• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview XYS04: The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to ask a few questions.

1. Why everyone thinks that Lysandre is going to reveal that he is a bad guy? He hid it from Steven because he knows if Steven think he is a bad guy, his plan will face serious challenge. Why would he choose to reveal now? If he did Diantha, or even Steven (we have seen Cynthia travelling even as a champion) can interfere. It will not benefit him in any possible way.

2. Lysandre never did any bad or evil things in front of Alan (although there are questionable things), even if he loses his Keystone and Mega Stone, why you think Alan is ever going to realize Lysandre is a bad guy? (Unless Lysandre forces him to bet them, but see question 1) It doesn't make any sense.

3. Why would Alan realizing Lysandre being a bad guy make him meet up with Ash? Wouldn't Professor Sycamore make more sense? And maybe contact Steven? Diantha? Because if he realizes Malva is in Team Flare, not notifying Diantha makes absolute zero sense.

4. Why would Alan make the bet at all? It can't be because of blind confidence, as Malva is involved. If Lysandre wanted to take away Alan's Keystone and Mega Stone, he must first find a way to make Alan bet the said items. And forcing him to participate is not an option (see question 1).

Except the one scenario I wrote that Lysandre can manipulate Alan to participate in the tournament, I don't see another possibility. But everyone is suggesting that Lysandre will reveal that he is the bad guy in Act 4, which I completely failed to understand.

I would just like to ask a few questions.

1. Why everyone thinks that Lysandre is going to reveal that he is a bad guy? He hid it from Steven because he knows if Steven think he is a bad guy, his plan will face serious challenge. Why would he choose to reveal now? If he did Diantha, or even Steven (we have seen Cynthia travelling even as a champion) can interfere. It will not benefit him in any possible way.

Its more so speculation than anything else and while i cannot speak in name of everyone else. In case of of Alain losing, i dont expect that Lysandre reveals directly how her is head of criminal organization attempting to do massive wipe out through superweapon persay.

But more so through his actions and sudden cut of support for Alain character in case of losing, invoking suspicion from him of turning out to be person he didnt expected him to be,

Deciding after feeling betrayed/let down to do further investigation realizing he has trusted and helpe in reality evil, ruthless person. How?
Through overhearing conversation between Malva and Lysandree. Someone else opening his eyes(Mairin), etc. There exists several ways and given how this is probably last mega evolution it wouldn't be too shocking that secrets about Lysandre start unfolding out.

They may not, but if people previsions of Team Flare arc possibly taking place between 7th and 8th gym turn out to br true. Than theres not much space left to further delay villain plot. ESpecially when 4th act is climax of mega evolution specials.

3. Why would Alan realizing Lysandre being a bad guy make him meet up with Ash? Wouldn't Professor Sycamore make more sense? And maybe contact Steven? Diantha? Because if he realizes Malva is in Team Flare, not notifying Diantha makes absolute zero sense.

Its more so that acknowledgement of who in reality Lysandre is coud serve as vector in abandoning him and meeting up with prof Sycamore or Mairin. Eventually joining Ash and collaborating in destroying Team Flare knowing prof Sycamore and everyone else he cares about are in danger wanting to protect them.

Because whenever that happen its logical to assume that Alain and Ash role would have something to do with Team Flare and defeating whole organization.
Alain can still contact those authorities either before meeting Ash or afterwards lettong champions, professor etc about Lysandre and his organization plans.

4. Why would Alan make the bet at all? It can't be because of blind confidence, as Malva is involved. If Lysandre wanted to take away Alan's Keystone and Mega Stone, he must first find a way to make Alan bet the said items. And forcing him to participate is not an option (see question 1).

One of ways could be in Lysandre wanting from Alain to prove his strength and loyalty to him. By debting his items in said tournament and defeating all 10 participants. With inclusion of Malva being Lysandre part of plan from start as someone who would guarantee that Alain wouldnt be able to win that tournament.

Now why would Lysandre do that? One of reasons could come from not finding Alain services needed anymore or useful doing everything he was interested into regarding research about mega evolution and collecting valuable info in developing tool to change world to its own desire.

Last edited:
Well, thats what I doubt Lysandre will do. Forcing Alan proof himself will 100% make Alan suspicious of him. And Alan overhearing conversation between Lysandre and Malva will make Manon a rather pointless character.

The best scenario I wanted to see is still Lysandre having Malva pretend that she will share her information with Sycamore in exchange for first hand information of his findings, which will make Alan wanted to stop her from doing so, where Malva will want him to bet something as valuable as the fame she will get from doing so, making Alan bet his Keystone and Mega Stone. And then we have Manon overhearing Malva and Lysandre's conversation. Although I am clear that this isn't the only way the story can go, I think its atleast one of the better one. (And the way I will handle this if I am Lysandre)

Update: Alan gets to keep the Keystone and Mega Ring, as he still has a Mega Charizard X and the accessory in the Pokemon Anime XY & Z poster.

So I don't really understand now did he managed to do that. One of these happened if this is the case.

1. Alan beat Malva. But looking at his performance against Siegbold, I doubt that.
2. Alan lost, but Manon stole it back from Team Flare, either just to give it back to Alan or she realized that Team Flare are bad guys.
3. Alan lost but refused to turn in the Mega Stone and escaped.
4. Lysandre or Malva returned the stone to Alan, which means they still have use of him.

I feel like all 2 to 4 has a reasonable chance of happening.

Last edited:
If this is the last Mega Evolution Act, probably it's kind of prologue to Alain's appearance in the main anime.

Well, it seems that Alan v. Malva is indeed the main event.

I can't help but feel sorry for the other trainers and their Pokémon, showing up just to go down like bitches to make Alan look good :-(

What is this, Best Wishes still (or DBZ)?

Last edited:
Here are some new summaries of this episode, courtesy of Dephender.

The climax of the Strongest Mega Evolution series!!

It's finally time for the climax of the "Strongest Mega Evolution" series that depicts the adventure of the super skilled Trainer Alain!

Alain pursues further power!! He has 10 battles in a row!!
Having returned to the Kalos region, Alain tries his hand on 10 battles in a row against Mega evolved Pokémon in order to sharpen their skills even further! Alain aims to become "The Strongest", but how will these battles go!?

One of the opponents Lysandre has selected for Alain is, incredibly, Malva from the Elite Four!

Malva: Just like Siebold, she's one of the Kalos region's Elite Four. She's the strongest opponent in these 10 battles
Malva's partner, Mega Houndoom: It's Dark/Fire type and uses "Crunch", "Flamethrower" and the like!

Alain: "I want to become strong so that I can protect that which means much to me!!"
To be stronger than everyone else: Alain fights in pursuit of even greater power so that he can protect his loved ones!!

Loves ones, huh? I mean, I know he wants to protect Sycamore, but why plural then? Does he want to protect Mairin too?

Or are there more people that we don't know about?

Let's not forget his only true love Lizardon...

CPFY9o6UcAAfALx.jpg

Looks like Malva's officially in with TF after all! :-D

This is shaping up to be a pretty good storyline!

Last edited:
CPFY9o6UcAAfALx.jpg

Looks like Malva's officially in with TF after all! :-D

This is shaping up to be a pretty good storyline!

Increasingly suspicious with the fact Alan keeps his Mega Stone.

Did Malva lose purposely? Or Lyandre and Malva returned the stone to him? I am confused. The scan with Alan in Corcoro highly suggests that Alan is still working with Team Flare when Ash and Alan met each other. So I think the situation is likely one of these two.

Or its a wrong information and there is no bet going on at all?

Do we know if this will air before or after XY093?
It will air together with XY093 in a one hour special on October 29th. :)

XY093 is the beginning of XY&Z series.

I meant will it air first, before XY093, or second, after it? I would think ME4 would air first, since the Zygarde event will directly tie into Ash and company finding the Zygarde Core.

I meant will it air first, before XY093, or second, after it? I would think ME4 would air first, since the Zygarde event will directly tie into Ash and company finding the Zygarde Core.
OH

Yes, I agree, I think will definitely air first.

Speculation ahead:

Act IV probably ends with Alain being sent after the Zygarde core.

Meanwhile, Ash and companions find the core and continue their adventure (of course they are targeted by Team Flare). I think the final scene of XY&Z episode 1 is Alan walking past Ash and co as he heads towards the Zygarde core unaware of the fact that Ash and companions already have it.

Though I don't know whether Alain is sent after Flare fails to retrieve to Zygarde core. It would make little sense to send both Alain and Team Flare since Alain probably doesn't know yet about Lysandre's true colors.

Do we know if this will air before or after XY093?
It will air together with XY093 in a one hour special on October 29th. :)

XY093 is the beginning of XY&Z series.

Yeah, ME4 will air first leading into the crossover between the two series', especially since Zygarde core is only found in Act 4 first.

7Q05jYA.png

Here's a new summary of the episode, along with bits of text also relating to the episode, courtesy of Dephender.

Alain, who aims to become the ultimate Trainer, has returned to the Kalos region. Alain is going to battle 10 Trainer who use Mega evolved Pokemon in a row! But will he manage to win over them all!?

Blurbs:
Alain is a Trainer trying to master Mega Evolution together with his partner Charizard.
Mairin has taken an interest in Alain and travels with him.
Steven is the Champion of the Hoenn region.
Lysandre acts as Alain's boss and gives him various orders.
Something incredible happens to Mairin's on-hand Pokémon, Chespie?!
The Mega evolved Charizard is incredibly strong.
Huge battles between Mega evolved Pokemon!!
Lots of Mega evolved Pokémon, like Mega Banette, will appear!!

An exciting new TV series, Pocket Monsters XY&Z, starts this day as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom