• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

XY Data Broadcast discussion thread

I've updated the list for the upcoming title-less episodes with the corresponding Pokemon that will most likely be in them.

We've got new Data Broadcast
XY&Z002: Quilladin
XY&Z003: Audino
XY&Z004: Litleo
XY&Z005: Darkrai
XY&Z006: Venusaur
XY&Z007: Greninja
XY&Z008: Eevee
XY&Z009: Drapion

So either Shauna is returning with her newly evolved Venusaur, a CotD has one, or we're going to Sanpei's ninja village where we meet his older brother who also has a Venusaur. Considering Ash's Frogadier is evolving in the following episode, it could be possible we're getting a 2 part episode in the ninja village which could be pretty neat.

Ash and the gang run into Tobias and his Darkrai at a Pokemon Center. Tobias says "Hey I remember you, see you at the Kalos League!" and they walk away, not to be seen again until the tournament.

So either Shauna is returning with her newly evolved Venusaur, a CotD has one, or we're going to Sanpei's ninja village where we meet his older brother who also has a Venusaur. Considering Ash's Frogadier is evolving in the following episode, it could be possible we're getting a 2 part episode in the ninja village which could be pretty neat.

I hope it's the latter, I've been wanting to see the ninja village since Sanpei's debut.

Last edited:
Darkrai, very interesting

Eevee could be the evolution

Can't. Eevee is shown to be in a Pokemon Showcase so it can't evolve yet.

Possibility that it might be the Showcase then?

I like the idea of a two-part ninja village episode where Greninja evolves, although I wouldn't say that indicates when Ash-Greninja happens. It might, but I don't expect it to.

Considering Ash's Frogadier is evolving in the following episode.

We don't know that for sure. Remember that the data broadcasts for the most part just feature a Pokemon in said episode (regardless of capacity), and are not guaranteed to be the focus of said episode. XY090's data broadcast was Farfetch'd even though it was used briefly; Pancham, who actually won the Theme Performance for Serena, was in the Quiz instead.

It is also important to remember that the data broadcast usually focuses on a Pokemon introduced or focused on in the first half of an episode. Most evolutions in the anime take place in the second half of an episode. People incorrectly believed that Ash's Goomy would evolve into Sliggoo in XY065 since Sliggoo was the data broadcast, even though Sliggoo had already evolved earliier; the Pokemon evolved into Goodra instead. It is more probable that Frogadier will evolve in XY098 or earlier, and not in XY099.

Finally we know the episode where Frogadier is going to evolve, nice <3

The Eevee ep. is probably Serena's next showcase? and Shauna probably now has a Venusaur. o_o

Considering Ash's Frogadier is evolving in the following episode.

We don't know that for sure. Remember that the data broadcasts for the most part just feature a Pokemon in said episode (regardless of capacity), and are not guaranteed to be the focus of said episode. XY090's data broadcast was Farfetch'd even though it was used briefly; Pancham, who actually won the Theme Performance for Serena, was in the Quiz instead.

It is also important to remember that the data broadcast usually focuses on a Pokemon introduced or focused on in the first half of an episode. Most evolutions in the anime take place in the second half of an episode. People incorrectly believed that Ash's Goomy would evolve into Sliggoo in XY065 since Sliggoo was the data broadcast, even though Sliggoo had already evolved earliier; the Pokemon evolved into Goodra instead. It is more probable that Frogadier will evolve in XY098 or earlier, and not in XY099.

As you said, Pokemon chosen for the Data Broadcast may or may not have a great role of importance within the episode, however they could just choose a Pokemon that's not yet been used for the Data Broadcast so that every one of them is different. For example, Sliggoo being the Data Broadcast for XY065 might be because it was the main focus of the episode? That would explain why it wasn't the data for XY061, which had Grumpig as the data instead. At best, the Data Broadcast is just a rough estimation of a Pokemon that is within the episode and plays some sort for role no matter how great or small.

Greninja being the broadcast data for XY&Z07 alludes to one of 4 possible situations;

1. Ash's Frogadier is going to evolve, which seems to be the most likely and most obvious possibility.

2. Sampei returns with his Greninja, which could end with Ash's Frogadier evolving.

3. In alignment with XY&Z06, they end up going to the ninja village. Sampei and his oldest brother both have a Greninja, and could also have Ash's Frogadier evolve.

4. A Random CotD appears with a Greninja.

Out of those four options, 2 and 3 seem the most likely to happen.

We saw in the preview of XY&Z that Ash already has Ash-Greninja when he fought against Team Flare again. Out of all the scenes in that preview, that was the only one that wasn't in XY&Z01. Not only that, but upcoming epsiode previews usually don't contain more than 3-5 episodes worth of clips, so Frogadier's evolution is definitely happening soon no matter what happens.

-XY097: Interesting to see that a Darkrai will appear in Puni-chan's dreams. I wonder if Pikachu will battle it. Crazy theory: What if this is foreshadowing to the next game having event Pokemon being catchable?
-XY098/XY099: Frogadier evolves at last! I like the ninja village theory, but that makes Sanpei's lack of appareance in the opening weird.
-XY100: Seems weird that they would squeeze a Showcase between two important episodes, but I would take that over another Eevee semi-filler.
-XY101: Obviously a Team Flare encounter. I wonder if Bisharp vs Ash Greninja happen here, because that would mean Ash Greninja happens in XY099.

Called it.

The data broadcast list has been updated in the first post.

XY106 must be the Rocket vs Flare episode we saw in the preview. I guess we have some Serena stuff in XY111-2. Hikari returns in XY 113 TROLOLOLOL jk??

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom