• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sounding Board 2.0 - Post & Discuss Your RP Ideas!

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
This was mentioned in the section idea thread, and I think this would go a long way in making RPs easier to create and dive into.

Have any ideas for an RP? Post them here and discuss them with others. Use this as a place to throw your ideas around and check for interest on them. Don't be afraid to just spitball basic concepts; the point of this thread is to simply put things out there in the open for others to express their opinion on and maybe even build upon.

As obvious as this may be, it must be stated that you must be civil. Follow the rules the moderators have set in place.

Now, let those gears turn.

Fine then, I'll pitch in and put the first idea in. So for the last few days I've been having an idea for an RP that's kind of like Scooby Doo, it basically centers around a school club of teenagers that go around searching for abnormal stuff around their town or city but always end up getting stuck in crazy situations.

That sounds pretty cool @Flaze ;

My idea is pretty rough and still needs developing - but I had this idea based off journey RPs. So it wouldn't involve Pokemon, and it would be set in the real world. The characters are more like explorers (essentially normal people), and go off travelling around the world, visiting countries. In each country they go to, something always happens (classic example of treasure hunting in Egypt and a whole mummy plot line). Sometimes they could work for clients, other times for themselves. It's pretty minimal right now as it was just a random idea that popped up in my head.

Again, I completely understand how much time it'd take to plan - but I do love merticulous outlines that allow a sort of backbone for an RPs direction.

Plus this was just an idea that I had about 30 minutes ago. If I come up with a couple more countries and examples, I'll post them and if anything comes about from that then so be it :)

Is that a thing you're going to do personally, or just an RP you want to see? Because I know a lot about a lot of countries. Like Canada has a desert.

I'd love to have my own RP, but I'm probably still too new and don't really know all the ropes yet. I'd love to take an active part in helping to make the RP with another person/people. I think it could be a pretty good RP.

I'd love to have my own RP, but I'm probably still too new and don't really know all the ropes yet.

Experience is only gained through trial and error. Starting your own RP or co-GMing one will help you dive in and learn. The most important thing for a GM to know is the direction of their RP and how fun it is for their players.

And don't be afraid to ask questions, but that's a given.

Fine then, I'll pitch in and put the first idea in. So for the last few days I've been having an idea for an RP that's kind of like Scooby Doo, it basically centers around a school club of teenagers that go around searching for abnormal stuff around their town or city but always end up getting stuck in crazy situations.

Haze, this idea sounds like Paranatural xD

Haze, this idea sounds like Paranatural xD
To be fair, Paranatural was largely inspired by works that feature kids going on supernatural adventures (e.g. Scooby Doo, Bailey School Kids, Gravity Falls).

I know this sounds silly since we're in a Pokémon forum, but has anyone ever thought of doing a Digimon themed RP? I remember the days when I couldn’t wait to get back from school and sit down on the sofa in our living room to watch the next episode of Digimon, and to be honest, I kinda miss the show. Boy, those were times of true bliss.

I imagined it would pretty much be like a Pokémon journey RP, but I dunno man. I never participated in a Digimon RP before.

I know this sounds silly since we're in a Pokémon forum, but has anyone ever thought of doing a Digimon themed RP? I remember the days when I couldn’t wait to get back from school and sit down on the sofa in our living room to watch the next episode of Digimon, and to be honest, I kinda miss the show. Boy, those were times of true bliss.

I imagined it would pretty much be like a Pokémon journey RP, but I dunno man. I never participated in a Digimon RP before.

It's been done before, though in my experience only once. Pretty sure the veterans can tell you otherwise.

Hello all. I figure this would be the place to put any ideas I have. They're PRP only, but why not?

1 forbidden romance- human x angel. This is an idea I've had fail on me twice but perhaps it will work a third time? Basically a guardian angel is out to watch my character and help her when the situations call. However , during one of those times, I imagine the angel makes a slip-up and my character notices, the angel starts falling for my character while protecting her, or something completely different, I'm open to any plot ideas.

2. Online romance. This is another one I've attempted in the past. Two people meet on a dating site and begin to fall in love. No big deal right? Not unless one or both are hiding very dark secrets. This can go in a variety of directions and I would prefer to play the female. If not, I'll attempt to do a male character. This can also be fantasy (like vampire, werewolf, mythical creature or person, etc.)

That sounds rad! Would you have the players following the route of the show? And I'm assuming that You're talking about the first season right? I'd be wiling to help if you're looking for a Co-GM

On an unrelated note, would anyone be interested in a Steven Universe RP? Just a thought.

In regards to that, I'm not very sure how a Digimon RP would work out xD I lvoe every series of it too and I had an idea for one myself. Though my idea had more to do with hackers and the like. It was that the characters would be part of a special government division composed of teenagers and their digimon known as the hackers and they would have to deal with the multiple digimon that break into the human world known as crackers. It's kind of like tamers mostly to be honest for anyone that saw that one.

@Flaze My idea is kinda similar to yours, but its more like a crossover between a typical academy RP and Digimon. If I were to combine your idea and mine, it would be like this:

There's a boarding school run by the government. This school is actually a disguise to find students with the potential to be a Tamer. Once found, the student will be moved to a special dorm filled with another student like him/her and is given a special training to become a Hacker, a Tamer specialized in dispatching Digimons that break into our world, known as Cracker. The focus is the RP is not only the Digimon and Digital World, but the school life and interactions between RPers. Kinda like Persona, but with Digimon.

How's that sound?

@Yun well, I'm kinda new here. I had no idea a Digimon RP had been done here before. Was it fun?

@Meyneth Thanks, I'll be sure to talk to you when I need a co-gm! :) and yeah, at first I thought it would be like the first season, but I think we have more than enough journey RP here, sooooo...

Hello all. I figure this would be the place to put any ideas I have. They're PRP only, but why not?

1 forbidden romance- human x angel. This is an idea I've had fail on me twice but perhaps it will work a third time? Basically a guardian angel is out to watch my character and help her when the situations call. However , during one of those times, I imagine the angel makes a slip-up and my character notices, the angel starts falling for my character while protecting her, or something completely different, I'm open to any plot ideas.

If there wasn't already a human and mermaid thing going on, I'd agree to this.

We could possibly make an RP on people called Elemental Magicians. For suppose kids are already born with the capacity of using their brains to a 100 percent instead of 10 and hence are able to control various elements- Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Ice , Thunder, Darkness and Light.( Kinda sounds like Pokémon types, eh?). They all have the power of controlling one element of the eight. Just one to every person.

We could possibly make an RP on people called Elemental Magicians. For suppose kids are already born with the capacity of using their brains to a 100 percent instead of 10 and hence are able to control various elements- Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Ice , Thunder, Darkness and Light.( Kinda sounds like Pokémon types, eh?). They all have the power of controlling one element of the eight. Just one to every person.

Sounds simple and doable. Take it, run with it.

Back
Top Bottom