• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned Kanto with new Pokemon and the start of gen 7 mostly as a counter to remakes. Filling an old region with new Pokemon, and say taking place way after the original story is something that has never been done, and could be interesting. While the strange souvenir region still needs to be adressed, that could be in the later part of the generation. Kanto in gen 6, the way I want it at least, would not work due to the restriction of new pokemon in the middle of the generation, which is why I'm going with this idea asthe start of gen 7. You don't even need new legendaries in Kanto, but do make their existence known, for the SS region.

I mentioned Kanto with new Pokemon and the start of gen 7 mostly as a counter to remakes. Filling an old region with new Pokemon, and say taking place way after the original story is something that has never been done, and could be interesting. While the strange souvenir region still needs to be adressed, that could be in the later part of the generation. Kanto in gen 6, the way I want it at least, would not work due to the restriction of new pokemon in the middle of the generation, which is why I'm going with this idea asthe start of gen 7. You don't even need new legendaries in Kanto, but do make their existence known, for the SS region.
Don't you think it would make a lot more sense to start with the new region? If Kanto sequels were released in 2017, they would still be promoted in late 2016 as part of the 20th anniversary. For that matter, I think it would be more appropriate for the initial versions to celebrate the series as a whole rather than just Kanto.

I really don't see how. The game Platinum Lucario described sounds a lot like XY only with Kalos as a post-game region. I doubt that Sugimori had an abundance of Mega Evolutions in mind when he mentioned simplicity, either. It doesn't help that the Strange Souvenir region is specifically said to be far from Kalos.

Also, if an "Episode Zeta" takes place in a new region (which is certainly possible), I don't see the point of revisiting Kalos.
If there wasn't going to be any Mega Evolutions... then that new generation would have to take place in that alternate universe in which Zinnia described about, which is the same universe in where Generations I - V took place in.

If they really were going to remove Mega Evolutions, they'd have to do it in Generation VIII. 'Cause Generation VII is more of a mixture of between simplicity and a prequel to X/Y, in which will have new mega evolutions to clear up the story about Mega Evolutions. As well as compatibility in battling and trading between Generation VI and VII games with their restrictions, like I mentioned earlier. But there would have to be a reason behind revisiting Kalos for during the post-game. And that reason is... to obtain Yveltal/Xerneas, depending on the version of the game you're playing. Since one of them is held inside the Ultimate Weapon, while the other one is hidden away somewhere where the villainous team captures it and uses it during "Episode Zeta", then after freeing the Yveltal/Xerneas, then the player can then catch the legendary. Then the story of the other one will continue in X/Y, which are already released almost two years ago.

Also, we've got a list of Pokémon Merchandise in which has some parts in which indicate stuff that hasn't been announced yet:

Character A
Character B
Character C
Character D
Character E
Character D

Most people speculate that the two Character Ds are actually Zygarde, but what I actually speculate... is the Hoopa Unbound formes in which have just recently been revealed officially. How come? Well, I speculate that there's a normal variant of Hoopa as well as a shiny variant of Hoopa. As for Characters A-C, I'd say they would be new mega evolutions of Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja in which are set to be revealed in the CoroCoro leak in June. As for Character E, it's a totally new Pokémon, in which is within the Generation VII games.

Platinum Lucario said:
If there wasn't going to be any Mega Evolutions... then that new generation would have to take place in that alternate universe in which Zinnia described about, which is the same universe in where Generations I - V took place in.
I didn't say that Mega Evolution would be removed. I just don't see a reason to assume that it will be even more prevalent than it is now if simplicity is supposed to be a theme. Adding around 20 Mega Evolutions should suffice, and I don't think that every region needs to have Mega Evolution be central to its plot.

Also, we've got a list of Pokémon Merchandise in which has some parts in which indicate stuff that hasn't been announced yet:
That list doesn't even mention any of the legendaries revealed to be in the movie aside from Hoopa Confined. The placeholders are probably redundant (with the exception of Hoopa Unbound), which has happened before.

Eh, whatever floats people's boats. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it's the same old Team Rocket, same old Red and Green rivalry with a bunch of 'Smell ya!'s, the same old Marowak story, the same old Snorlax blocking the road, with the same old guy who dropped the lift key... The same old story with updated graphics and mega evolutions doesn't exactly sound appealing. A remake of a remake is going to be boring if they don't implement major changes or additions to the storyline and features.

I wouldn't want R/B with a new coat of paint. One reason why I wouldn't mind remakes of remakes in this case is because of how dull FR/LG were for me. They were basically R/B with only a few new features added in, which were fun at first, but they were one of the few games in which I didn't raise my teams to level one hundred partly due to how there was little to do after the E4. If we do get remakes of those games again, I want them to put in more significant changes to the storyline and/or provide a more appealing post-storyline content along the lines of what HG/SS or at least OR/AS. Somehow incorporating Mega Evolution to the storyline as they did with OR/AS might help. Brand new games that just happen to be set in that region might have more significant changes than remakes of remakes would, but I don't know if they'd go that route over using the original storyline with some significant changes. Either way, I'd be in favor of more significant changes to the storyline instead of seeing it with just a new coat of paint on it.

If it's about a brand new adventure set in Kanto, then that would be a different story. If it's like, say, 20 years after Team Rocket disbanded, then I'd definitely want to see how much has changed. (20 years since Gen1, so why not) A simple upgrade from FRLG isn't really going to appeal to players - there's a limit to how much you can use the nostalgia card and it's proven by how there has been disappointments about ORAS having more or less the same overall storyline as RSE.

There was already a report where the percentage of older consumers were increasing by every game. But the overall pokemon game sells haven't increased. Which means, the young and new generations aren't increasing, but older fans are taking up a larger portion of the total consumers of the games bit by bit. A carbon copy of the bland storyline and little-to-no optional quests of RGBY with updated graphics and 2% new stuff isn't going to be enough to draw in the new kids who are used to flashy, crazy, "omg"-inducing playthings these days. Likewise, you have to give a good reason for the old fans to spend money to buy those games. A carbon copy storyline is going to feel like an insult to someone who's stayed in the fandom for so long and bought nearly all their games. It will look more like they were being too lazy to write a new scenario and instead just used the same dialogues and maps that have been used not only once, but twice before. I will not be spending money just to play as Red to defeat Team Rocket in the same way that's been done in Gen1 and FRLG. If they're going back to Kanto, there had better be a special reason for it.

Tl;dr, there is a limit to how nostalgia can work. And if you want to appeal to the new kids, you have to appeal to them in a way they'd like in their generation.

Don't you think it would make a lot more sense to start with the new region? If Kanto sequels were released in 2017, they would still be promoted in late 2016 as part of the 20th anniversary. For that matter, I think it would be more appropriate for the initial versions to celebrate the series as a whole rather than just Kanto.
Nope. Hypothetically, if gen 6 were to end in February and we really are on the midst of a new generation, games set in the Kanto region makr the most sense. The mega evo special's logo is a pretty damning piece of evidence that I cannot ignore. Second, I feel if we were to get a cross gen plot, with some sort of Episode Zeta post league, Kalos as a post game to Kanto would work the best for me, not some new region. Kanto was the beginning of the series, while Kalos is the beginning to a new chapter in it. Its the symbology I see gamefreak going for mostly. The SS region could then be explored on ita own, without exploring mega-evolution further, as I do believe whatever game ties up Kalos will finish the mega evo saga.

Nope. Hypothetically, if gen 6 were to end in February and we really are on the midst of a new generation, games set in the Kanto region makr the most sense.
How would allocating the new Pokémon to Kanto make sense? It would render the new region unnecessary as it wouldn't have much to set itself apart. And why shouldn't a Kanto game focus on Generation I Pokémon?

The mega evo special's logo is a pretty damning piece of evidence that I cannot ignore.
That's unfortunate considering that that Act IV will air months before February, and they still have Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur to showcase from XY.

Second, I feel if we were to get a cross gen plot, with some sort of Episode Zeta post league, Kalos as a post game to Kanto would work the best for me, not some new region.
I don't see a post-game region happening anyway. It would be too big a leap from the current state of things.

Kanto was the beginning of the series, while Kalos is the beginning to a new chapter in it.
So where does the new generation even come into the picture? Honestly, what you're describing sounds like an end to the current generation rather than a way to start a new one.

Character A
Character B
Character C
Character D
Character E
Character D

Most people speculate that the two Character Ds are actually Zygarde, but what I actually speculate... is the Hoopa Unbound formes in which have just recently been revealed officially. How come? Well, I speculate that there's a normal variant of Hoopa as well as a shiny variant of Hoopa. As for Characters A-C, I'd say they would be new mega evolutions of Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja in which are set to be revealed in the CoroCoro leak in June. As for Character E, it's a totally new Pokémon, in which is within the Generation VII games.

Where was this mentioned?

After seeing a fairly large majority opinion regarding this topic that ignores certain pieces of evidence (possibly due to unawareness), I feel required to give my input now.

What was the point of including the Strange Souvenir (and all the very strong hints to a new region with its own Pokemon and Pokemon League) in XY if a new generation was still going to be released the standard amount of time later? Do you mean to tell me that Game Freak decided to bring up and make us look forward to Generation VII 3-4 years early? The idea is preposterous.

I understand people are only skeptical about this because of Zygarde's hidden moves (and Zygarde's existence in general), but the only way for there to be games dedicated to Zygarde is for Game Freak to have intended to pointlessly foreshadow a standard, expected future. There's no reason to foreshadow anything if it's not unique or unexpected. Unless you disagree with this notion, there's no way Game Freak decided to provide a depiction of a new Pokemon and put us on the edge of our seats for a new region (just take a look at the Backpacker's quotes) as early as XY if a new generation was not going to arrive sooner than usual and deviate from previous generations in some way. For this reason, if anything is going to be released on the 20th anniversary, it's going to be Generation VII. In fact, because of all this, I feel like the only reasonable option is to release Generation VII around the beginning of 2016 and release Zygarde's forms (and probably Eternal Flower Floette) in a DLC story, something like "ZX/ZY Episode." Just to let you know, I'm not biased against Zygarde games; I'd just like an explanation for why the Strange Souvenir exists in XY if we still had to wait at least three years for the fruits of the foreshadowing, probably four years unless Game Freak is willing to release five annual games since B2W2.

Okay, first of all, I would like to explain some things we already know about.

This is the best theory I've ever heard. Also it matches Sugimori's talk when he said he wants to revert to simplicity for gen 7.

This. Thisthisthis.

With how short-lived Gen 6 was, I think that Gen 7 will come soon and it'll throwback to Kalos a lot. (Maybe even let us go back there?? Somehow I feel like Gen 7 will be the GSC to Gen 6) If not, that's fine too. Kalos doesn't really need anything else. The story in X and Y was vast enough. Either way, I genuinely think Gen 7 is coming soon. I get the feeling that Game Freak is eager to ditch gen 6.

First of, Zygarde new forms/mega/primal as DLC is just stupid as not all people would have access to the internet and WiFi. Second, Kanto isn't coming back cause it has already been remade and has appeared in HGSS so bringing it back is pointless. And third, Zygarde is most likely going to be the mascot for the next game(s) as it has two move that are not available in the current games and it's stats are lower than the other two which suggest it would get a boost. Plus the pokedex has said that it has a secret power. In conclusion, we are getting the next installment(s) of the Kalos region games. It is either that or Gen 7 but remakes for kanto are out of the question and so is Sinnoh.

Kanto isn't coming back

You should just put this in your signature and be done with it. It'll save you the energy of typing it out in every single post.

First of, Zygarde new forms/mega/primal as DLC is just stupid as not all people would have access to the internet and WiFi.

Going by this logic, releasing a game is stupid too because not everyone would have access to buy it. Having difficulty in buying a game is actually more likely around the world than not having access to internet and wifi in this day and age.

First of, Zygarde new forms/mega/primal as DLC is just stupid as not all people would have access to the internet and WiFi.

Going by this logic, releasing a game is stupid too because not everyone would have access to buy it. Having difficulty in buying a game is actually more likely around the world than not having access to internet and wifi in this day and age.

Incorrect, games are easier to get than WiFi or internet because it is not that hard to get the games, just save some money. And I stand by what I said: no Kanto remakes as we already have remakes for them and we got ORAS for this gen.

I would like Kanto remakes... kind of... but I just feel like they have seriously been done to death. We got to go to Kanto in G/S, FR/LG, HG/SS and of course the originals but that goes without saying. I don't even think Kanto is THAT great of a generation but would still be all for a remake of some sort, but only if they could do something to change it up or add to the storyline a bit more.

I don't know if I could see Kanto remakes happening for the 20th anniversary but I sure do hope something big is done.

Incorrect, games are easier to get than WiFi or internet because it is not that hard to get the games, just save some money. And I stand by what I said: no Kanto remakes as we already have remakes for them and we got ORAS for this gen.

It's not the money issue, I'm just pointing out that internet is actually more accessible around the world than retail games, so the argument that not everyone would have access to DLC is not very convincing.

I don't get why are you replying about Kanto remakes for millionth time if I haven't mentioned anything about them this time. I agree with no Kanto remakes though.

How would allocating the new Pokémon to Kanto make sense? It would render the new region unnecessary as it wouldn't have much to set itself apart. And why shouldn't a Kanto game focus on Generation I Pokémon?

The mega evo special's logo is a pretty damning piece of evidence that I cannot ignore.
That's unfortunate considering that that Act IV will air months before February, and they still have Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Charizard Y and Mega Venusaur to showcase from XY.

Second, I feel if we were to get a cross gen plot, with some sort of Episode Zeta post league, Kalos as a post game to Kanto would work the best for me, not some new region.
I don't see a post-game region happening anyway. It would be too big a leap from the current state of things.

Kanto was the beginning of the series, while Kalos is the beginning to a new chapter in it.
So where does the new generation even come into the picture? Honestly, what you're describing sounds like an end to the current generation rather than a way to start a new one.
Well, I am going off the basus that gen 7 happens next year. Ideally this idea would happen in gen 6, or my xy remastered theory. You asked me why I think gen 6 is on a 4 ear track the other day. Simply put, we're somewhere inbetween gens 3 and 4. Like gen 3, we have a main release, then the remakes plus a final version, but like gen 4, but in reverse. Two releases back to back, with a year break and then a release. We have nothing from the 3rd Mascot which since gen 3 always had a game, and I don't see them changing that. If the decide to do that, but not in gen 6, then I would prefer something unique, like revisiting an old region. Hell, I wouls even take the idea I have and nor make it gen 6 or 7, but a unique entry on its own that's still canon.

Kanto isn't coming back

You should just put this in your signature and be done with it. It'll save you the energy of typing it out in every single post.

Dude is absolutely ruining this thread. And mods have the gall to warn me for calling him out on this bullshit. Expect a warning your way soon.

Probably another one my way too. With a million word copy & paste private message.

This thread is making me wish that Game Freak should have refrained from implementing the Strange Souvenir and that Backpacker in X/Y. If we have to wait another year or two before we see Gen 7, they could have at least waited until the last Gen 6 installment to torture us like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom