• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but I realized something while thinking about the next Generation earlier. Every time they market the last Pokèmon of the current Generation they reveal a Pokémon or two from the next Generation.

Gen 2 - At the same time Celebi was marketed - Kecleon, Azurill, and Wailmer
Gen 3 - At the same time Deoxys was marketed - Munchlax
Gen 4 - After Arceus was marketed - Zorua and Zoroark
Gen 5 - At the same time Genesect was marketed - Mega Mewtwo Y and Sylveon

So that means we'll start seeing Generation 7 Pokémon in 2016 or 2017.

And don't forget that in Gen. 1, while Mew was being marketed through the first movie, we had Donphan in the first movie, and Togepi long before Mew was even shown. LOL

Actually Togepi debuted in June 1998 in the anine, while Mew debuted in July 1998, so Gen 1 also fits on what I said. I just didn't bother checking on those two, aha.

So, from what I've heard Famitsu should be just about to leak, and they said they had very important information regarding Pokémon. Engage hype thrusters?

If Game Freak are planning to release a Kalos continuation next (a Zygrade extended story or something) but also want to celebrate the 20 anniversaty with a Kanto remake/ new game... why not making a Game set in Kalos AND Kanto? Like in Gold/ Silver, where you visit Kanto after the Elite Four?
So, from what I've heard Famitsu should be just about to leak, and they said they had very important information regarding Pokémon. Engage hype thrusters?

I hope they don´t release a new game this year, cause I still haven´t played OR/AS... A new game already?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, if what has been said about Famitsu is true that makes me really anxious. A small part of me is actually conflicted because I'm worried that what may come out wouldn't turn out that appealing, but that may just be my paranoia. I wouldn't complain about a usual third game involving Zygarde, but I just hope that it's really good. XY and ORAS were amazing, so hopefully if this is really a third game it blows me away.

EDIT:

famitsu_zpshaftjxlp.jpg

21st May!

Last edited:
Again guys, take those kinds of statements with a tablespoon of salt. "Incredible Pokemon information" =/= new game announcement.

I'm on the side of people who don't want a game to be announced and released this year. I'm feeling pokemon fatigue at the moment (mainly because of the yearly release the franchise currently has), so i hope they don't release one this year but instead next year.

I know this a kind of selfish request, but i'm sure i'm not the only feeling this way.

I'm on the side of people who don't want a game to be announced and released this year. I'm feeling pokemon fatigue at the moment (mainly because of the yearly release the franchise currently has), so i hope they don't release one this year but instead next year.

I know this a kind of selfish request, but i'm sure i'm not the only feeling this way.
Ive said this before but Id agree, Id personally want them to wait until next year. I just want them to take more time to make something really good. I can wait for a game, though I know other people may disagree and want a game this year.

I'm really on the fence about wanting a new game this year. A part of me would gladly accept a new game if they managed to make it so that it surpasses XY/ORAS. Another part of me doesn't want a new game due to the fact that I'd be worried that it doesn't offer anything new, special and exciting in comparison to the previous four installments. But another reason for me not wanting a new game is that I honestly wouldn't mind just having a break from the yearly releases we've been having.

We still need Mew, Manaphy, Meloetta and Genesect distros for truly everything to be available in XY/ORAS. My money's on one of them.

I'd like to say that we also still need Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, and Keldeo since these guys have only been distributed in Japan so far (minus Darkrai who is being distributed in the U.K. currently). I know the Jirachi that Japan got was Shiny so I'm still waiting for a regular colored Jirachi to be distributed (though it would be really nice if we got a Shiny one too).

Either way works for me; if they do release a game this year, awesome. If not, it's no big deal. I'm patient enough to wait for another year, and like what several others have brought out, the expanded time will hopefully mean they're putting more effort into the next game. But if they wait till next year and it turns out they DIDN'T put as much effort as they should have, then that's where I'd be a little pissed.

The best way I'm dealing with my "Pokémon fatigue" is replaying through older games at the moment, and using different 'mons on my teams than what I had before.

My paradox is that I honestly feel a break would be best, but a part of me also wants another game announcement because the last titles left me hanging, unfulfilled, and wanting more...

Sadly, I've actually seen this sentiment from other people too. lol. That ORAS died out too quickly, and they want something more now. Though if they keep pumping out games annually they're all going to die out quickly...

Wow... As I said, I still haven´t played OR/AS and a new game announcement already would be annoying. What truly would annoy me about a new game being announced so quickly is I like having a MAIN game with all my favourite Pokemon (My competitive team) in it, and with new games coming out all the time, I think I will get dizzy transfering my Pokes all the time, from one game to a newer game!!!!

I know Im a bit late with OR/AS but come on Game Freak, give me a break! :))

PD A bit off- topic but, Im surprised how some people are trash talking about OR/AS now, cause when it came out, everybody was very excited. And all the reviews critics made were super positive. Now I read comments saying OR/AS is, I quote: " Very half assed." I don´t know what to think now and who to believe. I played the demo, and i liked it. I think the only think i will dislike is the absence of my beloved Emerald Battle Frontier. But otherwise the game looks TOP CLASS in my opinion.

Last edited:
Inb4 another anime-inspired game like Yellow version: Episode Alain

You know what, that's actually something interesting. A slightly more mature game centered around a different type of Pokémon quest.

You know what, that's actually something interesting. A slightly more mature game centered around a different type of Pokémon quest.

Wasn´t Pokemon Yellow just like Red or Blue,but with Pikachu as your Starter?

Technically, yes. But there were still anime-inspired plot points such as getting Squirtle from an Officer Jenny and Jessie/James challenging you with Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth.

A game with Alain as the protagonist might be fun. Come on, a dark hero for a pokemon game - how awesome would that be?

Wasn´t Pokemon Yellow just like Red or Blue,but with Pikachu as your Starter?

Technically, yes. But there were still anime-inspired plot points such as getting Squirtle from an Officer Jenny and Jessie/James challenging you with Ekans, Koffing, and Meowth.

A game with Alain as the protagonist might be fun. Come on, a dark hero for a pokemon game - how awesome would that be?

It could be awesome, yeah. But they would need to think of adding this plot, without taking out the typical 8 gyms, Pokemon League, formula.

It could be a journey to become the ultimate Mega Evolution Master, and meanwhile, also collecting the badges... It could absolutely work.

Come on, a dark hero for a pokemon game - how awesome would that be?

Colosseum did this with Wes, since he once belonged to Team Snagem and stole 'mons from Trainers. But yes, it would be nice to see something like this done in the core series. I think there's a lot of stuff besides the full 3D graphics from Colosseum and XD that would be really interesting in the core series, such as a different plot from the Gyms/League but yet the same gameplay and mechanics that are pretty standard.

I would LOVE a new game this year. We are absolutely getting what most would consider a half-assed third version anyway, so why not sooner rather than later. That way we can be on to the next big steps in the series with Gen 7 that much sooner.

I also love the idea of tying Kanto into the third version somehow. It would be something that hasn't been done before and timely with the 20th anniversary right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom