• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Okay another question, sorry. With regards to Shedinja does it have the same IVs as the Nincada it came from? You know since the Nincada evolves into Ninjask and leaves behind Shedinja.

Funny, I just came here to ask a question about Shedinja too!

Does the Ball you catch/hatch Nincada in transfer to Shedinja when it evolves? Or does Shedinja just appear in a boring Pokeball? (Gen VI speaking.)

Does the Ball you catch/hatch Nincada in transfer to Shedinja when it evolves? Or does Shedinja just appear in a boring Pokeball? (Gen VI speaking.)
From the research i did, Gen 4 and onwards only in a regular pokeball. To have it in a different pokeball, you need to transfer one all the way from a Gen 3 game because in those games Shedinja pokeball will be a copy of the Nincada pokeball.

From the research i did, Gen 4 and onwards only in a regular pokeball. To have it in a different pokeball, you need to transfer one all the way from a Gen 3 game because in those games Shedinja pokeball will be a copy of the Nincada pokeball.

Bleh. That sucks. Moon Ball (if it was possible) would have looked very cool.

Well thanks for the answer! Guess I don't need to worry about the ball and can just breed any old Nincada.

Additionally, from Gen IV onwards Shedinja actually consumes one standard Poke Ball from your inventory to evolve.

Not entirely game related, but is there a thread on here where you can exchange friend codes? Needing more friend safari's, but I can't find a thread of that.

Help on island Cave

Hi, I'm having trouble getting into the Island Cave. How do you get in? I can't get to the lobby.

Re: Help on island Cave

Hi, I'm having trouble getting into the Island Cave. How do you get in? I can't get to the lobby.
First, you need to read the Braille Writing which says:
"Stop and wait unmoving as time passes you by twice."
You MUST stand in place for two minutes without moving until the rumbling activates the open door, it might take a few tries but basically you just need to stand in front of the Braille wall.

In pokemon xy, at Dendemille town, does the old lady who re-learn moves to your pokemon can re-learn ALL the moves your pokemon should have or not all of them?

In pokemon xy, at Dendemille town, does the old lady who re-learn moves to your pokemon can re-learn ALL the moves your pokemon should have or not all of them?

She can teach:
- Moves the Pokemon learns by level up (for its current evolutionary form)
- Egg moves that it hatched with (provided it is Gen 6 bred)

I'm still a little fuzzy on whether the Move Reminder can teach moves associated exclusively with previous evolutionary forms (like Riolu and Force Palm, as Lucario gets Power-Up Punch at that level instead) ....

She can teach:
- Moves the Pokemon learns by level up (for its current evolutionary form)
- Egg moves that it hatched with (provided it is Gen 6 bred)

I'm still a little fuzzy on whether the Move Reminder can teach moves associated exclusively with previous evolutionary forms (like Riolu and Force Palm, as Lucario gets Power-Up Punch at that level instead) ....

No, the Move Reminder can't teach moves that only previous forms get. If it could, I'd have been able to get Giga Drain on my Sceptile. Currently, they can only re-teach moves the current evolutionary form gets by level, moves that have access over all generations of a species, or egg moves the pokemon was hatched with. It can also re-teach event-exclusive moves to even pokemon.

In ORAS, what does the capture screen look like for Pokemon obtained in RSE? Does it say that the Pokemon traveled through both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region? Or something else...

You MUST stand in place for two minutes without moving until the rumbling activates the open door, it might take a few tries but basically you just need to stand in front of the Braille wall.

I guess I phrased it wrong. A door isn't even showing up so I can go inside and see to the Braille wall. I've beat the Elite Four twice, and I've caught the Lake Gaurdians, Palkia, etc. What should i do?

I guess I phrased it wrong. A door isn't even showing up so I can go inside and see to the Braille wall. I've beat the Elite Four twice, and I've caught the Lake Gaurdians, Palkia, etc. What should i do?

Before any of the Golems doors will open, you need to go to the Secret Chamber by Slateport. It's a water route and you'll need Dive. From there, it's kind of a big puzzle you need to go through, as you'll need a Wailord and Relicanth, and a Pokemon that knows Dig. There are two chambers. The first chamber you're required to use dig in a specific location, and in the second chamber you need Relicanth at the top of your party and Wailord at the bottom. After you complete the two puzzles, THEN you should be able to access Regice and the others.

While I can't remember exactly where you're supposed to stand and use Dig, nor can I read braille, you can likely find the translations on the wiki page for Sealed Chamber.

No, the Move Reminder can't teach moves that only previous forms get. If it could, I'd have been able to get Giga Drain on my Sceptile. Currently, they can only re-teach moves the current evolutionary form gets by level, moves that have access over all generations of a species, or egg moves the pokemon was hatched with. It can also re-teach event-exclusive moves to even pokemon.

I'd have to look it up and experiment, but I could swear the ORAS move reminder at least implied he could reteach some of the moves exclusive to previous evolutions (on the condition that the Pokemon actually had an opportunity to learn said move before evolving).

Before any of the Golems doors will open, you need to go to the Secret Chamber by Slateport. It's a water route and you'll need Dive. From there, it's kind of a big puzzle you need to go through, as you'll need a Wailord and Relicanth, and a Pokemon that knows Dig. There are two chambers. The first chamber you're required to use dig in a specific location, and in the second chamber you need Relicanth at the top of your party and Wailord at the bottom. After you complete the two puzzles, THEN you should be able to access Regice and the others.

While I can't remember exactly where you're supposed to stand and use Dig, nor can I read braille, you can likely find the translations on the wiki page for Sealed Chamber.

Awesome, thanks. Sounds complicated!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom