• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP82 title

I'm guessing Gligar might run into Gliscor whose praticing in mid-air or something, leading to the fight.

But no Magmar! I was so hoping he'd be in it (or, even better, Magmortar). Guess Paul probably traded him back for Electabuzz for Pastoria.

I wonder what Crasher Wake has to do with the Croagunk Festival? Maybe he's the head of the event? Or maybe he has a Croagunk/Toxicroak of his own (The Croagunk family having Dry Skin which absorbs Water moves :p )?

Maybe Ash should actually try evolving his Pokemon by now. Paul has so many evolutions, when the hell is Ash going to evolve Turtwig?

Its quite sad that we're 82 episodes into D/P and Turtwig still hasn't evolved. To think May evolved her Bulbasaur twice in the same time period Ash still has a Turtwig is amusing.

But May's (Venusaur) also had far more battle experience than Ash's Turtwig did thanks to the contests in Hoenn.

Well, the first capture part of DP80 was correct, but we'll see in six more days whether or not Musashi captures anything.

Wah! The last part of the Yanma title was fake? Noooo!! i will go with my sig.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really surprised that the magazine scan was right about the episode title! O.O

Now, it would be really strange if all of the information in that scan does turn out to be true.

And I find this very amusing, given that it's an English scan. How someone could actually know all of this info though is beyond me. Maybe someone just has really good sources? LOL. XD

It'd be really disappointing if Jessie doesn't get Yanma... it could be much better than watch the twerps help filler character catch Yanma -_-
Or maybe both this character and Jessie get Yanma?...

And I still don't believe that magazine scan
People said Croagunk is Pastoria's mascot in the games so they probably just guessed based on that

Maybe Ash should actually try evolving his Pokemon by now. Paul has so many evolutions, when the hell is Ash going to evolve Turtwig?

Its quite sad that we're 82 episodes into D/P and Turtwig still hasn't evolved. To think May evolved her Bulbasaur twice in the same time period Ash still has a Turtwig is amusing.

Frankly, as long as Ash has an Infernape in time for the Sinnoh League, Turtwig can do what he likes for all I care.

Aw, another Swinub/Gliscorless filler. Maybe Paul will give Ash the razor fang in the Chimchar ep. The Yanma one sounds just like that Jigglypuff one in BF. I hope Jessie catches one though.

Heh. XD

To me, the Yanma episode sounds just like "Wings 'N Things", the episode where Yanma first appeared in Johto (yay for more Johto-like episodes)! ^^

If item #11 on that magazine photo is right, then it looks like Ash is going to be getting his head handed to him yet *again*(a serious miracle---or infinitely worse, a DEM---notwithstanding).

I'd sure like to see just how in the world the Ash Ketchum that barely held his own against Maylene (if in fact he could be considered to have done so at all, and he fared even less well against Kaito) is going to pull off wins against the likes of Crasher Wake and Fantina, let alone Aaron of Sinnoh's Elite Four. Barring a serious epiphany about his battling methodology (Ash's repetoire is starting to look meager in comparison to his peers again) and training priorities(in other words, *what* his pokemon learn rather than *how* they learn it), the poor kid's going to be walking into the proverbial meat grinder against those three opponents. Do we really need to have Ash fall back into the pitfalls of old?

Then consider whom Ash will be facing next year:
-----Byron: Roark's father, who almost certainly has more than twice the battling experince of the Oreburgh gym leader himself(and we all remember how Ash fared against Roark, don't we?), and has a roster capable of both defense and offense(unlike Roark and his reliance on all-out assaults with an occasional Stealth Rock thrown in).
-----Candice: A probable cold-weather battling expert, and someone who will likely come at Ash with a variety of battle tactics, ranging from ambushes to weather manipulation. Sounds fun, huh?
-----Volknor: Ten-to-one he'll be a near-E4-level (or near-Brandon-level at least) warrior who---if his anime persona turns out be anything like the one from the DP games---will be outright stop-at-nothing *relentless* in his battle with Ash and have zero inclination to give out a gym badge to someone who merely "drew even". At best, Ash is going to shoved *hard* to his breaking point against Volkner.

See why I'm worried about Ash's recent performances?

I'm worried about Ash using too much contest battle style on his battles lately (mainly Dawn's, which work much more for Ash than she). At this rate, as a friend of mine said, this time, Ash is who will need discover his own battle style...

He'll win the Gym Battles. -.-

Don't see why everyone's freaking out.

If item #11 on that magazine photo is right, then it looks like Ash is going to be getting his head handed to him yet *again*(a serious miracle---or infinitely worse, a DEM---notwithstanding).

I'd sure like to see just how in the world the Ash Ketchum that barely held his own against Maylene (if in fact he could be considered to have done so at all, and he fared even less well against Kaito) is going to pull off wins against the likes of Crasher Wake and Fantina, let alone Aaron of Sinnoh's Elite Four.

Ash has Pikachu, so goodbye Crasher. Plus Turtwig, plus Buizel. Seriously, the last place Ash should have any trouble is the Water Gym.

Fantina is going to be an utter pain. Ash has nothing to fight Ghost-types with.

Aaron? Chimchar and Staravia are Ash's best hopes.

Byron and Candice? Say hello to Monferno.

Volkner? Um... I'll get back to you on him. You see, there's this rumour...

Wow...so the Croagunk episode seems true after all. Awesome, a Croagunk centered episode would be cool to see!

As for the other episodes, I can't wait to see them too. Especially the Chimchar one. Chimchar development is always good and it's great to see it vs. one of Paul's pokemon (at the same time, I wonder if Gligar will see Gliscor).

Dude, it was a joke. Volkner looks like the Fourth Hokage from Naruto.

Newtype summary:

"Ash and his friends have arrived in Pastoria City and head to the Gym. The Gym Leader, Wake, comes out but denies Ash's request for a Gym Battle because of an urgent matter. The group decides to accompany him instead and follow him onto a train. Where are they heading?" /Sushi

Haha Ash, denied again!

A train, eh? Perhaps we'll see the Great Marsh Train.
Also, I hope the writers make Wake as badass in the anime as he was in the games. I mean, an angry luchador along with the ever-hilarious Croagunk would make an awesome ep.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom