• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Pharoah Wins First Triple Crown in 37 Years

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/american-pharoah-claims-triple-crown-n371041

So there ya have it, folks. I, personally, witnessed history this evening, something which I may not witness again for a long time. I'm not a HUGE fan of horse racing, but I always watch the big 3 races every year with my family. Congratulations to the horse and owners on this fantastic achievement!

What are your thoughts on this amazing feat?

The 37 year gap has been bridged And I'm wasn't born the last time the triple crown has been won

The 37 year gap has been bridged And I'm wasn't born the last time the triple crown has been won

I'm pretty sure almost none of us were. Also, in the words of Victor Espinoza, HOLY SHIT!!!

I'm pretty sure almost none of us were. Also, in the words of Victor Espinoza, HOLY SHIT!!!
I was three when the last one was crowned but I don't remember any of it. And yeah, HOLY SHIT! There have been so many close calls and now it finally happened. I am stunned.

I spend most of my day around horses, and just, from what I see in his racing, this horse is exceptional. Not just talent wise.

If you watch the race and see the last few moments, the jockey was not pushing American Pharoah at all. This horse is pure heart. He was trained and raised well, and truly loves what he does. I teared up so bad watching it. What a seriously incredible horse <3

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom