• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they want Zygarde buffed for some reason (it happened to Giratina, Kyurem, even Raquayza), plus there is the mystery of those 2 moves (though chances are if GF wanted to wrap the generation up now there will be events with Zygarde having one of them deepening on the version)
That has nothing to do with the point I was making, or rather, it helps prove my point.

If XY and ORAS are supposed to be counterparts, then it’s likely they are planned to reflect each other. XY got Looker quest, ORAS got third legendary quest, they could be reversed in DLCs for both pairs of games. Zygarde would get its story in XY and Looker in ORAS, especially because he’s already there without any explanation. Maybe he could be somehow involved in creation of Battle Frontier.

If XY and ORAS are supposed to be counterparts, then it’s likely they are planned to reflect each other. XY got Looker quest, ORAS got third legendary quest, they could be reversed in DLCs for both pairs of games. Zygarde would get its story in XY and Looker in ORAS, especially because he’s already there without any explanation. Maybe he could be somehow involved in creation of Battle Frontier.
This analogy has occurred to me, too. Looker's presence in ORAS feels really pointless and another game wouldn't fix that, whereas DLC might.

I imagine that something involving Zygarde is going to happen sometime soon, it would be kind of odd to just leave out the 3rd Legendary of a Trio for no reason. Personally, I hope that it won't be DLC because I find Zygarde really interesting and how it ties in with the lore of Xerneas and Yveltal.

I also believe that Zygarde has some potential ties with the main storyline of X/Y, and quite possibly with Mega-Evolution. In the Delta Episode, we get a better understanding that Mega-Evolution and their respective Stones are all connected with what would be considered the Force in the Pokémon universe, their "life energy". Mega-Stones are made out of Pokémon life-force, while the Key Stones are made out of human life-force. Yveltal and Xerneas have control over that same life energy... and since it's likely that Zygarde acts as a balance for them, I think that Zygarde has ties to Mega-Evolution as well. If anything, what I would want for the future of Gen 6 is for them to make a connection between Kalos' Legendary Trio and Mega-Evolution.

@AgentRosa; Sadly, Masuda said that giving Zygarde the third version treatment is too predictable for them to do, so it's either DLC or bust. Of course, they could always tie Zygarde to multiple regions and make it part of two or more trios, but I doubt Game Freak would try something like that.

I won't even mention that Zygarde itself doesn't really lend itself to ideas that weren't already done with previous mascots. I don't understand the hype at all.

Considering how Kyurem managed to differentiate itself from Giratina and Rayquaza, I think GF could figure something out for Zygarde that doesn't step too much on the toes of the other three.

Regardless of if they do or don't though, considering that they did leave those hints in the first place, it's still possible that we'll get something along the lines of a third version.

Last edited:
@AgentRosa; Sadly, Masuda said that giving Zygarde the third version treatment is too predictable for them to do, so it's either DLC or bust. Of course, they could always tie Zygarde to multiple regions and make it part of two or more trios, but I doubt Game Freak would try something like that.

Frankly, the latter two seem more likely than DLC, DLC is just as predictable as a third version and they probably wouldn't want to do it anyway. It's less marketable and attention grabbing than a full game, maybe even less profitable depending on what they're doing.

If they are able to make a new storyline that connects Kalos and Hoenn, that would be really fantastic. They can put the two regions in game, set it in the future and allow the player to choose which region to start. The storyline will be Zygarde-centric. In Zygarde's Pokedex entry, it says it appears when there's an imbalance in the ecosystem. Both Groudon and Kyogre are capable of doing so and so is Xerneas and Yveltal.

If you listened very very carefully to the video interview of GameFreak lead devs they said that They wanted to do something new instead of what they have been doing. They always like to surprise. And they gave an example. They said they started changing everything in Generation V when people were expecting "Grey" Version. So to change it up and to give us the fans something new that we didn't expect they split it into sequel game continuances with black 2 and white 2 as the finishing games of Generation V. So what they did for Generation VI was everyone was expecting Z or X2/Y2 and they decided to go with remakes of Generation 3.

After that when you take a look at Generation 3 remakes these games have continuance stories from X and Y in them, all though with a different protagonist as the lead. This game is brought to current time, not back peddled back in time to when the first Generation 3 games came out.

So I believe it is safe to say Generation 3 remakes are the "Z" version or "X2/Y2" finishing acts of Generation VI. They're probably working on Generation VII as we speak and will announce it soon for 2016/17. After all the traveller says we will see his land soon, and 2-4 years away is not soon, an Generation 3 land is not his home land nor is Kalos....

If you listened very very carefully to the video interview of GameFreak lead devs they said that They wanted to do something new instead of what they have been doing. They always like to surprise. And they gave an example. They said they started changing everything in Generation V when people were expecting "Grey" Version. So to change it up and to give us the fans something new that we didn't expect they split it into sequel game continuances with black 2 and white 2 as the finishing games of Generation V. So what they did for Generation VI was everyone was expecting Z or X2/Y2 and they decided to go with remakes of Generation 3.

After that when you take a look at Generation 3 remakes these games have continuance stories from X and Y in them, all though with a different protagonist as the lead. This game is brought to current time, not back peddled back in time to when the first Generation 3 games came out.

So I believe it is safe to say Generation 3 remakes are the "Z" version or "X2/Y2" finishing acts of Generation VI. They're probably working on Generation VII as we speak and will announce it soon for 2016/17. After all the traveller says we will see his land soon, and 2-4 years away is not soon, an Generation 3 land is not his home land nor is Kalos....

Okay, now can you explain how Zygarde plays into this?

He doesn't.

He doesn't.

So then what do Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves mean? It's highly unlikely that they're not doing something with them.

He doesn't.

So then what do Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves mean? It's highly unlikely that they're not doing something with them.

INB4 "They'll just remove those moves in the next games"

There have been several things in every game that they release that they never finish on. Wouldn't surprise me if they never finish him, or he is meant to be wrapped in mystery, heck plenty of people might be missing that his ability isn't only for the x pokemon and y pokemon.

There have been several things in every game that they release that they never finish on. Wouldn't surprise me if they never finish him, or he is meant to be wrapped in mystery, heck plenty of people might be missing that his ability isn't only for the x pokemon and y pokemon.

So, I take it you're one of the people who think that Game Freak is abandoning finishing plot threads that we wanted answered because "it's too predictable?"

He's not meant to be wrapped in mystery. The third mascot is always made intentionally vague, they do that on purpose so that they can expand on it in a future game. And it would take something major for them to not finish whatever they're doing with Zygarde.

Regarding the "Hoenn+Kalos" concept that seems to be brought up every now and then, I don't see why Zygarde would be the sole mascot in such a case. Surely Game Freak wouldn't have done much with Rayquaza in ORAS had that been their plan; let's not pretend that Zygarde has anything to offer Hoenn that Rayquaza hasn't already done. The idea is pretty forced to begin with, anyway.

It's less marketable and attention grabbing than a full game, maybe even less profitable depending on what they're doing.
The point of DLC would be for them to push XY and ORAS' sales this year and release the next generation in early 2016 to drive the New 3DS' sales. That would definitely be profitable and I don't see how it wouldn't be attention grabbing, either.

Zweilous said:
Considering how Kyurem managed to differentiate itself from Giratina and Rayquaza, I think GF could figure something out for Zygarde that doesn't step too much on the toes of the other three.
It was always obvious that Kyurem would be unique in its relation to Zekrom and Reshiram. If anything, Game Freak managed to underdeliver in that they gave it two fusions rather than one representing the Original Dragon.

Zygarde's ability and entries suggest a similarity to Rayquaza's role, and I have yet to see interesting ideas about how it would be all that different. Two secret moves have been done before with Kyurem, and honestly, those were more interesting.

Last edited:
The point of DLC would be for them to push XY and ORAS' sales this year and release the next generation in early 2016 to drive the New 3DS' sales. That would definitely be profitable and I don't see how it wouldn't be attention grabbing, either

The thing is that DLC can't be advertised as easily as a full game and there would be a lot less hype behind an update to an existing game than a new, complete game. As for profitability, it depends on how much work they put in. If the game is mainly a copy/paste (and knowing the way Game Freak is right now, it probably will be), then the full game would be more profitable because they're doing roughly the same amount of work but getting much more money for it.

The thing is that DLC can't be advertised as easily as a full game and there would be a lot less hype behind an update to an existing game than a new, complete game. As for profitability, it depends on how much work they put in. If the game is mainly a copy/paste (and knowing the way Game Freak is right now, it probably will be), then the full game would be more profitable because they're doing roughly the same amount of work but getting much more money for it.
You don't get it. First of all, a third version has essentially been ruled out unless Masuda is really bad at PR. Secondly, there is very little reason to expect a new game this year; they aren't promoting Zygarde via the upcoming movie, which is very much ORAS-oriented (as evidenced by Hoopa Unbound).

DLC wouldn't be as profitable as a new game, but releasing the next generation in early 2016 would render that point moot.

Zygarde's ability and entries suggest a similarity to Rayquaza's role, and I have yet to see interesting ideas about how it would be all that different. Two secret moves have been done before with Kyurem, and honestly, those were more interesting.

Whenever I think of an ecosystem, which is something that's emphasized so much in Zygarde's lore, I think of a whole system that encompasses the climate, weather, geography, flora and fauna, ect. Here's the definition of an ecosystem on Wikipedia, which I thought was really interesting because of the Kalos' Trio's possible role that Game Freak seems to be implying:

Ecosystem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An ecosystem is a community of living organisms (plants, animals and microbes) in conjunction with the nonliving components of their environment (things like air, water and mineral soil), interacting as a system. These biotic and abiotic components are regarded as linked together through nutrient cycles and energy flows. As ecosystems are defined by the network of interactions among organisms, and between organisms and their environment, they can be of any size but usually encompass specific, limited spaces (although some scientists say that the entire planet is an ecosystem)

While Rayquaza's and Zygarde's roles in their respective Trio's may be similar, their roles in nature itself are separate things. Rayquaza is centered around weather and atmosphere, while Zygarde's role is centered around ecosystems, which according to the above source, literally includes everything and how they're connected through cycles and "energy flow". Energy flow? That sounds an awful lot like the entire concept of Mega Evolution.

While I think the idea of combining the Hoenn and Kalos legends would be awesome and I can perfectly see why people are getting the idea, it may not happen because of Masuda saying that they want to keep trying something new every time now. But, here's something interesting that I just thought of: it's heavily implied by Birch when you get the National Dex from him that the Aqua/Magma incident with Kyogre/Groudon somehow changed the climate of Hoenn to where it's more habitable for Pokémon from other regions. A changing climate for whatever reason is going to have an impact on the ecosystem, no matter how little or drastic that change is. While it's likely just GF's simple explanation for being able to catch all of the 'mons in ORAS, I kind of took it as a possible nod and/or possible foreshadowing towards Zygarde's lore in regards to ecosystems. In all honesty, if there wasn't so many connections between X/Y and ORAS, I don't think that I would have come up with this theory in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom