• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still firmly believe the next game will be centred around redemption and the new Zygarde form sort of proves it.

It looks sorta humanoid, Zygarde is the embodiment of the ecosystem, and humans are currently the most dangerous threat to the ecosystem. Humans are now currently trying to fix what we did during industrialization and the shown Zygarde forme could be its 'recreation' forme.

Of course only one forme is shown, are there more or just the one? Is it a fusion/forme/mega/primal?

I still think that it's a given that a new main series entry won't be released this year, but with The Pokémon Company starting to tease things now, I think an announcement before the end of 2015 is very likely.
Imagine if GameFreak unveiled the new game at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships next month, then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

*cues Poke-fandom explosion*

This is what's literally going through my head right now at 100 mph:

Zygarde: ".... I am Groot. I AM GROOOOOOT."

then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

Well that's a question I would like to pose to everyone then.

Say the game has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary aside from it being a Pokemon game. Do you still want it released sometime in Spring of 2016, or are you all still Pokemon'd out, and would prefer to wait until the Fall of 2016?

Myself, I would love to see it in February/Spring rather than wait until the Fall.

Assuming the movie will promote Zygarde's new form (?) (possibly even Volcanion's, who knows) much like the Keldeo/Kyurem movie promoted Kyurem's and Keldeo's new forms from B2W2, then the game will obviously have to be released before July, which is when the next movie will air.

I still think that it's a given that a new main series entry won't be released this year, but with The Pokémon Company starting to tease things now, I think an announcement before the end of 2015 is very likely.
Imagine if GameFreak unveiled the new game at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships next month, then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

I think that is a given at this point. Going straight to a forme tease for the next movie stinger has never happened. This is the first time something is getting teased through the movies directly, so I think its to build up for an announcement next mont. What really is throwing me for a loop is Zygarde, and this is Zygarde random Hexagons are lit up in pic 3, having a head diamond much like Kyurem. Say what you want, but legendaries never had similarities or common characteristics unless connected. If they actually go through with somehow tying the two regions together lore together, past and present, gen 6 is redeemed by far. Its one thing I will always not let down.

then released it worldwide in February 2016 for the 20th anniversary? That'd be pretty neat.

Say the game has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary aside from it being a Pokemon game. Do you still want it released sometime in Spring of 2016, or are you all still Pokemon'd out, and would prefer to wait until the Fall of 2016?

Myself, I would love to see it in February/Spring rather than wait until the Fall.

Honestly.....as lame as it is I'd rather wait until at least late Summer/early Fall.....I can't say I'm Pokemon'd out necessarily, but I certainly think it would b for the best to put as much time as possible between ORAS and this new game. I feel like it would make people actually feel excited and want to play a new game rather than it just being the next game in the line up if we wait. That being said I wouldn't complain if it came earlier lol

I think that is a given at this point. Going straight to a forme tease for the next movie stinger has never happened. This is the first time something is getting teased through the movies directly, so I think its to build up for an announcement next mont. What really is throwing me for a loop is Zygarde, and this is Zygarde random Hexagons are lit up in pic 3, having a head diamond much like Kyurem. Say what you want, but legendaries never had similarities or common characteristics unless connected. If they actually go through with somehow tying the two regions together lore together, past and present, gen 6 is redeemed by far. Its one thing I will always not let down.

What's got me is how Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves fits into it. Also, because it almost looks humanoid, does it loose its Dragon typing and have it replaced with something else? Because of its massive size, are we perhaps looking at another Primal as opposed to a regular Mega or new Forme?

Even if the game has nothing specially themed around the anniversary (as in, it isn't a return to Kanto or anything like that), if The Pokémon Company are planning on doing any promotion for the 20th anniversary, I imagine a new game to be a big part of it. I think it would be in Nintendo Japan's interest to launch a new game in the first quarter as well, due to Level-5 launching Yo-Kai Watch 3 in the summer.

The silhouette turns out to be Green Kyurem from Pokémon Black Version 3/White Version 3, which will be directed by Takao Unno. I would genuinely love that.

What's got me is how Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves fits into it. Also, because it almost looks humanoid, does it loose its Dragon typing and have it replaced with something else? Because of its massive size, are we perhaps looking at another Primal as opposed to a regular Mega or new Forme?

What if it doesn't lose a type but just gain one instead. Trick or treat showed this was possible. Plus that would be a surprise.

Thinking about it I suppose Young Zygarde hiding away in a cave makes sense, if this is what its true form is like. It makes Young Zygarde a sort of cocoon in a way, like how Yveltal had a cocoon and Xerneas became the tree. All three are like forms of stasis they wait in.

One thing to remember: Black & White Kyurem were announced as "new" Pokemon when they were first revealed, and so was Mega Mewtwo Y during the buildup to the Genesect movie. On that basis, I'm a bit hesitant to straight away believe it's a new Pokemon. Though looking at it...it's not like anything we've seen before. It'd be interesting if it actually was a Zygarde mega evolution.

My last idea is that it may be the guardian Pokemon spoken of in the Strange Souvenir.

I really hope Game Freak does something unique this time around. BW2 were such a breath of fresh air for the franchise because they weren't simple rehashes. With the longer development they'll have no excuse for not giving it their all. I hope Kalos gets a huge expansion, the story is better, the difficulty is higher, and that customization is expanded.

I saw this interesting theory on r/Pokemon...

Okay, so, I had hopped on the whole "It's probably a new Zygarde forme" train and was ready to roll with it until I noticed something that looked slightly familiar...

Those glowing eyes, that glowing diamond on the forehead, where had I seen that before...?
Wait a minute...

If I'm actually on to something here, that colossal figure in the picture may very well be the completed Ultimate Dragon we heard so much about in Unova, the Tao Trio finally reunited into their true awe-inspiring form.

This thing would be a god in its own right, a being that shaped Unova with such tremendous power, and it will be reflected in-game with a potential 780+ BST if it is indeed a Primal Reversion like I predict it to be.

He links to the CoroCoro image... http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-08_01.jpg
And then the opening to Black/White 2... Pokemon Black and White 2 Intro/Title Screen (Both side-by-side) - YouTube

Okay, so, I had hopped on the whole "It's probably a new Zygarde forme" train and was ready to roll with it until I noticed something that looked slightly familiar...

Those glowing eyes, that glowing diamond on the forehead, where had I seen that before...?
Wait a minute...

If I'm actually on to something here, that colossal figure in the picture may very well be the completed Ultimate Dragon we heard so much about in Unova, the Tao Trio finally reunited into their true awe-inspiring form.

This thing would be a god in its own right, a being that shaped Unova with such tremendous power, and it will be reflected in-game with a potential 780+ BST if it is indeed a Primal Reversion like I predict it to be.

He links to the CoroCoro image... http://pokejungle.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-08_01.jpg
And then the opening to Black/White 2... Pokemon Black and White 2 Intro/Title Screen (Both side-by-side) - YouTube

Then how does Zygarde factor in? Because it has too many shared features/shared style with Zygarde for it not to be related. Plus, as I said in an earlier post, Zygarde has those same glowing parts as the thing in the teaser (see below) they've just expanded it to its whole eyes instead of the one lone hexagon.

pokemon-x-y-zygarde-location-catching.jpg

Even if the game has nothing specially themed around the anniversary (as in, it isn't a return to Kanto or anything like that), if The Pokémon Company are planning on doing any promotion for the 20th anniversary, I imagine a new game to be a big part of it. I think it would be in Nintendo Japan's interest to launch a new game in the first quarter as well, due to Level-5 launching Yo-Kai Watch 3 in the summer.

The silhouette turns out to be Green Kyurem from Pokémon Black Version 3/White Version 3, which will be directed by Takao Unno. I would genuinely love that.
Green Kyurem? Why not. Throw in an unova post league story and we got a party going on.

Wait a minute...

Even though it'd be neat to see the Original Dragon, why would we go back to that trio now? We just finished Generation 5, we're in Generation 6, and BW/B2W2 remakes aren't happening anytime soon. The whole "it's the Original Dragon!11111" makes no sense at all. Generation 5 will probably get its time again, just not now.

Primal would be good we have a red orb and a blue orb now why not a green orb with a zeta symbol on it? (and even call it pokemon Zeta) plus if it were to protect the eco system why would it need a humans help for that (i.e mega evolution) it should take the power of nature itself to fix what humans broke (primal devolution)

edit: what if mega evolution is bad for the enviroment? :O

Last edited:
Thinking about it I suppose Young Zygarde hiding away in a cave makes sense, if this is what its true form is like. It makes Young Zygarde a sort of cocoon in a way, like how Yveltal had a cocoon and Xerneas became the tree. All three are like forms of stasis they wait in.

This just gave me an idea.

What if what we're seeing is
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde merged into one huge monster?

That would definitely be something they've never done before. And it would be amazing. It makes sense, because you need both life and death to regulate a stable ecosystem, which is something that Zygarde is supposed to fix.

This just gave me an idea.

What if what we're seeing is
Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde merged into one huge monster?

That would definitely be something they've never done before. And it would be amazing. It makes sense, because you need both life and death to regulate a stable ecosystem, which is something that Zygarde is supposed to fix.

We've seen that before kyruum. Kyruum when fully combined is supposed to have truths and ideals and some kind of yin yang stuff >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom