• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Random Messages Mafia! Endgame: Peace & Prosperity At Last! (town wins) 8/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

Quit it with the pressuring thing then. You heard my answer. I asked you to ask Maniacal Engineer directly.

I'm quitting pressuring you if you've satisfied me with giving me what I wanted?

Also, if you want my side of the conversation, you'll have to ask Engie as I clear out my sent folder every day due to how quickly it fills.

It's not a good idea to delete messages you've sent, but all right.

Let me ask this. What started the mislynch mob? A cop check, I think. And now we have a watcher check. Keeping in mind that neither of them have been confirmed town.

Mislynch mob? Maniacal Engineer hasn't even flipped yet. ProgressForth has no reason to further incriminate Maniacal Engineer as Mafia when he could have not said anything and Maniacal would have been lynched anyway, why lie like Jist? It's a possibility that ProgressForth decided to claim something that would be pretty much suicide if it turned out to be untrue and when he doesn't need to and if Jist is his scum partner he'd just be helping him further, but with Jist not needing this suicidal help if they're both Mafia I consider it very slim to the point it's not 1+1.

That's really anti-Town.

Re: Random Messages Mafia! Day 2:The Troll who got Trolled and Died a Non-troll 8-14-

AussieEevee said:
Quit it with the pressuring thing then. You heard my answer. I asked you to ask Maniacal Engineer directly.
You keep telling people to stop doing things, to Human about pressuring them, to Momoka about analyzing the way you post... I don't get why you get to call the shots here? You're not confirmed town either, and every time you tell someone to stop doing something, it really only hurts town because, essentially, the things you're telling people to stop doing are things that could help get info and generate discussion. Which is obviously not pro-town to do.

EDIT: Also, if you are really 1x deathproof, I especially don't get why you were so passive for most of this game up until roughly the last 24 hours or so. Deathproof is the perfect ability to be active and questioning others with, since you can divert a nightkill onto yourself. It honestly makes me suspicious of you and your claim.

AussieEevee said:
You keep telling people to stop doing things, to Human about pressuring them, to Momoka about analyzing the way you post... I don't get why you get to call the shots here? You're not confirmed town either, and every time you tell someone to stop doing something, it really only hurts town because, essentially, the things you're telling people to stop doing are things that could help get info and generate discussion. Which is obviously not pro-town to do.

EDIT: Also, if you are really 1x deathproof, I especially don't get why you were so passive for most of this game up until roughly the last 24 hours or so. Deathproof is the perfect ability to be active and questioning others with, since you can divert a nightkill onto yourself. It honestly makes me suspicious of you and your claim.

he hates it when people pick out his typos in F & G too.
he's just wanting to be left alone on his typos and I respect that.

I understand that because that would be frustrating, but the things Momoka seemed to be analyzing were word choice and possible word intent - not typos - both of which seem valid for analysis in a mafia game. It just seems counter-productive to not be able to do those things.

sorry for all my random-ass posts a host shouldn't make.
it's a bad habit I have IRL to spill secrets and help out and whatnot and it seems to carry over to the war room
I also have to curb my habit to like any and every post, regardless of hosting, but that's even tougher.
I will try to curb these habits from now on, but I can't make any promises...

Got a chemistry final tomorrow, so I need to study. :dizzy:

I find that it is a bit odd that this phase is still ongoing when usually a majority vote on a player means that the phase is over.

Vote: Maniacal Engineer

Since I believe in PF's claim as I am more or less acquainted with the people who have 'Rainbow' in their usernames (I didn't have enough post toast to make it to the top 20 posters of RM 12 orz), ME's commuter claim does not make sense and claiming commuter is a common mafia tactic as others have pointed out.

Based on how other people act? You do need to keep in mind that a crucial part of mafia is analyzing other people's reactions towards things.

Actions speak louder than words, so things you do and say can weigh a lot on other people's minds when they're just trying to make reads out of posts.
That's pretty scummy behaviour then...
I can see how it might seem bad in the point of view of the person getting questioned, but I don't see it as a 'scummy behaviour' persay.

Imo, it's a pro-town thing to do as posts can be used as evidence when scumhunting.

When backtracking, there might be a post where one person says something hypocritical as they might have done something against what they've said.

If we don't use other people's words against them and try to get some substance from that, where are we going to get leads?

Relying on PRs is not enough as hosts usually put in a role or ability in the mafia to counter that certain PR like having the godfather check out as town to maybe mess up with cop's results and that might end up with the cop thinking that the godfather is really town and an ally to them.

Adding to what FA said, discussion gives clues and can help with getting reads on people.

If certain people don't talk at all, how are we supposed to get reads on them?

If we don't question certain things, how can we go from nothing to actually getting somewhere?

Activity in a mafia game helps so much. If there's not that much people posting, how will town know to suspect someone if there's no proof in the pudding?

Inactivity only helps mafia, so to counter that we need to try to be active and discuss things in game that can help town in it's quest defeat the mafia!
americaheroplz.jpg

felt like i needed to use this emote orz

What do you think about the conversations he's posted with ME? I know they could be faked together if ME flips scum but how he just denied posting the PMs feels odd to do as scum, I'd think scum would be very eager to share fake PMs instead of going on a tangent and then posting them anyway, although ME approved them, and actually apparently cutting two of them. I am leaning more on AussieEevee being a very misguided Townie than scum.

"Attention all personnel: Come one, come all to a wake... for the late, great Maniacal Engineer. We'll be mourning all afternoon and evening. The deceased will deliver the eulogy. And the guests will have twenty minutes for rebuttal. Remains to be seen in the Swamp."

One hour.

go-on-without-me-kitten-begging-humor-dogs-1325361010.jpg

Whatever ME flips, I don't like how AussiePooch is trying to stop people from playing the game.

What do you think about the conversations he's posted with ME? I know they could be faked together if ME flips scum but how he just denied posting the PMs feels odd to do as scum, I'd think scum would be very eager to share fake PMs instead of going on a tangent and then posting them anyway, although ME approved them, and actually apparently cutting two of them. I am leaning more on AussieEevee being a very misguided Townie than scum.
I'll have a better answer for you after we see what ME flips, since I agree with what you're saying about how scum would likely act, but Eevee has given me zero town vibes outside of possibly those PMs. If ME truly is mafia, then I might be more inclined to believe that those PMs are a mark of a misguided townie, but that is very difficult for me to do right now until I see ME's alignment.

However, is it possible that the back-and-forth you had with Eevee in trying to get him to post those was a buy for time? Like, to get some things faked and ready to post in-thread? That would be maybe difficult to do, but not impossible for scum to do in an attempt to make the best of a bad situation (if ME is mafia and Eevee is as well).

tl;dr: I'm super curious as to if ME is really mafia or not, and that will help me look at those PMs better (hopefully).

What PMs? Isn't Aussie refuse to show the PMs?

I personally dont like how Aussie and Progress play this game. And their general posts give me a strong anti-town vibes. Also, if Aussiee really have a lynchproff why he try to tied the vote on day 1.

What PMs? Isn't Aussie refuse to show the PMs?

I personally dont like how Aussie and Progress play this game. And their general posts give me a strong anti-town vibes. Also, if Aussiee really have a lynchproff why he try to tied the vote on day 1.

He showed them a few pages back

he was waiting for Me permission to show them

Is the update in 20 minutes? Or tomorrow?

Edit: Nevermind

@lovandra; the answer to your question about AE's deathproof is simple.
Why waste your ability when you don't have to? His ability is 1-shot. Once he uses it, it's gone.

Anybody else wanna ask anything from ME? Get it while I'm still alive!

Anybody else wanna ask anything from ME? Get it while I'm still alive!
Who do you think is the most likely mafia in the game right now?
Most likely town?
Will you stick with your claim and that you did not visit Human?

You've got my list from several pages ago. My readings are unchanged since then. I don't blame any townies for lynching ME, because I know that they're doing it because it will provide them with valuable information.
As for scum, I'd like to point out that jack has never followed through with giving his thoughts on anything.

I did not visit HD last night, and I will maintain that Jist's claim is 100% bullshit.

5 minutes, time for one last cat.
3f5dfcaa3a6d1d6b79f55be30e837d95.jpg

*pours a shot of whiskey*

Cheers!

*downs the shot*

...game over

Last edited:

VOTES LOCKED

UPDATE PENDING

DAY 2 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
Maniacal Engineer XIV (蜃気楼, Archmage Dragelsnart, Gaga, HumanDawn, lovandra, DrumBeats, Momoka, FinalArcadia, jackatlasred, Sword Master, AussieEevee, progressforth, TheCapsFan, Leggo)

Maniacal Engineer was scum. His role is that all people who voted for him die immediately.
Just kidding xD

Night 2: Won the Battle, but the War Isn't Over Yet...

Shiny Celebi expected lots of complaints about private messges not working, but that didn't happen as everyone was focused on finding trolls.

Soon enough, someone made an announcement:
“I have developed a program that lets me analyze which people from this thread have access to the Trolls QT. It takes an entire night to confirm a single user as a troll or not, though. Last night I used said program to check if Enzap was a troll; and guess what, he is!”

Many were shocked; Enzap was displaying trollish behavior before but they wouldn’t expect the trolls who ban people to be this open with trolling in thread as they would get caught.
Enzap defended himself:
“You have to be lying, so I will report you. I would like everyone to know that due to being a moderator, I can make my account untraceable by any computer program that operates outside Bulbagarden’s vBulletin software.”

People didn’t believe said claim nonetheless and started reporting him en masse. By the middle of the day only, it looked pretty obvious that Enzap would get banned today. The rest of the day passed without much activity, although someone stepped in to inform the users that Enzap has to be a troll, since they saw him tampering with a certain user's profile last night.

All was lost for Enzap. Yet he wouldn't go down the way they wanted, he would go down the way HE wanted!
He took the opportunity to troll Random Messages one more time. He started off by posting a pictures of lolcats.

"wat"
"He's posting lolcats so we will spare him! He is conceding!"
"You mean he a troll?!"
"Definitely."

After a few more lolcat images, Enzap spoke up:
“Yes, I am a troll! Gonzap the moderator troll! I’ve got much experience from being in the Bulbagarden staff so I have developed the system that lets us ban users, once per night!”

The users have already started to spam the thread with smileys as they figured that after Enzap’s banning no more troll bannings would happen. But Enzap continued:
“You think the trolls are done for now that you caught me, don’t you? NOT AT ALL! I have secretly made all my partners staff members!”

Shiny Celebi looked in awe, how is this even possible?!
“Yes, SC, it is possible. For I am Gonzap the troll mod!
This means that despite my ban, my fellow trolls can keep banning people once per night! We won’t fall this easily!”

Shiny Celebi was infuriated; after Enzap gathered a whooping total of X reports, the most reports one has received before they get infracted about it, she forcibly changed his username to “Goosenap", his usertitle to "The Most Reported Troll of All", his avatar to a trollface, and his signature to:

"I'm a troll, troll, troll!
With no self-control! -trol! -trol!"

"This is nice and all, but you eventually have to ban him, Shiny Celebi."
"Oh right! Oops!"

All he could say before getting banned was:
“At least now that I no longer have to masquerade here, I have more free time to watch One Piece! Good luck buddies!”

Dear Maniacal Engineer, you are
Enzap
Someone said that moderators can't be trolls. You know they are wrong, because you are the exception. The trolliest of moderators, you are Enzap. People call you Gonzap though. You have been using your moderator powers to cover your trollishness, so no one suspects you of really being a troll. You are the Godfather. Any copchecks aimed at you will give a "Non-Troll" result, although you are allied with the Trolls. Meanwhile, you are using your moderator position to get info for your fellow trolls. You are also a Rolecop. Once per night, you can post in the Mafia QT ROLECOP: Player and you will learn the role of said player by the end of the night phase.
You are allied with the Trolls and win when the Non-Trolls are eliminated, or there is no way this can be avoided.
Maniacal Engineer was banned. He was Enzap the Godfather/Rolecop, a Troll.

The users were happy to see Enzap banned, although they couldn’t help chuckle on his final words. Around an hour later, Shiny Celebi, who has since calmed down, reported:
“Today, dear users of Bulbagarden, we did not win one battle, but two! I managed to successfully restore private messages and even found a way to ensure that they won’t get brought down by the trolls, at least not with the same measures they took to do that this time. Now rest, users, and hope that something will cause the trolls to fail banning someone tonight; for all we know, Enzap could be lying.”

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours.
Private communication is allowed again.

Last edited:

Fantastic, there's one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom