• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this new announcement is very exciting.

Interestingly, just as Hoopa's Pokedex entry suggested a hidden secret power, or forme, Arceus entry too talks about its 1000 arms which it created the world with, yet the Arceus we know has 0 arms. And I'm sure Game Freak won't have missed the fact that the God they have created is now outmatched by both Mega Rayquaza and the Mega Mewtwos.

As someone else has mentioned the Gen 1 legends are all very much absent, and when is Mega Charizard Y ever going to raise it's head in the anime?
I think a new game announcement is definitely in the pipeline, and forgive me for thinking the 20th anniversary announcement won't just be business as usual.

As a Hoenn fan, I think Hoenn deserves more than 6 months of attention. If they are preparing a new game, I would like a ORAS patch with the Battle Frontier, before that new game is released. I really think that ORAS mentioning the BF can´t be just a little teaser. Besides, they tell you "The BF project has already started!" They don´t say it is planned. They say IT HAS STARTED, am I the only one to find this strange?

What if this is the "suprise" that Masuda is preparing?

It´s just, I see the in- game clear mention about the BF completely UNNECESSARY if it´s not intending something more.

I mean, the Battle Frontier wasn´t mentioned in the original R/S, right? So why mentioning it here, if not for a purpose?

I know it could be an Emerald reference and nothing more... however, I don´t think GF would be so cruel to mentiona fan- fave like the BF, and not include it. Like saying "We know you wanted it, but you ain´t getting it".

And most important, if they didn´t plan a BF for ORAS, why not at least UPDATE the freaking Battle Maison? It´s 100% identical to the Kalos one. Same trainers, same chatelaines, same Pokemon.

I refuse to thing they rushed the game for economic reasons. I think they ported the Maison from Kalos for some reason different to pure laziness.

Last edited:

Interestingly, just as Hoopa's Pokedex entry suggested a hidden secret power, or forme, Arceus entry too talks about its 1000 arms which it created the world with, yet the Arceus we know has 0 arms. And I'm sure Game Freak won't have missed the fact that the God they have created is now outmatched by both Mega Rayquaza and the Mega Mewtwos.

As someone else has mentioned the Gen 1 legends are all very much absent, and when is Mega Charizard Y ever going to raise it's head in the anime?
I think a new game announcement is definitely in the pipeline, and forgive me for thinking the 20th anniversary announcement won't just be business as usual.

It's a long held theory that Arceus' 1,000 arms are Unown, which is implied in both the anime (Unown inhabit the dimensions of Arceus' children, Dialga and Palkia) and the games (Arceus is found in a place where the inhabitants of Alph and Solaceon met, both being the only places to find Unown in Generation 4). So any Mega, Primal or Ultimate Forme should incorporate arms that resemble the Unown. I hope.

I don't think Arceus' role in the anime will really affect anything that happens in the games, since the anime changes stuff quite a bit (like Kyurem being able to transform into its Black and White formes without needing to fuse with Reshiram and Zekrom). Arceus is probably just there to stop the fighting between the other legendaries (although, I could see an OR/AS event possibly having Hoopa and Arceus in a small story similar to Deoxys and Rayquaza in the Delta Episode).

It's a long held theory that Arceus' 1,000 arms are Unown, which is implied in both the anime (Unown inhabit the dimensions of Arceus' children, Dialga and Palkia) and the games (Arceus is found in a place where the inhabitants of Alph and Solaceon met, both being the only places to find Unown in Generation 4). So any Mega, Primal or Ultimate Forme should incorporate arms that resemble the Unown. I hope.

I think it would be really interesting if you have to obtain all of the Unown forms in order to have Arceus Mega-evolve/Primal/what-have-you. Although, since you can only have 6 'mons in your party, maybe they could make a special Item that is in some way closely connected with the Unown, and can only activate once all Unown forms have been caught.

I think it would be really interesting if you have to obtain all of the Unown forms in order to have Arceus Mega-evolve/Primal/what-have-you. Although, since you can only have 6 'mons in your party, maybe they could make a special Item that is in some way closely connected with the Unown, and can only activate once all Unown forms have been caught.

I like this idea. Kind of like an UNOWN Radar, but not.

As for the Battle Frontier, I'm pretty sure it'll be a DLC add-on. But will they simply port Emerald's Frontier? Or will they create a new Frontier? Personally, I'm cool with either. I never really did Emerald's frontier, since when I was a kid, the Pokemon in my main team were of course super stretched out when it came to levels, making it kind of difficult to do anything other than the Factory. (I think that's the one where you get rentals?) xD So it would be awesome to finally experience Emerald's frontier. (Plus...Pike Queen Lucy in 3D...)

As for the Battle Frontier, I'm pretty sure it'll be a DLC add-on. But will they simply port Emerald's Frontier? Or will they create a new Frontier? Personally, I'm cool with either. I never really did Emerald's frontier, since when I was a kid, the Pokemon in my main team were of course super stretched out when it came to levels, making it kind of difficult to do anything other than the Factory. (I think that's the one where you get rentals?) xD So it would be awesome to finally experience Emerald's frontier. (Plus...Pike Queen Lucy in 3D...)

On the one hand, the "the BF project HAS STARTED" quote points clearly towards a DLC release.
On the other hand, we have Junichi Masuda stating they didn´t add the BF in ORAS cause most players don´t like difficult features anymore.

I don´t know, but the already complete ORAS, would feel completely COMPLETE with a Frontier.

I mean come on, the Johto Remakes got a Frontier, so how come the generation that INTRODUCED the Frontier, doesn´t get it! It makes no sense...

On the one hand, the "the BF project HAS STARTED" quote points clearly towards a DLC release.
On the other hand, we have Junichi Masuda stating they didn´t add the BF in ORAS cause most players don´t like difficult features anymore.

I don´t know, but the already complete ORAS, would feel completely COMPLETE with a Frontier.

I mean come on, the Johto Remakes got a Frontier, so how come the generation that INTRODUCED the Frontier, doesn´t get it! It makes no sense...

I have a feeling they were originally going to put in the battle frontier but due to time constraints they had to leave it out. A lot of what is said in interviews seems like on the spot excuses as they can't really say what really happened. With the next games likely to be early next year, perhaps they'll use the groundwork for the frontier that they may have started on for ORAS to include a battlefrontier in Kalos. At the same time, all signs point towards GF taking a different approach with their remarks about smartphone games and their target audience which would point to them not including the frontier.

That said, there's no way we'l be getting it as DLC for XY/ORAS. The games just cannot support the technicalities of it and GF's inability to even have the patches at a small size also point towards them not being able to have dlc at a reasonable size. I do think it would be fantastic if they made the battle frontier as it's own app on the eshop that can be bought on its own, but that connects to XY/ORAS ala dream radar to send over pokemon for battle.

I have a feeling they were originally going to put in the battle frontier but due to time constraints they had to leave it out. A lot of what is said in interviews seems like on the spot excuses as they can't really say what really happened. With the next games likely to be early next year, perhaps they'll use the groundwork for the frontier that they may have started on for ORAS to include a battlefrontier in Kalos. At the same time, all signs point towards GF taking a different approach with their remarks about smartphone games and their target audience which would point to them not including the frontier.

That said, there's no way we'l be getting it as DLC for XY/ORAS. The games just cannot support the technicalities of it and GF's inability to even have the patches at a small size also point towards them not being able to have dlc at a reasonable size. I do think it would be fantastic if they made the battle frontier as it's own app on the eshop that can be bought on its own, but that connects to XY/ORAS ala dream radar to send over pokemon for battle.

I think your hypothesis of BF as an APP from the E-SHOP, is brilliant. That they COULD do, right?

They gave us Pokemon Rumble World and Pokemon Shuffle for free, so nothing stops them from releasing the BF as an app. A payed app, if they want.

I personally think they'll do either Pokemon Z or Pokemon X2/Y2. But we'll just have to wait and see.

A lot of what is said in interviews seems like on the spot excuses as they can't really say what really happened.
Yeah, the response was definitely garbage.

If ORAS!Wally is any indication, they know full well that there are players who clock hours into the game for battles. There's even direct references to VGC and the Competitive scene on the Resort island.

Not to mention the 2nd daycare offered for faster breeding, the plethora of tournaments that have been held on the GL website, the Pokemon Rankings, the official Battle videos and streams on their Youtube page, etc. There's almost no way they aren't aware of the playerbase.

I mean maybe Masuda is out of touch, but c'mon.

Last edited:
Whether we get any Kanto game or not will completely set the stage for Gen VII. If we get a Kanto game, then the chances of a Johto remake that takes place 3 years later is basically guaranteed, which also means Sinnoh remakes too, all after that Gen's new paired versions, of course.

I'm just gonna leave this here.
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/601026499991437312
So apparently something could be happening. It's possible we could have a main game announcement soon, though I'd temper my expectations to be on the safe side. If it is, I wonder if they'll reveal a main series game before e3 then detail it, or just do both during e3.

http://i.imgur.com/cpFTona.png
Right then, seeing as it concerns the main series, I'm cautiously hyped.

Last edited:
As expected, nothing much in the Famitsu announcement. It only concerned a new episode for the anime. Now, that just leaves June for anything.

So apparently something could be happening. It's possible we could have a main game announcement soon, though I'd temper my expectations to be on the safe side. If it is, I wonder if they'll reveal a main series game before e3 then detail it, or just do both during e3.

Someone replied to that tweet with a Japanese Pokemon link that shows a pretty real looking Z. Now, I'm on a mobile device so I can't translate it nor can I understand Japanese so no clue if it's real or a theoretical representation.

Someone replied to that tweet with a Japanese Pokemon link that shows a pretty real looking Z. Now, I'm on a mobile device so I can't translate it nor can I understand Japanese so no clue if it's real or a theoretical representation.

That Z boxart is fanmade by tomycase on deviantart iirc. It's been around for a while.

But anyway, now seems about the time for everyone to strap in for the ride! If the Japanese are going crazy for it and it's hinting at main series, it definitely seems like something is about to happen.

Called it. I knew something was gonna be announced soon. All aboard the #HypeTrain we're all along for the ride now! Kanto remakes or Kalos third version/sequels.

Well Serebii just tweeted again saying: "It's very possible that the profile bit has been there since ORAS, but the hysteria over the alleged Famitsu stuff brought it into the light"

So maybe don't get too excited just yet haha.

Edit: Ok, apparently it has been there since ORAS. Nothing to see here :p

Last edited:
Welp, turns out it was just leftover data from ORAS. Surprised it took half an hour for someone to notice though aha.

This is interesting. Hopefully they reveal the games at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom