• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know how a z version based on that but not as a sequel would even work, let alone exist. If we are to get some sort of Z game, I would want them to look to FE:if for inspiration. A single game with two story paths and gameplay changes. Those are the different incentives I want in Pokemon.
But Fire Emblem If has two versions, or alternatively, one version that requires DLC to see both paths.
Exactly. If is essentially one game, spread across 2. The world, characters, and content is shared, while the difficulty, gameplay, and story is different. The digital version could have the same plot up to the first gym then split. Post league the story could focus on Zinnia, who has been zipping between the two universes. They could either have one game focus on the megaverse and the other on a Kalos were primals are more abundant instead and megas are rarer, or bring back the original timeline where around XYs time a new method was truly discovered, perhaps by colress.
Could the reason why we don't seem to be getting an announcement be because the new games aren't going to be released in October/November 2015 but rather late February 2016 for a Red/Blue remake?
General consensus is definitely a September reveal if anything does get announced

General consensus amongst who? Fans?
What evidence is there for a september reveal?

Could the reason why we don't seem to be getting an announcement be because the new games aren't going to be released in October/November 2015 but rather late February 2016 for a Red/Blue remake?

That's what I expect, personally. No releases in 2015, and an announcement (sometime between E3 and September) for a new game(s) (which could be anything from Kanto remakes, Kalos sequels, Hoenn sequels, Kalos third version, etc.) to be released precisely on February 27, 2016 for the 20th anniversary.

General consensus amongst who? Fans?
What evidence is there for a september reveal?

Fall has usually been the time of the year that we get either the first reveal of a new game(s) or the release of a new game(s). We have had them occur during other times of the year, but the majority of the games have had their spotlight(reveals and/or releases) mostly during the fall months.

General consensus is definitely a September reveal if anything does get announced

No it's not, there is no consensus on anything relating to the next game. I've seen dozens of different theories for what's happening next and I can't say any of them are more valid than any other. There's too much conflicting evidence to make any kind of definitive conclusion at this point. The fact of the matter is that we don't really know for sure what's next.

As far as release cycles go, it's usually a Spring announcement and Fall release, so if we don't get anything by E3, then more than likely we're not getting anything until next year.

Attachments

• Mega_Evo_Special_4.png
    Mega_Evo_Special_4.png
    263.2 KB · Views: 85
1. Kanto remakes isn't happening - we are done with it and we already got remakes for this gen and those were disappointing remakes.
2. Sinnoh remakes - We can play the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum on all models of the DS, so we can rule this out.
3. Hoenn Sequels - No. After ORAS games, I hope Hoenn never reappears at all. It also won't leave room for next Kalos installment.
4. Kalos third version/sequels - The most likely to happen, Zygarde has two hidden moves, only has 600 bst and pokedex mentions that it has a secret power.
5. Gen 7 - it is likely to happen if no Kalos game comes after ORAS.

In conclusion, it is either a new Kalos game(s) or gen 7. Also the colour scheme for the mega evolution scheme doesn't imply anything, at least not this time anyway.

Maybe not on here, but other forums have taken to the idea of a September. Its the same amount of time from may to September/October, and outside of XY, the main series never got focus at E3. And even some people who probably have evidence agree with a september reveal. Anything in May or June would be too weird at this point.

As for the part 4 logo, I agree, but warily. Perhaps it could be that, or it could be Lysandre's Tyranitar. Of course, the green/red being for the remake works if its a two parter, with the second bit in February.

1. Kanto remakes isn't happening - we are done with it and we already got remakes for this gen and those were disappointing remakes.

In conclusion, it is either a new Kalos game(s) or gen 7.

Also the colour scheme for the mega evolution scheme doesn't imply anything, at least not this time anyway.

Didn't realise you worked for Gamefreak, thanks for clearing this all up for us, we've been speculating for quite some time.

If they'll make some major geographical additions to the Kanto region, then I'll be happy to play said game. There are parts of that region, or cities in particular that would warrant an addition to the existing region:
- Gunma/Tochigi Area, particularly the shrines and the Toshogu in Nikko
- Kamakura, perhaps next to Vermillion City, and perhaps a shrine that Suicune/Entei/Raikou or Tornadus/Thundurus/Landoru visits
- Haneda Airport, to act as the Gen 6-7 equivalent of Unity Tower
- Tokyo's Imperial Palace, which can act as the Gen 6-7 equivalent of Johto's Nature Park, or Shinnoh's Amity Square? Or alternatively where the Lake Trio visits, considering that they are based on the symbols of the Japanese Imperial Family
- Tokyo Metro/Subway, featured as a Battle Subway, and Kanto's Battle Facility

Otherwise, I would expect a third version for XY before Gen 7 comes.

After all the Kanto hype in Kalos (giving us the Kanto starters early, Mega Evolutions for them, Pokemon Origins, and Mewtwo megas), I don't see how they're going to add more Kanto. Mega evolution specials? Alain was promoting Mega Charizard all along - a Kanto mega. Enough with the Kanto, and if they are preparing anything, it's likely a special Mew distribution or something like that.

Maybe not on here, but other forums have taken to the idea of a September.

I'm on 3 Pokemon forums, 2 of which are fairly major ones. I haven't seen any kind of agreement on what's next. No idea what you're looking at.

Its the same amount of time from may to September/October

Same amount of time as what?

and outside of XY, the main series never got focus at E3.

It usually doesn't. Pokemon news is typically announced through Japanese media like CoroCoro.

Anything in May or June would be too weird at this point.

Too weird? What would be weird about that? Pokemon games are usually announced at least 4 months before they release, so a May/June reveal would put the release date squarely in September/October.

As far as release cycles go, it's usually a Spring announcement and Fall release, so if we don't get anything by E3, then more than likely we're not getting anything until next year.
Nevermind the fact that B2W2 deviated from this pattern, or that Spring releases used to be the norm outside Japan. It doesn't make sense to wait a whole year just because they (presumably) can't finish the development within 2015.

After all the Kanto hype in Kalos (giving us the Kanto starters early, Mega Evolutions for them, Pokemon Origins, and Mewtwo megas), I don't see how they're going to add more Kanto. Mega evolution specials? Alain was promoting Mega Charizard all along - a Kanto mega. Enough with the Kanto, and if they are preparing anything, it's likely a special Mew distribution or something like that.

Honestly I agree. I love Kanto but I'm so done with it. lol.

We went back in GSC, then again for the actual Kanto remakes, once more for the Johto remakes, and then everything you mentioned regarding Gen 6. I'd prefer something new to Kanto being remade. At least right now.

I'm on 3 Pokemon forums, 2 of which are fairly major ones. I haven't seen any kind of agreement on what's next. No idea what you're looking at.

Same amount of time as what?

It usually doesn't. Pokemon news is typically announced through Japanese media like CoroCoro.

Too weird? What would be weird about that? Pokemon games are usually announced at least 4 months before they release, so a May/June reveal would put the release date squarely in September/October.
You asked what I meant as the same amount of time, but you answered for mr yourself. September-February is as long as May-October,cwhich is what I'm using as a measure for when it would be revealed.
Second its too weird whrn you consider the focus of the movie, Hoopa. If its forme change where not in ORAS, I would agree that a game would be cpming this year, much like Shaymin, Giratina, Kyurem and Keldeo were not in DP and BW respectively. The games already have availibility for the movie gimmick, so what sort of incentive would the movie event have for the new ganes, which usually do go hand in hand for the middle movie? Nothing.
Third, I also said general gaming forums. I'm fully aware of what's said on sppf and PC, and to be quite honest I'm shocked that on all 3 forums that everyone is expecting a ln early reveal. This kinda ties into point 2, but for me its quite evident that up until the movie and some time after the focus is on ORAS. A game reveal is gonna kill whatever buzz they want for em, but god know's why they want to still focus on em.

Game Freak don't have to conform to this fan release pattern at all if they don't want to. It might be how they have done things for a few games, but that doesn't mean they can't change/adapt the release date to suit their needs in a situation, as opposed to this release date pattern dictating their every move.
---
Edit: I should elaborate that ^ is in regards to the people saying that they won't break their release pattern for the 20th anniversary. The release date pattern is the one that fans think Game Freak have to live by (spring announcement with a fall release). They could easily change that to suit their needs for the 20th, if they wanted to, is what I'm saying.
---

I think everyone should just keep an open mind about what could happen. I doubt many people would have predicted ORAS (or let's say the next games in general) to be revealed as early as seven months after XY; I'd bet most people who think they know Game Freak's release pattern would have said 1+ year after XY.

Also I agree with personally not wanting to revisit Kanto. If we do end up revisiting it, then I'd really like to see some big changes to the region because right now it's incredibly stale imo. And make it after a timeskip so everything about the region can change/evolve. I'm still not bothered for returning there myself. Would much rather see Kalos be given the B2W2 Unova treatment for the next game.

Last edited:
Don't see why everyone is saying they are sick of Kanto we've not been there since 2009 (HGSS Japan) that's 6 years without visiting Kanto.
Further still the main Kanto story, not the postgame one, hasnt been visited for 11 years! How can you be sick of something that happened over a decade ago?
Kanto mainstory games are the only ones you can't currently play on the 3DS. Kanto is the birthplace, the spiritual home of Pokemon.

And I don't see what people mean by all the Kanto stuff in Gen VI what Kanto stuff is there? People used to say Kanto starters, but with the release of ORAS you can now get all starters in Gen VI.

Don't see why everyone is saying they are sick of Kanto we've not been there since 2009 (HGSS Japan) that's 6 years without visiting Kanto.
Further still the main Kanto story, not the postgame one, hasnt been visited for 11 years! How can you be sick of something that happened over a decade ago?
Kanto mainstory games are the only ones you can't currently play on the 3DS. Kanto is the birthplace, the spiritual home of Pokemon.

And I don't see what people mean by all the Kanto stuff in Gen VI what Kanto stuff is there? People used to say Kanto starters, but with the release of ORAS you can now get all starters in Gen VI.
From the top of my head:
-Kanto Starters
-Snorlax blocking the road, requiring the pokeflute to wake it up.
-Lapras given so you can surf, as well as having the only surf model.
Post league legendaries where basically gen 1 plus Zygarde.
Game Freak don't have to conform to this fan release pattern at all if they don't want to. It might be how they have done things for a few games, but that doesn't mean they can't change/adapt the release date to suit their needs in a situation, as opposed to this release date pattern dictating their every move.

I think everyone should just keep an open mind about what could happen. I doubt many people would have predicted ORAS (or let's say the next games in general) to be revealed as early as seven months after XY; I'd bet most people who think they know Game Freak's release pattern would have said 1+ year after XY.

Also I agree with personally not wanting to revisit Kanto. If we do end up revisiting it, then I'd really like to see some big changes to the region because right now it's incredibly stale imo. And make it after a timeskip so everything about the region can change/evolve. I'm still not bothered for returning there myself. Would much rather see Kalos be given the B2W2 Unova treatment for the next game.
Sure. Because its the 20th anniversary, I can see them make an exception and announce it at E3. But outside of that, September seems good enough.

As for Kanto, I still think a good 20 year timeskip could work. Hell, its probably far enough from Xys period that I could even accept it as a sort of a new start

Kanto has been in four generations (RBY, GSC, FRLG, HGSS) and then on top of that XY went way overboard on a massive Kanto-fest. So yeah, I'm bored of Kanto, which is why, if we do end up going back to it, I want to see some massive changes to the region, characters and whatever to change it from the Kanto we have revisited so far. Which is why a timeskip seems suitable.

You're free to disagree, but don't act like people don't have a reason to be, and aren't allowed to be, tired of Kanto just because you aren't.

From the top of my head:
-Kanto Starters
-Post league legendaries where basically gen 1 plus Zygarde.

Don't forget Santalune Forest having the exact same layout as Viridian Forest. There's probably more, but these are the biggest ones. The Kanto starters and Mewtwo are two of the biggest things in relation to Kanto and I have zero interest in reliving them again after they were just done in XY (and HGSS before that, and FRLG before that and RBY before that...)

From the top of my head:
-Kanto Starters
Post league legendaries where basically gen 1 plus Zygarde.

You're just looking at XY though, ORAS is part of this gen too.
-All starters are available in Gen 6
-Lucario given so you can mega evolve (does this mean too much Gen 4?)
-Wailmer and Sharpedo now have models too
-All non event legendaries are now available post game, be they gen 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6

The only thing that is a direct link to Gen 1 that I can't answer is Snorlax and the Poke Flute, but personally in my opinion I don't really think that can be counted as too much of Gen 1, can it? If anything it serves more as a hint to a Gen 1 remake.

When a game has elements taken from another in such a latge amount, it goes pasy references and straight into retread territory. All the examples you mention can/have been explained. If it were nods, we would have had an original trio in XY, with the birds in achypothetical sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom