• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP26: Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures!

I did enjoy the little 'colored pencil fantasy' that Team Rocket had, along with the high-pitched voices. I cracked up when he said his name was Porter and Ash called him Parker. All in all, one of Team Rocket's more elaborate traps. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how they even got a cruise ship. Though it wasn't very good quality...(Lol)

Agreed 100%.
When I heard Porter introduce himself and then Ash called him Parker, I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't misheard anything. I personally like "Parker" better. Is Porter even a name (though there is a character in Animal Crossing called Porter who is a train station attendant)?

I'm a little surprised that they didn't change the theme music. I guess it's fitting for this arc as well as the Team Plasma arc, but for some reason I was expecting the music to change. Then again, I'm not sure how long this arc is going to be, so maybe it wouldn't be worth it to make a new theme song for it.
I liked this episode, but I wouldn't say I loved it. Team Rocket had a pretty good plan for catching Pikachu (for once) that would've worked if not for Oshawott inadvertantly escaping its Poke Ball. I really love the new Team Rocket intro with the roses, too. :D
It was kind of funny when Cilan pointed out the logic of battling on a boat. I've never really thought about it, but it does make sense that it might not be the best interest of the boat's stability, yet I don't remember it ever causing any problems in other episodes of the anime. Now I have to wonder how Trainers have Pokemon battles while using Surf.

The only thing I didn't like was when Oshawott was cornered by Team Rocket. Why didn't it just use Hydro Pump on them or something? It has some pretty powerful attacks.

Also, I think it would've been funny if Ash and friends had missed the boat, and had to spend the next episode tracking it down to get on or something.

Last edited:
I did enjoy the little 'colored pencil fantasy' that Team Rocket had, along with the high-pitched voices. I cracked up when he said his name was Porter and Ash called him Parker. All in all, one of Team Rocket's more elaborate traps. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how they even got a cruise ship. Though it wasn't very good quality...(Lol)

Agreed 100%.
When I heard Porter introduce himself and then Ash called him Parker, I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't misheard anything.

Porter/Parker: "My name's Porter."

Ash: "Thank you, Parker!" (In Ash's mind: "Who cares?")

ROFL.

This was the episode where TR starting getting bad again and they just kept getting worse as time went on from here.

This was the episode where TR starting getting bad again and they just kept getting worse as time went on from here.

If I'm not mistaken, the Team also randomly got new Pokémon in this episode too.

I personally didn't mind the re-rebranding of Team Rocket though. Their evil, secret agent style was cool, especially when it was building up to their big Unova plots like Operation Tempest, but ultimately it was okay to see them return to their somewhat generic selves for the somewhat generic DA filler arc.

The abruptness of their shift got to me a little though, but I suppose that it's all ancient history by now anyways.

You are indeed mistaken, they got Frillish and Amoongus quite a few episodes before this one.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom