• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP82 title

Each new generation of kids is supposed to see Ash struggle with his gym battles.

Maybe pokemon should take yu-gi-oh's approach then and have newer heros take Ash's place if that's what matters, cause what about the long term fans who still watch to see Ash progress and show he's getting stronger as a trainer, not regressing.

Um, the people that swept those matches aren't the main character. It's boring to have the main character win effortlessly ALL THE TIME.

Then his rivals shouldn't look so strong, sure they can be shown to be slightly stronger than him, so that he actually has a chance to beat them, but not be shown on the type of level they show paul at where he just wiped the floor with maylene while Ash barely tied with her, that's really saying something right there.

Side characters can do it because it's used to make them look invincible so that their "good" rival can win, making them look better. Pokemon's target audience isn't supposed to look up to those characters, just Ash.

Flawed obviously because people like Paul greatly because he's doing things that are intresting compared to stale things Ash does.

It would be like Goku beating everyone in DBZ without breaking a sweat, the GLs, Rivals, and E4 trainers show you that there is always someone stronger out there, no matter how strong you get.

You can't use Goku as an example, because by the end of dragonball he always did find ways to get stronger than the people he battled, Ash is not doing that.

Not main character=Not having to struggle, and being able to sweep. Ash will never be that good, as long as he's a Shounen hero.

Then i guess Ash can't battle an elite four until they pull a gx type situation then and bring in a new person to fill his role, solely because he has to sweep gyms to show he's ready to battle them head on, and even if he did use his older pokemon his mindset isn't ready for such a task either because he still makes ametuer mistakes that cost him big time.

Besides if Kanto and hoenn elite four members could beat the tar out of ash with little effort, what does that really say about sinnoh's elite if he's able to beat them?

VA list: Joy, Maxi (Crasher Wake... I think), Hiroki, Masuki
Wasn't Crasher Wake's Japanese name Maxi Mask? (Mask and Masuki is written the same way) this list show there are two different people with different VAs- Maxi and Mask/Masuki

Wasn't Crasher Wake's Japanese name Maxi Mask? (Mask and Masuki is written the same way) this list show there are two different people with different VAs- Maxi and Mask/Masuki

Maximum Mask AKA Maxi.

Masuki is probably a side character.

Actually, he's Maximum Kamen (meaning "Mask") with Kamen being written in Kanji. So, I guess Masuki must be someone else o-o

Maybe has a voice for when he's Masuki, and when's he Maximum Mask???

Like, a secret identity or something? Be pretty sweet!

Masuki (マスキ) =/= Maxi (マキシ)

And Masuki (マスキ) =/= Mask (マスク)

So, Masuki is a completely different person. Either a COTD or a Maxi's sidekick (judge or something).

Maxim is right XD
So yeah probably a judge or random character
Is the Croagunk festival a tournament or something like that? if so maybe Masuki and Hiroki are characters who also participate

Um, the people that swept those matches aren't the main character. It's boring to have the main character win effortlessly ALL THE TIME.

While your basic point is true (just look at one Yuki Judai), Ash is overdue for a straight up win in a Gym Battle, something he hasn't had since... Spenser, I think.

Why is it taking so long for the title for 84 to come out? I think it will be the Swinub or Gliscor one.

Heck, DP 83 is only scheduled to air on 19th June. I figured that we'd get 84's title by now, seeing as it's already less than a month to that episode. Maybe we'll just have to wait a little longer... =/

Tetsu Inada, who voices Maxi, also plays Mr. 1 from One Piece, Love Aikawa (0.o) from Bleach, and various other MANLY characters.

:)

There are only what...2 unannounced titles before the movie? We know one of them is going to be a Swinub capture episode anyway, so its not anything we don't know is already coming.

Looks like I *was* right to worry about Ash's battle at the Pastoria Gym, if that preview was any indication. From the sound of it, Bouysel may be looking for glory first and foremost, and not realizing that he's part of a team. That's not good news even under the best of circumstances, and Ash is about to stare down a *very* confident Crasher Wake(who likely has some valid reasons to be that way in the first place, meaning Ash will have to go in *really* ready or else be swept out the gym with the evening tide).

When you add that to the probability that all of Wake's pokemon will have one way or another to deal with their weaknesses(Gyarados's myriad pletora of techs, Quagsire's Sludge Bomb and double immunities, and Floatzel's Ice Fang, amazing speed, and speed attacks), and the reality that Wake will be looking to bust out the Brine at the best possible moment for himself(like any good luchadore; keep your signature move holstered until the time is right), it looks like Ash is going to be in for a bruising loss yet *again* barring some miracle(or worse, a DEM).

What was that about this gym being the one place where Ash shouldn't have any trouble? It would seem that Ash is about to be in for a very hefty tanker-load of it.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom