch data based on when it would occur could then be used, and it's better than having "first rematch", "second rematch", etc. because - as I summarized - these are all MY first rematches!

Thoughts?

EDIT: I should clarify as I jumped around there. Rematches, IMO, could be a separate chart, and headers could be things like, "One badge", "Two badges", etc. The later the Routes are in the game, the smaller these charts would be.

Last edited:

It would be really cool if you guys could add/create a Book Creator feature like the new one on Wikipedia. That way people could there own Ebooks that have all of their favorite pages in it.

Below is two links, one is to an article about Wikipedia's new feature, and the other is a link to Wikipedia's reference guide for their new feature:

CNN Article Link
Wikipedia Page Link

This would be really beneficial for me because it would be nice to have information on all 719 Pokemon available offline on my smartphone, for whenever I don't have a WiFi Connection, (currently my mom has my data disabled on my phone, so I have to have a WiFi connection to access anything that's online, which means that when I'm traveling I can't look-up pokemon).

I really think that this would be a feature that would be beneficial to everyone that uses Bulbapedia.

It would be really cool if you guys could add/create a Book Creator feature like the new one on Wikipedia. That way people could there own Ebooks that have all of their favorite pages in it.

Below is two links, one is to an article about Wikipedia's new feature, and the other is a link to Wikipedia's reference guide for their new feature:

CNN Article Link
Wikipedia Page Link

This would be really beneficial for me because it would be nice to have information on all 719 Pokemon available offline on my smartphone, for whenever I don't have a WiFi Connection, (currently my mom has my data disabled on my phone, so I have to have a WiFi connection to access anything that's online, which means that when I'm traveling I can't look-up pokemon).

I really think that this would be a feature that would be beneficial to everyone that uses Bulbapedia.

Bulbagarden could make a little money. It says that you can optionally buy the books you make, or download them for free. I love this idea. What do you think @Archaic and the staff?

CNN Article Link
Wikipedia Page Link

Bulbagarden could make a little money. It says that you can optionally buy the books you make, or download them for free. I love this idea. What do you think @Archaic and the staff?

Selling of such books would likely invalidate the non-commercial part of our content license, so I do not believe it isn't something we can do. The ability to allow viewers to save a read-only copy of an article for offline viewing, however, is something we may be able to look into. @Archaic;

Last edited:
In the trivia section on Falkner's page it states "Falkner, in Generation IV, became the first Gym Leader that the player encounters first to give out a TM containing a status move." Although in DPPt Roark gave out the TM76 containing Stealth Rock which is a status move. So would he be the first gym leader in gen 4 to give out a status move?

In the trivia section on Falkner's page it states "Falkner, in Generation IV, became the first Gym Leader that the player encounters first to give out a TM containing a status move." Although in DPPt Roark gave out the TM76 containing Stealth Rock which is a status move. So would he be the first gym leader in gen 4 to give out a status move?

While the trivia point was true; Falkner is the earliest Gym Leader introduced (As Falkner was introduced in Generation II), who rewards the player with their respective region's first badge, to reward the player with a TM containing a Status move... It's just way too conditional to really be of any note. The first Gym Leader to, retroactively, reward the player with a TM containing a move classified as a Status move is Koga with TM06 (Toxic). The first Gym Leader to reward the player with a TM containing a Status move after the Physical/Special/Status split, based on the release date of the game(s), is Roark.

So, since there's just too many conditions that can be abused to make too many Gym Leaders "first" in one way or another, I've removed the trivia point from Falkner's article.

CNN Article Link
Wikipedia Page Link

Selling of such books would likely invalidate the non-commercial part of our content license, so I do not believe it isn't something we can do. The ability to allow viewers to save a read-only copy of an article for offline viewing, however, is something we may be able to look into. @Archaic;

The only way a physical copy of Bulbapedia articles would ever be made for sale is if we were able to negotiate with TPCi to release it as an officially licensed product. So really.....while it's certainly an outside chance, don't expect to see it any time soon.

As for people saving their own read-only copies of articles....it's probably not a good idea for us to be officially supporting that, honestly. While people already have the ability to do that to some extent (most desktop web browsers will let you "save page as"), if we were to directly facilitate people doing that....well, that's where we could start to run into trouble, for fairly similar reasons to why we don't have a Bulbapedia app.

Back
Top Bottom