• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XY085: A Broken Twig and a Broken Heart! Tairenar's Strong Feelings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
XY085: A Broken Twig and a Broken Heart! Tairenar's Strong Feelings!!
Airs: August 20

Here are some images from the episode.

NWgjntE.png
71t1CBG.png

Here are some summaries of the episode courtesy of Dephender.

Braixen's twig ends up breaking during a practice for a new performance. Serena's Pancham and the other Pokémon start searching for a new twig for the depressed Braixen, but...

Braixen's beloved twig breaks!
Braixen have twigs sticking out of their tails. These twigs are irreplaceable and very important to them, so this unfortunate accident becomes a very major deal!!

An accident during Pokémon performance practice!!
Braixen and Pancham are practicing a performance for their next Pokemon Showcase. But due to a minor failure, Braixen's twig ends up breaking!!

The twig is indispensable for the fire performance, but...
Whenever Braixen is about to use a move, it always readies its twig. Without the twig, it can't unleash its moves very well!

A man extremely choosy about his item choices! Mr. Choice comes to Braixen's rescue!?
Everyone searches for a new twig, but Braixen can't find any specific one it's satisfied with... But then a mysterious man shows up before the group...

If you look closely at Mr. Choice, he seems to resemble someone...?

There are some items you just can't do without!
Some items are so precious they just can't be replaced! These feelings are understandable, but...

Braixen got its choosiness from Serena...?
Why is Braixen not happy with anything other than the broken twig? What will Serena do after hearing Mr. Choice's advice...!?

Re: XY084: A Broken Twig: A Broken Heart! Tairenar's Strong Feelings!!

This seems to be... a James episode? Where are Jessie and Meowth?

Hopefully Braixen learns a new move here.

To me, it seems like Braixen will run away and James will take care of her in the meantime. Which means that all we're missing is James' bottlecap collection and Meowth's boss fantasies, and the true Team Rocket will finally be back for good.

I think so guess that Braixen will be upset, but she help with him. James will help or take care of her. I thought that true Team Rocket will finally be back for good and supports for his friends. I think so not sure, but that possible they are still steal or not drop means a like failure.

Wahay I can't wait to see Kojiro sort out the life of Tairenar, who for some reason happens to sound like his BFF?...

Well this episode was bound to happen. I'm happy we're getting some Braixen character development; it along with Pancham have been out of focus since her evolution.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has predicted that Braixen will either evolve or learn a new move (Psyshock?) because of this.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody has predicted that Braixen will either evolve or learn a new move (Psyshock?) because of this.

It's too early for Braixen to evolve and as shown in the preview, Braixen remains a Braixen in Serena's next showcase (which airs after this episode).

As for a new move, that would be lovely but I'm not getting my hopes up. Serena seems to just be polishing and fully utilizing what her Pokemon currently know, rather than trying to teach them new moves or battling with them to get experience to learn said moves.

Re: XY084: A Broken Twig and a Broken Heart! Tairenar's Strong Feelings!!

Right, I forgot about the other preview. Pokemon in the anime don't necessarily always learn new moves by traditionally battling though. Remember that Froakie learned Cut when it saved Pikachu from that falling log. Maybe Braixen ends up using telekinesis to fix its stick and learns a Psychic-type move as a result.

Right, I forgot about the other preview. Pokemon in the anime don't necessarily always learn new moves by traditionally battling though. Remember that Froakie learned Cut when it saved Pikachu from that falling log. Maybe Braixen ends up using telekinesis to fix its stick and learns a Psychic-type move as a result.

I like that theory! Hopefully, something like that ends up being the highlight of the episode.

Braixen is not evolving in this episode, but I hope the events in the episode set up its eventual evolution. Can't wait to see Delphox in the main cast.

I hope this means some development for Braixen. I won't evolve but maybe it will learn a move using the new twig.

Also curious how James will be involved in this and if Jessie and Meowth are working with (or against) him.

I hope this means some development for Braixen. I won't evolve but maybe it will learn a move using the new twig.

Also curious how James will be involved in this and if Jessie and Meowth are working with (or against) him.

I think so guess if Jessie and Meowth are working with or againts him. James need to advice her. James is good guy, he never mean all peoples or other. James is annoying with Jessie or Meowth like crazy.

I can't wait to see Kojro\ James is a good guy and he can help take care of her. But that possibly James actually steal or something.

I think Braixen learning a new move could work in this episode, at least it'd make more sense than her evolving. Seriously, she gets a new twig that she's happy with and evolves from that? That makes less sense than Clemont's Luxio evolving.

That being said, having read summaries, watched previews and seen other anime material I feel like I have a list of things that are likely to happen in this episode.

- While this may be very minor I think that Serena learns the next Showcase will be in Anstar City or Couriway Town. My initial thoughts going off the latest Data Broadcst Pokemon and the upcoming episodes preview is that Ash's Anistar Gym is right after the Eevee capture, then an episode regarding the sundial, followed by her next Showcase. I'm kind of basing it off how these previews tend to show events for the next ten episodes.

- I actually feel Pancham is going to be the one to break the twig. Going back to the upcoming episodes preview, the combination move they show is Pancham using Arm Thrust on Braixen's Flamethrower and punching through it. It's not that far of a stretch in my eyes to assume that they're trying to practice it here and they mess up, similarly to XY064.

- Based off one of the summaries it seems to me like James might mention something about how Braixen's twig may be irreplaceable to her, meaning Serena gives up on trying to find a new one because of how Braixen just doesn't want another one.

- Following from that, I'm pretty confident in saying that Serena will fix Braixen's twig by tying it together with a red ribbon. This is based off what I've noticed/had pointed out to me from both Gaogao All Stars and also in the recent preview (got a few ideas from that preview it seems, lol). You can see it a lot easier in Gaogao All Stars, there's a red ribbon/bow on Braixen's twig. It's not just in the part where they're all dressed up in those costumes, it's there every time you see Braixen and her twig is in the shot. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that if you pause the preview at the point where Braixen's performing you can see it as well. I'm sure they'll also test it out towards the end of the episode against Team Rocket or something to show it works perfectly fine, because anime. :p

I've seen that ribbon for a while now and it kept bugging me as to why it's there, this episode makes perfect sense for it to appear. I mean, it's not like tying broken parts together is something new or anything.

Last edited:

I think Braixen learning a new move could work in this episode, at least it'd make more sense than her evolving. Seriously, she gets a new twig that she's happy with and evolves from that? That makes less sense than Clemont's Luxio evolving.

That being said, having read summaries, watched previews and seen other anime material I feel like I have a list of things that are likely to happen in this episode.

- While this may be very minor I think that Serena learns the next Showcase will be in Anstar City or Couriway Town. My initial thoughts going off the latest Data Broadcst Pokemon and the upcoming episodes preview is that Ash's Anistar Gym is right after the Eevee capture, then an episode regarding the sundial, followed by her next Showcase. I'm kind of basing it off how these previews tend to show events for the next ten episodes.

- I actually feel Pancham is going to be the one to break the twig. Going back to the upcoming episodes preview, the combination move they show is Pancham using Arm Thrust on Braixen's Flamethrower and punching through it. It's not that far of a stretch in my eyes to assume that they're trying to practice it here and they mess up, similarly to XY064.

- Based off one of the summaries it seems to me like James might mention something about how Braixen's twig may be irreplaceable to her, meaning Serena gives up on trying to find a new one because of how Braixen just doesn't want another one.

- Following from that, I'm pretty confident in saying that Serena will fix Braixen's twig by tying it together with a red ribbon. This is based off what I've noticed/had pointed out to me from both Gaogao All Stars and also in the recent preview (got a few ideas from that preview it seems, lol). You can see it a lot easier in Gaogao All Stars, there's a red ribbon/bow on Braixen's twig. It's not just in the part where they're all dressed up in those costumes, it's there every time you see Braixen and her twig is in the shot. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that if you pause the preview at the point where Braixen's performing you can see it as well. I'm sure they'll also test it out towards the end of the episode against Team Rocket or something to show it works perfectly fine, because anime. :p

I've seen that ribbon for a while now and it kept bugging me as to why it's there, this episode makes perfect sense for it to appear. I mean, it's not like tying broken parts together is something new or anything.

I think so right that James actually helps or something it. Jessie takes meowth practice for a showcase.

JX7XJdr.png

Here is a new summary of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Braixen's twig ends up breaking during battle practice. Everyone searched for a replacement twig, but it appears the broken twig carried lots of precious memories for Braixen!?"
Top Blurb: "The beloved twig has broken. Now what!?"
Bottom Blurb: "Braixen looks really happy. Did it find a good twig!?

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto
Clemont: Yūki Kaji
Bonnie: Mariya Ise
Serena: Mayuki Makiguchi
Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani
Dedenne: Megumi Satō
Pancham: Noriko Shitaya
Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara
James: Shin'ichirō Miki
Meowth: Inuko Inuyama
Wobbuffet: Yuji Ueda
Nurse Joy: Chinatsu Akasaki
Jingoro: Hiroshi Ito
James's Mother: Mako Hyōdō
Gallade: Yuka Terasaki

Here are some new summaries of the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Braixen's stick has ended up breaking! The group searches for a replacement stick, but Braixen seems to be awfully choosey about its broken stick. But then, the one who comes forward upon seeing the grieving Braixen is...James!?

Ash and his friends continue their journey towards Anistar City. Serena is passionately training for the next Pokemon Showcase. But suddenly, Braixen's stick ends up breaking during practice. Everyone searches for a replacement stick, but Braixen seems to be choosey about its broken stick for some reason... What is the promise tied to Braixen's stick?

Hm...if James' mother is appearing, then perhaps, as the episode is about irreplaceable things, Jessie and/or Meowth broke one of James' precious items and he gets mad at them. He decides to cool off as he remembers the precious thing is from his mother as he remembers her. Then he sees Braxien all sad over her twig and tells Serena and Braxien about irreplaceable things which is how Braxien fixes her twig with a ribbon.

Then again, with how James' parents are...probably not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom