• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Break Evolution

will break evolution be in the games

• yes

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • no

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • maybe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
...maybe? i don't know, not everything from the TCG makes it to the game. this question, to me, seems very much a "will there be another type added"-like question (ie., we won't know the answer....until we know the answer).

...maybe? i don't know, not everything from the TCG makes it to the game. this question, to me, seems very much a "will there be another type added"-like question (ie., we won't know the answer....until we know the answer).

its fun to speculate. in my opinion its a big feature. i think it would be cool to see in the games

What does Break Evolution even do that normal evolutions and Mega Evolutions couldn't? Because aside from just being a different name for the same thing (see: Primal Reversion), I don't really see the point.

What does Break Evolution even do that normal evolutions and Mega Evolutions couldn't? Because aside from just being a different name for the same thing (see: Primal Reversion), I don't really see the point.

i assume theres more to it then that. if not why add it to begin with

As a gimmick to make the new TCG set look cool?

I think it's supposed to be similar to Lv. X. To stay on topic, I don't think it'll be in the games. It'll likely stay TCG exclusive.

I think it's supposed to be similar to Lv. X. To stay on topic, I don't think it'll be in the games. It'll likely stay TCG exclusive.

Meaning that the evolved form retains access to the moves of its previous form? I don't see any way that would be viable in the videogames at all given how evolution is something that occurs between battles and the individual keeps its moveset.

Meaning that the evolved form retains access to the moves of its previous form? I don't see any way that would be viable in the videogames at all given how evolution is something that occurs between battles and the individual keeps its moveset.

It does work if it's an in battle evolution, the problem is that Mega Evolution already does that. So they could include it, but it would just be Mega Evolution under a different name like Primal Reversion is.

I don't think anything in the TCG would be a viable inclusion. The only mechanic in the TCG that's actually unique and worthwhile is Delta Species, and that doesn't work well with the games because in the games the Pokemon's moves have to be designed around its type so they'd have to do a lot of work overhauling the movesets to get it to work and they'd need a way to visually distinguish the Delta Species from its normal counterparts since you can't see your opponent's moves (otherwise it wouldn't be very since you couldn't tell what type it is).

Its in the TCG to make Stage 1 and 2 Pokemon more useful since the metagame is heavily skewed towards EX and other strong basic Pokemon. Fully evolved Pokemon in the games have no such issue.

The only thing from TCG that you could argue got adopted into the games was Pokemon Powers (in the form of abilities). There really isn't much of a precedence. Break Evolutions are basically Pokemon LV.X and those weren't adopted into the games.

Are there Pokémon SP, Pokémon Lv. X, Pokémon EX, Delta Species, Light Pokémon, Pokémon Star, Pokémon LEGEND, etc. in the games? I doubt Break evolution is any different. Especially since it's basiclu Pokémon Lv. X in all but name. The only thing from the TCG that made it into the game is a few moves and Dark Pokémon (and the latter worked much different in the TCG than it does in the games and modern TCG, so it's arguable.).

The only thing from the TCG that made it into the game is a few moves and Dark Pokémon (and the latter worked much different in the TCG than it does in the games and modern TCG, so it's arguable.).
Abilities seem to be inspired from Pokemon Powers (and later Poke Powers and Poke Bodies). I wouldn't count Dark Pokemon since those were basically part of the TCG's good vs evil alignment at the time of its conception. The Dark-prefix in those Pokemon's names translates to "bad" while the type is translated to "evil". Dark Pokemon themselves were all owned by Team Rocket so its more related to things like Team Aqua's Kyogre EX than to the eventual dark-type Pokemon.

I wish a few things did translate from the TCG to the games. For instance, the Holon expansion seemed like it was trying to tell a story through its cards. Conversely, Break Evolution just seems like a power upgrade with no backstory (and from what's been released, there doesn't seem to be much to differentiate them other than "more HP")

No idea what that is as not everyone follows the TCG. Maybe include an explanation in your OP?

No idea what that is as not everyone follows the TCG. Maybe include an explanation in your OP?

There's enough of a description to google it, and people have been talking about it in the thread. Of course, google would only be helpful if anyone actually knew what Break Evolution does but there hasn't been that much information released, and the few instances of Break Evolution just seems to give the Pokemon more HP and maybe a new move (since the card says you can still use the same abilities and moves as the pre-evolution)

EDIT: Oh, and they turn gold.

I don't know about Break Evolution itself, but an in-battle evolution unlocking a hidden move or two could have potential.

I don't know about Break Evolution itself, but an in-battle evolution unlocking a hidden move or two could have potential.

If they really wanted to do that, it could've been done with Mega Evolution, but they seem to have no interest in adding extra moves.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom