• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available in GAME and ...

Hoopa events have been announced for parts of Europe and North America. From Oct. 23 to Nov. 5, serial codes will be distributed at GAME stores across the UK, while from Oct. 16 to Nov. 7, serial codes will be distributed at Gamestop stores in Germany. From Oct. 10 to the Oct. 11, visitors of the Firstlook Festival in Utrecht in the Netherlands will also be able to receive Hoopa.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available

Here's hoping for non-code Hoopa event in the future. I really wish they would drop this ineffective distribution method.

Re: Hoopa events announced for Europe and North America: Serial codes to be available

Here's hoping for non-code Hoopa event in the future. I really wish they would drop this ineffective distribution method.

THIS

I mean, at least some countries can get them in game stores, but in the Netherlands you can only get it at an event! I'm lucky enough I was actually at that event, but not everyone is able to travel to Utrecht and it isn't excactly cheap to get in either. It really sucks for those who couldn't be there if this is the only way you'll be able to get a Hoopa.

I got so excited to hear this...until I clicked on the link of the article and saw it was serial codes only. D: Oh well, I'll continue waiting for an online event, but still, it disappoints me a little.

Hopefully an announcement for Australia is soon to follow...

I assume this means we'll be getting the movie soon, too.

Serial codes again?

ಠ_ಠ

C'mon, Game Freak, you had my trust already with the last distributions being given out via Wi-Fi, you're coming close to breaking it again.

Serial codes again?

ಠ_ಠ

C'mon, Game Freak, you had my trust already with the last distributions being given out via Wi-Fi, you're coming close to breaking it again.

Nintendo would probably be the ones in charge of organising events, rather than the game developers...

I've noticed that they tend to have a serial code event first, and then the same event for Wi-Fi months later, so I think it's just a case of retail stores getting the rights to be first on hosting events, as they potentially turn a profit that way.

However it's being distributed, I'm just glad we finally have a chance to get the Pokémon. It's been two years since XY was released, and we've known about Hoopa and Volcanion almost that entire time. No wonder people hack the games.

I guess Volcanion will be given to us next year with Gen VII in 2017.

However it's being distributed, I'm just glad we finally have a chance to get the Pokémon. It's been two years since XY was released, and we've known about Hoopa and Volcanion almost that entire time. No wonder people hack the games.

Yeah. I'm acutely aware that I'm lucky enough to be able to simply walk down the road for a serial code ... but it would be nice to get the events actually within their own generation.

Comrades,

since its a legendary I guess they only want a limited amount of people to have it. hopefully the next distribution will be online.

They're going to release Volcanion before Gen VII. Besides, all signs point to Z being released next year (most notably, but not exclusively, the new anime subseries XY & Z), and we're incredibly unlikely t get both Z and Gen VII next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom