• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we look closely at the logo for this special, you can see IV is divided into two colors:

frlg.png

Remember the number coloration for the Mega Evolution logo has to do with the subject matter of the special:
I - Mega Charizard color (black)
II - Mega Rayquaza color (green) + darker shade of green (emerald)
III - Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre colors - dark red (ruby) and dark blue (sapphire)

If that is the case, then this could be huge.

I think that the colors denote Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur, as they're overdue for an appearance. That doesn't necessarily mean anything for the next game release.

Are we supposed to remember the Mega Stone that Alain found in Act I?

Possible Gen I re-remakes for the 20th anniversary coming sometime in early 2016 (probably February 27).

I think that the colors denote Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur, as they're overdue for an appearance. That doesn't necessarily mean anything for the next game release.

It's possible since this special seems to be set in Kalos, but the last three Acts have promoted the latest announced/released games (as of their Japanese airing). I can't see why this Act would be any different.

By the time this special rolls around in autumn, the ORAS promotions would have long stopped and TPCi needs to focus on something newer. You have to admit that Act IV's logo color and arrangement - red on top, green on bottom - is too deliberate for it to be a coincidence.

I don't know. We didn't even see what Alain did with it during the last two Acts.

Last edited:

I don't know. We didn't even see what Alain did with it during the last two Acts.

Considering that it was a Gyaradosite, my guess is that he ended up giving it to Lysandre, and since the latter's already been confirmed to have a Key Stone... Well, you know where I'm going with this.

Last edited:
It's possible since this special seems to be set in Kalos, but the last three Acts have promoted the latest announced/released games (as of their Japanese airing). I can't see why this Act would be any different.
You say this as if the anime were remotely close to showcasing all the Mega Evolutions from the current games. Act I started the focus on XY Mega Evolutions, but that ended up being derailed by the ORAS promotion (which was pretty limited in itself).

By the time this special rolls around in autumn, the ORAS promotions would have long stopped and TPCi needs to focus on something newer. You have to admit that Act IV's logo color and arrangement - red on top, green on bottom - is too deliberate for it to be a coincidence.
Are you suggesting that Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur shouldn't be showcased without being the mascots of new games? They already exist and are some of the more marketable Pokémon related to XY. Judging from Movie 18 and the upcoming spin-off games, no main series game will be released this year, so I don't see why Act IV can't just give spotlight to neglected Mega Evolutions.

You say this as if the anime were remotely close to showcasing all the Mega Evolutions from the current games. Act I started the focus on XY Mega Evolutions, but that ended up being derailed by the ORAS promotion (which was pretty limited in itself).

These specials are not so much as showing off Mega Evolutions as it is to promote a future or recent game release.

If it were truly about the Megas alone, then the writers would not have invested so much time over Acts II and III on ORAS game elements. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are the mascots of these games, with Mega Rayquaza being an equally important feature in their storyline. These specials were designed to entertain the viewing audience, inform them about the Megas, and then tie those Megas to a product (in this case, ORAS). With the exception of a Mega Tyranitar featured briefly at the end of Act III, no XY debuting Megas were shown in the latest two acts.

Also note that the Megas featured in the shorts leading up to Acts II and III were either popular Pokemon (i.e. Mega Audino), Pokemon essential to ORAS (i.e. Mega Starters and Mega Lati@s), and Hoenn Dex Pokemon that debuted in ORAS (i.e. Mega Sableye, as opposed to Mega Mawile). In any case, these shorts served to promote the Megas that you could only get in ORAS.

Are you suggesting that Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur shouldn't be showcased without being the mascots of new games? They already exist and are some of the more marketable Pokémon related to XY. Judging from Movie 18 and the upcoming spin-off games, no main series game will be released this year, so I don't see why Act IV can't just give spotlight to neglected Mega Evolutions.

The writers and animators won't invest time, effort, and tons of money to produce this special unless there is an underlying marketing purpose. All three Acts created thus far have done that, and this Act will most likely not be any different.

It won't just be a special about a neglected Mega. It will be a special featuring Megas that are tied to some sort of video game product, which will not be XY or ORAS. Whether that product is a Gen I re-remake, a game that expands on the XY storyline, or anything else remains to be seen.

The writers and animators won't invest time, effort, and tons of money to produce this special unless there is an underlying marketing purpose. All three Acts created thus far have done that, and this Act will most likely not be any different.
This special is being described as the climax of the mini series. Why would that be the case if there were a new Generation VI game to promote?

If it were truly about the Megas alone, then the writers would not have invested so much time over Acts II and III on ORAS game elements.
But the game promotion wasn't blatant in Act I. It had been six months since XY's release and the priority was showcasing a decent number of Mega Evolutions. So what if ORAS interrupted that? It doesn't mean that they can't conclude the mini series without promoting another game, especially if there is no main series release this year as implied by the movie (which will promote ORAS content only).

It will be a special featuring Megas that are tied to some sort of video game product, which will not be XY or ORAS.
Nevermind the fact that the anime still revolves around XY and that these specials aren't much different than regular episodes with higher budget.

Considering that it was a Gyaradosite, my guess is that he ended up giving it to Lysandre, and since the latter's already been confirmed to have a Key Stone... Well, you know where I'm going with this.

o_O I'd better check back, but if it was a Gyaradosite, then we may be seeing Lysandre in battle in Act4

I wonder that if it is the Climax and the last episode, how is it going to tie-in with the main series especially with the fact that we may not see Manon in the next act.

The question is WHEN and WHERE will we see Manon gain.

This episode is scheduled to air in Japan in Fall 2015, right? So when does fall in Japan occur? I mean, when this episode airs in Japan, what will the month be?

Also, is there any news regarding the third and fourth specials in the English dub?

Fall is October, November and December. Notice how most new animated series premier in October or April, those months are the beginning of fall and spring. Iwane Masa'aki is probably just this month beginning his key animation for Mega Evolution Act IV.

So this episode will air towards the year end, right?

But what about the English dub airing of Act III and Act IV?

Last edited:
Fall is October, November and December. Notice how most new animated series premier in October or April, those months are the beginning of fall and spring.
No. Fall is September-November, and Spring starts at the end of February.

He's referring to how Japanese anime usually premiers on January/April/July/October. The 'beginning of Fall Anime' is usually scheduled in October.

He's referring to how Japanese anime usually premiers on January/April/July/October. The 'beginning of Fall Anime' is usually scheduled in October.
Considering that Act III aired in March and was described as airing in Spring, September should be considered early Fall. We aren't dealing with a new series.

Act III airing a month early isn't impossible given Pocket Monster actually has a good production schedule and Iwane Masa'aki is a fast key animator. Japanese broadcasting terms are still the same, nevertheless. October or November are the best bet, especially given when Act II came out.

Guys, since Alain is going to meet Ash soon in the main anime (probably before this Act airs), do you think that there is a chance Ash might appear in this Act if both series's interlink together for real.

I'm just a little surprised that Alain and Ash's meeting could possibly be happening before Act 4 since I thought that it will happen after but can someone confirm to me when the meeting will most likely happen and if it will happen before Act 4 airs.

No one can confirm anything because nothing concrete's been announced.

The best any of us can do is make educated guesses.

These acts are a smart take from writers. Instead of rushing flare arc in the anime they are taking it slowly and waiting for the next game to come out to see that if there are any changes made to the team flare. And these acts themselves are really great. Alain is a likable character and him and ash are finally crossing their ways. Hopefully we'll get a Mega Zard battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom