• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY067: Miare Gym Battle! Satoshi VS Citron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY0??: The Lumiose Gym Battle Episode

I don't think he's going to face valarie just because of the order... because they also showed olympia before clemont and I highly doubt they will make lumiose the next to last gym for ash to battle....

Pikachu will win the Gym because this region is the Pikachu Show, Gym Battle wise.

Pikachu will win the Courmarine City Gym Battle too, I'll bet...

We now know that Pikachu isn't even going to be in the Courmarine Gym Battle, so you needn't worry anymore.

So Goodra, Luxray and Heliolisk will also be used in this battle, interesting.

ポケットモンスター エックスワイ:あにてれ:テレビ東京

Oh my... Luxray and Heliolisk were expected, but I thought he'll be using Sliggoo. Hyped!

The only question left is, who is Ash's third Pokemon?

Personally, I'm hoping for Hawlucha. I know it will have a bad type advantage because it is part Flying Type, but it has only has one Gym Battle win. Plus, it could just be used as a Fighting Type.

On one hand the battle looks epic but on the other hand I have a bad feeling that Pikachu vs Luxray might as well be the final matchup since they showed Luxray last and not Ash's third to go with it which means that it will go down quickly. I just wished that Goodra vs Heliolisk was the final matchup but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

EDIT: My predictions for the battle:
Pikachu vs Bunnelby-Pikachu
Goodra vs Heliolisk-Heliolisk
Hawlucha vs Heliolisk-Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Luxray- Luxray
Pikachu vs Luxray- Pikachu

The only other scenario I can see is that Goodra get switched out by Dragon Tail and Hawlucha comes and beats Heliolisk instead and losing to Luxray while Pikachu also loses(impossible) with Goodra getting the final blow(impossible also). Though I am keeping my expectations for this battle very low.

Last edited:

Anyone considered that Pokemon is ready to pull off a big lie?

Because the date of the Gym Battle and episode number remain unknown.

Could Clemont's Gym be, like the Opening (might have) suggested, is the 7th gym?

Could Clemont's Gym be, like the Opening (might have) suggested, is the 7th gym?

Innocent question, but has the anime EVER actually aired a gym battle out of order to that of the games? And if they did, when was the last time they actually did it? (And Roxie doesn't count, for semi-obvious reasons)

Innocent question, but has the anime EVER actually aired a gym battle out of order to that of the games? And if they did, when was the last time they actually did it? (And Roxie doesn't count, for semi-obvious reasons)

They never did it, but it doesn't mean they can't!

Althought that is generally impossible, but if they pull this off, I will be left dazed.

I doubt it, because then he'd have to have his gym battles with Valerie and Olympia, before this and I think they would have at least spoiled one of those matches. Also, these previews usually consist of the next 10 episodes or so and I don't see Ash battling three gym leaders in 10 episodes. I think this episode will air in the next couple of months.

They never gave preview things beyond 10 episode of the anime, but what if the Clemont Gym Battle is in fact scenes from atleast 30 episode later?

I doubt it, because then he'd have to have his gym battles with Valerie and Olympia, before this and I think they would have at least spoiled one of those matches. Also, these previews usually consist of the next 10 episodes or so and I don't see Ash battling three gym leaders in 10 episodes. I think this episode will air in the next couple of months.

Yes, Ash defeated Sabrina in Kanto, before Erika.

They never did it, but it doesn't mean they can't!

Althought that is generally impossible, but if they pull this off, I will be left dazed.

Yes he did, in the first series.

They never gave preview things beyond 10 episode of the anime, but what if the Clemont Gym Battle is in fact scenes from atleast 30 episode later?

Why would they preview something that is going to air in about 7 months? That seems a bit crazy to me.

Last edited:

At the end of today's episode they agreed to go back to Lumious for the battle, in fact they agreed Ash would challenge clemont once he had 4 gym badges at the start of the series

Why would they preview something that is going to air in about 7 months? That seems a bit crazy to me.

Except when they are truly trying to pull of a surprise by delaying the Gym Battle. That is.

Rushing Sliggoo to Goodra in shorter than 10 episode sounds bad to me too.

I really hope its way later.

At the end of today's episode they agreed to go back to Lumious for the battle, in fact they agreed Ash would challenge clemont once he had 4 gym badges at the start of the series

Yeah they did, but who says things cannot happen to delay the Gym Battle?

City Power outage, Team Flare causing destruction, Team Rocket causing destruction, Clembot went out of control again, either one will do. There might be other possibilities too.

Its just my own hope, and I am just saying there is a possibility, but it hardly will happen.

Last edited:

Awesome that Goomy fully evolves by the gym battle and is being used. Clemont's team was already expected; I want to know who Ash's last Pokemon is. I hope for Hawlucha.

Yes, Ash defeated Sabrina in Kanto, before Erika.

Ah, OK, so basically, not since Kanto has that happened.

Awesome that Goomy fully evolves by the gym battle and is being used. Clemont's team was already expected; I want to know who Ash's last Pokemon is. I hope for Hawlucha.

I would hope so too, but then to realize it will only get curb stomped again (this time by Pokemon with a type advantage) makes me retract that wish. I'd say they're probably going to use Frogadier instead.

I would hope so too, but then to realize it will only get curb stomped again (this time by Pokemon with a type advantage) makes me retract that wish. I'd say they're probably going to use Frogadier instead.

I think Hawlucha will have a chance if he goes against Heliolisk since it'll be a bit more even with Hawlucha's SE fighting-type moves against Heliolisk's SE electric-type moves. Frogadier on the other hand doesn't have any moves that'll be really good on any of Clemont's Pokemon. Not to mention that he just starred against Ramos taking out 2 Pokemon where Hawlucha couldn't even take out one, so I'd personally prefer to see Hawlucha get some more battle time here.

Hawlucha or Frogadier would be fine with me. Based on what we have seen of the battle thus far, I think Goodra will most likely be switched out because it cannot handle Heliolisk's speed. But Ash's former two Pokémon have great agility and can catch up with Heliolisk. Since each one only had two gym battles thus far, I don't mind which one is picked (as long as Fletchinder isn't picked).

Can we all take a moment and offer some props to Fletchinder? For having competed in every Kalos Gym Battle so far?

Okay.

Secondly, anyone here think that Goodra is going to get knocked out? Or do you think it will be the "star" of the battle and be the last one standing? Additionally, I would love to see it have such awesome strength, but not enough battle experience to utilize it. I think that would offer some great characterization and drama to the episode.

Also, where is this new found speed for Heliolisk coming from? It sure wasn't present when it battled Bunnelby.

Secondly, anyone here think that Goodra is going to get knocked out? Or do you think it will be the "star" of the battle and be the last one standing?

Until we have more information (such as an episode title akin to "Gym Leader's Pokémon VS Ash's Pokémon" so we have a clue which Pokémon will be last), either is a possibility.

Personally, I think the writers should legitimize their decision to evolve Goomy to its final stage very quickly by having Goodra star here. We've had plenty of Pokémon that evolved relatively quickly in B&W that had very little development or screentime to show for it (i.e. Unfezant, Leavanny). Hopefully Goodra does not end up the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom