• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY076: The Wind, the Egg and Onbat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: XY076: Noibat

And here is the Noibat from the short that should be caught by a member of the main cast. I wonder who will get it.

I hope Ash will catch the Noibat, this episode will probably be after the 6th gym (XY74-75) and at this point to have Ash with only 4 mons in his roster is kind of a mess imo.

What's with everyone assuming that it'll go to Ash? Not just here, I mean. I'd bet it'll have an interest in Serena's goal, not Ash's, so Serena may be the one to catch it. I mean, look at it. That little adorable body will probably net it a slot in Serena's team for her Showcases. And, on another note, if it goes to Serena, then both she and Ash will have flyers that can scout for the other in any other "group separation" episodes, so it won't reduce Fletchinder's role to just aerial recon. So my bet is that it's going to Serena. That should make her team quite interesting if she does catch it.

Probably because it's a Dragon-type to replace Goodra.

I would like it to go to Serena. But I'd like a shiny blue Noibat. It is so cute.

It should go to Serena if Noibat is ever joining the cast. Ash already has two flying types on his team, so another one would make his team unbalanced.

I'm with the majority: Noibat should be caught by Serena. Not only because I can see her with it more than Ash but, if Ash does catch it, it could ruin the balance of his team, especially if Goodra's departure turns out to be temporary.

What's with everyone assuming that it'll go to Ash? Not just here, I mean. I'd bet it'll have an interest in Serena's goal, not Ash's, so Serena may be the one to catch it. I mean, look at it. That little adorable body will probably net it a slot in Serena's team for her Showcases. And, on another note, if it goes to Serena, then both she and Ash will have flyers that can scout for the other in any other "group separation" episodes, so it won't reduce Fletchinder's role to just aerial recon. So my bet is that it's going to Serena. That should make her team quite interesting if she does catch it.

I will agree that Serena with a Noibat makes the most sense. However the timing of this capture, really irritates me which is why I hate the thought of it going to Serena or James, to the point that I shake my head at the writers idiocy for allowing something like this to happen, which is why I believe that Noibat has no choice but to logically go to Ash.

I'm with the majority: Noibat should be caught by Serena. Not only because I can see her with it more than Ash but, if Ash does catch it, it could ruin the balance of his team, especially if Goodra's departure turns out to be temporary.

Unfortunately a league battle where Ash MIGHT recall his Goodra to use, has no relevance whatsoever in regards to the balance of his team, since it won't matter in the league since I doubt Noibat/Noivern would be used along with Goodra.
===

But let's look at this from a logical point of view.

Ash catches Goomy, fully evolves it, and releases said Pokemon (likely because there's NO indication whatsoever its staying, the opening NOT update even though Braixen was included which evolved from Fennekin only in the episode prior to Sliggoo into Goodra, the movie bio, and the Pikachu short). All of this happening within 20 episodes (along with Froakie evolving).

Serena catches Pancham, evolves Braixen, Clemont catches Luxio and evolves into Luxray.

If we exclude Goodra, simply due to release, and ignore it's important role in the gym, Goodra's release means that Ash's team did not develop AT all, because only Froakie evolved, while Serena and Clemont got an evolution and a capture and kept those Pokemon and evolutions.

And with the gym battle of Valerie likely occurring with the Spritzee episode (likely not guaranteed), which means at best we have to deal with a Fletchinder, Pikachu, Frogadier combination which we have ALREADY seen in the 2nd gym (minus the evolutions), which means the battle is simply going to be subpar, because the imbalance of Ash's team, of only having 4 Pokemon to choose from, and one of those being outright weak against Fairy, which is why it likely won't be used (Hawlucha). Pikachu, Hawlucha, and Fletchinder mirrors the Korrina gym exactly. Which is going to happen regardless because of Spritzee showing up before Noibat's episode.

Because Ash only has four Pokemon, and due to the lack of likely captured Pokemon. Ash needs a new Pokemon MORE than any other character, right now. Because that's what happens when you say "to hell with one Pokemon in particular" and gets dumped like garbage for whatever make believe reason, because Goodra was not OP during its battle against Clemont, it nearly lost, which means it isn't overpowered (though could be overused).

Now I am giving some leeway here that if Valerie's gym battle which is likely to occur even before Noibat's hypothetical capture, if it is not until a lot later, and after the movie, then I will possibly be okay with Ash not catching Noibat but for comparison sake, between the first XY movie and the 2nd, the ONLY change for Ash's team would be Froakie evolving. Which is very unfortunate because like I said Serena and Clemont had a capture and an evolution each during this time span.

Now assume for a moment Valerie's gym battle is episode 74, and Noibat is not caught until after, considering that there are a few episodes still to air before the movie, that we have NO information on, and since none of things we can expect will BE caught until AFTER the movie, means that the delay for Ash's next capture will EVEN take longer.

And at this point will take 10 episodes after the release of Goodra, which makes Goodra's random release even before the Valerie gym (which it could've lost easily too, unless they force Goodra to learn a poison or steel type against Valerie) quite ridiculous.

Ash NEEDS a Pokemon more than any other character because right now you completely ignore Goodra, and Ash's team has remained stagnant since Hawlucha's capture. SO HE NEEDS a new capture. Which is why I don't understand WHY Ash is not the next in line to capture a Pokemon, I don't care if Noibat would be it, at least it WOULD be something. Ash basically only has four Pokemon, he shouldn't only have four Pokemon, he should've only released Goodra only after he caught his last Pokemon.

I'm not entirely thrilled of the idea of Ash and Noibat, but due to everything we know, Ash has no choice but to be the recipient of Noibat, otherwise what would be the point in Noibat being captured anyway. Noibat's capture could've happened 10-15 episodes and I don't think it would've made a difference if it went to Serena or James, but Ash can't afford to WAIT until AFTER the movie to capture another Pokemon, waiting 10-20 episode after the needless release of Goodra, and likely until after the Valerie Gym battle.

Why wait? Why give a capture to Serena or James when Ash needs it more. James doesn't technically need a Pokemon anyway, and it's unlikely Serena would use Noibat in her performance which should only be Braixen and Pancham right at this moment in time. I mean I would have NO problem whatsoever, if Ash was guaranteed to capture a Pokemon before or right after Valerie's gym battle, and Noibat took place the episode RIGHT after. But I just fail to see the point in giving Serena precedence when SHE doesn't NEED it.

Ash needs it purely for VARIETY sake of being a new Pokemon, that hasn't been used to death in gym battles.

Ash needs it purely for VARIETY sake of being a new Pokemon, that hasn't been used to death in gym battles.

But getting another Flying-type makes no sense even considering variety. In fact, it ruins variety. We can't just consider Valerie - Ash is going to have one hell of a battle at the 8th gym if he gets Noibat because he'd be heavily - and I mean HEAVILY - disadvantaged.

But getting another Flying-type makes no sense even considering variety. In fact, it ruins variety. We can't just consider Valerie - Ash is going to have one hell of a battle at the 8th gym if he gets Noibat because he'd be heavily - and I mean HEAVILY - disadvantaged.

1. True, ignoring Valerie, Noibat would be utterly pointless, only having Olympia (if even that), but that would be true for Bergmite, Phantump, Skiddo, as it would be pretty weird for Ash to use an ice type against an ice type (just because) and the grass types because they too would be at a disadvantage.

2. However, that being said, Goodra's release mean Ash should be open for two more Pokemon, instead of one, which means, whatever Ash's last last Pokemon ends up being would possibly be beneficial against Wulfric or neutral. Then again it could be Noibat and Phantump/Skiddo for his last Pokemon, but for convenience sake, let's assume that Ash won't get a grass type this generation.

3. Therefore Noibat would serve Ash as tide-Ash-over Pokemon to be used in the meantime, due to Ash's team being that Goodra's release imbalances his team incredibly. As much as I don't like the idea of Noibat with Ash (As I've said), having Noibat be caught by any other trainer than Ash with everything happening with Ash's team would be incredibly asinine since Goodra had no reason to be released at this very moment in time (April 30th) only 15 episodes after initial capture. What would be the point in imbalancing Ash's team by reducing a member, only for the NEXT capture to be someone other than Ash? That would be like Ash releasing Gliscor, and Brock catching a Gible, with random Pokemon caught right before the league and never really used.

4. If the information we have is wrong, and maybe Ash's next capture is happening by XY080, and is being hidden (for whatever reason), then Noibat could be caught by someone else other than Ash.

But assume that it takes 10-20 episodes after Goodra's release before Ash catches another Pokemon, then it would be completely pointless and nonsensical for Noibat's hypothetical capture to go to ANYONE other than Ash. Noibat being caught by Serena or James RIGHT after Ash releases his only not hardly used Kalos member doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. Serena can wait until after her next performance to catch another Pokemon. James DOESN'T NEED another Pokemon. Clemont and Jessie seem the most unlikely team members.

So what would be the point in DELAYING Ash another Pokemon. I mean take away Goodra completely and Ash will not have had a new team member since Hawlucha which was caught 41 episodes (from this episode), which means, technically Ash will have had the same 4 Pokemon for so long.

If Ash's team looked like this:

Pikachu, Fletchinder, Frogadier, Hawlucha, Goodra, ???

Then a release would like this: Pikachu, Fletchinder, Hawlucha, Frogadier, ???, Open Slot which would make it easier to swallow Noibat being caught by anyone else.

But right now its this:

Pikachu, Fletchinder, Frogadier, Hawlucha Goodra, Open Slot

to

Pikachu, Fletchinder, Frogadier, Hawlucha, Open Slot, Open Slot.

I don't want Ash with a Noibat, I really do not want Ash with a Noibat, but depriving Ash a Pokemon in favor of another character, in regards to the current timeline, JUST doesn't make any sense.

I'm giving huge leeway here, If Valerie's gym is after XY080, Ash's next Pokemon happens by XY080 then Noibat can go to Serena or hell, even James. If Valerie's gym occurs in XY074, and Ash's next Pokemon won't be until after XY080 and Serena/James/Clemont/Jessie catch Noibat in this episode, my head will explode in utter confusion due to this severe illogical writing. At the very least don't you think Goodra SHOULD have battled against Valerie, what the hell would be the point in releasing Goodra four episode before Valerie's gym and yet Ash's Pokemon next Pokemon won't exist until after XY080, or after the movie (although I'm sure XY080 is before the next movie) or at the very least it will be the episode RIGHT AFTER the movie.

Again, I don't like it, but Noibat with Ash is the only thing that makes any logical sense. Because in ANY other situation regardless of Noibat's trainer, and in regards to Goodra itself, things could've waited until a better time, or there was no point for those things to happen as they apparently they are.

At the very least don't you think Goodra SHOULD have battled against Valerie, what the hell would be the point in releasing Goodra four episode before Valerie's gym and yet Ash's Pokemon next Pokemon won't exist until after XY080, or after the movie (although I'm sure XY080 is before the next movie) or at the very least it will be the episode RIGHT AFTER the movie.

It would have been pretty pointless to include Goodra in a gym battle where he'd just flat lose. Dragon moves aren't just ineffective - they don't affect Fairy types at all and Goodra itself is weak to Fairy-type attacks. Even if Goodra stayed, no one in their right mind would have sent Goodra to fight a Sylveon. Ash used Frogadier against Ramos because it was agile and it knew Aerial Ace, but Goodra doesn't know a Poison or Steel move as of now and it doesn't have ninja like movements - it's just going to be damn right useless.
Again, I don't like it, but Noibat with Ash is the only thing that makes any logical sense. Because in ANY other situation regardless of Noibat's trainer, and in regards to Goodra itself, things could've waited until a better time, or there was no point for those things to happen as they apparently they are.
Then again, there's always the possibility that nobody would catch Noibat.

Personally, if Noibat doesn't go to Ash, I'm betting on Goodra returning and - as much as I dislike it - Charizard will fill Ash's last spot. Alain's making an appearance in episode 68 as part of Sycamore's flashback, and it's pretty obvious that the mega evolution specials are overlapping with the tv series from that point. The writers would be foolish enough not to use that chance to give Ash a Charizard Y Stone that was possibly meant for Alain. At least that's my guess

It would have been pretty pointless to include Goodra in a gym battle where he'd just flat lose. Dragon moves aren't just ineffective - they don't affect Fairy types at all and Goodra itself is weak to Fairy-type attacks. Even if Goodra stayed, no one in their right mind would have sent Goodra to fight a Sylveon. Ash used Frogadier against Ramos because it was agile and it knew Aerial Ace, but Goodra doesn't know a Poison or Steel move as of now and it doesn't have ninja like movements - it's just going to be damn right useless.

Except Goodra will be battling the strongest non legendary fairy type in a few episodes, how do you think Goodra is going to fair against Florges, if it wouldn't be able to combat against Valerie's Slyveon, Spritzee, Mr. Mime (excluding Mawile on purpose), I mean of course that means Goodra has no choice but to learn a new move in the upcoming episodes like sludge wave

Or why make Florges the evil Pokemon, why not another dragon type or an ice type. Looking at Goodra's moveset, it doesn't even stand a chance against Florges, and yet its going to be released to protect the swamp, but will always be defeated by Florges?

Wouldn't make sense for why there's a Noibat showing up in the anime so close to the movie and having one actually be featured in the Pikachu short, unless they were SO desperate to include a random Pokemon.

Personally, if Noibat doesn't go to Ash, I'm betting on Goodra returning and - as much as I dislike it - Charizard will fill Ash's last spot. Alain's making an appearance in episode 68 as part of Sycamore's flashback, and it's pretty obvious that the mega evolution specials are overlapping with the tv series from that point. The writers would be foolish enough not to use that chance to give Ash a Charizard Y Stone that was possibly meant for Alain. At least that's my guess

Ash going the last three gyms with ONLY 4 Pokemon makes the entire situation worse than it already looks. Making Goodra's release even more pointless and wasteful.

Why have Ash release a Pokemon, and have Ash only with four Pokemon up to the league where he might recall Goodra and Charizard, what would be the point? Might as well just not have Ash catch anything and use his old generation Pokemon in the league.

Except Goodra will be battling the strongest non legendary fairy type in a few episodes, how do you think Goodra is going to fair against Florges, if it wouldn't be able to combat against Valerie's Slyveon, Spritzee, Mr. Mime (excluding Mawile on purpose), I mean of course that means Goodra has no choice but to learn a new move in the upcoming episodes like sludge wave

Or why make Florges the evil Pokemon, why not another dragon type or an ice type. Looking at Goodra's moveset, it doesn't even stand a chance against Florges, and yet its going to be released to protect the swamp, but will always be defeated by Florges?

Florges is a wild pokemon. Valerie is a gym leader. There's a difference. Species aside, gym leader pokemons are typically portrayed to be stronger than the norm. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash loses.

Wouldn't make sense for why there's a Noibat showing up in the anime so close to the movie and having one actually be featured in the Pikachu short, unless they were SO desperate to include a random Pokemon.

It's featured in the Pikachu short. There's no indication of Noibat actually appearing in the movie. It could be random, just not desperate and maybe a result of rolling the die after picking a candidate of cute Kalos mons.

Ash going the last three gyms with ONLY 4 Pokemon makes the entire situation worse than it already looks. Making Goodra's release even more pointless and wasteful.

Why have Ash release a Pokemon, and have Ash only with four Pokemon up to the league where he might recall Goodra and Charizard, what would be the point? Might as well just not have Ash catch anything and use his old generation Pokemon in the league.

Who says Ash is going to have only four pokemon for the rest of the gyms? For all we know, they could have planned another capture of a completely unexpected pokemon. And for League, there's a very good chance he could be bringing back his old mons as well. Considering all the Kanto hype planted in XY and the advertisements around the time of the release, it wouldn't be surprising if they did it again.

Florges is a wild pokemon. Valerie is a gym leader. There's a difference. Species aside, gym leader pokemons are typically portrayed to be stronger than the norm. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash loses.
I understand that, of course Valerie's Spritzee would be on par with Florges. But at the same, Florges is supposed to be a terrifying Pokemon in this upcoming episodes, being a leader of the Pokemon, and even despite have the major advantage over Goodra, even if Goodra was a Steel type, I feel like Goodra would struggle against Florges.

But Goodra, dragon type, would illustrate the battle against fairy types. Immune to dragon type, super effective, why not illustrate this best by having a dragon type, why make a battle boring by relying on Pikachu, Frogadier, and Fletchinder.

It's featured in the Pikachu short. There's no indication of Noibat actually appearing in the movie. It could be random, just not desperate and maybe a result of rolling the die after picking a candidate of cute Kalos mons.
Considering its in the short it might as well be a part of the movie, but here's the problem, suppose Jessie's Pumpkaboo isn't evolving, what with this random Gourgeist merchandising for this Pikachu short and NO Pumpkaboo at all. Random cute Pokemon? I guess no one like Pumpkaboo because it wasn't in the first XY Pikachu short either.

Who says Ash is going to have only four pokemon for the rest of the gyms? For all we know, they could have planned another capture of a completely unexpected pokemon. And for League, there's a very good chance he could be bringing back his old mons as well. Considering all the Kanto hype planted in XY and the advertisements around the time of the release, it wouldn't be surprising if they did it again.

You said "Goodra returns, and Charizard fills the last spot" those situations could only happen near the league, there would be no point to release Goodra at XY070, and it returns 10-20 episodes later (permanently), and recalling Charizard any time soon, would make Fletchinder kind of pointless. So that leaves Ash with the 4 Pokemon he will have for the rest of the gyms. But that's kind of how it is, with no mention of another Pokemon.

Thing its even if James doesn't need a Pokemon, he's part of team rocket, isn't their goal to get Pokemon from the region? As far as I know James might get it. As for ash I assume he's going to find a way to beat valerie with hawlucha, cause he's that smart. Also noibat would be useless for that gym, considering he's also a dragon type, only dragon type that makes sense for this gym its dragalge, who won't happen.

I still think James will get it. If it evolves, then TR will be more of a threat.

Don't know about Serena capturing it. How do you show off a pokemon like that in it's next evolved form?

Serena does have Pancham though. It's next evolved form is anything but cute.

Still don't think it will go to Serena due to Eevee being a better choice because of Slyveon.

I still think James will get it. If it evolves, then TR will be more of a threat.

The new ending pretty much confirmed that the Noibat in this episode
will not be caught by Jessie or James.

- In the ending, Noibat was seen on the center stage, which is where all of the main protagonists' Pokemon are located. TRio's Pokemon, conversely, are performing on the side stages.
- In one of the final scenes in that ending, Meowth and TRio's Pokemon are seen gathering together. This includes Gourgeist, Inkay, and Wobbuffet, but not Noibat.

PDIrgfw.jpg

I do believe that this pretty much confirms that it's Ash's Noibat.

Attachments

• 1429159560194.jpg
    1429159560194.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 436
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom