• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Generation IV really need a remake? I mean it was fun and all but I would rather play it again and not a new butchered version. I would rather be in a new region that's it's own unique thing just like Sinnoh but not Sinnoh. I was not a fan of Kalos being a version of France in the Pokémon world. I would rather be in a new region that isn't based on an existing place.

That's not really flexibility; that's doing the bare minimum to avoid another FRLG debacle.

And you think they won't do the bare minimum to avoid another DP debacle?

In addition, you make it sound as if changing the distribution is difficult when it's hardly difficult at all. Like, it's not rocket science at all. They've done it before so they have a basic understanding of distribution in a game.

It is pretty difficult actually, and pretty time consuming. First you have to decide which Pokemon to add and how many to add and make sure the numbers work out. Then you have to decide where to put them taking into account at what point they could be obtained, what kinds of environment they could fit into, what Pokemon are already there, and how they would enhance the distribution. Then you have to redo all of the trainer rosters to incorporate them. It's not as simple as editing a list, they have to look at the problem from every angle.

Does Generation IV really need a remake? I mean it was fun and all but I would rather play it again and not a new butchered version. I would rather be in a new region that's it's own unique thing just like Sinnoh but not Sinnoh. I was not a fan of Kalos being a version of France in the Pokémon world. I would rather be in a new region that isn't based on an existing place.

All regions are based off real world places.

Kanto is based off of kanto (xD)
Johto is based off of kansai
Hoenn is based off of kyushu
sinnoh is based off of hokkaido
Unova off of Newyork
kalos off of france

150px-Pokemonworld.png

I see Gen IV remakes happening, just not soon. Considering that the 3ds s reverse completable to the DS games and the possibility of a Gen I remake it would wait a few years before DP gets remade.

I would love Sinnoh remakes considering Platinum is one of my favorite Pokemon games and I absolutely loved Sinnoh itself! But it IS too early right now. We should be getting XY sequels or a third version there first.

But I don't see why there shouldn't be any discussion.

I want the Underground to be revamped so we can Streetpass for secret bases just like in Hoenn. The Sinnoh starters should get Mega forms too. And so we can have Diamond and Pearl remakes that also include the Distortion World from Platinum and all, the developers could have Dialga and Palkia factor into that game's plot a bit more, and which one of them DOES do so would depend on the version of the game that you're playing.

And why not come up with some ideas on what these games could be called? *starts thinking*

Ever Diamond: I just want to float that name out.

Oh, and people variously mentioned the Delta Episode in ORAS and the open-ended nature of Cyrus's defeat in Pt. I think a good synthesis could have Cyrus state his vow to yet claim the universe after the box legend is however countered. Cyrus could then reemerge for Giratina, at which point the remakes would chart new territory. (This could be called... the Distortion Episode? Certain npc's could have different dialogue after this point, or gift different items, or trade different pokemon. I dunno.)

Now it should be noted that the only pokemon that has any relation to Giratina in such an episode is Arceus. (Shaymin otherwise has an anime connection to Giratina though, as I suppose Raquaza and Deoxys had.) Cyrus could attempt to have Arceus create Giratina. He could succeed!

I see Gen IV remakes happening, just not soon. Considering that the 3ds s reverse completable to the DS games and the possibility of a Gen I remake it would wait a few years before DP gets remade.
Well yeah. I know this is nothing, but I do think gamefreak is keeping at least one tradition, 5 years between remakes. 2004-2009-2014. Which is likely why 2019 will mark the release of DPt remakes, if not later.
Ever Diamond: I just want to float that name out.

Oh, and people variously mentioned the Delta Episode in ORAS and the open-ended nature of Cyrus's defeat in Pt. I think a good synthesis could have Cyrus state his vow to yet claim the universe after the box legend is however countered. Cyrus could then reemerge for Giratina, at which point the remakes would chart new territory. (This could be called... the Distortion Episode? Certain npc's could have different dialogue after this point, or gift different items, or trade different pokemon. I dunno.)

Now it should be noted that the only pokemon that has any relation to Giratina in such an episode is Arceus. (Shaymin otherwise has an anime connection to Giratina though, as I suppose Raquaza and Deoxys had.) Cyrus could attempt to have Arceus create Giratina. He could succeed!
If they do a post-game distortion world story instead of something in the main game, then by all means I want an insane plot twist. I can only assume the planes that Dialga/Palkia/Giratina exist in are above and beyond the multi-universal bounds that Hoopa exists in, so now that we have the possibility of the games being in another universe, I can see them giving us the original Cyrus. Seriously. Give us a new Cyrus that perhaps repents or tries to use the Distortion World, have him meet the old Cyrus turned immortal and corrupted by the distortion world, and have them either try to destroy the world together, or pit them up against each other. Or hell, throw old Cyrus into the main plot, and have him as the plot twist in general. This is mostly why DP remakes are easily gonna be my favorite story wise, multiple universes in conjecture with the distortion world is gonna be insane.
On a lighter note, Ever Diamond and Nether Pearl sound like a great duo of names for remakes.

>Ever Diamond and Nether Pearl sound like a great duo of names for remakes.

I'm more partial to the "Temporal Diamond/Celestial Pearl" names that I found on some mockups/ Other possibilities are:

• Eternal Diamond
  • Spacial Pearl (instead of Celestial)
  • Chrono-Diamond and Astro-Pearl

It is pretty difficult actually, and pretty time consuming. First you have to decide which Pokemon to add and how many to add and make sure the numbers work out. Then you have to decide where to put them taking into account at what point they could be obtained, what kinds of environment they could fit into, what Pokemon are already there, and how they would enhance the distribution. Then you have to redo all of the trainer rosters to incorporate them. It's not as simple as editing a list, they have to look at the problem from every angle.
I'm failing to see the difficulty. I suppose for some it could be difficult, perhaps if you have no knowledge of game design, but if you're a paid employee this would not be difficult. They've already done games with large rosters (see: XY), so designing distribution is not difficult. On top of that, they know how to expand a Pokedex since it's something they've also done before. Really you're just giving pitiful excuses for incompetence and laziness.

You know I'm wondering if they will have a Mega for Arceus that works like Mega-Raquayza and retains Multitype?

I'm failing to see the difficulty. I suppose for some it could be difficult, perhaps if you have no knowledge of game design, but if you're a paid employee this would not be difficult. They've already done games with large rosters (see: XY), so designing distribution is not difficult. On top of that, they know how to expand a Pokedex since it's something they've also done before. Really you're just giving pitiful excuses for incompetence and laziness.

It's more time consuming than difficult really. Either way though, you're underestimating it. It's not as simple as waving a magic wand, if you want to do it right you have to put a lot of consideration into balance. That's not to say that I don't want them to do it, but I'm not going to act as if it's something that they can whip up in an instant.

Anyway, Platinum's expansion basically amounts to a copy/paste job, which is exactly what they do anyway for a remake. So it's far from unreasonable for them to include it.

You know I'm wondering if they will have a Mega for Arceus that works like Mega-Raquayza and retains Multitype?

Hmm, I hadn't considered giving it a Mega Stone-less Mega Evolution. I was going to say give it Protean.

It's more time consuming than difficult really. Either way though, you're underestimating it. It's not as simple as waving a magic wand, if you want to do it right you have to put a lot of consideration into balance. That's not to say that I don't want them to do it, but I'm not going to act as if it's something that they can whip up in an instant.
Then it's not a problem. If they're putting out a product, "we didn't do it because it was time consuming" is intolerable, especially when it would have been an improvement. This is someone's job. If this was a freelance product or perhaps an indie developer I would be more understanding of time constraints, however this is not the case. GameFreak may be small, but they are efficient and capable. While you're right in saying that it's not "something that they can whip up in an instant," you grossly exaggerate the amount of time it would take.

If anyone deserves to outclass Megatwo X and Y as well as Megaquaza, it's the Lord of the Pokémon World. Since Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon, we better get an Omega Pokémon at some point. The final Pokémon of all.

If anyone deserves to outclass Megatwo X and Y as well as Megaquaza, it's the Lord of the Pokémon World. Since Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon, we better get an Omega Pokémon at some point. The final Pokémon of all.

There will never be a final Pokemon.

I think he meant a pokemon that would bring the end of the world as arecus brought the beginning of the world, also wouldn't yveltel count as that?

"Omega" doesn't have to be connotated with "destruction" (either large-scale or end-level or final), you know. It's a logical enough connotation, especially when placed in connection with destructive things as with an "Omega Cannon" (and especially when not in connection with some "Alpha" thing), but it's hardly the first or only possible connotation. When "Alpha and Omega" are mentioned together, in fact, they often refer to the same one thing. (The statement "I am the Alpha and the Omega" is probably overwhelmingly why these two Greek letters see such use in such way today.)

~

I've come up with a good Ever-Diamond/Never-Pearl plot structure. In both games, both of Dialga and Palkia appear on Spear Pillar after being summoned by Cyrus like in Platinum. The three pixies then show up like in Platinum, and, also like in Platinum, Cyrus says that the three combined are only able to stop one on its own, and not both of Dialga and Palkia together. Giratina then shows up at this point and confronts the one that is not your box mascot. You then proceed to challenge your box mascot.

In this way, this allows the open-ended DPPt Spear Pillar event to realize Cyrus's words: he can have designs first with Dialga and Palkia and seek recourse with Giratina after. EDNP would then occupy an odd space between strict remakes and strict sequels. (Cyrus and Giratina would be faced again after the Elite 4; Cynthia and other npc's would be pretty clear after the Spear Pillar event that "Giratina is no longer in our world," it vanished without a trace," etc., and that it seems to have made Cyrus and the other legend disappear as well.)

An event item or pokemon (the latter would allow for continuing power past an event's distribution) could also allow you to capture the other box legend in your game. That really makes more sense than these pokemon being cartridge-specific events, I think. Arceus could be this pokemon.

And WOW, I just figured out that Beedrill's Japanese name is effectively "Spear"--and that typing that effective name here will link to it on Bulbapedia. Crazy sauce.

Last edited:
I already have a few ideas for Gen IV remakes:

1. First off, in the same vein os he Delta Episode, a Mythical pokemon will be caught there without an event. Likely candidates are Darkrai, Shaymin or Arceus. Each of them already having items thatmake ths possible
  2. Poffins will be streamlined just like pokeblocks. And Berries will also work the same
  3. The box mascot will still be the focus of the game, but it will work closer to DP then Platinum
  4. Unless they decide to even out the past gen Legndaries instead of only keeping them mostly or exclusively to the secodnary games (secondary refferring to the sequels, third versions and remakes) there will be a method of finding them in rare places outside Sinnoh.
  5. Elements from platinum may or may not be used (this includes the Frontier)
  6. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina will be Shinylocked
  7. Dialga and Palkia will have a varient of mega-Evolution, like Primal Reversion, their respective orbs will alsp play into this. Giratina won;t becuase I'm actualy certaint hat form-cnages that chnage stats and megas are mutually exclusive.
  8. Arceus on the other hand Will also get one, like Dialga and Palkia, this one would include all the plates (in the design and looking like colored versions of the Anime's version) and might have Protean as the ability.
  9. Depending on the game, anonmalies will occur the closer you get to the end. With Diamond getting visitors from the past and future (Seeing yourself as your first walked on a route, elderly folks becoming babies, dialouge and events going in reverse) and Pearl getting anonalies that alter the landscape (A forest being petrified, A route floating in midair, doors elading to any area but the adjacent one). However those will only affet areas and NPCs unrelated to the plot and will end once you cofronted the box mascot (with these anomalies being at their worse)
  10. Realted to the above, certain NPCs may not be affected, but that dosn't mean that you are given a simialr treatment. The PC may appear older, younger, have a different appearance have theit team suddenly but temporarly lose levels, move with reverse controls (and a backing up aniamtion), look like they are made of a different substance and other things.
  11. Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Charon will be given redesigns, this is a given. But there may also be new characters that may or may not be dissidents who may help you betray their team when they inevitably go too far.
  12. In the event of a postgame story. The remnant of team Galactic will be both ally and enemy. With Saturn and the PC investigation anomalies of a different sort. Charon will be the villain and Giratina (or Arceus, or maybe Heatran) will be the focus.
  13. Likewise, The Sinnoh mythology will get a slight retcon tying it to AZ's Ultimate Weapon and Mega-Evolution (and maybe whatever new feature their generation brought to the fold)
  14. Said episode will conclude at the Hall of Origin or the Sinjoh ruins. There we will face either a now ex-mythical pokemon or Giratina
  15. Aside form Arceus, other pokemon who will get megas will be from Johto, Sinnoh and Unova with a token one from the region of the games preceding them
  16. If there will be rematches (as in if the Survival Zone returns), they will include the Gym Leaders, E4 members, Stat Trainers and Cynthea
  17. During those rematches they will have 3 separate teams, 2 of which will be based on their teams in the original games while the this one will be a very competitive team or in Cheryl, Riley, Mira, Buck, Marley and Cynthia's cases will specialize in a team missing from the E4 and Gym Leaders (Dark, Fairy, Flying, Dragon, Poison, and Normal.) though there may be some deviation depending on the trainer (the stat trainers Partner pokemon would still be included and their teams wil lstill be based around their Stats. Also Cynthea's 3rd team will also be her team for Champion rematches ofter beating her in the Battleground)
  18. The Spear Key from the anime will become a canon immigrant and integral to Galactic's plans in the remakes and later a key item in the postgame episode

I think he meant a pokemon that would bring the end of the world as arecus brought the beginning of the world, also wouldn't yveltel count as that?

No, I meant the final Pokémon. LOL The last Pokémon in the National Dex order during the final generation.

No, I meant the final Pokémon. LOL The last Pokémon in the National Dex order during the final generation.

You really think they will end pokemon so soon? This is one of Nintendo's cash cows. PLus there are still the Gen V and VI remakes to go through after this :p

Besies we already have an omega pokemon, It's called Groudon. :p

You really think they will end pokemon so soon? This is one of Nintendo's cash cows. PLus there are still the Gen V and VI remakes to go through after this :p

Besies we already have an omega pokemon, It's called Groudon. :p

I never said I wanted it to end soon, nor did I suggest it would. All I said is that the very last Pokémon ever introduced should be the Omega Pokémon to complement the original Alpha Pokémon (Arceus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom