• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

Cloyster
SS
Icicle Spear
Hydro Pump
Ice Shard?
I'd go with Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast and a toss-up between Hydro Pump and Ice Shard depending on what you need. Ice Shard lets you have something against priority users and Hydro Pump can be a good surprise against Steel types. I've used Ice Shard on my Cloyster so my suggestion leans towards that.

Is HP Ice obligatory on Thundurus-T? I want to Scarf it and Prankster is pointless with a Scarf, so I'm using the Therian form.

Is HP Ice obligatory on Thundurus-T? I want to Scarf it and Prankster is pointless with a Scarf, so I'm using the Therian form.

Well, it does give you that BoltBeam coverage, which is probably why it is so common, but it isn't 100% necessary.

Feel free to correct me on this, I haven't actually used a Thundurs ever.

Thundurus-T could probably get away with Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Grass Knot/Focus Blast on a Choice set, if you being able to get HP Ice on it is out of the question.

And it could even use Knock Off or Superpower or whatever, if you'd rather have it use one of those instead.

Cloyster
SS
Icicle Spear
Hydro Pump
Ice Shard?
I'd go with Shell Smash/Icicle Spear/Rock Blast and a toss-up between Hydro Pump and Ice Shard depending on what you need. Ice Shard lets you have something against priority users and Hydro Pump can be a good surprise against Steel types. I've used Ice Shard on my Cloyster so my suggestion leans towards that.

Is Rock Blast obligatory? Mamoswine doesn't use Stone Edge as Ice isn't very good with Rock...
Oh, MTyranitar DD/Crunch/SE/? Smogon said Ice Punch is good for Ground-types, but again, isn't Rock/Ice redundant? There's a reason to why Aurorus is NU...

Cloyster
SS
Icicle Spear
Hydro Pump
Ice Shard?

Is Rock Blast obligatory? Mamoswine doesn't use Stone Edge as Ice isn't very good with Rock...
Oh, MTyranitar DD/Crunch/SE/? Smogon said Ice Punch is good for Ground-types, but again, isn't Rock/Ice redundant? There's a reason to why Aurorus is NU...

Rock Blast is not mandatory, but if it is forgone it should be for Explosion, not HPump. Without one of the two, you can't break bulky waters even after boosting. Aurorus is NU because it's garbage, not because Rock/Ice is bad coverage (it is bad defensively, though, which is a contributor to the aforementioned garbage factor)

Are there any common occasions where just 4 EVs in a stats really matter? I mean in an usual 252/252/4 spread.

Are there any common occasions where just 4 EVs in a stats really matter? I mean in an usual 252/252/4 spread.

If a pokemon has equal base def and SpDef, the 4 can be put in SpDef to screw over download users who are hoping for a spa boost

Why is Aurorus so bad? Is it at least good in NU?
Also, MT-Tar DD/Crunch/SE and? Fire or Ice Punch?

It should run Ice Punch and Earthquake. Crunch isn't really needed since Stone Edge hits all the targets you really need Crunch to hit, while Earthquake and Ice Punch have almost perfect coverage together and hit almost 3/4 of all mons for SE damage with Stone Edge.

What's the best move set for Eelektross, and what is the best nature for it? I'm stomped because I want a competitive Eelektross and I don't want to waste a thunderstone to get an Eelektross.

Does No Guard bypass Evasion boosts? Meaning does it still hit 100% if the Opponent got raised Evasion. And what if the No Guard user has raised Evasion,

Does No Guard bypass Evasion boosts? Meaning does it still hit 100% if the Opponent got raised Evasion. And what if the No Guard user has raised Evasion,

I think that attacks that either hit the No Guard 'mon or atttacks said No Guard 'mon uses ignore evasion boosts, but to be sure I'll check Blubapedia's article on it.

*Looks at the article*

Well, it says that 'All moves used by or against a Pokémon with this Ability cannot miss', so I guess my assumption was correct.

Yes. No Guard adds an 'aerial ace' effect to every single move, both by the user and the opponent, and it bypasses Fly, Dig, Bounce, etc as well

Why is Aurorus so bad? Is it at least good in NU?

Aurorus has a terrible defensive typing that makes it weak to common attacking types, including two nasty 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Steel. That said, it has some niche popularity in NU and even RU as a wallbreaker as Refrigerate Hyper Voice hits extremely hard, especially with Choice Specs. However, you must be able to accommodate its weaknesses on your team, which is easier said than done.

If I run a Scrafty with a Impish nature with max Sp.Def and Assault vest, IS there anything that one shots it besides fairy type moves?

If I run a Scrafty with a Impish nature with max Sp.Def and Assault vest, IS there anything that one shots it besides fairy type moves?
A STAB Fighting or Flying attack from a powerful attacker can still do the job, such as Close Combat from M-Gallade or a Brave Bird from Talonflame (either with a Choice Band or +2 from Swords Dance).

What is a good EV spread for mega Blaziken, Luxray, and Reuniclus? So far I have;

Luxray-Jolly with Choice scarf
Volt switch, thunder fang, Fire fang, and ice fang.

Reuniclus-Modest with life orb
Calm mind, recover, trick room, and psychic.

Mega Blaziken-Jolly
Protect, Baton pass, Sword dance.

What moves that are good for mega Blaziken?

What is a good EV spread for mega Blaziken, Luxray, and Reuniclus? So far I have;
Luxray-Jolly with Choice scarf
Volt switch, thunder fang, Fire fang, and ice fang.
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP. For Pokemon with Choice Scarf I usually go with a basic 252 Speed, 252 on Attack/Special Attack (depending on the set) and the remaining on HP. Though the Volt Switch feels a bit clunky here because of the Jolly nature and because the other moves are physical.
Reuniclus-Modest with life orb
Calm mind, recover, trick room, and psychic.
I've used 252 HP/252 Defense/6 Sp. Defense on mine, though you can adjust the defensive EVs around to survive certain attacks.
Mega Blaziken-Jolly
Protect, Baton pass, Sword dance.

What moves that are good for mega Blaziken?
Maximize Attack and Speed, and throw in the remaining on HP or Defense.

As for attacks, you can go with Flare Blitz, Stone Edge, Knock Off, or a Fighting STAB move. I do suggest replacing Protect with an offensive move so you can have two to use (same with Reuniclus and Trick Room), otherwise they might have trouble being walled by the opponent.

Is Salamence still viable in OU! DD is outclassed by CharizardX, but what about mixed or Scarf? I'm thinking about pairing a mixed Kyurem-B with it to use a duo similar the Rayquaza+Salamence in DPPt.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom