• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review XY071: The Worst Luck? Eureka VS Nyarth!!

Just watched the episode.

The Opening Theme update is positively surprising. The scene with Noibat crying because it can't fly and Eevee imagining to be on the stage is simply making future episodes look promising. I am VERY happy that Serena is getting Pokemon's that share dreams with her.

First of all, the positive thing is Meowth for once actually took out his heart to care for someone (Eureka when she got hit by Spore), I thought he lost it long long ago, albeit its a short period of time before him going back to evil, its enough for me, as that is the Team Rocket I loved.

Second, Meowth triggered the Team Rocket motto for once, and tried to stop them from continuing on, and then just decided to blend it in the end. This is ACTUALLY FUNNY! Something I haven't feel from Team Rocket for like.... errrrm I dunno, I lost track.

Pangoro sharing the apples with them was a nice touch. But now I know Serena hates Team Rocket the most out of the gang, she just bluntly pointed out Team Rocket stole the apples to them, Meowth tried to shut her up but ultimately failed.

Eureka, you just don't disappoint me. Well done and well played. 8/10

The new updated opening excites me. Noibat reminds me of Gligar with the way it is a crybaby and unable to fly. The capture is most likely going to take place after the movie. It also makes me wonder how long Noibat's development will take. I don't mind Goodra but it seems that Ash prefers speed-oriented Pokemon more than the slow but strong battlers.

Also, the Eevee will make a good addition to Serena's team. With the way she's staring at it in the opening makes me believe that she's definitely going to capture it, but after the movie airs.

The Ash and Alain thing surprised me the most. I don't think Alain is going to be a league rival since Alain is more focused on battling Mega evolutions, but there might be a plot point before or after the seventh gym that revolves around Alain and possibly Team Flare if they are going to appear in the anime. I can see Manon getting along with Ash and co.

Seeing this episode continues the trend of that one episode where everyone and the Pokemon are separated and have to find each other. I like the twist where it's mainly focused on Bonnie and Meowth.

I liked how Bonnie isn't fooled by Meowth's tricks one bit and even forms a reluctant truce because of their situation.

I also love the scene where Clemont takes out an invention and Pikachu was all excited while Braxien was like "Oh boy...". It's cute how the Pokemon are a reflection of their trainers. I also like how the reunion between everyone isn't dragged out. Fletchinder flies to the sky and coincidentally finds Ash on a cliff and then they find Serena and then Clemont in the span of 2-3 minutes.

I'd probably give this an 8/10.

This was much better than I expected it to be.

Wow so the episode starts with Chespin already doing something dickish. Sigh. Whatever. Moving on to the actual plot, I loved the separated groups we got this time around. It was interesting to see Braxien with Clemont and Frogadier with Serena. I wish Ash would have had someone else other than just Pancham. Maybe Bunnelby could have been with him, idk. I also like how Fletchinder, Hawlucha, and Luxray were together...too bad we didn't get to see them do anything.

I was surprised to see Bonnie try to destroy the vine with a rock after Meowth failed to cut it. I wish I knew what they were talking about. It looked pretty funny and Bonnie's expressions were adorable. Pikachu and Braxien's reactions to Clemont's invention were hilarious. It's like Ash and Serena were actually there. And damn, I may not like Braxien as a species all that much, but seeing her use her wand to protect everyone was pretty awesome. Froagadier's stealthy stunts were pretty cool too. And of course Chespin's a wannabe who just runs and hides when things go wrong. Thank goodness Frogadier was there to protect Serena.

WTF! All right if I didn't like Meowth before, I really hate him now. Who the hell does he think he is eating that entire 3-piece berry by himself after Bonnie helped him to get it?! Glad Dedenne attacked him later (though I don't know why he didn't do it sooner), but too bad Bonnie got shocked too. I can't believe she ended up sharing the other berry with him. I sure as hell wouldn't. And like I said earlier, I wish we could have seen more of Fletchinder, Luxray, and Hawlucha as a group. Though Luxray climbing up on Ash was cute.

Oh c'mon. How the hell did that entire Sleep Powder just totally stay around Bonnie and not spread to Meowth at all. Well, at least he tried to carry her and found a way to wake her up. Doesn't make up for that berry stunt though. I like how Pancham went to go talk to the Pangoro trio and how Bonnie forced Meowth to as well. Loved seeing them blast TR off at the end. And damn, I never noticed how huge those Pangoro were.

Overall, a really nice episode. I'll give it a 7.8/10.

I knew that Serena's Pancham would try to reason with the Pangoros. Loved it! :D

I liked all the reactions the Pokemon that were with Clemont had to his new invention: Pikachu was as awed as Ash would have been, Bunnelby seemed indifferent, and Braixen was completely unimpressed, probably thinking the device was going to screw up. Lol.

The new updated opening excites me. Noibat reminds me of Gligar with the way it is a crybaby and unable to fly. The capture is most likely going to take place after the movie. It also makes me wonder how long Noibat's development will take. I don't mind Goodra but it seems that Ash prefers speed-oriented Pokemon more than the slow but strong battlers.

Also, the Eevee will make a good addition to Serena's team. With the way she's staring at it in the opening makes me believe that she's definitely going to capture it, but after the movie airs.

Eevee I agree will be after the movie, but Noibat...

M18_Pikachu_the_Movie_poster.png

I don't think that's just a wild Noibat.

I loved this episode! Nyasu and Eureka make a great pair and there were hilarious moments galore, especially with the fact that all the groups were totally muddled up!

I'm glad they brought back that throwaway interaction Nyasu and Eureka had ages ago, where she asked him why he's able to speak. Especially because she still didn't want to hear the story :p His attempts to carry her were priceless and actually made me laugh out loud. I loved that Serena just shopped the TRio in to the Pangoro, HA HA!

I've gotta ask though - what is this anime's problem with fruit? The Rocket-Dan had clearly stolen a bag of apples; and the fruit Nyasu, Eureka and Dedenne ate were clearly bananas... and yet all these things were called generically as fruit throughout the episode! Just, why?!
And how come they all ate the bananas with the skin on?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

Probably cuz those were Nanab Berries, and just LOOK like bananas, but don't have the same skin. I dunno, that's the only explanation I have. XD

Those weren't bananas. They were Nanab Berries, which are perfectly capable of being eaten as is.

This episode was unimpressive. Another "everyone gets scattered" plot with no substantial character development or such. In fact, XY seems to be fond of these. This is like the 5th or 6th one, in a span of 70 episodes?

I don't understand why the Pangoro felt the need to rampage so blindly, all over some apples. Apples. If they would have taken the time to analyze the initial situation, they would have deduced that Ash & Co didn't steal anything, that TR was the real culprit, proceed with a blast off and bam, everyone is happy. This also would have been a neat time to showcase Luxray's X-Ray vision skills...but no.

The vine entangling Bonnie and Meowth was unbelievable, especially when a blunt river rock is what ended up severing it.

The only thing I liked about the episode was Braixen's reaction to Clemont, Luxray's reaction upon finding Ash and Bonnie shocking both herself and Meowth due to her oversight. Other than that, not to much to say.

Those weren't bananas. They were Nanab Berries, which are perfectly capable of being eaten as is.

This episode was unimpressive. Another "everyone gets scattered" plot with no substantial character development or such. In fact, XY seems to be fond of these. This is like the 5th or 6th one, in a span of 70 episodes?

I don't understand why the Pangoro felt the need to rampage so blindly, all over some apples. Apples. If they would have taken the time to analyze the initial situation, they would have deduced that Ash & Co didn't steal anything, that TR was the real culprit, proceed with a blast off and bam, everyone is happy. This also would have been a neat time to showcase Luxray's X-Ray vision skills...but no.

The vine entangling Bonnie and Meowth was unbelievable, especially when a blunt river rock is what ended up severing it.

The only thing I liked about the episode was Braixen's reaction to Clemont, Luxray's reaction upon finding Ash and Bonnie shocking both herself and Meowth due to her oversight. Other than that, not to much to say.

Why make a brand new berry that resembles a banana?... I just don't understand :p

Meh...a pretty generic filler episode. The only thing that interested me in the episode was the interaction between Meowth and Bonnie.

Oh my God I can't believe I forgot to say this first time round!! Best thing about this episode was the first spontaneous, uncontrollable motto recital :-D I don't think we've seen this since DP wahooooooo!

Oh my God I can't believe I forgot to say this first time round!! Best thing about this episode was the first spontaneous, uncontrollable motto recital :-D I don't think we've seen this since DP wahooooooo!

I noticed that too! I love how Team Rocket can't hold themselves back from saying their motto! It's one of those small things that makes the episode all the more great!

Kind of reminds me of Indigo League when whenever Jessie & James 'trouble' they always started the motto!

11/10 - overlordreubs

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom