• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Patches released for Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Requi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Patches released for Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Required for ...

Patches for Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been released.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Patches released for Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: R

I wonder what's up with those vague patch descriptions...

Re: Patches released for Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: R

I wonder what's up with those vague patch descriptions...

They never like to give specifics. Only time is when there's a major glitch like the Lumiose City one that they acknowledged, so want to make clear they are fixing.

I'm rather suspicious/curious about this update, especially for X/Y after the OR/AS compatibility situation. My gut tells me that it's to ensure that X/Y (and obviously OR/AS) are compatible with whatever they plan to do next, but I'm not putting too much stock into it actually being that.

Update: The patches in both Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire created a glitch which would cause international Random Matches in the Battle Spot to crash after selecting team members. The glitch seems to be related to the Pokémon names being in different languages, as the Battle Spot was modified so that nicknames display rather than species names. This fixed the glitch, but is only a temporary fix; no additional software patches need to be installed for it to take into effect.

I'm a little confused. Did the new update create that glitch, or was it created by a previous update and the new one fixes it?

Update: The patches in both Pokémon X and Y and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire created a glitch which would cause international Random Matches in the Battle Spot to crash after selecting team members. The glitch seems to be related to the Pokémon names being in different languages, as the Battle Spot was modified so that nicknames display rather than species names. This fixed the glitch, but is only a temporary fix; no additional software patches need to be installed for it to take into effect.

I'm a little confused. Did the new update create that glitch, or was it created by a previous update and the new one fixes it?

Yes, this may need to be revised

I've rephrased this, so hopefully it's clearer now. The patch introduced it, but GF changed the Battle Spot server to fix it.

I think the updates are to deal with the QR code hacks. There are QR codes which can give you hacked Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom