• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY070: Conclusion! Numelgon, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could understand it if Ash had a full team of Pokémon, but Ash has only five Pokémon thus far. They're running out of options for possible teammates for Ash, so I don't think releasing one this saga is going to do him any favors. Unless Ash brings back one of his old Pokémon that happens to be in one of the Kalos region's Pokédexes (which I highly doubt), they might keep Ash from having a full team of six this saga. That's not such a good thing for the writers to do.
He doesn't need a full roster for the gyms, and it seems likely that he will use at least a few old Pokémon in the league. Between Goodra possibly returning and Charizard/Sceptile Mega Evolving, I don't see why Ash needs a full Kalos team. One more capture should suffice.

Because for Kalos, it makes no sense to through a large chunk of Kalos with only 5 Pokemon.

Not counting Goodra, Ash's team is woefully inadequate. It seems like the only Pokemon that ever seems to be enough is Pikachu.

Because for Kalos, it makes no sense to through a large chunk of Kalos with only 5 Pokemon.
That's already happening. A sixth capture is unlikely to affect anything but possibly the 8th gym, which will merely be another 3vs3 battle (not to mention that Ash already has two Pokémon that are strong against Ice).

Not counting Goodra, Ash's team is woefully inadequate. It seems like the only Pokemon that ever seems to be enough is Pikachu.
There are still Talonflame and Greninja to look forward to, as well as Goodra's replacement. I don't see how a sixth Pokémon would really make a difference.

That's already happening. A sixth capture is unlikely to affect anything but possibly the 8th gym, which will merely be another 3vs3 battle (not to mention that Ash already has two Pokémon that are strong against Ice).
Well chalk it up to the writers not knowing what they are doing. Let's look at Ash's team now or rather what it will be. Pikachu, Hawlucha, Frogadier, and Fletchinder, even if we get evolutions before Olympia in the form of both Greninja and Talonflame, assuming Ash is not likely to catch another Pokemon before his battle with Valerie, since the Noibat comes AFTER the Spritzee episode, the Pokemon that will appear in that gym will already be Pokemon that have already shown up in gym battles before, and it would be nothing new, and therefore boring. The best possible team for THAT particular gym battle would be: Pikachu *sigh*, Frogadier and Fletchinder, the three Pokemon that have the best advantages against Valerie, Hawlucha being the odd one out due to its weakness against Fairy types. And Pikachu, Frogadier and Fletchinder has already been done, NOT quite the same way but it's an evolved beefier version of the Gym Battle with Grant. The only hope we have is that Fletchinder actually stars in that gym. Therefore releasing Goodra RIGHT before the gym battle with Valerie doesn't make sense.

So fine that leaves ONLY two gym battles afterwards.

Now having only Ash catching one other Pokemon is why its pointless for Ash to ONLY have 5 Pokemon, because right now we have NO indication if he's going to bring something back for mega evolution arc purposes. Goodra did NOT need to be released for whatever stupid idiotic reason, since Goodra being released does not offer anything to Ash because he (as you suggest) will only catch ONE other Pokemon. Meanwhile Gliscor was "released/sent for training" for the sole purpose of allowing room for Gible, therefore it wouldn't make sense for Goodra to be released if Ash only catches ONE more Pokemon. Ash already had a slot opening, so unless some executive producer is bad at MATH, releasing Goodra could ONLY ever signify that Ash would catch more than one other Pokemon. After all Heracross stayed with Oaks to allow Phanpy to exist. The first generation being the only generation he did not have a full team (with him) but that's countered by the fact he had more than 6 Pokemon to use, having 3 Pokemon (or 32 Pokemon) at Oak's awaiting for him to be brought back.

Even with Goodra, Ash's team is not that exciting, if you take it out, and Noibat WON'T be caught by Ash will leave a open team with nothing interesting to write home about, except let's pray Frogadier and Hawlucha team up for an episode again, but I'm not holding my breath.

So Goodra being released and having Ash only catch one more Pokemon, if it was Noibat, would mean that they replaced Goodra with a weaker dragon type Pokemon, and left Ash hanging open (with his team) because you would think his team would have just one more Pokemon to round it out, and to close the gap.

So if it was Noibat, then I would have to say Ash team is entirely screwed up, because they gave him a third flying and 2nd dragon and didn't even bother to give him something new new.

Even if Ash doesn't catch Noibat, but catches, Phantump or Honedge or even Skiddo, or maybe even Bergmite. Ash's team still suffers because Ash would still ONLY have 4 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu. Ash should have 5 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu or at least 5 Kalos caught Pokemon + Pikachu. There's no point in hinging the the balance of Ash's team on only one final Pokemon after releasing Goodra.

Therefore the final gyms are just going to be boring because there's no guarantee that Ash will have caught a Pokemon by Olympia, let alone use it against both gyms. Therefore we are stuck with Pikachu, Frogadier/Greninja,Fletchinder/Talonflame, and Hawlucha. Hawlucha only being useful against Wulfric (being that it's outright weak against fairy and psychic but is neutral to ice types). And I've already seen all possible combinations, that one other Pokemon is not going to make much of a different. You know at least in Hoenn it didn't feel like all the Pokemon were constantly overused, due to the nature of the gyms, and gaps for some of the Pokemon.

There are still Talonflame and Greninja to look forward to, as well as Goodra's replacement. I don't see how a sixth Pokémon would really make a difference.[/QUOTE] It's supposed to balance his team, Talonflame and Greninja are literally the same Pokemon just a lot stronger and for Greninja an added dark type, that doesn't help the balancing issue. Goodra + final Pokemon would have balanced his team very well. No Goodra + only one other final Pokemon does not make a balanced team. At this point the only way to BALANCE his team would be to give him 2 additional Pokemon not just one.

However if Ash does bring back a Pokemon to have a full team, rather than catching a brand new one, then I'll be fine with that.

the Pokemon that will appear in that gym will already be Pokemon that have already shown up in gym battles before, and it would be nothing new, and therefore boring. The best possible team for THAT particular gym battle would be: Pikachu *sigh*, Frogadier and Fletchinder, the three Pokemon that have the best advantages against Valerie, Hawlucha being the odd one out due to its weakness against Fairy types. And Pikachu, Frogadier and Fletchinder has already been done, NOT quite the same way but it's an evolved beefier version of the Gym Battle with Grant. The only hope we have is that Fletchinder actually stars in that gym. Therefore releasing Goodra RIGHT before the gym battle with Valerie doesn't make sense.
I'd wager that Goodra's battle against Florges is going to be more interesting than any possible scenario for the sixth gym. Not everything has to boil down to gym matches, and besides, Ash dealing with a new type using his established team isn't necessarily boring.

Ash already had a slot opening, so unless some executive producer is bad at MATH, releasing Goodra could ONLY ever signify that Ash would catch more than one other Pokemon. After all Heracross stayed with Oaks to allow Phanpy to exist. The first generation being the only generation he did not have a full team (with him) but that's countered by the fact he had more than 6 Pokemon to use, having 3 Pokemon (or 32 Pokemon) at Oak's awaiting for him to be brought back.
Who says that Goodra's release is supposed to accommodate the gym battles? You do remember that Gible wasn't even used in the 8th gym, right?

Even if Ash doesn't catch Noibat, but catches, Phantump or Honedge or even Skiddo, or maybe even Bergmite. Ash's team still suffers because Ash would still ONLY have 4 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu. Ash should have 5 Kalos Pokemon + Pikachu or at least 5 Kalos caught Pokemon + Pikachu. There's no point in hinging the the balance of Ash's team on only one final Pokemon after releasing Goodra.
Hinging the balance? Chances are that Greninja and Talonflame will be pivotal in the last two gyms, and at least the former will have a new type to boast.

that doesn't help the balancing issue.
An "issue" that existed in AG/DP's last two gyms despite the addition of Snorunt/Gible.

Goodra + final Pokemon would have balanced his team very well.
What kind of balance are you even talking about? There is only so much diversity he needs for 3vs3 battles, and Pokémon being overused in gyms isn't anything new. What would be so wrong with the gym teams being as follows:

Olympia: Pikachu/Fletchinder, Phantump/Honedge, Greninja

Wulfric: Greninja/Doublade, Hawlucha, Talonflame

Pikachu/Fletchinder being used again may not be ideal, but the focus would be on Phantump/Honedge and Greninja anyway. What would Noibat/Bergmite really add to the battle? Using them against Wulfric would be especially bizarre.

However if Ash does bring back a Pokemon to have a full team, rather than catching a brand new one, then I'll be fine with that.
He only needs such support for the league.

Last edited:
In "Facing the Grand Design", we all assumed that Inkay would leave. It didn't.

In "A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways", we all assumed that Wobbuffet would leave. He didn't.
Hang on... The thought that Sonansu would be leaving was quickly brushed aside because the same movie information which first tipped fans off about Numelgon's alleged departure showed Sonansu still present! And I don't believe that anyone thought Maaiika would leave!!

That being said when it comes to Numelgon it's not over till the fat lady sings but the newest pic (which looks like it's been pulled straight from some shoujo anime) is quite damning...

In "Facing the Grand Design", we all assumed that Inkay would leave. It didn't.

In "A Fork in the Road! A Parting of the Ways", we all assumed that Wobbuffet would leave. He didn't.
Hang on... The thought that Sonansu would be leaving was quickly brushed aside because the same movie information which first tipped fans off about Numelgon's alleged departure showed Sonansu still present! And I don't believe that anyone thought Maaiika would leave!!

That being said when it comes to Numelgon it's not over till the fat lady sings but the newest pic (which looks like it's been pulled straight from some shoujo anime) is quite damning...

I assure you, I have seen comments in regards to both Wobbuffet and Inkay.

Everyone listen up Goodra's release is still not confirmed yet and as long as it is that way there is still a small chance it might stay with ash and just because the evidvence in trailers, movie bios show other wise doesn't mean it may or may not happen

Yes yes you guys are probably right to be optimistic and hey even if he doesn't release Numelgon I have this sneaking suspicion that they'll bring Pigeot back as its replacement!!

Ash's/Satoshi's Team if Fully evolved () = Move might be learned = STAB Move

Pikachu- Electric
Greninja/Gekkouga- Water/Dark
Water Pulse, Bubble, Pound, Double Team, Cut, Aerial Ace, (Gunk Shot, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump)
Talonflame/Fiarrow- Fire/Flying
Double Team, Peck, Razor Wind, Steel Wing, Flame Charge, (Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Overheat)
Hawlucha/Luchabull- Fighting/Flying
Flying Press, Karate Chop, High Jump Kick, (Sky Attack, Swords Dance, Focus Blast, Superpower)
Goodra/Numelgon- Dragon
Rain Dance, Bide, Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, (Outrage, Power Whip, Sludge Wave, Dragon Tail, Iron Tail, Draco Meteor, Focus Punch)

:eek: That is one scary team to fight against if they learn those moves and use good moves and combine moves Ash K/Satoshi

Last edited:
Yes yes you guys are probably right to be optimistic and hey even if he doesn't release Numelgon I have this sneaking suspicion that they'll bring Pigeot back as its replacement!!

I wouldn't say I'm being "optimistic", I just don't want to assume X or Y, so to speak (and no pun intended). I've seen so many times when things are assumed, and the discussions have become almost...fretish, and then nothing happens. It feels like everyone's gotten worked up for nothing. And besides, I learnt that it's never a good thing to assume through my own mistakes with guessing in the anime.

The only thing I'm willing to assume will happen in the XY saga (literally the only thing) is that Iris will make an appearance, because given the past form, that's pretty much a given. But that's it.

How true young man, how true. I once assumed that Satoshi would visit Jouto during DP and rashly made a bet against the user once known as Scott that I'd change my name to Scott Is Always Right (or a variation on this theme) if I were wrong (which, alas, I was)... Fortunately by the time this became apparent dear Scott had forgotten the bet and I never reminded him :) Ah the follies of youth!

Long live Numelgon, the pseudo king!

Man, if Goodra really is leaving I hope it's just Charizard/Gliscor leaving and not leaving leaving.

Here is a new summary.

Even though Ash and the others are aware of the conflict between the Pokémon living in the wetlands and feel bad about it, they also feel that humans shouldn't meddle in issues that are purely between Pokémon. However, that night, Pikachu ends up getting abducted by Florges' army, and as Ash sets out to rescue it, he learns the actual truth behind the series of events that has occurred here.

Re: XY070 - Conclusion! Goodra, Go Over the Rainbow!!

Goodra might leave, but this episode title its too vague to actually say anything about it. Also it would be pretty cool if ash caught a ghost Pokemon in that haunted house, tho out probably won't happen.

As much as I would like it for Goodra to not leave. I have to admit that I'm honestly okay with it leaving. Ash has managed to help it get over its fears and evolve into what it is now. He has allowed it to grow and become a stronger individual. This was pretty much the purpose of the story arc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Goodra leaving via story.

Here are some new images of the episode. Although, some of this information might also be from XY069 as well.

DpPtzV2.jpg

Here is what it says in the first image.

From Goomy to Goodra! This is a showcase of scenes displaying its evolution!!
The strong-willed Goomy that has traveled with Ash has grown up evolving into a Sliggo and then into a Goodra! The time has come for it to test its abilities!!

Ash befriended Goomy! -> It evolved into a Sliggo!! -> Goodra played a major role at the Lumiose Gym!! -> Now, Goodra's fight begins...! (Ash: "Let's show them your power!!"

ehFFCtw.jpg

Here is what it says in the next image.

A Florges approaches, accompanied by many Pokémon! The reason why Goodra wanted to become stronger will now finally be revealed!!

Stand up against the wild Florges! Goodra's Ordeal!!

uQyA5dW.jpg

Here is what it says in the last image.

A battle to retake its homeland!

Goomy and its friends had their home stolen from them!
Goomy used to live with its friends at a rich lake. However they were kicked out of their own home by a Florges and its companions that suddenly showed up one day!

A group of Pokémon suddenly attacked under orders from Florges!

Goomy ended up by Ash's side...
Having somehow managed to escape, Goomy happened upon Ash and his friends, who helped it.

Goodra stands up to fight for its friends' sake!!
After being kicked out of their home, Goomy's friends have been quietly getting by as best as they can. Having acquired a strong sense of courage upon its evolution into Goodra, it fights for its friends with all it has!!
(Ash: "You can do it!")

It fights together with its friends!
This is a battle between Pokémon, one that humans will have to stay out of. Goodra and its friends fight their best as Ash cheers them on!!

Team Rocket lurk in Florges' shadow...!?
This is the Florges that expelled Goomy and its friends and took the lake. But we can see Team Rocket standing there behind it in this picture... Why!?

Everyone listen up Goodra's release is still not confirmed yet and as long as it is that way there is still a chance it might stay with ash and just because the evidvence in trailers, movie bios show other wise doesn't mean it may or may not happen

Thank Arceus someone else thinks that. I keep telling everyone to stop assuming Goodra will be released. They're all just being paranoid and don't see every possible meaning in the "evidence". Seriously give me one of the things that seems to point to Goodra being released and I can probably give you an alternate explanation.

Everyone listen up Goodra's release is still not confirmed yet and as long as it is that way there is still a chance it might stay with ash and just because the evidvence in trailers, movie bios show other wise doesn't mean it may or may not happen

Thank Arceus someone else thinks that. I keep telling everyone to stop assuming Goodra will be released. They're all just being paranoid and don't see every possible meaning in the "evidence". Seriously give me one of the things that seems to point to Goodra being released and I can probably give you an alternate explanation.

................ Sigh..... You serious? You haven't seen Gaogao all Stars yet by all means?

I guess so. Or you won't be so optimistic. If you indeed had seen Gaogao all Stars it means you are just trying to look cool. No offense meant here.

No I'm just smart enough to know not to assume Goodra will be released and wait until it actually happens. You guys are just being ridiculous and letting paranoia cloud your minds. Just because it looks like Goodra is going to be released doesn't mean it is. Am I saying Goodra won't be released? No. I'm just not jumping to conclusions like the rest of you.

It's going to be released or it'll pull a Gliscor, either way it'll leave, why deny reality? o_O I also held hope until the last minute but now it's pretty clear what's going to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom