• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling that they are going to show a teaser trailer for the next Pokemon game at E3 or reveal it none the less, or put it under listing here

"Nintendo announces that tomorrow it will announce what it will present at E3"

Calling that they are going to show a teaser trailer for the next Pokemon game at E3 or reveal it none the less, or put it under listing here

Nintendo's E3 announcement tomorrow isn't likely to announce any new games, it's most likely just to announce the venue and time.

Wow... As I said, I still haven´t played OR/AS and a new game announcement already would be annoying. What truly would annoy me about a new game being announced so quickly is I like having a MAIN game with all my favourite Pokemon (My competitive team) in it, and with new games coming out all the time, I think I will get dizzy transfering my Pokes all the time, from one game to a newer game!!!!

I know Im a bit late with OR/AS but come on Game Freak, give me a break! :))

PD A bit off- topic but, Im surprised how some people are trash talking about OR/AS now, cause when it came out, everybody was very excited. And all the reviews critics made were super positive. Now I read comments saying OR/AS is, I quote: " Very half assed." I don´t know what to think now and who to believe. I played the demo, and i liked it. I think the only think i will dislike is the absence of my beloved Emerald Battle Frontier. But otherwise the game looks TOP CLASS in my opinion.

It's a beautifully made game and the new stuff (especially the Delta Episode) is extremely well-thought out and planned. I think people are saying it's half-assed solely because a) it came out a year after X&Y b) it doesn't have 100% compatibility with X&Y c) it doesn't have the Battle Frontier and d) 7.8 too much water lolz I'd definitely tell you to go out and buy it if you're hesitating.

But yeah, it really does leave you wanting more, which is why I'd like for GF to get the new game out of the way this year or early next year (the 20th anniversary), then take a year long break and begin development on Gen. 7 in 2017.

... Now I'm curious. Why is the 20th anniversary suddenly so important here? Wouldn't it at least make sense to have something major like a new Generation or something Kanto related on the 25th anniversary? ( Even though I brought up something for it, I didn't realize it much at the time(s). xD; ) 20th anniversaries don't really get much from what I know of.

I really hope they'll expand on the Kalos region, as well as its characters. I wasn't the only one who thought they seemed underdeveloped... right..?

ORAS is half assed because it cuts corners everywhere. It's not just the Battle Frontier, there's pretty much nothing from Emerald, not a lot of new areas (many of which aren't very explorable), less Pokemon than BW2, and the game refuses to modernize in certain areas like region design and the regional dex. It doesn't feel very complete, there's a lot more that could've been done with it.

I really hope they'll expand on the Kalos region, as well as its characters. I wasn't the only one who thought they seemed underdeveloped... right..?

Unova was too in BW1, then BW2 came along and fleshed the region out and then some. The next Kalos game could do the same.

From what people say here, this generation is uncompatible with patches/DLC. Otherwise, that would have been my guess. DLC including the BATTLE FRONTIER. Come on guys, you know it´s not that hard!

PD Can someone tell me one reason the Battle Frontier was substituted, first, by the Battle Subway, and now, by the Battle Maison? Aren´t innovations meant to improve something? Can someone tell me one reason Game Freak did that? The Battle Frontier was fine like it was in Gen 3. In Gen 4 they changed it slightly, but maintained it in general. Then in Gen5 they introduced the "amazing" Battle Subway. BOOORING. Then they made the PWT in W2/B2. So I thought we finally had a decent substitute for the Frontier. But then in Gen 6... surprise, surprise! The Battle Maison! BOOOORING!!!!

I guess they will bring back the BF or the PWT or make something new in the next game they release. But that doesn´t answer the core question. Why wouldn´t they stick with the BF or the PWT until they make something even better, or just leave them like they are? Does somebody really think the Battle Maison is better? It makes no sense.

Wow... As I said, I still haven´t played OR/AS and a new game announcement already would be annoying. What truly would annoy me about a new game being announced so quickly is I like having a MAIN game with all my favourite Pokemon (My competitive team) in it, and with new games coming out all the time, I think I will get dizzy transfering my Pokes all the time, from one game to a newer game!!!!

I know Im a bit late with OR/AS but come on Game Freak, give me a break! :))

PD A bit off- topic but, Im surprised how some people are trash talking about OR/AS now, cause when it came out, everybody was very excited. And all the reviews critics made were super positive. Now I read comments saying OR/AS is, I quote: " Very half assed." I don´t know what to think now and who to believe. I played the demo, and i liked it. I think the only think i will dislike is the absence of my beloved Emerald Battle Frontier. But otherwise the game looks TOP CLASS in my opinion.

It's a beautifully made game and the new stuff (especially the Delta Episode) is extremely well-thought out and planned. I think people are saying it's half-assed solely because a) it came out a year after X&Y b) it doesn't have 100% compatibility with X&Y c) it doesn't have the Battle Frontier and d) 7.8 too much water lolz I'd definitely tell you to go out and buy it if you're hesitating.

But yeah, it really does leave you wanting more, which is why I'd like for GF to get the new game out of the way this year or early next year (the 20th anniversary), then take a year long break and begin development on Gen. 7 in 2017.

I understand your point. But from the 4 reasons people are complaining: a) that´s not a real reason; b) That´s not being half assed. That´s done to make us buy the next game, aka an economic decission. c) COMPLETELY AGREE. Battle Frontier is TOP CLASS. and d) Hoenn is my favourite region. Just the right amount of water LOL

Last edited:
Eh. I actually don't mind the Subway or the Maison. They basically function as the Tower, but are redesigned to fit into the Region's motif, and come with small updates like the Super Line, adding Triple & Rotation Battles, earning BP faster, etc.

They can keep doing these, the problem is that other Facilities are removed outright. Its nice to come up with new ones to make the game unique, but I don't think there would be anything wrong with recycling others. Like, Rental Battles were in Stadium, Colosseum, PBR, both Battle Frontiers, and the PWT already.

I mean, you simply don't include references to the Battle Frontier and Scott if you don't plan on releasing a Battle Frontier at some point for some region. And if you weren't, you better have started making plans once you saw the backlash from people online.

Nintendo's E3 announcement tomorrow isn't likely to announce any new games, it's most likely just to announce the venue and time.

I agree that it could be anything other than something Pokémon-related. But if that's the case though, then Bulbanews/Bulbagarden's Twitter account shouldn't have really said anything about it in the first place... because now, people are going to start getting hyped that it will be something Pokémon-related when it may not be, for the sole fact that a Pokémon-related website bothered to bring it up. But, that's just my personal opinion about it. Also, it's interesting that the tweet says Nintendo will announce "what it will present", when they could have easily just said "Nintendo will announce their scheduled time" if what you say turns out to be the case. They could probably drop a hint as to what kinds of things they'll be bringing up in order to create hype, and then of course go into further details of those things during E3 itself.

As for the ORAS argument, I'm only going to say this... they're remakes, not brand-new games. So with that said, yes, I honestly don't expect remakes to deliver as much as whenever a new Generation of games is introduced. The only time that people will genuinely like the remakes without any complaints is if they are die-hard fans of the originals. I'm speaking from personal experience, because I feel that ORAS did a better job in several areas compared to HG/SS, while most people feel the complete opposite. I feel that way because I'm a much bigger fan of R/S/E than I am of G/S/C. Long story short: whether ORAS was half-assed or not is only a matter of opinion. And that's my story and I'm... stickin' to it.

They really should bring back the PWT. And expand it to Elite 4 members, as well.

And if you weren't, you better have started making plans once you saw the backlash from people online.

I think you're overestimating the impact of online 'backlash'. The internet is an echo chamber of the worst kind: often the opinions of a minority can appear to be widely held and they usually get exaggerated to the point of absurdity. The opinions of those that don't really mind don't get expressed, since those people are too busy playing the game, going outside and generally not ranting on the internet.

Then consider what proportion of Pokemon players are online, complaining on forums. We are not their target audience and don't represent a very large proportion of their purchases. Heck, just by talking about the postgame, we're already in the minority--most people don't finish the game, let alone play the competitive battling facilities. And what about the Japanese players (that the devs can actually understand)? Do they care about battle frontier? And to top it all off, our money is the safest money of all: we're almost guaranteed to keep buying the games.

In the end, the opinion of the online community is often generated from a small group of people that are going to keep buying the game anyway. From a financial perspective (the one that matters), online feedback is generated from a highly skewed, small sample that doesn't even really matter that much.

They really should bring back the PWT. And expand it to Elite 4 members, as well.

YES. So much this. If GF want to tweak our nostalgia nozzles, PWT is the way to go. (Not foisting an endless parade of Kanto and megas and Kanto megas upon us.)

Last edited:
I can't really see them bringing back the Pokémon World Tournament, at least until we go through Sinnoh and Unova again (perhaps Kanto and Johto too, but that really depends on if they remake them again). I'm not against the PWT, but it's just.. All those new NPC models of the characters from Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova when they would perhaps want to remake their games first.

Also I feel like Scott and the Frontier Brains from Hoenn are being saved for the last two games of Generation 6, mostly because of all those references.

I think you're underestimating the impact of online 'backlash'. The internet is an echo chamber of the worst kind: often the opinions of a minority can appear to be widely held and they usually get exaggerated to the point of absurdity. The opinions of those that don't really mind don't get expressed, since those people are too busy playing the game, going outside and generally not ranting on the internet.

Then consider what proportion of Pokemon players are online, complaining on forums. We are not their target audience and don't represent a very large proportion of their purchases. Heck, just by talking about the postgame, we're already in the minority--most people don't finish the game, let alone play the competitive battling facilities. And what about the Japanese players (that the devs can actually understand)? Do they care about battle frontier? And to top it all off, our money is the safest money of all: we're almost guaranteed to keep buying the games.

In the end, the opinion of the online community is often generated from a small group of people that are going to keep buying the game anyway. From a financial perspective (the one that matters), online feedback is generated from a highly skewed, small sample that doesn't even really matter that much.

YES. So much this. If GF want to tweak our nostalgia nozzles, PWT is the way to go. (Not foisting an endless parage of Kanto and megas and Kanto megas upon us.)

Just for clarification, in your first line, I think you meant to say overestimating.

And I agree. I mean, when's the last time we've ever gotten anything from GF we asked for and complained about? They've always seemed to do whatever they want. I don't recall ever getting any actual feedback from GF towards the community.

I can't really see them bringing back the Pokémon World Tournament, at least until we go through Sinnoh and Unova again (perhaps Kanto and Johto too, but that really depends on if they remake them again). I'm not against the PWT, but it's just.. All those new NPC models of the characters from Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova when they would perhaps want to remake their games first.

Also I feel like Scott and the Frontier Brains from Hoenn are being saved for the last two games of Generation 6, mostly because of all those references.

Sincerely, I prefer the Battle Frontier, because the Brains are vamong my favourite IN-game rivals. And I would not mind the Pokemon World Tournament, its also very good. But the Battle Maison? WHY? It´s such a step back... It´l like returning go the Battle tower from Crystal, it makes NOOOOO sense removing a winner formula.

[video=youtube;Y3CuXwih0kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CuXwih0kk[/video]
No Pokemon Z confirmed by Junichi Masuda *video above*

[video=youtube;Y3CuXwih0kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3CuXwih0kk[/video]
No Pokemon Z confirmed by Junichi Masuda *video above*

But the great people want a Pokémon Z. Please understand.

In all seriousness though, I'm taking everything related to Pokémon with a grain of salt. Like literally everything. Game Freak has made it to a point to where it's almost nearly impossible to try and predict what's coming next. Even though I had an open mind to the possibility of a new game being announced this month, I was pretty certain that it would just be more Hoopa stuff in CoroCoro, which did happen.

I mean, you simply don't include references to the Battle Frontier and Scott if you don't plan on releasing a Battle Frontier at some point for some region. And if you weren't, you better have started making plans once you saw the backlash from people online.

I think you're underestimating the impact of online 'backlash'. The internet is an echo chamber of the worst kind: often the opinions of a minority can appear to be widely held and they usually get exaggerated to the point of absurdity. The opinions of those that don't really mind don't get expressed, since those people are too busy playing the game, going outside and generally not ranting on the internet.

While I do sort of agree about us being a minority compared to the large number of buyers, online communities in this day and age (in general) are still something very significant in my opinion. Its part of how we communicate nowadays, and gaming companies eventually started using Youtube, facebook, twitters, etc. to keep in touch with their followings. Would there be any point if they didn't collect feedback from people or want to interact with us?

The devs might be Japanese primarily, but Pokemon does have several pages and social media outlets for different parts of the world. And I don't think there's any purpose in having these channels open to the communities if we're just going to be ignored. Especially the guaranteed buyers, because they're faithful to the product. Things might not be that way forever if they're actively disregarded or taken for granted. The Frontier complaints actually fall under a broader issue of Game Freak removing content and simplifying the game a bit too much, which has become an increasing concern for players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom