• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite Diamond and Ubiquitous Pearl. Cool, but a bit wordy. I'm gonna do some research, try to find some technical space-time terms that would fit and sound nice.

EDIT: I got nothin.

Last edited:
Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl. Obviously referring to both how time has no end and the vastness of space. Then for Gen. V remakes, it'd be the obvious Yin Black and Yang White (or is it the other way around?). As for Gen. VI remakes... I've got nothing.

Oh, and as a bonus: Oblivion Platinum. I wanted to do Damned Platinum, but the "think of the children!" watchdogs would never allow it.

"Stellar Diamond" and "Solar Pearl," since time and space were both created simultaneously during the Big Bang, and it would also tie into the light theme I mentioned earlier.
Another idea I just had is that Dialga and Palkia could receive the treatment Giratina got in Platinum, since they have their own pocket dimensions, and they could receive new formes with new abilities. These games could involve battling Dialga/Palkia in their own dimensions with their formes (which would look really cool with the 3D). Giratina and Arceus could get a Delta Epsiode-style post-game story.

Sigma Diamond, Gamma Pearl. Why? Because Greek letters sound cool, who cares why? Okay, that probably won't be good enough since these kinds of things need double meanings. ...

I dunno if "stellar" and "solar" would cut it, though. Since "solar" refers to the sun, which is a star and therefore "stellar," it'd be hard to pull a contrasting duality out of that. Maybe Lunar Diamond and Solar Pearl would work better... not that I have any idea what the creation duo would have to do with the sun and moon here.

Oh, maybe Twilight Diamond and Daybreak Pearl. Yeah, I like the sound of those! Still have no clue why Dialga and Palkia would be associated with day and night cycles.

Chronic Diamond and Stellar Pearl could also work, but "Chronic" might remind people of a phrase like "chronic illness." Still, both have some more obvious connections to their mascot Pokemon than fancy words for day, night, and large orbs in the sky.

Last edited:
What about

Time Diamond and Astro Pearl?
Chrono Diamond and Space Pearl?
Nano Diamond and Matter Pearl

ChocolateDiamond, VanillaPearl, and StrawberryPlatinum. Because chocolate diamonds kinda exist(through sleazy marketing), and I'm craving neopolitan ice cream right now.

I think TemporalDiamond and SpacialPearl sound more fitting, though. Also, I have a sneaky suspicion that we would get a post-game storyline for Giratina like Rayquaza did in ORAS to compensate for the 3rd version.

So far they have all been opposite.
Firered and leafgreen are elements.
Heartgold and Soulsilver are the idea of Life vs Conciousness.
Alpha and Omega are opposites in the Greek Alphabet.

What about the same idea for Diamond and Pearl remakes? All I have seen so far are things that either describe a legendary or a diamond or pearl, or maybe it sounds cool.

StrengthDiamond
DexterousPearl

Chrono Diamond & Geo Pearl

The real Greek word for 'space' is 'choros' or 'topos', depending on meaning, but neither sounds great. "Diastema" would be the most accurate though, but again doesn't sound great ^^

Dust Diamond and Powder Pearl.

More seriously, though, Primal Diamond and Final Pearl.

I was hoping for Chaos Diamond and Order Pearl.

Also, along with what skyline said, if these remakes are in a future generation, add Xerneas/Yveltal depending on the version, and you'll probably need both of them to get Zygarde.

I'd als oreally like to see a "Distortion Episode" postgame, involving Giratina and its world.

I remember one post like a year ago on this forum that suggested "Hat Diamond" and "Shoe Pearl". Honestly, those sound pretty appealing to me.

Got one that's sort of mathy to fit the whole space-time thing: Infinite Diamond and Absolute Pearl. ∞D and |P| lol. I've seen a lot of other people suggest infinite as well, but it's always paired with something similar like eternal.

So, Sinnoh remakes are probably still a few years away or so, but it doesn't hurt to start wondering about them, especially if you're a big Sinnoh fan like me! And people have also been speculating the name of XY's anticipated followup/sequel/whichever.

What do you think the Sinnoh remakes could or should be called?

I just now came up with an idea, so I thought of this thread too. I'm thinking Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl. These sound so pretty. :3 Some guys might think they sound girly or something, but hey, diamonds and pearls are often women's jewelry... lol

Sounds like a good start to come up with names. However I don't think it will be a few years. Seems logical that they will because they remade Gen 1 and 2 and 3. However You might want to consider the only reason that they did the remakes was because of money and because people couldn't buy and or play those versions anymore on any current system. And it's probably unlikely for the majority to have those games and systems laying around somewhere to go play. Also they wanted them compatible with current game engines and Pokemon numbers. And since DS games can be played on the New Nintendo 3DS and the standard Nintendo 3DS it's unlikely they will remake them until they move onto a new system that can't play "DS" games.

Rumors and statements by Nintendo strongly suggest they are remaking Pokemon Special Pikachu Addition Yellow Version and making the story focus on Mewtwo.

Just a heads up.

Anyway Sinnoh names could be Diamond Cutter and Shining Pearl. OR maybe Light Diamond and Pearl Sphere?

Sinnoh Remakes discussion

Probably the Sinnoh remakes will be made a when new system were realesed, since DPP are playable in 3ds.
Take it in account, I speculate it would be in the Eight or Ninth generation. Probably the new console will be compatible with the 3ds ones, but the remakes will be a revamp with much better graphs, mechanincs updates and fast pacing. And i particularly would like it will be before a Kanto remake, but some people think Kanto should be before because its older than Sinnoh and its console is gba.

Anyway, many features will need a updated, but I would like especially to see this in Sinnoh:
-Elements of Platinum, especially the distortion world and Giratina. It dont need to be in the main game, but a post game, similar to Delta Episode.

-Expand Cinthya charater, background, role, everything. She’s fantastic and i want to know more about her. Why she loves mythology so much? She could be a archaeologist, a history teacher, a geologist, a museum curator. Dont know.

-A better role to Jasmine, besides just being there. She can introduce the mega stones, the same way Steven did, and be a secondary recurring charater like Cinthya, but with minor importance.

-Battle Frontier. Just it.

-A post game plot envolving Arceus as well.

-In Amity Square, be allowed to walk and interact with all pokemons. This place can be an optional moment to briefly re experience pokemon following the trainer again.

-Improve team Galactic motivations and plans. Why they drained the lake and steal determinated people? This need to make more sense.

-New mega evolutions. Mega for the starters. Mega for the versions exclusives Dialga and Palkia; Honchnow and Mismagius. And I personaly wish mega evolutions to Froslass, Togekiss, Carnivine, Girafarig.

What are your thoughts, wishlist, ideas, or what you think the remakes will need to improve?

Re: Sinnoh Remakes discussion

Anyway, many features will need a updated, but I would like especially to see this in Sinnoh:
-Elements of Platinum, especially the distortion world and Giratina. It dont need to be in the main game, but a post game, similar to Delta Episode.

I have a feeling we're not going to see the Distortion World again. It must've been a nightmare to program in the first place with all of the antigravity, and now with 3D graphics? I'd genuinely be impressed if they could squeeze it in.

-A better role to Jasmine, besides just being there. She can introduce the mega stones, the same way Steven did, and be a secondary recurring charater like Cinthya, but with minor importance.

Jasmine's meant to be an Easter Egg character basically, they could give her a little more importance, but they're probably not going to make her that significant a character. Mega Stones will probably be introduced by someone like Cynthia or Prof. Rowan (Celestic Town sounds about right in DP).

-Battle Frontier. Just it.

If they didn't include the Battle Frontier in the region where it was first introduced and heavily marketed, they probably won't in this game either. Unless they change their tune about the whole "kids don't have time for video games" thing, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

-In Amity Square, be allowed to walk and interact with all pokemons. This place can be an optional moment to briefly re experience pokemon following the trainer again.

Again, a nightmare to program in 3D.

I would like to see Sinnoh remade at some point. Sinnoh gym leaders rematches have mega evolutions. Elite Four and Champion have megas in rematches. Distortion World would return in the post game involving Arceus which would be catchable with out event. Battle Frontier is unlikely to return so Battle Maison takes it place with a model of a facility teasing us on the battle frontier like they did in ORAS. New megas for pokemon especially Starters. Arceus gains a new form or a variation of mega evolution so that it regains its number 1 position again. Dialga and Palkia would new forms or variation of mega evolution with their orbs. Same goes for Giratina. Rival would use mega evolution.

Honestly, all I want is for them to re-adapt the 3rd Version proper next time. Platinum was the definitive experience in a number of ways, even more than Emerald was to RS because of what it brought to Sinnoh. If they give it the ORAS treatment, things could be even more jarring and disappointing...Sadly I could see them trimming down the Region because of how much there is to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom