• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

I don't think anyone is going to notice this, but screw it, I guess.

I've been replaying SoulSilver recently, and I've been trying to gather up all the Gym Leaders so that I can rematch them for XP. I've gotten about 7 or so in the Fighting Dojo at present, and I believe about 12 numbers. I've been talking to Daisy Oak every time of day, every day for the past week and she never gives me massages, instead saying "Hi! My brother is the leader of Viridian Gym! He leaves a lot, so it causes trouble for the trainers," or something like that. I already talked to Blue in the gym several times to see if he triggers the event, but it isn't happening. What am I doing wrong?

Reportedly your Pokemon's friendship also needs to be maxed out (shouldn't be a problem if you show her one of your original party members).
Rematch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I don't think anyone is going to notice this, but screw it, I guess.

I've been replaying SoulSilver recently, and I've been trying to gather up all the Gym Leaders so that I can rematch them for XP. I've gotten about 7 or so in the Fighting Dojo at present, and I believe about 12 numbers. I've been talking to Daisy Oak every time of day, every day for the past week and she never gives me massages, instead saying "Hi! My brother is the leader of Viridian Gym! He leaves a lot, so it causes trouble for the trainers," or something like that. I already talked to Blue in the gym several times to see if he triggers the event, but it isn't happening. What am I doing wrong?

Reportedly your Pokemon's friendship also needs to be maxed out (shouldn't be a problem if you show her one of your original party members).
Rematch - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I am showing her Pokemon with maxed out friendship; it doesn't change anything. And yes, I'm absolutely certain they have max friendship thanks to the Happiness rater in Goldenrod.

Hey guys, while playing my Alpha Sapphire I noticed something... After defeating Hiker Trent, at the entrance of the Cable Cab towards Mt. Chimney, he says: "I hear there are some seriusly tough Trainers on top of Mt. Chimney, I intend to get up there and give them a challenge!" However, when you go there, there are NO trainers on top of the mountain. Is this an error that Game Freak made? Because I remember in the original RSE there indeed were some trainers on top of Mt. Chimney, which have been left out of the remakes. Did GF forget to change Hiker Trent's line? Or alternatively, is Hiker Trent referring to Team Aqua and Magma as the strong trainers he intends to challenge, who do happen to be on top of the Mountain the first time you visit it (with no trainers once you defeat them) ?

It´s no big deal but I hate these kinda errors in a game, they kinda ruin the experience. So do you think it is an error or is hiker Trent talking about Team Aqua and Magma?

I never noticed that he still says that as I know it was in the originals too if I recall correctly? But yeah, they did remove those 3/4 trainers that were up there after you defeat Team Magma/Aqua from ORAS, I don't know why, they could have kept them and maybe added another cliff/side to walk along, around the north/east side of it. Thinking of mountains and Pokémon only gets me excited for how Stark Mountain and Mt. Coronet will look if they make potential DP remakes lol.

Hey guys, while playing my Alpha Sapphire I noticed something... After defeating Hiker Trent, at the entrance of the Cable Cab towards Mt. Chimney, he says: "I hear there are some seriusly tough Trainers on top of Mt. Chimney, I intend to get up there and give them a challenge!" However, when you go there, there are NO trainers on top of the mountain. Is this an error that Game Freak made? Because I remember in the original RSE there indeed were some trainers on top of Mt. Chimney, which have been left out of the remakes. Did GF forget to change Hiker Trent's line? Or alternatively, is Hiker Trent referring to Team Aqua and Magma as the strong trainers he intends to challenge, who do happen to be on top of the Mountain the first time you visit it (with no trainers once you defeat them) ?

It´s no big deal but I hate these kinda errors in a game, they kinda ruin the experience. So do you think it is an error or is hiker Trent talking about Team Aqua and Magma?

I never noticed that he still says that as I know it was in the originals too if I recall correctly? But yeah, they did remove those 3/4 trainers that were up there after you defeat Team Magma/Aqua from ORAS, I don't know why, they could have kept them and maybe added another cliff/side to walk along, around the north/east side of it. Thinking of mountains and Pokémon only gets me excited for how Stark Mountain and Mt. Coronet will look if they make potential DP remakes lol.

Actually, from the Original RSE they removed those trainers that appear on top of the Mountain, except the one that appeared in your Trainer´s Eye for rematches. That triner is still included in ORAS but he is now on the Jagged Pass, in stead of the Mountain peak. So they just removed the non- rematchable 3 or 4 trainers.

However, I now kinda think that maybe he referrs to Team Aqua and Magma, cause he says "seriously tough" trainers, and the removed trainers were just the usual weak traines you find on any route. So maybe it isn´t an error of GF at all.

Today, I got online the PSS on Pokemon Omega Ruby so I can get new Secret Bases, and when I was going through the newly found Secret Bases, I recieved one that was in the tree on Secret Islet and she happened to have all of the Regi Doll Decorations inside, including Registeel and Regirock.

Anyway, how do you get the Registeel and Regirock Doll Decorations?

Today, I got online the PSS on Pokemon Omega Ruby so I can get new Secret Bases, and when I was going through the newly found Secret Bases, I recieved one that was in the tree on Secret Islet and she happened to have all of the Regi Doll Decorations inside, including Registeel and Regirock.

Anyway, how do you get the Registeel and Regirock Doll Decorations?

The Regi Dolls are really rare, and the only way possible to get them is by scanning the developer's bases (link) and hoping that they give you a Regi doll as a gift, so in order to get them, you need to have patience and a bit of luck. Sorry.

Not sure if this is an ok question for this thread but if I complete the regional dex for X and OR, will that be nearly enough go complete a living dex?

Not sure if this is an ok question for this thread but if I complete the regional dex for X and OR, will that be nearly enough go complete a living dex?

Having a living Dex means that you have all 720 (actually 721, but Volcanion isn't released yet) Pokémon with you in your PC, including all members of evolutionary lines (and usually also any non-interchangeable forms of Pokémon like Shellos, Unown, or Wormadam). While completing the Regional dex in X and OR will be a good step towards getting there (especially all the Kalos ones), you will still have a bit to go, especially since the regional dex completion doesn't differentiate between what you own and what you have owned (for example, anyone that has since evolved, or anyone traded away).

Now, the good news is, between the four Generation VI games, it is possible to capture almost every Pokémon in the National Dex (minus a few events at the moment). So, it's definitely very possible to complete a living dex. Just know it might be a little time-consuming :p

Having a living Dex means that you have all 720 (actually 721, but Volcanion isn't released yet) Pokémon with you in your PC, including all members of evolutionary lines (and usually also any non-interchangeable forms of Pokémon like Shellos, Unown, or Wormadam). While completing the Regional dex in X and OR will be a good step towards getting there (especially all the Kalos ones), you will still have a bit to go, especially since the regional dex completion doesn't differentiate between what you own and what you have owned (for example, anyone that has since evolved, or anyone traded away).

Now, the good news is, between the four Generation VI games, it is possible to capture almost every Pokémon in the National Dex (minus a few events at the moment). So, it's definitely very possible to complete a living dex. Just know it might be a little time-consuming :p

Thanks and I do understand what a living dex consists of, I've actually got one of each Pokemon for OR and also got every legendary there is to catch so far (at least I think I do :p). I'm just wondering if completing the dex for X/Y will get me close enough to having all 720.

Thanks for that and hopefully I'll be able to compete it soon

Okay, how is it that in the bug catching contest (in HG/SS), an NPC's Scyther places first, but my Scyther doesn't place AT ALL? And therefore got beat by a Wurmple and Kricketune? I'm aware that it's possible for any Pokemon to win, but the problem here is one Scyther placing first and I catch the same Pokemon and it doesn't place at all.

The guides I've read say that some Pokemon here are of higher value than others, which is a reason I caught a Scyther (another being to get Scizor in my dex), but this all just seems totally false and that this is all completely down to luck and random chance. >_>

Hey guys, I've heard read that the Lumiose Restaurants can be challenged anytime, while the Food Court in Mauville can only be challenged only once a day. Is this true?

Hey guys, I've heard read that the Lumiose Restaurants can be challenged anytime, while the Food Court in Mauville can only be challenged only once a day. Is this true?
Yup, it's true. And it's a shame because the Lumiose restaurants are great for leveling up and getting money. It's an area i would have preferred if they copy pasted from XY or at least make it so you can challenge the Food Court as many times you want per day.

Are there any stat increasing held items, such as Wise Glasses, that work for defense or sp defense?

Hey guys, in ORAS can the trainers at the SS Tidal be rematched? I think you couldn't in the originals.

Okay, how is it that in the bug catching contest (in HG/SS), an NPC's Scyther places first, but my Scyther doesn't place AT ALL? And therefore got beat by a Wurmple and Kricketune? I'm aware that it's possible for any Pokemon to win, but the problem here is one Scyther placing first and I catch the same Pokemon and it doesn't place at all.

The guides I've read say that some Pokemon here are of higher value than others, which is a reason I caught a Scyther (another being to get Scizor in my dex), but this all just seems totally false and that this is all completely down to luck and random chance. >_>

If you hurt it or gave it a status condition that would take away from it placing. As far as I remember though.

Hey guys, in ORAS can the trainers at the SS Tidal be rematched? I think you couldn't in the originals.

Nope, neither Bulbapedia nor Serebii confirms you can, and in the originals you definitely couldn't. So I wouldn't think so

What does "Reprisal" mean?

I'm playing Pokémon Rumble World, and am currently trying to clear all of the missions in Hard Mode. However, I am having trouble with the mission "Raid of the Mighty General." I managed to plow through the first few waves of enemies with my Dialga (it's at level 1,949), but then the wave comprised of Timburr and Gurdurr knocked it out almost immediately. The screen was too crowded for me to see exactly what happened, but a lot of the enemies had the word "Reprisal" popping up over their heads in the same manner as a status condition. Does anyone know exactly what "Reprisal" is?

Re: What does "Reprisal" mean?

"Reprisal" means counter-attacking the ennemy.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom