• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rayquaza is centered around weather and atmosphere, while Zygarde's role is centered around ecosystems.
It's centered around preventing the ecosystem from falling into disarray, which doesn't leave it much more than battling its foes. So the analogy with Rayquaza is problematic in my eyes, to say nothing of Giratina stopping the destruction of the entire universe.

I kind of took it as a possible nod and/or possible foreshadowing towards Zygarde's lore in regards to ecosystems.
It's not as if Zygarde had anything to do with the species returning to Hoenn; it's the release of the Cave of Origin's energy that did the trick. I'd say that if Zygarde has anything to do with Hoenn, then it must have been very sloppy in letting Hoenn's ecosystem dwindle in the first place. At least that didn't happen in Kalos.

Yes but they want to change it up, and they have. They don't have to always follow the same format, even if they do do the same thing doesn't mean they will make a game as you are suggesting. i guarantee you they won't. Besides it's completely possible that it could be solved in a generation VII game.

There have been several things in every game that they release that they never finish on. Wouldn't surprise me if they never finish him, or he is meant to be wrapped in mystery, heck plenty of people might be missing that his ability isn't only for the x pokemon and y pokemon.

So, I take it you're one of the people who think that Game Freak is abandoning finishing plot threads that we wanted answered because "it's too predictable?"

Absolutely and yet not exactly as you put it. I have played Pokemon since Pokemon Red and Blue days, I have owned nearly every single game for the hand held (only related to the premis of gen 1-6 nothing like Pokemon Rancher and the like) system. And I tell you there have been several plot points that have never been finished in all the games. The story is only there for entertainment to get you used to playing the Pokemon. First and foremost the game is centered around getting people to play with each other with cool Pocket Monsters. The game is not centered around the stories. You can look at the stories as a glorified intro or tutorial to play Pokemon.

For instance in generation 1 they never cleared up Mews story. They left it and abandoned it. Partially because Mew and it's story was only introduced in the last two weeks of productions. Heck most of the staff didn't even know Mew existed until hackers found it. Still they never explained the story of Mew. And with the Legends, you had access to all four of them (not Mew) so there was no special anything with any of them.

For Generation 2 they never finished Suicunes storyline for Crystal and they never finished Ho-Oh and Lugia's from Silver and Gold into Crystal. Celebii and the GS ball were never finished either. Ho-Oh got somewhat finished in Crystal I admit but not "Finished" and how it related to Suicune.

Generation 3 just now got finished. Raquaza and it's mysteriousness was never ever explained in story and why it was so important. Sure it came in on Emerald and stopped the battle. But they never explained it's mighty powers.

Generation 4, don't get me started there. Generation 5 was finished about 90% with the fusions of Kyurem, they never showed the full returned dragon. Generation 6, is a story unfolding through X and Y and then finishing in ORAS. The only thing that is unfinished is the mysteriousness of Zygarde. There is absolutely no point to remake a game to explain one Pokemon. It doesn't make since. Besides in the official video released they already stated that the ORAS was the continuation. Just listen carefully to what they said unbias. they are done with generation 6.

There have been several things in every game that they release that they never finish on. Wouldn't surprise me if they never finish him, or he is meant to be wrapped in mystery, heck plenty of people might be missing that his ability isn't only for the x pokemon and y pokemon.

So, I take it you're one of the people who think that Game Freak is abandoning finishing plot threads that we wanted answered because "it's too predictable?"

Absolutely and yet not exactly as you put it. I have played Pokemon since Pokemon Red and Blue days, I have owned nearly every single game for the hand held (only related to the premis of gen 1-6 nothing like Pokemon Rancher and the like) system. And I tell you there have been several plot points that have never been finished in all the games. The story is only there for entertainment to get you used to playing the Pokemon. First and foremost the game is centered around getting people to play with each other with cool Pocket Monsters. The game is not centered around the stories. You can look at the stories as a glorified intro or tutorial to play Pokemon.

For instance in generation 1 they never cleared up Mews story. They left it and abandoned it. Partially because Mew and it's story was only introduced in the last two weeks of productions. Heck most of the staff didn't even know Mew existed until hackers found it. Still they never explained the story of Mew. And with the Legends, you had access to all four of them (not Mew) so there was no special anything with any of them.

For Generation 2 they never finished Suicunes storyline for Crystal and they never finished Ho-Oh and Lugia's from Silver and Gold into Crystal. Celebii and the GS ball were never finished either. Ho-Oh got somewhat finished in Crystal I admit but not "Finished" and how it related to Suicune.

Generation 3 just now got finished. Raquaza and it's mysteriousness was never ever explained in story and why it was so important. Sure it came in on Emerald and stopped the battle. But they never explained it's mighty powers.

Generation 4, don't get me started there. Generation 5 was finished about 90% with the fusions of Kyurem, they never showed the full returned dragon. Generation 6, is a story unfolding through X and Y and then finishing in ORAS. The only thing that is unfinished is the mysteriousness of Zygarde. There is absolutely no point to remake a game to explain one Pokemon. It doesn't make since. Besides in the official video released they already stated that the ORAS was the continuation. Just listen carefully to what they said unbias. they are done with generation 6.

So basically they are breaking yet another precedent; buffing the initially weakest member of a legendary trio into the strongest member of said trio (And No Mega-Raquayza, it had 10 points on the other two and already debuted 3 generations ago). Like I said before. Game freak has became unpredictable. For all we know at best; Zygarde events with Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves, like V-Create. at worse? Those two moves will be wiped from the code entirely in future games.

They've never explained much about Mewtwo, let alone the legendary birds, either. I do find it irritating that some people treat Zygarde as if it were more important than Mewtwo, which was brought back for XY without any exposition.

Besides in the official video released they already stated that the ORAS was the continuation. Just listen carefully to what they said unbias. they are done with generation 6.
What video are you talking about in particular?

So the analogy with Rayquaza is problematic in my eyes

I made the analogy, plus making the possible connection between an ecosystem's function and the Mega-Evolution concept of "life energy", because it seems like you keep insisting that "hey, they have the same exact abilities, therefore Zygarde is completely useless and not interesting at all". If that's not what you're saying, then I apologize in advance.

It's not as if Zygarde had anything to do with the species returning to Hoenn; it's the release of the Cave of Origin's energy that did the trick. I'd say that if Zygarde has anything to do with Hoenn, then it must have been very sloppy in letting Hoenn's ecosystem dwindle in the first place. At least that didn't happen in Kalos.

I didn't say that Zygarde had anything to do with species returing to Hoenn, it's made clear in the games that the Groudon/Kyogre incident is responsible for that. I'm really curious as to how you got that from my post? I also clearly acknowledged that it's more than likely just a gimmick to catch all 700+ Pokémon in the Hoenn region, I ain't stupid.

I made the analogy, plus making the possible connection between an ecosystem's function and the Mega-Evolution concept of "life energy", because it seems like you keep insisting that "hey, they have the same exact abilities, therefore Zygarde is completely useless and not interesting at all". If that's not what you're saying, then I apologize in advance.
I'm saying that it isn't different enough for anything I'd consider refreshing.

I also clearly acknowledged that it's more than likely just a gimmick to catch all 700+ Pokémon in the Hoenn region, I ain't stupid.
But what are you getting at?

They've never explained much about Mewtwo, let alone the legendary birds, either. I do find it irritating that some people treat Zygarde as if it were more important than Mewtwo, which was brought back for XY without any exposition.

Besides in the official video released they already stated that the ORAS was the continuation. Just listen carefully to what they said unbias. they are done with generation 6.
What video are you talking about in particular?

The birds had no story whatsoever. Mewtwo was linked with Mew. You just ran into the birds as you wanted.

Okay @Vegito, there is one final question I must ask.

As evidence of Zygarde's importance there were 2 moves hidden in the Game's code with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. Both are Ground-type and Arrows in particular seems directed at Yveltal. If Game Freak are done with generation VI, that means that something will have to be done with those two moves. Do you think they will:

• A. Give out event Zygardes with those moves?
  • B. Remove those moves from the code of future games and pretend they don't exist

Per the evidence. Masuda states that the devs want to do something different, and not only would keeping Zygarde weaker than the other 2 be different, but Kyurem already did the "Signature Move related to its trio's other members" schtick.

Okay @Vegito, there is one final question I must ask.

As evidence of Zygarde's importance there were 2 moves hidden in the Game's code with Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows. Both are Ground-type and Arrows in particular seems directed at Yveltal. If Game Freak are done with generation VI, that means that something will have to be done with those two moves. Do you think they will:

• A. Give out event Zygardes with those moves?
  • B. Remove those moves from the code of future games and pretend they don't exist

Per the evidence. Masuda states that the devs want to do something different, and not only would keeping Zygarde weaker than the other 2 be different, but Kyurem already did the "Signature Move related to its trio's other members" schtick.

I don't hack into coding to see what is in a game, however I do know from friends who have done that sort of thing that Celibii and other legends have had moves that they never learned that were in the coding (I am talking about event onlies) and yet they still to this day never have had these moves as far as I know. At least in America.

It's quite possible that they will release Zygarde in events with these moves or a mixture. Or maybe they are just tester moves and they decided to not give them to him.

I don't hack into coding to see what is in a game, however I do know from friends who have done that sort of thing that Celibii and other legends have had moves that they never learned that were in the coding (I am talking about event onlies) and yet they still to this day never have had these moves as far as I know. At least in America
I think you've been misinformed. The Movie 13 Celebi has Nasty Plot, but it was distributed outside Japan. Either way, Nasty Plot is a common move available to other Pokémon, whereas Zygarde's hidden moves are completely unobtainable right now.

Which is not to say that they warrant a new game just for Zygarde.

I'm saying that it isn't different enough for anything I'd consider refreshing.

True, because the same thing can be said for Genesect. While on that subject, I can't exactly say why people find Zygarde more fascinating than Mewtwo. It could be for a number of reasons, ranging from the "new" Pokémon fans VS the "old" Pokémon fans(yes, us 20-something and 30-something folks are the old geezers of this fandom) to Zygarde being a mystery compared to what we already know about Mewtwo. I personally find Zygarde more fascinating than the other because 1)Mewtwo's story has already been told, and 2)Mewtwo's backstory almost makes me sick. I know that's pretty blunt, but I have my reasons.

I also clearly acknowledged that it's more than likely just a gimmick to catch all 700+ Pokémon in the Hoenn region, I ain't stupid.
But what are you getting at?[/QUOTE]

To make it clear, I don't really believe that they'll make a connection between the two regions and their storylines. It's my weird way of making the point that if Hoopa gets crazy theories in the fandom, then why can't anything else?

I personally find Zygarde more fascinating than the other because 1)Mewtwo's story has already been told, and 2)Mewtwo's backstory almost makes me sick. I know that's pretty blunt, but I have my reasons.
But Mewtwo's story hasn't been told in the games beyond four short journal entries. The little that we do know about it rules out the story laid out by the anime nearly 17 years ago. Origins, which is a faithful adaptation, serves to highlight that Mr. Fuji's history with Mew and Mewtwo, is still a mystery all these years later.

I am not trying to tell anyone what they should like, though. But even if you've lost interest in old legendaries, what about Hoopa? It's strongly tied to ORAS and yet there is no real exposition about it. Does it make sense for another game to do the job? I don't see how when Hoopa Unbound is already ready to be made available in ORAS.

What if they do two games with zygarde one set in hoenn "Delta Z" with the evil team who were using hoopa being there in Hoenns desert zygardes in hoenn because of hoopa, the evil team brought him with them to use him in this version he has a primal reversion because of the "green orb"

and in the other version it takes place in kalos called "XYZ" the evil team is here too only this is before they're sent into the desert by hoopa (so the games would take place at differnt times making this one a prequel to the other) in this version you try to stop them with zygarde and he has a mega evolution that can be used the same way rayquaza mega evolves by teaching him thousand arrows or thousand waves (moves likely to be version exclusive) but at the end hoppa rings appear and their hideout disappears and your zygarde goes with them only to be returned to you in the post game by hoopa (zygarde taken during the climax so the story of Delta Z can happen) but in both versions you can catch zygarde, its just not required in Delta Z.

That would be unpredictable and pretty epic (but never happening) but I could see him getting a primal reversion and a mega evolution.

Last edited:
I am not trying to tell anyone what they should like, though. But even if you've lost interest in old legendaries, what about Hoopa? It's strongly tied to ORAS and yet there is no real exposition about it. Does it make sense for another game to do the job? I don't see how when Hoopa Unbound is already ready to be made available in ORAS.

Ever since Zinnia's hint of alternate dimensions being mentioned in the Delta Episode, I'm really interested in Hoopa and what it could possibly mean for future games. But for the time being, it's looking to be one of those event-only Legendaries until they decide to pull a Deoxys and make it available in-game for a future game. I sure hope they do so anyway, it's abilities and lore just opened up a big can of worms, combined with the things that were said in the Delta Episode. For personal reasons, I cannot stress enough how much event-only stories in these games tick me off, I do not have accessibility to them. The nearest GameStop and other related stores to me are 4 hours away. I was pretty bummed out about not being able to experience the Silver/Giovanni time travel event that happened in HG/SS. I know it sounds like whining, but I imagine I am certainly not the only one in the entire fandom that has this problem.

What if they do two games with zygarde one set in hoenn "Delta Z" with the evil team who were using hoopa being there in Hoenns desert zygardes in hoenn because of hoopa, the evil team brought him with them to use him in this version he has a primal reversion because of the "green orb"

and in the other version it takes place in kalos called "XYZ" the evil team is here too only this is before they're sent into the desert by hoopa (so the games would take place at differnt times making this one a prequel to the other) in this version you try to stop them with zygarde and he has a mega evolution that can be used the same way rayquaza mega evolves by teaching him thousand arrows or thousand waves (moves likely to be version exclusive) but at the end hoppa rings appear and their hideout disappears and your zygarde goes with them only to be returned to you in the post game by hoopa (zygarde taken during the climax so the story of Delta Z can happen) but in both versions you can catch zygarde, its just not required in Delta Z.

That would be unpredictable and pretty epic (but never happening) but I could see him getting a primal reversion and a mega evolution.

That's not going to happen. Like I said in past posts on this forum from last evening. The game isn't about the story. Meaning they aren't out to explain every single thing they reveal. Mew and other legendary Pokemon are still wrapped in mystery. They DON'T have to explain anything and they usually don't. Hope hope hope hope, but hope without reason is pointless and silly. They are moving onto Generation VII.

The only reason that I can think of for them not to move onto Generation VII is because they may remake all the previous Generation games into Generation VI graphics and add new things to them. Kinda like a complete reboot. However that would take too much time and people might get sick of waiting. However this may be why they refused to release Pokemon Generation 1-5 onto the eStore of the Nintendo 3DS. Which is pointless because all legendary Pokemon are available in ORAS accept for the three new ones, Mewtwo and the birds.

Here is an expanded theory; it is completely possible that they are moving away from event legendary Pokemon seeing how they officially made Deoxy catchable in a game without having an event item to do so. It's quite possible that when and if they remake again Generation 1 that they will put Mew in it, and the same for all the other generation games when they get to them.

However I think we are done for remakes for a long long time. BECAUSE you can play on the Nintendo 3DS Generation 4-6. So there is no reason to remake Generation 4 or 5. Even since just recently they got rid of selling Generation 5 in stores.

That's not going to happen. Like I said in past posts on this forum from last evening. The game isn't about the story. Meaning they aren't out to explain every single thing they reveal. Mew and other legendary Pokemon are still wrapped in mystery. They DON'T have to explain anything and they usually don't. Hope hope hope hope, but hope without reason is pointless and silly. They are moving onto Generation VII.

With that line of thinking, then they shouldn't have made B/W/BW2 and ORAS/Delta Episode as story-centric as they are. And to a lesser extent, Platinum and the poorly-written X/Y. I'm not saying that they absolutely have to start explaining every single detail, but to say that "the games are not about the story" as an excuse to blow off future speculations is almost redundant. It's pretty obvious right now that Game Freak is starting to put a little more emphasis on the storylines of these games than they have in the past.

With that line of thinking, then they shouldn't have made B/W/BW2 and ORAS/Delta Episode as story-centric as they are. And to a lesser extent, Platinum and the poorly-written X/Y. I'm not saying that they absolutely have to start explaining every single detail, but to say that "the games are not about the story" as an excuse to blow off future speculations is almost redundant. It's pretty obvious right now that Game Freak is starting to put a little more emphasis on the storylines of these games than they have in the past.

First and foremost the game is about playing with other people, the story is to help people get through the glorified intro/tutorial. That is all the story is for.

If the story is of no importance to you then sadly you are in the wrong thread. The main reason it exists and why we hace such a focus on the future of the series s because of how central the plot is now. Regions have mostly been isolated, with the exceptions of gens 2 and 4, and even then they were superficial connections compared to what we have now. We have 2 plots, 10 or so years apart focusing on the central force of nature that apparently the world runs on, with many threads left open. Gen 6 is more then likely gonna set up gen 7 as well, which never really happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom