• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisia mentions Juan as Wallace's mentor at one point after you play against both of them in a Contest.

She also mentions him being friends with a strong trainer who "looks like a star"...Made me think of Tucker. I could see them sharing fashion tips.

If its all just easter eggs, I think they should've at the very least left the characters in the actual game as people that you could interact and battle with. I'll be damned if they market them along with the Frontier and other features as new content for another game...

Who's Tucker? And I haven't really participated in a contest with Lisia and Wallace, so I didn't know that! It's so cool!

And to the Kanto re-remake controversy. I personally would love a Yellow version that's 100% true to the anime. If it can be done on the FR/LG base (look up the infamous and amazing AshGray on YouTube), then theoretically it could be done on the 3DS as well. And anime Kanto is beyond MASSIVE. That's the only way I would honestly see myself playing Kanto again. Plus, Yellow's the only third version not to get incorporated into the remakes. Crystal was represented in the Suicune side-plot as well as us getting a female player character (I doubt they'd ever go back to just having the male, since even FR/LG didn't, but still a Crystal element) and Emerald got the Delta Episode. Yellow got completely thrown to the wayside.

I would rather gouge my eyes out then play through a Pre-Gen 2 Johto. Right now it is the only region that apparently was underdeveloped at the time of other games, even without a league apparently. I would much rather to see Kanto sequels start a sequence of world building sequels, which greatly expand on older regions, or at least just for Kanto and Johto.Remakes are pointless, and the timeline is a poor reason.

We don't know much about Johto back then. But I highly doubt Johto went from nothing to something in only three years. It had gyms, and it had a league with Kanto like it always did.

Lisia mentions Juan as Wallace's mentor at one point after you play against both of them in a Contest.

She also mentions him being friends with a strong trainer who "looks like a star"...Made me think of Tucker. I could see them sharing fashion tips.

If its all just easter eggs, I think they should've at the very least left the characters in the actual game as people that you could interact and battle with. I'll be damned if they market them along with the Frontier and other features as new content for another game...

Who's Tucker? And I haven't really participated in a contest with Lisia and Wallace, so I didn't know that! It's so cool!

And to the Kanto re-remake controversy. I personally would love a Yellow version that's 100% true to the anime. If it can be done on the FR/LG base (look up the infamous and amazing AshGray on YouTube), then theoretically it could be done on the 3DS as well. And anime Kanto is beyond MASSIVE. That's the only way I would honestly see myself playing Kanto again. Plus, Yellow's the only third version not to get incorporated into the remakes. Crystal was represented in the Suicune side-plot as well as us getting a female player character (I doubt they'd ever go back to just having the male, since even FR/LG didn't, but still a Crystal element) and Emerald got the Delta Episode. Yellow got completely thrown to the wayside.

Lol Tucker was a Frontier Brain in Emerald, and a humorous one at that. xD

Last edited:
All I want from Mega starters is for Meganium and Samurott to stop being laughing stocks :(

Don't know if we'll get more Mega starters this gen, but we're definitely getting them all at some point though. Starters are probably the ones I'd say are certain for getting Megas, along with the rest of the pseudos we're missing (Dragonite, Hydreigon and Goodra). Whether we get them this gen, I don't know. Since we were all just discussing Kanto, if we are going back to Kanto and Lance is around, then Mega Dragonite is a 100% given.

All I want from Mega starters is for Meganium and Samurott to stop being laughing stocks :(

Don't know if we'll get more Mega starters this gen, but we're definitely getting them all at some point though. Starters are probably the ones I'd say are certain for getting Megas, along with the rest of the pseudos we're missing (Dragonite, Hydreigon and Goodra). Whether we get them this gen, I don't know. Since we were all just discussing Kanto, if we are going back to Kanto and Lance is around, then Mega Dragonite is a 100% given.

Agreed. Lance gets Dragonite, Blue gets Mega Pidgeot if it's a Yellow remake and he has a starter neutral team, or the starter he chooses if it's not a Yellow remake. Giovanni would most likely have Mega Kangaskhan.

We don't know much about Johto back then. But I highly doubt Johto went from nothing to something in only three years. It had gyms, and it had a league with Kanto like it always did.
Right, that was back in frlg right when they incorporated Johto, establishing that it existed as a major region alongside Kanto all along? No wait, they didn't. It was apparent from FRLG and hgss that that wasn't the case. We know that gyms existed, but the leagues probably joined after Red became champion. And we do know anout Johto. Norman was a leader, Jasmine was likely an Electric Type Leader, Falkner's dad ran the gym and so forth. Rocket had no interest in the region, there likely was no professor as elm was pretty new, and the majority of its legendaries interacted for the first timr in ages with the mcs of games that would take place 3 years later. If remakes the first time didn't bother with the asspulls needed to justofy it, neither would the remakes part deux bothet with it.

Giovanni would most likely have Mega Kangaskhan.

Persian would be a pretty good fit for Giovanni if they want a new Mega to market. I can't remember if he used one originally, but he's had one in the anime for years, so it's sort of embedded in my mind as his signature mon these days even if he didn't have on in the games.

Right, that was back in frlg right when they incorporated Johto, establishing that it existed as a major region alongside Kanto all along? No wait, they didn't. It was apparent from FRLG and hgss that that wasn't the case. We know that gyms existed, but the leagues probably joined after Red became champion. And we do know anout Johto. Norman was a leader, Jasmine was likely an Electric Type Leader, Falkner's dad ran the gym and so forth. Rocket had no interest in the region, there likely was no professor as elm was pretty new, and the majority of its legendaries interacted for the first timr in ages with the mcs of games that would take place 3 years later. If remakes the first time didn't bother with the asspulls needed to justofy it, neither would the remakes part deux bothet with it.

But the thing is, we don't know for sure! Visiting pre-HGSS Johto gives them the opportunity to include and essentially make up whatever they want, and since Kanto takes place alongside Hoenn, Norman wouldn't be a leader, in fact he would've left for awhile if we assume Red starts from Kanto around the same time Brendan starts from Hoenn. It gives them a chance to let us see Johto from an alternate perspective. Doesn't that Kurt guy make a special mention of Red? Maybe he'll play a part in pre-HGSS Johto and be an ally of the player.

Moving onto next gen isn't going to fix philosophy problems, they're not going to suddenly decide that new hardware requires them to be any less minimalist. It might even encourage it even more if Nintendo manages to be successful on smartphones. Game Freak is only going to change direction if they look at the sales and reception and see that casual focused games aren't doing them any good.

Oh I know, unfortunately. That part of my post was supposed to be the jokey part.

Well 1st gen is always popular, so there's probably always going to be a demand for Kanto.

Right, which as much as I don't like it, I'm not arguing against. What I'm saying is that if Kanto reremakes/sequels come it *will* be largely due to fan demand. It won't be because they feel an inexorable compulsion to retell those stories in a new universe *just* for the sake of showing is how those games would look in that universe.

I think you're underestimating them a bit. ORAS wasn't the same game as RSE, it just didn't have as much content as we'd hoped. There were a fair number of changes in the game, and I think in Kanto they can change enough to make things interesting. The plot would likely be greatly expanded, there'd be new side features, some of the areas would probably be significantly changed, and the Kanto Dex will probably get some sort of expansion (probably with a lot of cross gen evos, but not a lot of anything else). It wouldn't be ideal, but I'd be satisfied with that.

You make good points, but I guess for me I don't really see that as being all that satisfactory. If they're to redo Kanto again, I would want a far more substantial overhaul. Kanto got the remake treatment once, with all of the stuff you listed. If they're just going to do that but a bit more, then I think I would rather have a brand new game.

Jasmine was likely an Electric Type Leader

Fun fact, she was actually into Rock types at the time, according to an NPC in HGSS.

Last edited:

Persian would be a pretty good fit for Giovanni if they want a new Mega to market. I can't remember if he used one originally, but he's had one in the anime for years, so it's sort of embedded in my mind as his signature mon these days even if he didn't have on in the games.

He had one in Yellow, but not any of the other games. Usually his main is Nidoqueen or Rhydon.

He had one in Yellow, but not any of the other games. Usually his main is Nidoqueen or Rhydon.

They could make it several different ones, I just said Kangaskhan cuz that's the only one he's had that has a Mega now I think.

They could make it several different ones, I just Kangaskhan cuz that's the only one he's had that has a Mega now I think.

You mean a different one every battle? Because that's the only way that could work seeing as you can only use one Mega per battle.

Mega Persian is fine.

They could make it several different ones, I just Kangaskhan cuz that's the only one he's had that has a Mega now I think.

You mean a different one every battle? Because that's the only way that could work seeing as you can only use one Mega per battle.

Mega Persian is fine.

No I mean they have several options as his one Mega, Kangaskhan makes sense, Persian would be nice, or any other new Mega they decide to throw into the mix.

I don't know if any of you guys play(ed) Dragon Quest but one thing that they did gives me an idea of how Game Freak may possibly handle the Kanto remake situation.

The first two games of Dragon Quest were very small in terms of playthrough length. So when they were remade, the two games were merged into one cartridge and each game had their own save file.

So I thought maybe Game Freak can possibly do the same thing with Kanto and Johto. The games are remade but the remakes are released into one cartridge where there is a Kanto save file and a Johto save file.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a horrible idea, I know, with several flaws. I don't want this to happen either. I would rather experience a completely beefed-up Kanto adventure (with possibly a bigger post-game storyline than was present in FRLG) and a Johto re-remake that can stand on its own in a cartridge. But I posted that idea to throw out the possibility that this may happen. Because let's face it: Kanto re-remakes are happening.
The Delta Episode in ORAS indicated that there is a separate universe where Mega Evolutions exist from the one where Mega Evolutions don't exist (the non-Mega Evolution universe being RSE. FRLG, DPPt, HGSS & BWB2W2). Based off of that, there is a strong calling for another Kanto remake because, after all, just because the ancient war that was the cause of Mega Evolution's existence happened doesn't mean that the events of Kanto never happened. Same goes for Johto, Sinnoh and Unova.
Even if it's not a game on its own, a re-remake of Kanto is going to happen in some form.

I don't know if any of you guys play(ed) Dragon Quest but one thing that they did gives me an idea of how Game Freak may possibly handle the Kanto remake situation.

The first two games of Dragon Quest were very small in terms of playthrough length. So when they were remade, the two games were merged into one cartridge and each game had their own save file.

So I thought maybe Game Freak can possibly do the same thing with Kanto and Johto. The games are remade but the remakes are released into one cartridge where there is a Kanto save file and a Johto save file.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a horrible idea, I know, with several flaws. I don't want this to happen either. I would rather experience a completely beefed-up Kanto adventure (with possibly a bigger post-game storyline than was present in FRLG) and a Johto re-remake that can stand on its own in a cartridge. But I posted that idea to throw out the possibility that this may happen. Because let's face it: Kanto re-remakes are happening.
The Delta Episode in ORAS indicated that there is a separate universe where Mega Evolutions exist from the one where Mega Evolutions don't exist (the non-Mega Evolution universe being RSE. FRLG, DPPt, HGSS & BWB2W2). Based off of that, there is a strong calling for another Kanto remake because, after all, just because the ancient war that was the cause of Mega Evolution's existence happened doesn't mean that the events of Kanto never happened. Same goes for Johto, Sinnoh and Unova.
Even if it's not a game on its own, a re-remake of Kanto is going to happen in some form.

I've been talking about this exact timeline for like the last three pages.. In fact that's been my whole argument for why we need Kanto remakes. :look:

Even suggesting remakes for all the other regions, buut everyone else doesn't think this new timeline and multiverse stuff is reason enough to do so.

I've been talking about this exact timeline for like the last three pages.. In fact that's been my whole argument for why we need Kanto remakes. :look:

Even suggesting remakes for all the other regions, buut everyone else doesn't think this new timeline and multiverse stuff is reason enough to do so.

I understand your argument and I'm on your side, don't worry. :)

Mega Persian is fine.

No I mean they have several options as his one Mega, Kangaskhan makes sense, Persian would be nice, or any other new Mega they decide to throw into the mix.

I'm betting on a Mega Rhyperior; Rhyhorn/Rhydon has been Giovanni's trump card for most of his final battles.

Mega Persian is fine.

I'm betting on a Mega Rhyperior; Rhyhorn/Rhydon has been Giovanni's trump card for most of his final battles.

I even thought of a Yellow remake where early Johto is accessible.

Mega Persian is fine.

I even thought of a Yellow remake where early Johto is accessible.

I read that. Tbh I think that's kind of a stretch. But it's still definitely possible; Game Freak always has new ideas for us.

From a business perspective, this timeline stuff might be an amazing move, it gives them an excuse to possibly remake every previous game not in Gen VI and revamp the story, Pokemon, graphics, Primal Dialga anyone? Sinnoh confirmed? I still wanna talk about Yellow for now. Sinnoh was one of the biggest regions, and my hypothetical Yellow remake would include, Kanto, Johto, and the Sevii Islands, that would be collectively, bigger than Sinnoh.

I personally would much rather have a Megaverse Yellow remake that's faithful to the original anime, right down to the geography (since anime Kanto is larger than game Kanto by far).

It could have Kanto and introduce the Orange Islands to the game universe putting them West of the Sevii Islands (Sevii Islands is Southeast of Fuchsia according to the path you take to get there, while the Orange Islands is to the South of the KanJoh continent and extends from Azalea Town to Fuchsia City according to Anime Maps)

So it would go like this: Original Series Kanto (EP01-EP80, M01) ---> Orange Islands (EP81-EP116, M02) ---> Sevii Islands (SS018, and they could retcon other Side Story episodes to take place in Sevii) ---> Advanced Generation Kanto (great way for us to get the Battle Frontier!!!) [EP406-EP466, M08-M09, MoMP]

If all original 116 episodes and the first two movies can fit (as simplified events) on a GBA cartridge, then I have no doubt GameFreak could do so much more with their official team and resources.

Pokemon origins is likely the megaverse remakes though. I'M gonna be a broken record at this point and thats a rarity. But its the truth. When ORAS revealed the multiverses, that is when I became convinced. To go through 5 differrenr gens, and 2 of them retreads of retreads, is too big of an undertaking and a chore, no matter how much bank they would make, and origins is a fime solution. I am willing to bet GS Origins is coming some time next year as well, or at least with the start of gen 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom