• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, hey guys, I just got this game. I was wondering; how difficult is it to attain the mayor-development permit? I only have 30% percent or so, and I don't have much time for this game considering most events happen during the day... Also, will the museum ever reward you for donations? Or is it just a "feel good" kind of thing?

If you are living in a tent then get Nook to build you a house pronto. That will increase your percentage considerably. Other things you can do to speed your citizen satisfaction up include donating things to the museum, pulling weeds, watering plants, talking to your villagers and doing them favours. On an average day donate something to the museum, talk to all your villagers and do anything they might ask of you, water all the plants even if they aren't wilting and pull up any weeds you see. You can also change your town flag and town tune, that will increase your approval rating a little too. Once you get the 100% approval rating Isabelle will apply for a developement permit.

In regards to the museum once you have donated a certain number of things you will have the option to build a second floor. On the second floor you will have four big, empty rooms which you can use for storage or to create displays for your friends to see when they visit. If you have donated all the fossils, fish, bugs and artwork available to find in the game you will get a museum model as a little momento. I still haven't gotten mine as the artwork is a pain to collect. I personally like having a museum full of things so I can visit from time to time, I think it's cool.

I had already gotten the house, but thanks! I'm already at 80 or so... Also, when will Cyrus wake up? And when do I access Tortimer Island?

Keep playing at your own pace. I'm not sure when those events occur, so the best I can do is say check Re-Tail every day, and when Cyrus finally wakes up, he'll be talking to Reese when you walk in. As for the island, Tortimer will interrupt Isabelle on start-up to mention the island. Once he does, the island will be open. You might also want to check Nookipedia to see if they have any more specific info.

Can you dye your hair? And if so, where? Because I really want my little Villager to be blonde.

I'm trying to figure out how to maximize my profit from the flea market spaces in Re-Tail. I know Chuggaaconroy explained it in his LP of the game, but I forget which episode and couldn't find anything online to help out with this.

How different is it from Wild World?

Did anyone else really dislike Wild World? I didn't like it at all.

How different is it from Wild World?

Very. Aside from having all the features of Wild World and City Folk, it also adds new things to the mix.

• The first player of the town is the mayor, so you have the responsibility of making the town better by using ordinances and town works projects. Ordinances can do things like making stores stay open later or reducing the amount of weeds in town and helping your flowers stay alive longer. With town works projects, you can build bridges and certain buildings in your town.
  • There are new villagers, including new species of villagers, and two new personality types for villagers. Villagers also become more interactive and active in the game world, like planting flowers and entering buildings aside from their houses.
  • There are new buildings like the Dream Suite and Club LOL.
  • There's new bugs, new fish, new fruit, new fossils, and you can even customize furniture now.
  • You can customize your house to your liking in new ways like putting stuff on the walls and even the exterior of the house.
  • There's new clothes like pants, skirts, socks, and shoes.

That's not even everything the game has to offer. You'd really have to pick up the game to see how different it is from Wild World.

Did anyone else really dislike Wild World? I didn't like it at all.

I definitely agree. It was fun for a while, but I just slowly lost interest in it. It's the one AC game I have yet to go back to.

My childhood menace has come to my new town.
Moose. I hate him with a passion.

A couple of things. I recently started a new town so the dream address and town name no longer apply for my entry on the list on the OP. The new town's name is Gartphen, and it's a story town. I think it'll just be easier to link to the Miiverse post going into detail about what's happening there, so here you guys go. The "mayor's" name is Goeolwen, though the name of the character I'll be mostly playing as is still on the list. If you'd like to help out with the story, leave a post here giving any ideas you have to help out with the story, hopefully starting with the town tune and/or rest of the letter (the greeting, first line, and closing are done for the letter). Anything, and I mean anything, you guys do to help will be greatly appreciated.

I haven't played NL in a year...
I suddenly feel terrible.

^ Think of all the weeds!

^ Think of all the weeds!

I was accidentally time travelled a full year. Wasn't that messy but then again I do have the beatiful town ordinance. Couldn't live without that.

Just started a new town yesterday to celebrate the first day of Spring. Two days in and I still have zero furniture, ha.

I just started a new town as well annnnd I'm addicted again

Probably gonna reset my town soon like maybe today. I dont like where I placed my house or the layout much at all anymore and am not really attached to the villagers. Im just gonna move all my items to my other game and then reset the town.

In the next game, Id really like to work on my town a lot more and try to make it look nice. Id like to try putting paths down and such. I just think it would be fun.

Planning to buy this tomorrow. I miss playing these games.

Everyone seems to restart their towns. @Oswin; has been especially bad with it and I don't think he's had a town last longer than a week since he bought the game when it came out. I've still got the same town I started with back in June '13. I don't like some of my choices (like where I placed my house for one) but I'm making it work. I've come too far to just erase it all ;_;

Also Marshal has his boxes packed today. Hopefully I get someone good in his place in a few days time.

And I finally caught an oarfish, which I missed out on last year because... I uh... stopped playing for a very long time. Getting back into the swing of the game again though.

I've come too far to just erase it all ;_;

you've went and made me feel all guilty and pseudonostalgic

I miss fiskland

I wonder when the next (real) animal crossing game will come out....my chance to rebuild fiskland in all its glory awaits.

I haaaaate how the series handles resetting the town. It like guilt trips you not to. Very depressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom