• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Discuss the new Pokemon anime series XY & Z, which is set to premiere on October 29.

1Li96UP.jpg

Last edited:
Protean Ability for Greninja, it sort of looks like, as it is being called "Satoshi Greninja". Also Noivern in the Background, with a random Mega-Sceptile but no Charizard?......There seems to be a lot going on in the series.

>M-Sceptile
>Greninja
>Noivern
>Z

ambnn0zwz8rxjrj7zkr1.gif

This could very well be Ash's best team of all time.

I swear if ash's grass type this gen is motherfucking Sceptile, with him using Mega Sceptile by extent, ash is probably set to win the league, I have high hopes this time. I mean damn, a special Greninja, Noivern and Mega-Sceptile on one team alone? The only thing that could possibly stop him is the lesgue being cancelled because reasons.

On a serious note, I wonder if the Z arc is gonna be a long running thing, with the gang obtaining custody over a Zygarde Core, and as they travel it finds others and slowly evolves. Until eventually it gets to 50%, when the team flare climax begins. Would be an amazing plot device.

This could very well be Ash's best team of all time.

We'll see... Ash's DP team set a really high standard in terms of development/focus and raw power, and based on past trends and how certain Pokemon are treated on the main cast now it is unlikely the XY team will measure up.

Noivern is a repeat of Gliscor (limited battle screentime and evolves about 20-30 episodes after its debut) who had way more focus and screentime even as a Gligar. Whether Noivern gets Gliscor's level of development is to be seen.

Greninja has to do a lot for people to view it as superior to Infernape, who also had a lot of development and a powerful Blaze transformation. Even Torterra had more screentime and focus than Frogadier has now.

Sceptile coming back could mean it gets some screentime but gets shafted for Ash's newer mons (like Charizard and Donphan before it). Greninja may overshadow Sceptile completely in this arc.

Maybe Mega Sceptile belongs to the shota kid? He had a Grovyle last time we saw him, and he has a boner for Mega Evolution right?

Anyone else think this WON'T be like the N arc?

I think this will be the beginning of the plot but will still deal with Serena's Tripokalon and Ash's gyms.

Maybe Mega Sceptile belongs to the shota kid? He had a Grovyle last time we saw him, and he has a boner for Mega Evolution right?
There is no Shota on the poster though.

He might not be on the poster, but I find it weird for Ash to bring in his Sceptile for a mega, when Shota's established to have a Grovyle and looking into megas. Unless it's for the writers to go all "Ash is so much better than Shota he got a Mega Sceptile before him" or set up some species rivalry between their Pokemon. But really, I'm just making excuses to justify this being Shota's Pokemon because I don't want Ash to get this Mega over him.

If it's not Shota's and Ash does get Mega Sceptile, then I think they should have given Shota a Mega Swampert to complete the Hoenn trio.

If it's not Shota's and Ash does get Mega Sceptile, then I think they should have given Shota a Mega Swampert to complete the Hoenn trio.
I personally doubt any of the Ash's rivals will be a part of this Flare stuff.

I compared Ash's Greninja to the normal one, and I can only spot two differences that cannot be explained by paint:
- Its eye color (red instead of pink)
- The spikes on its cheeks

The first one may be caused by contact lenses, but the second one can't be explained by mere cosmetics. How would Greninja possibly get those spikes?

But because those differences are relatively minor I would go with the notion that this is a mere cosplay change. As to why Greninja would wear this makeup... I have no clue. But the animators did a good job in making a relatively plain looking starter stand out.

He might not be on the poster, but I find it weird for Ash to bring in his Sceptile for a mega, when Shota's established to have a Grovyle and looking into megas. Unless it's for the writers to go all "Ash is so much better than Shota he got a Mega Sceptile before him" or set up some species rivalry between their Pokemon. But really, I'm just making excuses to justify this being Shota's Pokemon because I don't want Ash to get this Mega over him.

There's one thing that gives a point to it being Ash's Sceptile.

When Ash found out Sceptile had a mega evolution, he was seriously interesting.

Sawyer might have a mega Sceptile as well, or maybe he won't quite have one, and there maybe some nice relations going between Ash and Sawyer helping Sawyer mega evolve his own Sceptile.

But even if Sawyer does have one, I'm almost positive Ash won't use his Mega Sceptile against it.

I compared Ash's Greninja to the normal one, and I can only spot two differences that cannot be explained by paint:

The first one may be caused by contact lenses, but the second one can't be explained by mere cosmetics. How would Greninja possibly get those spikes?

But because those differences are relatively minor I would go with the notion that this is a mere cosplay change. As to why Greninja would wear this makeup... I have no clue. But the animators did a good job in making a relatively plain looking starter stand out.

You didn't notice the red fin?

Dephender said:
Pokemon XY and Z will premiere Thursday October 29th at 7pm as a 1 hour double episode special, airing together with The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV.

HELL YES

Ash is missing a slot, he always has a grass type, its not gonna be Trevenant(as amazing as THAT sort of developement would be), and Mega Sceptile is technically new, so it can be part ofhis Kalos Team for all I care. Plus yeah, the poster seems to be for the flare arc I doubt Shota is in.

On another note, I think gyms will pop up inbetween, but I doubt the league willbe done before its all over. It can still be the Z Anime, but the zygarde stuff will likely be done by the league. Bonnie holding Zygarde Cell makes me think I was right, they have it travelling with them. Crazy stuff going down.

Regular Greninja's fin is blue, Ash's Greninja has a red fin.

The band was painted red, just like how Greninja's bridge above its nose was.

Not to mention it has some sick blades sitting on its back.

I didn't notice those at first but I can still see the blades as a cosplay feature. Serena turned Dedenne into a Spewpa so it is very possible that the blades are part of the costume.

Last edited:

Look at Greninja's torso, it has the same pattern as Ash's shirt.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom