• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a plan.
Song mafia, based on Eurovision this year - Europe vs The Imposters (Israel, Georgia, Turkey, Russia, Australia)
What do people think?

Russia is part of Europe. It literally extends into it, and while Turkey and Georgia (Which is apparently in between Turkey and Russia) are not within the boundaries, they also are part of it. Which makes sense because their languages are probably from the same descent as other European ones. Honestly the way the continents are divided should be fixed to match country borders, especially for countries like Israel. Israel and others like that are Middle Easter, not really european, or Asian. Asian is korea, Japan, China, etc.

And Israel is at least close, but wtf Australia.
@HumanDawn; Malta used to be considered part of North Africa so no complaining from you :p

I have a plan.
Song mafia, based on Eurovision this year - Europe vs The Imposters (Israel, Georgia, Turkey, Russia, Australia)
What do people think?

Russia is part of Europe. It literally extends into it, and while Turkey and Georgia (Which is apparently in between Turkey and Russia) are not within the boundaries, they also are part of it. Which makes sense because their languages are probably from the same descent as other European ones. Honestly the way the continents are divided should be fixed to match country borders, especially for countries like Israel. Israel and others like that are Middle Easter, not really european, or Asian. Asian is korea, Japan, China, etc.

And Israel is at least close, but wtf Australia.
@HumanDawn; Malta used to be considered part of North Africa so no complaining from you :p

This post is pretty incorrect. Russia and Turkey are both partially in Europe, Istanbul used to be the capital of the Eastern Roman empire as Byzantium/Constantinople and is generally considered to be in Europe, whereas the eastern part of Turkey is not. It's complicated but similar to Russia. Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan are in a similar situation where it disputed whether they're in Europe or Asia, geographically they're often put in Asia but for a lot of other things they are considered to be in Europe, kinda like how greece is more western than former yugoslavia even though it lies more eastern. Cyprus is another country which is placed in asia by some sources and europe by others. Your most wrong assesment in the post however is that Israel wouldn't be asian, israel is very much in asia. The middle east or Arabia are not continents, because Egypt is in the middle east and I think it's quite obvious to everyone that Egypt in fact lies in africa. Asia is large, israel is as much in asia as japan or west-timor. What you call Asia is what is actually east-asia or south-east asia, what regions belong where exactly is also disputed, like how India isn't technically in south-east asia but has a lot of similarities to it so it might be grouped with it when it comes to colonial history for instance.

@Mijzelffan; 1)the maps I was using didn't shiw turkey in the European section at all. 2) you completely misunderstood what I said. I was calling the concept of how the continents are organized to be just bad. When we call someone Asian it's isn't someone from Israel, it's someone from Japan or China or a few other countries. If someone is from Israel then they are referred to as middle eastern which really should be a new name for part of the continents. The continents don't reflect cultures right and really should be changed to reflect them. Europe for example should include all o Russia because they're european not Asian despite how much is part of the Asia continent part.

Hello guys.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place or if this is an unwanted post, I apologize and please of course feel free to delete it, but I'm very much hoping this will be interesting to you.

Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 2

In 2013-2014 I hosted a Mafia Championship that featured more than 100 different players from more than 45 different werewolf/mafia communities. Each community chose their best player to represent them and they battled it out. The best players from the initial games advanced to a finale game where an ultimate winner was decided. The event was endorsed and supported by the creator of mafia himself (Dmitry Davidoff) who even offered to have a private chat with the ultimate winner. Overall it was a huge success and spawned many cross-over games between sites. I am hereby inviting your site to participate in season 2 :)

If you are interested, I need one representative to play on behalf of your community. How you decide this representative is completely up to you.

Now, this part is important: You should of course be aiming to send one of your best players. But more important than that, that person needs to be able to participate adequately in terms of activity. Be prepared for up towards 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. It could be of course that there isn't a person here who would be able to handle such activity in which case Bulbagarden unfortunately wouldn't be able to get represented, but I'm hopeful :).

More on the game format below.

The current plan for season 2

• 65 different communities will be represented.
• 1 player per community for the entire season (preferably).
• 5 qualifying games will be played with 13 players each.
• 2 players advance to the finale from each game based on post-game votes.
• 3 additional players are granted wildcard spots.

Game setup

The game will have a very basic mafia setup: 3 mafia members, 9 vanilla townies and 1 cop. The cop starts the game with a random vanilla townie peek. Roles revealed upon death.

Some communities are not very used to playing basic setups like this, but for the first season, we utilized a setup with a good share of power roles, so this time around we are trying something new. For season 3 we will switch it up again.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). This means the game will last a maximum of 2 weeks.

Timeline

The first game is set to start April 6th. The other four games will take place in the 1-3 months after that. I will make a Doodle and find out the best times to start the 5 games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100 % guarantee that this won’t happen).

Links to season 1

Qualifying game #1 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #2 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #3 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Qualifying game #4 : [URL=http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4 Game of Mafia Champions (WW Invitational) - Game Thread - Puzzles and Other Games Forum[/url]

Finale game: Ultimate Game of Mafia Champions - GAME THREAD - Puzzles and Other Games Forum

I remember an offer last year but I don't think anyone here ended up participating. It sounds interesting and it could give us some publicity if we bring up a representative.

Sounds cool, but I feel like I'm too out of the loop to have an idea on who would be a good choice.

Sounds pretty cool. Not something I'm interested in, but it would be fun to have one of our own play.

If we can know, what are some of the other communities that are playing?

@Thingyman;

Could we somehow bring up 2 or 3 representatives? What about sub representatives? If the one we pick can't play later could we sub them with another player here?

This is a really cool thing, and I would love it if Bulbagarden is represented.

That being said, I think @Phoenicks; is a great choice as well. He's played on other sites too.

Sounds pretty cool. Not something I'm interested in, but it would be fun to have one of our own play.

If we can know, what are some of the other communities that are playing?

This hasn't all been finalized yet, but here's a list of some:

EpicMafia
TwoPlusTwo
PokerNet
Walter Football
Captain Luffy
Otaku Central
Something Awful
The Millennium Forums
Team Liquid
Part Time Poker
MafiaManiac
Ultimate Mafia
MTG Salvation
BoardGameGeek
Giant in the Playground
Last Life
Ninsheetmusic
Dragonmount
Neoseeker
Wrestling Forum
ComicFury
Vendetta Strada
PlayDiplomacy
FFR Revolution
FlopTurnRiver
MindRomp
Jesus Toast Mafia

And more.

@Thingyman;

Could we somehow bring up 2 or 3 representatives? What about sub representatives? If the one we pick can't play later could we sub them with another player here?

It's 1 representative per community (at least, that's the plan atm). Finding a secondary/alternate pick is a good idea though in case something happens and the first one is no longer able to participate. But I'll be sending out a Doodle, so your representative would essentially be able to pick when he/she can best fit this into their schedule, so hopefully no problems should arise.

Yeah, @Phoenicks is a good candidate.

EDIT: Ew, MTG:S? Still remember their cross-site games with MS...

Last edited:
Thanks Thingyman!

[00:56:00] Hayley: if we did it the best thing to do imo would be to make a thread for those who would be willing to represent us then when we have all the sign ups we put it to a vote?

What do you guys think of this idea? I agree it would be much better with a vote, if we're going to send somebody to represent our site it should be somebody people agree to pick.

We could do voting or W/L ratio, but I feel like our community wants voting.
Phoenicks, HumanDawn, and Crackfox are actually good choices.
Psycho, Neonsands, and Kyriaki seem like good players as well, but some of them are a bit busy with their schedule :I

I like the poll idea, as long as it's anonymous and we can vote for more than one.

@Thingyman; Thanks for the website invite! If I may ask, how'd Bulba get on your radar?

I'd really like to participate, so I like Human's idea of a poll for this. Since it starts on the 6th, we need a representative soon, no?

I'm very flattered by all the recommendations but I don't think i'd be a good choice really. I've never played Mafia outside of Bulba for a start. I'd go with Phoenicks personally but I think it's better to put it to a vote. The people being nominated haven't even expressed an interesting in doing it yet (aside from Phoenicks just now)

Let's first establish who actually wants to do this.

I'd agree with the people already mentioned, and Master Mew, I know he isn't gone as he just posted : p

Though, CF just said no, so either Nick or Human would be my first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom