• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Mystery Dungeon for Spring in the EU
Early 2016 isn't necessarily Spring. It could be January or February.

definitely means there is no main game for this winter or next February.
2015 is definitely out of the window, but March 2016 is still a possibility. Art Academy was released a month before ORAS in the US, and similarly, Typing DS was released a month before B2W2 in Europe. Granted, Super Mystery Dungeon should be a bigger release, but maybe they just aren't expecting it to sell well in Europe.

Maybe the next games can be summer releases, like DP, or we can literally be waiting a good ywar and a half to play new games.
You mean DP in Europe? They were released in April in the US, and a late April release would coincide nicely with Japan's Golden Week.

there is no new game content to create a filler arc.
I highly doubt that a filler arc would last until 2017, anyway.

Last edited:
What is up with Nintendo being stupid with release dates again? It's literally not even a physical product, you can distribute it to every continent simultaneously! Seriously, Nintendo, it's time to stop that crap.

I still anticipate, like you guys have said, a March-May main game release. They just announced this for the winter about six months in advance, so they could announce, for example, Z or a Yellow remake, around October-November.

What is up with Nintendo being stupid with release dates again? It's literally not even a physical product, you can distribute it to every continent simultaneously! Seriously, Nintendo, it's time to stop that crap.
The game hasn't been confirmed to be eShop only, so it will likely have a physical release too. So yeah, it is a physical product. There could also be other reasons for the release gap; such as Mystery Dungeon being a text-heavy spin-off but not as high a priority for a global launch than the mainline games or it could be a scheduling decision by Nintendo of Europe, for example.

Super Mystery Dungeon? Creative name.

THANK YOU Game Freak!

I was holding myself from getting ORAS, in case GF announced a newer main game.

But since it´s "just" Mistery Dungeon, I don´t care too much... I´ve never been a big spin-off game fan. I only like Pokemon Ranger from Pokemon´s hand- held spin-offs, honestly.

So, can we be SURE they are not releasing a NEW MAIN- SERIES game in at least a year?

Cause I only plan on getting one more main game this generation (6), and was doubting between ORAS and the next main game they´d announce.

The game hasn't been confirmed to be eShop only, so it will likely have a physical release too. So yeah, it is a physical product. There could also be other reasons for the release gap; such as Mystery Dungeon being a text-heavy spin-off but not as high a priority for a global launch than the mainline games or it could be a scheduling decision by Nintendo of Europe, for example.

Wow, I'm mad. No release date for Korea? Nothing announced? We didn't get Gates To Infinity, and no announcement for Super Mystery Dungeon either? This is so disappointing. I hope they announce a release later - I really don't want to miss out on the Mystery Dungeon series :/

THANK YOU Game Freak!

But since it´s "just" Mistery Dungeon, I don´t care too much... I´ve never been a big spin-off game fan. I only like Pokemon Ranger from Pokemon´s hand- held spin-offs, honestly.

So, can we be SURE they are not releasing a NEW MAIN- SERIES game in at least a year?

Cause I only plan on getting one more main game this generation (6), and was doubting between ORAS and the next main game they´d announce.

Just get one of the Hoenn games. They're pretty good and if there is another game this generation it'll be a Kalos or Kanto game.

THANK YOU Game Freak!

Just get one of the Hoenn games. They're pretty good and if there is another game this generation it'll be a Kalos or Kanto game.

I appreciate your advice! :)

You see, I´m basically not interested in an other Kalos game. I have X, and like it. But i´m not getting an other Kalos game only to get some extra Zygrade story and do everything that i´ve already done and do in X.

On the other hand, a "Pokemon Yellow" I COULD be interested in ... IF ... it was a complete game, with a BF and the ORAS features included (Soaring, Secret Bases, Contests, etc). But I highly doubt Game Freak would grace us with something like that.

So I think getting ORAS would be the better idea :)

PD the reason I was doubting, is cause I read the hypothesis of Hoenn being in the post- game of the next Kalos game/games. Or even the hypothesis of Delta Emerald being the next game. But I guess, that´s just a rumour right?

About the NX, I personally hope it´s related to the Wii U, and is substituting that, and not the 3DS. That´s cause Im mainly a hand- held Nintendo fan, and I like the 3DS and don´t think it should be substituted soon. In my opinion,it could easily host gen 7 too, before they release a new handheld (to host gen 8).

I agree. However, I would say that Gen 7 should be exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. That way, there will be more power to work with for a new game engine. I mean, the New Nintendo 3DS can handle about the power of a Wii, as shown by Xenoblade. So, I'd like if Gen 7 was a New Nintendo 3DS game. We'd still get a fantastic (hopefully) new technology boost, making it a good improvement over Gen 6, and it would feel more separate than Gens 4 and 5 were (since both could play on every DS model). It would be more like a Gen 1-2 jump, which I find attractive, as long as it comes soon before the 3DS starts nearing the end of its (expectedly quite long) lifecycle. Another reason for using the New Nintendo 3DS is this: The New model has given a great new breath of air into the 3DS lifespan. Unlike new models of the DS and such, the New 3DS actually has a great power boost in its technology, just like a totally new handheld would provide! A whole new generation (general gaming) of games could be housed on the New 3DS, taking the 3DS lifespan up to, maybe even, 2019 or so. That would be enough time, as well, for Pokemon to have its 7th Gen exclusively on the New 3DS.

Completely agree with you. I don´t know why everybody seems in a hurry for a new console, so soon after the New 3DS came out. It´s like they make the BEST 3DS model, which corrects the problems the original 3DS has, and start a new console. It makes no sense. I think the 3ds should keep being the newest Nintendo model.

Only one detail, about gen 7 being New Nintendo exclusive, and uncompatible with 3DS/2DS, i think its not a bad idea, but... I still don´t have the "New 3DS model"so in case I still don´t own it when Gen 7 comes out, would prefer to be able to play gen 7 on my 2DS (i got a 2DS, cause I read the first 3DS had many 3d problems, all of which seem to be corrected in the New model).

I personally think, because of the big power boost, we might as well consider the New 3DS a new console generation. I mean, I know it isn't truly. But considering the fact it has exclusive games and that beefy power boost, I still think it'd be best to break ties with regular 3DS and 2DS when moving on to Gen 7. It might meqan that a lot of people have to upgrade, yes. But I truly believe it would be for the best, for the sake of having better games with true advancement. I'd like to see Gen 7 start in 2017, hopefully.

^ Oh, and I think ORAS are fantastic. Definitely get one. Personally, I prefer Alpha Sapphire. Definitely don't skip out. And yeah, I think we can be sure of no new main series games this year, now that we know it's Mystery Dungeon, which I'm really looking forward to. I hope that they do it better than the last few. Honestly, I only really liked the original so far. I didn't fully play Gates to Infinity, but from what I did play, I thought it sucked personally. Probably won't get another main series game until February at the earliest.

About the NX, I personally hope it´s related to the Wii U, and is substituting that, and not the 3DS. That´s cause Im mainly a hand- held Nintendo fan, and I like the 3DS and don´t think it should be substituted soon. In my opinion,it could easily host gen 7 too, before they release a new handheld (to host gen 8).

I agree. However, I would say that Gen 7 should be exclusive to the New Nintendo 3DS. That way, there will be more power to work with for a new game engine. I mean, the New Nintendo 3DS can handle about the power of a Wii, as shown by Xenoblade. So, I'd like if Gen 7 was a New Nintendo 3DS game. We'd still get a fantastic (hopefully) new technology boost, making it a good improvement over Gen 6, and it would feel more separate than Gens 4 and 5 were (since both could play on every DS model). It would be more like a Gen 1-2 jump, which I find attractive, as long as it comes soon before the 3DS starts nearing the end of its (expectedly quite long) lifecycle. Another reason for using the New Nintendo 3DS is this: The New model has given a great new breath of air into the 3DS lifespan. Unlike new models of the DS and such, the New 3DS actually has a great power boost in its technology, just like a totally new handheld would provide! A whole new generation (general gaming) of games could be housed on the New 3DS, taking the 3DS lifespan up to, maybe even, 2019 or so. That would be enough time, as well, for Pokemon to have its 7th Gen exclusively on the New 3DS.

Completely agree with you. I don´t know why everybody seems in a hurry for a new console, so soon after the New 3DS came out. It´s like they make the BEST 3DS model, which corrects the problems the original 3DS has, and start a new console. It makes no sense. I think the 3ds should keep being the newest Nintendo model.

Only one detail, about gen 7 being New Nintendo exclusive, and uncompatible with 3DS/2DS, i think its not a bad idea, but... I still don´t have the "New 3DS model"so in case I still don´t own it when Gen 7 comes out, would prefer to be able to play gen 7 on my 2DS (i got a 2DS, cause I read the first 3DS had many 3d problems, all of which seem to be corrected in the New model).

I personally think, because of the big power boost, we might as well consider the New 3DS a new console generation. I mean, I know it isn't truly. But considering the fact it has exclusive games and that beefy power boost, I still think it'd be best to break ties with regular 3DS and 2DS when moving on to Gen 7. It might meqan that a lot of people have to upgrade, yes. But I truly believe it would be for the best, for the sake of having better games with true advancement. I'd like to see Gen 7 start in 2017, hopefully.

^ Oh, and I think ORAS are fantastic. Definitely get one. Personally, I prefer Alpha Sapphire. Definitely don't skip out. And yeah, I think we can be sure of no new main series games this year, now that we know it's Mystery Dungeon, which I'm really looking forward to. I hope that they do it better than the last few. Honestly, I only really liked the original so far. I didn't fully play Gates to Infinity, but from what I did play, I thought it sucked personally. Probably won't get another main series game until February at the earliest.

Yeah, I told you I like your idea about New 3DS exclusiveness.

I just mean, from a more selfish point of view, I would like to be able to play Gen 7 wothout the need to upgrade. But for the sake of maintaning the 3DS (New 3DS) as the main hand- held longer, I would accept the exclusiveness thing. Plus, I´ve heard the 3D was really enhanced in the NEW 3DS, so that makes it even more appealing to me. So I like your idea.

About ORAS, I appreciate your advice (and Empoleon´s). As a Hoenn fan, I really don´t want to skip the games, and would only do so, if a more complete game came out next, INCLUDING the ORAS features and a BF, and maybe even Hoenn as post-game (I´ve read it as a hypothesis), but I highly doubt GF would make something that complete.

Actually, I have the feeling GF are going to keep Secret Bases, Soaring, and Contests all Hoenn- exclusive features. And I care about these features more than about fashion customization.

So I think I will follow your advice and get ORAS. I was thinking of AS, cause of the Pokemon selection.

About Mistery Dungeon, I have never played those spin-offs. They are probably good, but I only seem to like Pokemon Ranger from the hand- held spin- offs. It feels very like the Anime (the Ranger episodes), and I like it.

Last edited:
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon sounds really interesting! While Gates to Infinity suffered from having a shorter story than its predecessors, its biggest drawback was the fact that it mostly had Generation V Pokemon with only a few Pokemon of other generations. It was kind of interesting to play it like as a "what if" Pokemon only had Generation V Pokemon exist, but it was still pretty lame even if I did understand how hard it would have been to incorporate all the Pokemon and put enough maps to fit them all in. I vastly prefer Mystery Dungeon's setting, formula and narrative, and with "Super" being in the title I'm going to be the first to guess it's going to have all the Pokemon available to recruit. Or maybe it just really is the usual Japanese "extravagant" naming. This will even be the 4th generation it will have a game on, which I think really says a lot about its quality. It's a shame it's going to come a lot later in Europe, but I can wait, and it would satisfy me.

Last edited:
I have never played any of the spin off games. Are they usually good?

I'd say it depends. The big name Spin Offs that we got during the Gen 3 - 4 days are pretty great and well received among fans. Namely Colosseum, Mystery Dungeon, and Ranger. Conquest is another strong one from Gen 5, and I think the PokePark sequel was pretty decent too. But those are main ones that come to mind. Smaller ones like Rumble, Shuffle, and Trozei I don't really find that interesting, personally.

Since we're looking at Mystery Dungeon in particular here, the stories typically have more effort put into them than that of the main games, and for my money tend to be a bit more challenging. The turning you into a Pokemon bit definitely makes the game engaging from the start to me. Though I have not played the most recent one...

Last edited:

Since we're looking at Mystery Dungeon in particular here, the stories typically have more effort put into them than that of the main games, and for my money tend to be a bit more challenging. The turning you into a Pokemon bit definitely makes the game engaging from the start to me. Though I have not played the most recent one...

Alright. This might be worth checking out then. Thanks.

About this announcement...

I don't think this rules out a new main series Pokemon game yet for next year, for the following reasons:

-Game Freak does not develop the spinoffs - other companies do, I believe, so they can still be developing their own games.

-Mystery Dungeon games, I think, usually come out late in the series. The last one came out on the 3DS as Part of Generation V - which was still back using the DS system. This discrepancy tells me they are made in a very different timeline from the main series, and it won't affect how the next games will work out.

If anything, though, I do see that they still haven't done any announcement yet for the main series... I'm guessing that the E3 conference might be the time we will find out.

If it was just about translations, Europe would get it about the same time as NA, not several months later. It's probably something along the lines of the latter.

If it was just about translations, Europe would get it about the same time as NA, not several months later. It's probably something along the lines of the latter.
Nintendo of Europe would also have to localise the game into French, German, Italian and Spanish; which Nintendo of America wouldn't have to do. That could hold back a European release.

Nintendo of Europe would also have to localise the game into French, German, Italian and Spanish; which Nintendo of America wouldn't have to do. That could hold back a European release.

That never stopped them before, why would it now?

From what I've played and what I've heard, the only really good mystery dungeon games are the original ones. Red Rescue Team was technically my 4th Pokemon game, after ruby, leaf green, and Emerald, and man was it fun, the entire chase mid story where you then fought the legendary birds was very exciting, although the reason for the chase slips my mind now, but I had a lot of fun with red rescue team. Then I got blue rescue team and ported my red rescue team over to it as a team I could fight in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom