• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so Zeb made the following post about new super training events found in both XY's and ORAS's coding, supposedly requiring Wonder Cards to access:

Nothing particularly exciting. Apparently they are unlocked through Wondercards and are available in both XY + ORAS.

Here are the names:

Fearsome! Twin Tales of Jutting Jaws! (Mega Mawile)
Danger Zipped Up Tight! (Mega Banette)
Stuck between the Strong and the Strong! (Mega Scizor)
Dazzling! A Dizzying Dance of Spoons! (Mega Alakazam)
What an Upstart! Magikarp Is Moving Up! (Mega Gyarados)
Watch It! Multiple Mega Evolutions! (Mewtwo)

And they give evolution items (like Dubious Disc), PP Max, PP Up and the general junk like Water and Soda.

SciresM is from Project Pokemon - the same place that hacked the ORAS demo and found all that information the other month.

BuBZlAn.jpg

rCdVplr.jpg

BcQPhiq.jpg

This makes me wonder if there truly won't be any DLC this generation. Combine that with the fact that Masuda doesn't want to do anything like Pokémon Z, and it's getting more and more likely that Game Freak is going to leave Kalos behind to move on to the next generation for the New 3DS.

Please don't let this be the case, Game Freak! I'm begging you to finish Kalos on a good note!

This makes me wonder if there truly won't be any DLC this generation. Combine that with the fact that Masuda doesn't want to do anything like Pokémon Z, and it's getting more and more likely that Game Freak is going to leave Kalos behind to move on to the next generation for the New 3DS.

It is entirely possible that they would likely make this a saga of sorts. Generation 6 setting up the concepts and plotlines, while Generations 7 and higher follow though with those plot-lines. meaning that we might find out more about Zygarde's moves in gen 7 (especialy if Gen 7 is next door to Kalos like Johto is close to Kanto)

It is entirely possible that they would likely make this a saga of sorts. Generation 6 setting up the concepts and plotlines, while Generations 7 and higher follow though with those plot-lines. meaning that we might find out more about Zygarde's moves in gen 7 (especialy if Gen 7 is next door to Kalos like Johto is close to Kanto)

But what about the Strange Souvenir? It's been stated that said region is far away from Kalos. Unless they choose to forego that hint, I highly doubt that Game Freak wants to connect Kalos to the new region.

But what about the Strange Souvenir? It's been stated that said region is far away from Kalos. Unless they choose to forego that hint, I highly doubt that Game Freak wants to connect Kalos to the new region.

Does that region absolutely have be the setting of the next generation games though?

And apparently Project Pokémon confirmed that the coding of the games states there'll be two more games with the blue pentagon symbol, but I've yet to see where they made their statement. I heard about it from YouTube comments, so if anyone has proof of this statement, I'd love to see it.
Previous generations have unused game IDs. It's just Game Freak covering their bases years in advance, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm sure that they considered developing more Kalos versions at one point, but that could have easily changed as implied by Masuda's words.

Kallyle said:
This makes me wonder if there truly won't be any DLC this generation.
Because they bothered to pre-program hidden data? These Super Training regiments aren't DLC-worthy content.

Morningstar said:
Does that region absolutely have be the setting of the next generation games though?
Why wouldn't it be? Anything could happen, but the Strange Souvenir foreshadowing would be completely pointless if it didn't pan out in the next generation. Game Freak chose to foreshadow a faraway region for a reason; it would have been easier to mention a nearby region with some connection to Kalos.

Morningstar said:
Why wouldn't it be? Anything could happen, but the Strange Souvenir foreshadowing would be completely pointless if it didn't pan out in the next generation. Game Freak chose to foreshadow a faraway region for a reason; it would have been easier to mention a nearby region with some connection to Kalos.

You misunderstand. GF would be teasing a faraway region, but it possible that the region would be the setting of Generation 8 or 9, not 7. Unlikely, but possible.

You misunderstand. GF would be teasing a faraway region, but it possible that the region would be the setting of Generation 8 or 9, not 7. Unlikely, but possible.
I didn't misunderstand. I'm asking why they would foreshadow something so far down the line in a pretty explicit way. To quote the Backpacker: "Kalos is nice and all, but you should really check out my region!"

Exactly the foreshadowing absolutely felt like something meant to be resolved within the generation. Although I feel that gen 6 is going to be until 2016, and closed up with DLC, it feels as if its going to be a mega-trilogy of sorts. Kalos-Hoenn-SS Region all together make a plot that explains enough about it. Of course though this was likely the plan, and then it was moved to be used in gen 7, continuing the plot in a different way.

On a different note, the Wonder Card Super Regimens is for DLC not against if anything. I can see them being used as bonuses for people who buy either the oras DLC(2/6), the XY DLC(2 other/6) or both for the full free set of wondercards. It would fit alongside Nintendo's current trend of pre-order incentives for DLC, like Mario Kart 8s shy-guy and Yoshi colors, or dual purchase bonuses like Mewtwo in Smash. Or the free costumes that come with the DLC updates in Hyrule Warriors. Mark my words, this is exactly what we're going to see happen with these Regimens.

Since the Delta Episode and the whole Multiverse thing came out, I've been toying around with the thought of multiple universes and it really just hit me today. What if since X/Y established the Mega Verse's version of Kalos, we get the main timeline's version of Kalos (as in, an AZ-less, Mega-less Kalos) in the upcoming games, with new Pokémon to replace the Mega's (since in a timeline where AZ never fired the Ultimate Weapon, plenty of Kalos-native species wouldn't have presumably gone completely extinct due to the blast)? The retcon of fairy-type would still exist, however. But since Kalos is at the very end of the timeline, I'm sure that doesn't really matter right now lol

And apparently Project Pokémon confirmed that the coding of the games states there'll be two more games with the blue pentagon symbol, but I've yet to see where they made their statement. I heard about it from YouTube comments, so if anyone has proof of this statement, I'd love to see it.

It was in their day two dumps of the demo, here's what they said:

23.Demo's game-origin value is 26, right after X/Y's 24/25. Alpha Sapphire is 26, which is the demo's base; Omega Ruby is 27. Only 2 more games can display a Pentagon on X/Y (28/29), subsequently numbered games will not. Who knows, maybe Red/Blue remakes like FRLG in 2016 for the 20 yr anniversary?

23.Demo's game-origin value is 26, right after X/Y's 24/25. Alpha Sapphire is 26, which is the demo's base; Omega Ruby is 27. Only 2 more games can display a Pentagon on X/Y (28/29), subsequently numbered games will not. Who knows, maybe Red/Blue remakes like FRLG in 2016 for the 20 yr anniversary?

Or Z and a pokemon yellow remake.

why pokemon yellow? Because red and blue were remade already and second what specail cry does pikachu have this generation? Thats right its own name, when was the last time it could do this? Pokemon yellow.

Or Z and a pokemon yellow remake.

why pokemon yellow? Because red and blue were remade already and second what specail cry does pikachu have this generation? Thats right its own name, when was the last time it could do this? Pokemon yellow.

Illuminati confirmed.

Thank you. This actually sounds very strange lol But there haven't been 26 main series games, and there's been way more places a Pokémon could originate from:

1. Ruby
  2. Sapphire
  3. Emerald
  4. Fire Red
  5. Leaf Green
  6. Colosseum (Ho-Oh, Celebi, Pikachu, Jirachi, Togepi, Mareep, Scizor Only)
  7. XD (Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Elekid, Meditite, Shuckle, Larvitar Only)
  8. Pokémon Box (Swablu, Zigzagoon, Skitty and Pichu Only)
  9. Diamond
  10. Pearl
  11. Platinum
  12. Ranger (Manaphy Egg Only)
  13. Shadows of Almia (Manaphy Egg Only)
  14. Guardian Signs (Manaphy Egg Only)
  15. My Pokémon Ranch (Hayley's trades, Phione, Mew)
  16. Heart Gold
  17. Soul Silver
  18. Poké Walker
  19. Black
  20. White
  21. Dream World
  22. Black 2
  23. White 2
  24. Dream Radar
  25. X
  26. Y
  27. Pokémon Bank (Celebi Only)
  28. OR/AS Demo (Glalie or Steelix Only)
  29. Alpha Sapphire
  30. Omega Ruby

So while I find that really interesting, it's not really indicative of two future games. :'(

What if its 2 games taking place in a new region and fills Gen VI in a trilogy?

I kinda doubt that the next game is a Kanto remake because it seems a new Pokemon game is released every year. So either the next 2 games will be remakes or they'll just re-release Gen I on the e shop.

What are the unreleased moves for Zygarde? Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. How many flags do you need to collect to get best rank from Aarune? Thousand.

Aarune has Flygon, which is Ground/Dragon. Zygarde is Dragon/Ground.

Aarune confurmed to be a tutor of Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves for Zygarde in ORAS DLC.

What are the unreleased moves for Zygarde? Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. How many flags do you need to collect to get best rank from Aarune? Thousand.

Aarune has Flygon, which is Ground/Dragon. Zygarde is Dragon/Ground.

Aarune confurmed to be a tutor of Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves for Zygarde in ORAS DLC.

Again, the Illuminati are everywhere!

I doubt that Zygarde will just get DLC. There's too much potential for lore for it to be limited to a short story arc. IDK exactly what's next, but it'll probably be two games and it's probably going to take place in Kalos.

I doubt that Zygarde will just get DLC. There's too much potential for lore for it to be limited to a short story arc. IDK exactly what's next, but it'll probably be two games and it's probably going to take place in Kalos.

Masuda said that there wouldn't be something like Pokémon Z, so DLC is actually a likely assumption. Failing that, I think that they might either discard Zygarde's lore, or have it be involved with some sort of big inter-region plot that makes it the Trio Master of several different Legendary Trios.

Actually, i wouldn't mind if Zygarde was tied to two or more regions. After all, there's more to the ecosystem than just Kalos.

ditching a Pokemons lore when it is apart of the main trio hasn't been done before and I think many people would be upset that it is just sitting there with a 600 BST with no reason of existing. With many pieces in the story still begging an answer I doubt there would be DLC either.

I don't know what Game Freak is going to do, but saying that Zygarde has "too much potential" to be wasted on a short story arc is a huge exaggeration. First of all, the story climax in any game is a short arc. Secondly, the Delta Episode did more for Rayquaza than Emerald ever did, and if Game Freak wanted there is no reason why a DLC Z Episode wouldn't be even more expansive.

I won't even mention that Zygarde itself doesn't really lend itself to ideas that weren't already done with previous mascots. I don't understand the hype at all.

I won't even mention that Zygarde itself doesn't really lend itself to ideas that weren't already done with previous mascots. I don't understand the hype at all.

Maybe they want Zygarde buffed for some reason (it happened to Giratina, Kyurem, even Raquayza), plus there is the mystery of those 2 moves (though chances are if GF wanted to wrap the generation up now there will be events with Zygarde having one of them deepening on the version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom