• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What should the next pair of games be called?

I think that after the Generation V and VI games, it has become difficult to predict what names GameFreak will pick next. Up until Black/White were announced I saw Garnet and Amethyst as being likely naming candidates, but we've since moved on from gem stones.

I'd quite like to see GameFreak expanding the concept of separate versions though; maybe take the concept of Opelucid City of Black/White and expanding it to cover a whole region? Then the names could be something to reflect that difference (although "Urban" and "Rural" are plain and just don't have a nice ring to them at all). Maybe something like Pokémon Aeon and Pokémon Neon; to symbolise old and new?

If a future region is based on Australia, Opal and Quartz.

I think that after the Generation V and VI games, it has become difficult to predict what names GameFreak will pick next. Up until Black/White were announced I saw Garnet and Amethyst as being likely naming candidates, but we've since moved on from gem stones.

I'd quite like to see GameFreak expanding the concept of separate versions though; maybe take the concept of Opelucid City of Black/White and expanding it to cover a whole region? Then the names could be something to reflect that difference (although "Urban" and "Rural" are plain and just don't have a nice ring to them at all). Maybe something like Pokémon Aeon and Pokémon Neon; to symbolise old and new?

If Neon's gonna be used? I want to see stars and the subtitles being rendered in glowing neon sign format.

GR8 Banter and Cheeky Nandos

They're set in modern day England

Pokémon Vitality and Pokémon Melancholy, with the main theme being emotion. The mascot of the former would represent energy and intense emotion, and would probably be a Fire-type and either yellow or red. The latter would have a mascot that represents depression and anhedonia, would probably be a Water-type or Ice-type, and probably would be gray or blue. The latter would also represent me lol.

Crimson and Azure. "But that's just a 'cool' way of saying red and blue". Well so is ruby and sapphire.

Okay how bout Pokemon Core and Shell?

I got a good one: Pokemon Thought and Pokemon Action. With the mascots being a Pure Psychic and a Pure Fighting type.

You know, one doesn´t barely move and does everything telepathically, while the other moving really fast.

Order and Chaos: Could also be themes for opposing legendaries or teams
Magenta and Indigo: Because Red and Blue are so popular
Light and Dark: Mascots based on Sun and Moon?
Mind and Spirit: Psychic and Fairy Legendaries?

Pokemon This One and Pokemon That One.

Buying the game would never be harder.
"Which one do you want?"
"That one."
"This one?"
"NO! That One!"
"You mean this one here?"
"NO!!! That one, over there!"
"OH!!! You mean Pokemon: This One."
"YES, DAMMIT, THAT ONE!"

Pokémon Myriad X & Pokémon Myriad Y
Matching Zygarde's new power.

Sun and Moon. Hey, why not? Planet themes would be cool! The third version could be Earth.

Mars and Venus would be nice too. I think I made that as a joke one time but I sort of think it could work. The third version could be Jupiter or Saturn.

Solstice and Equinox. I really want seasons to come back in a big way, and having seaon related legendaries would be amazing. Ice/Fire legendary based on the winter/summer solstice and a grass/fairy based on the spring/fall equinox. I mean if not that, we dont have legendary representatives of the seasons, and I expect em next gen.

Pokemon Right and Pokemon Wrong, the third version would Maybe.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom