• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really think Shovel Knight would be a good idea for Smash DLC. Firstly, Smash is a tribute to Nintendo's history, and Shovel Knight has only had a couple of years of history with Nintendo (contrast the other third party characters who have more than 15 years history). Plus, he lacks the star power or iconicness of the third parties of Smash, all of them were heavily influential to Nintendo (Mega Man,Sonic) or gaming as a whole (Snake, Pacman, Ryu) but Shovel Knight didn't really influence gaming very much.

Seems to be an unpopular opinion here, but I don't really think Shovel Knight would be a good idea for Smash DLC. Firstly, Smash is a tribute to Nintendo's history, and Shovel Knight has only had a couple of years of history with Nintendo (contrast the other third party characters who have more than 15 years history). Plus, he lacks the star power or iconicness of the third parties of Smash, all of them were heavily influential to Nintendo (Mega Man,Sonic) or gaming as a whole (Snake, Pacman, Ryu) but Shovel Knight didn't really influence gaming very much.

Thats a fair point. I do however think that Shovel Knight represents the emerging indie scene, and Nintendo has proven very interested in breaking into that market (just like the other two consoles as well). I think it's a move that would basically say 'yeah indie games are a big part of gaming culture now and we see it as a big part of what lies ahead'

I mean yes, Shovel Knight doesn't have anywhere near the fanbase of the other third party characters (no one would argue that) or near the impact on gaming as a medium. But what I would say is that he represents the indie revolution as a whole, which is having a big impact on gaming and gaming culture.

Guys? We got some new DLC added, which includes Mii Fighter costumes.

One of them is Viridi.

Guess what this means for me?

*cracks knuckles*

odd ? for this thread because i know nothing about smash

i was at gamestop and somebody told me there is blue charizard in it stupidly i said there was no blue charizards forgetting the mega but thats not what i think he meant. so can anyone enlighten me on this

i was at gamestop and somebody told me there is blue charizard in it stupidly i said there was no blue charizards forgetting the mega but thats not what i think he meant. so can anyone enlighten me on this

Well, there are no blue Charizards as far as I know. There's Megazard X, a mostly-grey beast with a light blue underbelly and dark blue wings, and there might be a blue alternate skin.

WVW69icHjVodx9ZHvH

Well, there are no blue Charizards as far as I know. There's Megazard X, a mostly-grey beast with a light blue underbelly and dark blue wings, and there might be a blue alternate skin.

I'm like 85% sure there's a blue alternate skin Charizard. I only say that because I don't have my DS in front of me so I can't check at the moment XD

FOUND THIS on serebii

there is one by alternate skins and the mega

now i feel like misty's Psyduck

I found the proper motivation to get my amiibo to level 50 myself, rather than lazily pairing them up with level 9 CPUs, AND to enjoy losing against them as well.

How, you may ask?

By playing as a Mii of Viridi.

To be honest, I didn't expect him to appear! But hey, I'll see about his moveset and see if I want him.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Cloud. I feel like Sm4sh has too many sword fighters as it is. I don't really want another.

I'm still shocked that Cloud actually got in, not that I'm complaining because I like Cloud. I agree with the above poster about having too many sword fighters.

I presume he got in because of the ballot? It's just weird that Cloud got in when Final Fantasy 7 has never been on a Nintendo console (unless the remake will be on the NX?!).

I would have thought Sora, Shovel Knight, Waluigi or Shantae would have gotten in.

I'm not okay with this at all.

What the actual fuck does Cloud have to do with Nintendo again? They can't seriously try and pull the 'FF started on Nintendo' card here, because if they did then why the fuck didn't they go with Terra from FF6? They only threw in that overhyped bitch because they knew despite the fact he's as related to Nintendo as that badger across in the other city is to me, that fanboys would throw their money at the screen.

I feel gipped. On unrelated news, anyone want my copy of Sm4sh?

>Cloud appears in Final Fantasy Explorers literally a few minutes before his Sm4sh announcement.

Fans: Cloud has NOTHING TO DO WITH NINTENDO

Super excited to see Cloud joining the battle with his limits in tow and his own unique mechanic. I don't see his inclusion being odd because he is a big well known gaming icon like the other 3rd party characters. Those saying it's dumb because he's not a Nintendo character are kinda missing the point of 3rd party characters.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Cloud. I feel like Sm4sh has too many sword fighters as it is. I don't really want another.
His moveset appears to be largely derived from Ike's, including the Final Smash. (Ike is one of my mains, so I'd recognize those swings anywhere.)

His special moves appear to be (not sure on the names here, but):
- Blade Beam
- Cross Slash
- Rising slash followed by downward strike (his recovery move)
- Charge limit break meter (I do believe this is a move you can charge at any time -- like WFT's deep breathing or Shulk's Monado Arts)

We also know his taunts:
- Materia invocation
- Victory pose
- Stands leisurely with sword in the ground
What the actual fuck does Cloud have to do with Nintendo again?
Favorite answer I've seen to that is: "That's the whole point." Square hasn't put a "main" FF on a Nintendo console since the SNES days, and the tech specs on Nintendo's last few generations have been generally under Sony and MS (another reason not to port main FFs to a Nintendo console). But who knows what will happen in the future....

Last edited:
Just came here from the Nintendo Direct. Bayonetta and the FE Fates avatar are going to be in Smash around February. Let's discuss stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom