• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

This is starting to annoy me, Double edge is a normal type move and Gallade is a psychic fighting type Pokemon. Every time people have Pokemon use double edge on Gallade, it comes out as a super effective hit even though it shouldn't be very effective and knocking out Gallade. How is double edge being a normal type move being super effective on Gallade or any fighting type Pokemon?

This is starting to annoy me, Double edge is a normal type move and Gallade is a psychic fighting type Pokemon. Every time people have Pokemon use double edge on Gallade, it comes out as a super effective hit even though it shouldn't be very effective and knocking out Gallade. How is double edge being a normal type move being super effective on Gallade or any fighting type Pokemon?

Were they by any chance using a Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir/Altaria? These Pokemon have the Pixilate ability which causes Normal typed moves to do Fairy damage (including being SE on Fighting types).

Were they by any chance using a Sylveon or Mega Gardevoir/Altaria? These Pokemon have the Pixilate ability which causes Normal typed moves to do Fairy damage (including being SE on Fighting types).

They aren't any of those Pokemon. I got them from Slamence and Kengikan.

Were you in Battle Spot, and did you pick "Special"? It's currently an Inverse Battle, so type matchups are reversed. That could be what's confusing you. Not only that, under normal circumstances, Normal type attacks do normal damage to Fighting types. They always have. I don't know where you got the idea they aren't very effective. Also, an Aerilate-boosted Double-Edge from a Mega Salamence or Mega Pinsir would indeed be super-effective, since Aerilate changes Normal moves to Flying moves.

I have been playing pokemon since I was four and I have always found Charizard to be a hardcore pokemon! However, I currently prefer to pick either Venusaur or Blastoise do to how useful they can be in battle! Charizard is ok in battle, but I am begining to notice how quick he can go down!
Is it Charizard or me?
Charizard's Mega forms are both awesome. His regular form can indeed go down quickly. Although if you're just playing in-game and not online or in the Battle Maison it doesn't matter a whole lot, as mentioned.

Last edited:

They aren't any of those Pokemon. I got them from Slamence and Kengikan.
Was it Mega Salamence? It has Aerilate which turns Normal type moves into Flying type, so Double Edge becomes Flying type which Gallade is weak to because of its Fighting typing. M-Kangaskhan doesn't have it, but she has Parental Bond which makes moves very powerful because of the second hit that deals half the damage of the first hit, it makes it seems it was a super effective hit.

a simple question:

How many Pokemon we have that are having this stat:

1. attack>sp. attack ; 2. attack<sp.attack and 3. attack = sp. attack?

we have something like 600 moves, 160 special based damage dealing ones and 240 physical ones.

It is not specifically related to game but I think here is the correct place to ask this.

Slowpoke evolves into Slowking if it is traded while holding a King's rock. Does it count if I trade a Slowpoke but give King's rock after trade?
It only evolves into Slowking if it's holding the King's Rock while trading and not after.

Does anyone know someone who has obtained all of Vivillon's patterns? Just out of curiosity not for trading purposes.

Does anyone know someone who has obtained all of Vivillon's patterns? Just out of curiosity not for trading purposes.

I know of a couple of people who managed to obtain them all through GTS (admittedly, they mentioned that it was a terrible pain to do so). And I'm sure there's plenty of popular YTers/Twitch streamers that have obtained them all from their followers, especially since there have been organized Vivillon WT efforts.

I myself have gotten all the patterns, via trading, catching myself, and the two event ones from their events. If you'd like to collect them, Id suggest asking in the trade section here for patterns you dont have.

can somebody make a Poll not only about the best pokemon games?
but also
"Is generation VI a better improvemnt in comparision to gen V"?
Some old generations will always win with new ones when it goes about the amount of pokemon, and realization of gyms, moves and o on.

can somebody make a Poll not only about the best pokemon games?
but also
"Is generation VI a better improvemnt in comparision to gen V"?
Some old generations will always win with new ones when it goes about the amount of pokemon, and realization of gyms, moves and o on.

I have it on good authority...

That someone will make a poll...

And that someone...

Will be you!

Quick question about Vivillon patterns. Will any Scatterbug you have/recieve evolve into the Vivillon pattern of your specific games region, or into the pattern or the region it originated from?

Quick question about Vivillon patterns. Will any Scatterbug you have/recieve evolve into the Vivillon pattern of your specific games region, or into the pattern or the region it originated from?

It evolves to the pattern from the game it originated from.

It evolves to the pattern from the game it originated from.

So all those random EU/JPN bugs I have will most likely all be different?

Depends what patterns the country has that they came from, you might end up getting a few with the same pattern, you'll have to evolve them all to find out.

Is there a complete list of the Pokémon that are Shiny-locked in OR/AS? So far, I know that the weather trio, Deoxys, and the Cosplay Pikachu are Shiny locked (conversely, I know that the starters, the Regis, the legendaries that come out of Hoopa hoops, and the Weather Institute Castform are not Shiny-locked), but I'm wondering about stuff like...

-The uncatchable Poochyena that chases Birch (because believe you me, I have heard the horror stories from the originals!), and that one Wurmple the game forces you to encounter for some strange reason.
-Any of the Devon Scope Kecleon.
-The fake item ball Voltorb/Electrode.
-Any of the fixed DexNav encounters (elemental fang Poochyena, Charm Zigzagoon, Fell Stinger Surskit, etc.).
-Wally's Ralts and/or the Zigzagoon Norman lends him.
-The Wynaut and Togepi Eggs in Lavaridge.
-The Camerupt and Sharpedo you get given in the Battle Resort.

Best Places To Train In Pokemon Black?

Hey, guys. I've finished the main storyline, and I've got some pretty strong Pokemon on my roster. I'm now just trying to fill up my Pokedex, and I'm trying to evolve my Zwelious (LVL57) into a Hydregion. (Evolves at LVL72) Where are the best places to train?

Re: Best Places To Train In Pokemon Black?

Royal Unova once per evening.
Eastern routes (11,12,13,14,15)

BTW DeinoGirl, Zweilous evolves into Hydreigon at lv 64, not 72.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom