• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a casual player, I'm afraid to inform that I never really tell the difference between a character who was first available when the game came out, and after all the patches. They play the same to me, honestly. So I don't know much about "buffs" or "nerfs", other than the Nerf toys.

As a casual player, I'm afraid to inform that I never really tell the difference between a character who was first available when the game came out, and after all the patches. They play the same to me, honestly. So I don't know much about "buffs" or "nerfs", other than the Nerf toys.
The only people who even notice buffs and nerfs are obsessed competitive players who want to be the very best like no one ever was.

A new random, idea popped in my head. How about Yoshi with Baby Mario?

I think that'd be a bit too much, since you would make fighters actually hit Baby Mario...and... well....

Baby Mario has already been driving a car, throwing bombs and spiky shells, and been in numerous crashes involving lava in the Mario Kart series for years. Wrassling around with some Nintendo fighters would be fine.

I think that'd be a bit too much, since you would make fighters actually hit Baby Mario...and... well....

Baby Mario has already been driving a car, throwing bombs and spiky shells, and been in numerous crashes involving lava in the Mario Kart series for years. Wrassling around with some Nintendo fighters would be fine.

Besides, Yoshi's already playable.

The only people who even notice buffs and nerfs are obsessed competitive players who want to be the very best like no one ever was.

Unless they are very big/obvious ones for characters you regularly use. They finally got around to fixing Lucario's jab combo. It pissed me off sorely that the first hit sends your target just out of reach for the second jab making his standing combo useless. I'm liking that Lucina/Marth can go from Jab 1 to forward tilt without much difficulty, makes racking up damage easier.

Besides, Yoshi's already playable.

True. Like I said, random idea. I wouldn't put it at the top of any list.

My personal favorite set of picks are:

King K. Rool
Skull Kid w/ Majora's Mask
Toon Ganondorf
Tetra/Toon Zelda
Midna with or without Wolf Link
Ghirahim
Vaati
Impa
Sceptile
Sora
Rayman
Shovel Knight
Inkling
Professor Layton
Tails
Eggman/Doctor Robotnik
Waluigi
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Paper Mario
Bomberman
Dixie Kong
Cap Toad

I know it's too many lol. If I had to pick like, 5, it would maybe be like Shovel Knight, King K. Rool, Skull Kid, Sora, and Sceptile.

I'm liking that Lucina/Marth can go from Jab 1 to forward tilt without much difficulty, makes racking up damage easier.

As someone who mains Lucy / Marth, this is a HUGE buff. Going from Jab 1 to F-tilt also opens up the fakeout off this (Jab 1, they shield expecting F-tilt followup, you hit them with grab, pummel, pummel, d-throw, aerial)

As for the new character question, my top five is probably:

Shovel Knight
Bayonetta
Snake (I know this is 100% impossible but Snake was one of my favs in Brawl)
Rayman
Bomberman

I'm not really obsessed, even though I DO want to get pretty good, but Ike DID feel different when I first used him after the most recent patch. He felt BETTER.

I'm not really obsessed, even though I DO want to get pretty good, but Ike DID feel different when I first used him after the most recent patch. He felt BETTER.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm an extremely strong player (not like EVO level by any means but I win 75-80 of my For Glory matches) but not one that's on the tournament circuit. And yes, I could feel it as well (after Kelleo mentioned that Ike buff I took him out for a test drive again). Small changes (such as increased kill potential by as little as 3-4%) are quite noticeable for a character you main and play well.

Yeah, I especially noticed the change to Ike's dash attack. It can actually kill now!

My first ever replay: Green Team vs. Viridi!

[video=youtube;ae0baswPnJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0baswPnJ0[/video]

After seeing my friend's character select screen today I'm wondering. If they are going to put in more characters and stages as DLC how are they gonna fit them in the select screen? The icons are already kinda small so shrinking them may cause problems if they can do it at all.

After seeing my friend's character select screen today I'm wondering. If they are going to put in more characters and stages as DLC how are they gonna fit them in the select screen? The icons are already kinda small so shrinking them may cause problems if they can do it at all.

Put 'em on a separate screen, like they did with the DLC stages.

Put 'em on a separate screen, like they did with the DLC stages.

Yeah that could work. Just because they're on the same screen now doesn't mean they can't move to another one later. Heck when I first got the Miiverse stage it was on the same screen as the other stages but when I got more DLC stages they moved to a separate screen.

Last edited:
PAX 2015: Nintendo Confirms Shovel Knight Amiibo - IGN

Not saying this confirms anything, but this makes me think that getting Shovel Knight as a DLC playable character in Smash is now a bit more likely (AND NO ONE BELIEVED IN ME!)

Yeah, but the problem is that getting the amiibo is easier said that done if people love him a lot...I don't know much about Shovel Knight, so if he ends up being DLC, I'll get him if he's easy to handle like Pac-Man...actually, I'll get him regardless. It's the stages and characters I want.

Speaking of...what are the odds they'll release a "special edition" Smash Bros. for 3DS or Wii U in a year or two that'll contain all the DLC? Kinda doubtful since nothing is said, but I'm usually wrong.

Not saying this confirms anything, but this makes me think that getting Shovel Knight as a DLC playable character in Smash is now a bit more likely (AND NO ONE BELIEVED IN ME!)

Yeah, but the problem is that getting the amiibo is easier said that done if people love him a lot...I don't know much about Shovel Knight, so if he ends up being DLC, I'll get him if he's easy to handle like Pac-Man...actually, I'll get him regardless. It's the stages and characters I want.

Speaking of...what are the odds they'll release a "special edition" Smash Bros. for 3DS or Wii U in a year or two that'll contain all the DLC? Kinda doubtful since nothing is said, but I'm usually wrong.

I mocked up a moveset for Shovel Knight somewhere, but he would likely play somewhat like a cross between Mega Man and Link. Link for the sword (replace sword with shovel) and that Shovel Knight's specials and platforming style and size are similar to Mega Man.

My guess is that the shovel would lack reach (compared to the other swordsmen / swordswomen in game) but be quick to swing (or pack more power).

I dont think they'll do any sort of special edition. That's not something Nintendo has ever done as far as I'm aware.

I mocked up a moveset for Shovel Knight somewhere, but he would likely play somewhat like a cross between Mega Man and Link. Link for the sword (replace sword with shovel) and that Shovel Knight's specials and platforming style and size are similar to Mega Man.

My guess is that the shovel would lack reach (compared to the other swordsmen / swordswomen in game) but be quick to swing (or pack more power).

I dont think they'll do any sort of special edition. That's not something Nintendo has ever done as far as I'm aware.

Well, a while back Nintendo released a 3DS XL with New Super Mario Bros. 2 Special Edition preinstalled, which contains all the DLC levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom