• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Azumarill with Assult Vest
Play Rough
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
What should be the last move? I'm running Ice Punch for Grass types.

Knock Off for utility and Dark/Fairy coverage or Superpower for Ferrothorn, your choice. Either way, Belly Drum is a better set than AV, fyi, since BD + Aqua Jet + Knock Off are all legal together now

No use for Ice Punch? How will I deal with Grass-types?
Also, Azelf SR/Taunt/Psychic/Explosion how should I EV that? Also, is Taunt obligatory?

Play Rough annihilates all grass types except Amoonguss, MVenusaur, and Ferrothorn. If you are running Belly Drum (which you should be), +6 Knock Off takes care of these threats. (Always OHKOes any Amoongus, OHKOes standard ferro after rocks, does up to 70% to MVenu).

Max Spe, max Atk, 4 SpA Naive. Yes Taunt is necessary. Psychic is bad. Use Fire Blast.

How good is (M)Abomasnow in OU? In BW, Smogon gave Abomasnow and Froslass Uber analyses, is that still valid?

The only reason Abomasnow has Uber analyses in Gens IV and V is because it's the only perma-hail bringer in those generations, so it had to be analyzed to shed some light on Hail in Ubers (which still wasn't even that good with all the Kyogre and such floating around).

Froslass is mainly analyzed as a fast Spikes setter that's immune to Rapid Spin, making it somewhat helpful to offensive teams that rely on Spikes. However, that's literally the only reason you'd use Froslass in Ubers.

The only reason Abomasnow has Uber analyses in Gens IV and V is because it's the only perma-hail bringer in those generations, so it had to be analyzed to shed some light on Hail in Ubers (which still wasn't even that good with all the Kyogre and such floating around).

Froslass is mainly analyzed as a fast Spikes setter that's immune to Rapid Spin, making it somewhat helpful to offensive teams that rely on Spikes. However, that's literally the only reason you'd use Froslass in Ubers.

Scolipede outclasses Froslass 100% these days

What are good teammates for Swampert, Poison Heal Breloom, Mega Aggron, and Hydreigon?

^ Not good. Ice Fang doesn't really do anything against Megasaur because it has Thick Fat to cancel out its Ice weakness; because of that, STAB Crunch literally does about twice as much damage as Ice Fang.

^ Not good. Ice Fang doesn't really do anything against Megasaur because it has Thick Fat to cancel out its Ice weakness; because of that, STAB Crunch literally does about twice as much damage as Ice Fang.

Mold Breaker. Either way Crunch is 120 BP, Ice Fangs is 130 BP, so there's no meaningful difference. Run EQ for Rotom-W and such

Oh, right, forgot about Mold Breaker. But yeah, Ice Fang's still not good, it's that weak. XD

Outside of Anything Goes, yeah, Mega Ray's totally banned, at least in Smogon's tiers. It's just way too strong.

1) is Scarf Moxie Gyara viable?
2) What offensive Heatran sets are viable in OU aside of SR?
3) What Ice Pokemon are good in OU?

I find MGyara a TWave targer, is a set of DD/Waterfall/Taunt/Crunch viable? I also want Gyarados to stop all variants of Mamoswine.

I find MGyara a TWave targer, is a set of DD/Waterfall/Taunt/Crunch viable?

Yeah. M Gyara is basically

Waterfall
Crunch
Dragon Dance
Taunt / Sub / Earthquake

Pick your last slot as you need.

Vaporeon
Scald
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam

How should I EV this? I do want Ice Beam to have power, as Vappy has a good SpA stat; what other sets are viable? I'm a bit disappointed from Specs.

If you want to run some offensive investment, try 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA Modest. The defensive EVs maximize your physical bulk. If you want to run maximum offensive investment(Which I don't know why you'd be doing on a non-specs set), use 52 HP / 204 Def / 252 SpA Modest. Both spreads make sure that your Defense is exactly half your HP, since this set aims to take both physical and special hits, you'll be taking physical damage half the time. So it's not worth it to invest in defense if that's more than half your HP.

This Vaporeon is Bold, anyway, give me some KOs point to EV to, how much SpA do I need to OHKO Dragonite?

This Vaporeon is Bold, anyway, give me some KOs point to EV to, how much SpA do I need to OHKO Dragonite?

This is impossible. You'll never be able to OHKO a Dragonite period with a Vaporeon unless you get a crit.

Unless you do 252 SpA, Modest, and hold a Choice Specs. Then you'll have a 31.5% chance at a KO.

Too lazy to calculate, but I'd like to see some numbers on what would kill Dragonite after Stealth Rock, since there's no way it's dying at full HP. Pretty sure with Stealth Rock, you'll kill it anyway, but just to be sure.

Too lazy to calculate, but I'd like to see some numbers on what would kill Dragonite after Stealth Rock, since there's no way it's dying at full HP. Pretty sure with Stealth Rock, you'll kill it anyway, but just to be sure.

At 75% health: 0 SpA Vaporeon Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

You could give Vaporeon more Special Attack investment to bring that percentage up – 100 EVs in Special Attack gives it a 75% chance to OHKO after Rocks.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom