• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Sun and Moon

Idk about storywise, but what I want is an itrm much like the ability capsule. It's for hidden abilities. It can't change an ability to it's HA one, but it can change the HA to a norml one. Most HA's are really good, but a there are a few that are bad. Yanmega for example, and i hate Houndoom's HA. Who knows, it might happen.

Female jerkass rival - ooh, yes, nice idea :) we've had some great strides in the Pokeverse with Cynthia and Prof Rowan, so a girl as default rival would be a natural next step.

- A very twisted main villain, but instead of someone always plotting and planning, someone who'd be more surprising and unpredictable! You'd have to use your planning skills in order to stop them of course! :D

I'd love to see a really evil villain, but honestly I'm getting bored with the 'tonight Pinky we're going to take over the world' spiel over and over. We could use a break from it, if only for one generation. Remember how Giovanni was just a hardened criminal who wanted to exploit Pokemon for money and beat up the small child who stood in his way? Yeah, I want that kind of villain back. One's who's evil and ruthless without being quite as far-out 'gonna blow up everything if I don't get my way' cray cray as Silas, Ghetsis and Lysandre.

LadySasaki said:
I'd love to see a really evil villain, but honestly I'm getting bored with the 'tonight Pinky we're going to take over the world' spiel over and over. We could use a break from it, if only for one generation. Remember how Giovanni was just a hardened criminal who wanted to exploit Pokemon for money and beat up the small child who stood in his way? Yeah, I want that kind of villain back. One's who's evil and ruthless without being quite as far-out 'gonna blow up everything if I don't get my way' cray cray as Silas, Ghetsis and Lysandre.

I referred someone like Petrel. :) Ghetsis and Lysandre were twisted in their own ways, even unpredictable but maybe I should have added "hilariously random". Aaanyway, I wouldn't be against having another villain like Giovanni either - he had his cold charm!

However, there should be a villain, I sometimes hear people saying "I'm so tired of the good vs evil setting, why can't it be just neutral setting or more like in real life". Why I bring this up, is because I could see a more neutral setting happening too (as a possibility), but I play games for entertainment, which is mostly for me out of this world and realities. So, in 7th generation I prefer some things just staying as they've always been, even when it's obvious they're focusing on bringing up less familiar concepts in the next generation.

Main Games:
Removal of Mail

More Character Customization and Clothes.

Dark Gym with its leader of the gym being a Goth

Other:
A Super Mario Maker or something roughly similar/comparable for Pokémon. Probably can be only done on PC and/or on the Wii U, maybe 3DS could be possible. Only problems I guess would be how to create new pokemon and their respective cries, whether or not it uses 3d or 2d sprites and how certain features (character customization and clothing) could work in 2d, and possible new features. Most likely unrealistic but probably would something official would allow limit and possibly prevent scams and allow ROM Hackers something official to have rather then editing current pokemon games.

Some posts above about rivals made me think. I would personally like the return of a rude, horrible rival like Blue, but maybe not the exact same way. Have him do the opposite of Silver. Make him your bff like recent games, but over time as you keep beating him (or her, I guess), they get more and more fed up and angry with you until they're the champion and intentionally standing in your way.

@BigBadButterfree; you mean kinda of like Pokey from the Mother/Earthbound series? I'd honestly like that to be honest. Having a rival that slowly descends to becoming less your best friend and more into a rival.

Instead of a mother, for Gen 7, I'd really like a father instead and have them play a role within the plot. Either was a supporting character, the professor, gym leader/elite four/Champion. At least give him or the mother a name instead of just "Mom". A expand upon it. RSE/ORAS had began the idea; I've honestly like to see just where they could go with that.

For the Elite Four and Champion I think instead of Ice, Psychic, Fighting, Dark, Ghost etc.... it should be Fire, Water, Grass, Ground/Flying type and Electric. Being the five composing elements of the world. Or another idea of a Normal type Elite Four/Champion with a high-leveled Miltank. However do not return to having Rock/Ground being the first gym.

If they can't do post game can they at least sell us a download only game that functions as a post game for like 10 bucks or something. The whole game would be a little island with about four routes and four dungeons, A new safari area where you catch all non legendary HA pokemon in your dex so, effectively all if you use gts, A battle frontier, maybe some multiplayer feature like underground or a dungeon race.

More routes, ones that just may either lead nowhere, or onto a possible other route, leading to the same place. Lakes, akin to Sinnoh, it made it feel bigger.

The one thing I really want though; is either an expanded trainer card or trainer 'kit' for example, to hold more achievements than just the badge quest. Similar to how the trainer card was in Emerald once getting to the BF, I want something like that. It would also make me go for getting the extra goals done. The reason I say kit and not card, is cause how much can one card fit on it? Lol. It would be nice to have Maison leaders, even E4 members somewhere on it, being ticked off, or getting a symbol (like the BF) of some kind... After the badge quest, the trainer card just goes to sh*t to be entirely honest. I sadly don't see this as something they would implement though, but it could really work and give people more interest to stick around after the main game if there's blank spaces on their trainer kits, MOTIVATION PEOPLE. Lol.

^Speaking of the trainer card, I want to be able to polish our heard-earned badges again!

I know it was a 'pointless' feature, but it was cute and really added a pleasant element of verisimilitude to the games.

Meaningful post game

The ability to customize your character (sounds odd but after oras you don't know)

if the above happens then the customization to include past protagonists and vilalins outfits

The ability to rematch all gym leaders and elite four and in post game for them all to have a mega

another pokemon world tournament?

Difficulty settings

Good starter designs

No fire/fighting or fire physic fire starter we have those already give us something new even fire fairy

more double typed moves like hawluchas

Good region design

and more but thats just a basic list

I think for me an increase in difficulty is the single most important thing I'd like to see in Gen 7. The games have improved so much with features like Pokemon Amie and most importantly DexNav, now we just need a proper challenge from them.

More routes, ones that just may either lead nowhere, or onto a possible other route, leading to the same place. Lakes, akin to Sinnoh, it made it feel bigger.

The one thing I really want though; is either an expanded trainer card or trainer 'kit' for example, to hold more achievements than just the badge quest. Similar to how the trainer card was in Emerald once getting to the BF, I want something like that. It would also make me go for getting the extra goals done. The reason I say kit and not card, is cause how much can one card fit on it? Lol. It would be nice to have Maison leaders, even E4 members somewhere on it, being ticked off, or getting a symbol (like the BF) of some kind... After the badge quest, the trainer card just goes to sh*t to be entirely honest. I sadly don't see this as something they would implement though, but it could really work and give people more interest to stick around after the main game if there's blank spaces on their trainer kits, MOTIVATION PEOPLE. Lol.

Trainer Stars coming back would be awesome, and if the card could have visible gaps for them like with the badges. The game at present draws very minimal attention to the changing colours of the trainer card.

Difficult setting
More customization
Better plot
Choices affecting the plot
Customize sentences and personality
Friend Safari
No repetitive type combination for the starters
Bigger map

I want your rival to return as the champion - I feel it's one of the things R/B/Y truly got right. That, and making him a total a**hole so that you actually want to grind his smug face into the dirt. None of this buddy-buddy junk.

I don't think it'll happen, because GF really seem to be moving more towards making your rival your bff, and making the champion a separate character who makes a cameo somehow throughout the story. But it's one of my biggest wishes, and a girl can dream!

I 100% agree with you on this.

Agree with you. I'm tired of bff rivals and bland champions. I want someone surprising being the champion, as the teacher, an older character, the mother, the brother, the villain, Looker (LOL)

Random but just had a thought: I bet the next region's Pokénav-like device would be a smartphone. Almost surprised they didn't do that already in XY/ORAS.
This would actually make sense considering said devices often act like a phone and do other stuff that smartphones can do now irl (map, radio, "TV"/videos...)

Gonna ignore all other posts so I can get this out.

In the next set of games, I want a bigger world that gives me more freedom to explore. One thing I've always wanted is to be able to explore the Pokemon world, rather than be led on a tour through a couple linear routes and paths. I want to explore something bigger and less confined and see all sorts of interesting things, such as Pokemon living in their natural habitats, and odd and mysterious landforms or whatever. I want to see things like Pokemon in nature, or be able to explore a path that leads to a cave or rare Pokemon far off the beaten path. Essentially what I want is more freedom.

I want Pokemon to be Metal Gear Solid V.

I'd like to see dynamic weather patterns. Rather than some routes having the possibility of rain, I'd like most if not all routes and towns to have rain. I'd like different types of rain, too - light rain, heavy rain, etc. Other than rain, I want wind. Again, varying in strength and duration. And yes, I'd want fog back, if only in the early morning.

Reintroducing the seasons would help, I think, in making the world feel more alive. If the region has a more temperate climate, then I want more snow than in just one area for the winter (and trees that don't have foliage!).

Random but just had a thought: I bet the next region's Pokénav-like device would be a smartphone. Almost surprised they didn't do that already in XY/ORAS.
This would actually make sense considering said devices often act like a phone and do other stuff that smartphones can do now irl (map, radio, "TV"/videos...)

Pokegear says hi.

Reintroducing the seasons would help, I think, in making the world feel more alive. If the region has a more temperate climate, then I want more snow than in just one area for the winter (and trees that don't have foliage!).

I'd love to see seasons back too, its one of those great features that GF introduced then removed for no reason.

Pokegear says hi.

Pokégear was a watch-like device... not a phone...

Better remakes than ORAS, 7th gen region with dark gym, a better amount of new pokemon, no more download games from the internet, all mythical pokemon become available and the status of mythical removed permanently. Travel to another region, gym leader rematches return, return of normal evolutions and no more mega evolutions.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom