• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Got a question that needs answering:
I am in Rustboro City, doing a soft reset for Cranidos. Can I check the pokedex to see if I got a shiny Cranidos when the batch of them are sent to PC so I don't have to go in and out of the Pokecenter all the time?

I believe that in theory this should work, because for GTS and WT I know this happens (i.e. I got a shiny Hoothoot from WT and even though it went directly to the PC my Pokedex still registered it)

I'm not sure if the game counts me physically seeing the mon being traded is what counts as "seeing" it, however. Since you never physically "see" those fossil mons when they go to your PC, I'm not sure how the game treats that.

(also, sorry for that first weird half-reply! I'm having trouble with the mobile site...)

Last edited:
I am in Rustboro City, doing a soft reset for Cranidos. Can I check the pokedex to see if I got a shiny Cranidos when the batch of them are sent to PC so I don't have to go in and out of the Pokecenter all the time?

I believe that in theory this should work, because for GTS and WT I know this happens (i.e. I got a shiny Hoothoot from WT and even though it went directly to the PC my Pokedex still registered it)

I'm not sure if the game counts me physically seeing the mon being traded is what counts as "seeing" it, however. Since you never physically "see" those fossil mons when they go to your PC, I'm not sure how the game treats that.

(also, sorry for that first weird half-reply! I'm having trouble with the mobile site...)

I am talking about getting a shiny Cranidos by bringing them back from fossils. Can I just check the pokedex for shiny form instead of running out of the Rustboro building and entering pokemon center?

I am talking about getting a shiny Cranidos by bringing them back from fossils. Can I just check the pokedex for shiny form instead of running out of the Rustboro building and entering pokemon center?

That's why I said "in theory" and gave my reasoning.

Are there any good grinding spots (post-game, if that matters) for around Level 50 Pokemon? I'd imagine Victory Road, but I absolutely hate grinding on wild encounters.

Are there any good grinding spots (post-game, if that matters) for around Level 50 Pokemon? I'd imagine Victory Road, but I absolutely hate grinding on wild encounters.

You can use Blissey farms to help you level grind your Pokemon, you can even use the lucky egg and use the XP power O-power level 3 while using the farm with the level release on. Your Pokemon will a ton of levels quickly with them.
Official OR/AS - Blissey Secret Bases - For EXP Grinding - Printable Version

Ok I feel dumb but I'm getting tired of drowning in Ninjasks with no Shedinjas in sight: what exactly are the requirements to get Shedinja in gen VI? I goofed the first time and forgot to leave an extra space in my roster, but even when I leave room there's no Shedinja. :/

Ok I feel dumb but I'm getting tired of drowning in Ninjasks with no Shedinjas in sight: what exactly are the requirements to get Shedinja in gen VI? I goofed the first time and forgot to leave an extra space in my roster, but even when I leave room there's no Shedinja. :/

I believe you need space in your party and one empty Poke Ball.

I believe you need space in your party and one empty Poke Ball.

AHA thank you. Though it makes sense, I'm a little annoyed at that, ha ha... It means no luxury ball Shedinjas in this gen.

Are Event Legends tradeable via Wonder Trade and GTS? Because I just had something really weird happen to me.

Last week, I did some Wonder Trading and got a Victini from one of my trade partners. Said Victini was Adamant, had six perfect IVs and was in a Cherish Ball. It was supposedly a rather recent--like in October--fateful encounter at a "lovely place". It had no ribbon, the trainer name was in English and was a long string of letters and the OT number didn't look at all like a date stamp. I held onto the little guy until last night.

Last night, someone offered up a shiny Golett and they were asking for a Victini. So for the heck of it, I picked through my boxes, tapped trade and waited.... and the trade went through. Somehow, this Victini was tradeable on the GTS but I don't know how that is even possible. Has the trade rules on the GTS changed or something or has someone found a way of coding certain Mythical Pokemon to bypass the restrictions? I'm asking because I still don't see how I was able to lay hands on that Golett when a year and a half before I tried the same trade and was told to get lost.

Are Event Legends tradeable via Wonder Trade and GTS? Because I just had something really weird happen to me.

Last week, I did some Wonder Trading and got a Victini from one of my trade partners. Said Victini was Adamant, had six perfect IVs and was in a Cherish Ball. It was supposedly a rather recent--like in October--fateful encounter at a "lovely place". It had no ribbon, the trainer name was in English and was a long string of letters and the OT number didn't look at all like a date stamp. I held onto the little guy until last night.

Last night, someone offered up a shiny Golett and they were asking for a Victini. So for the heck of it, I picked through my boxes, tapped trade and waited.... and the trade went through. Somehow, this Victini was tradeable on the GTS but I don't know how that is even possible. Has the trade rules on the GTS changed or something or has someone found a way of coding certain Mythical Pokemon to bypass the restrictions? I'm asking because I still don't see how I was able to lay hands on that Golett when a year and a half before I tried the same trade and was told to get lost.

Normally, event Pokemon come with a ribbon that prevents them from being Wonder Traded or put on the GTS. The Victini you received was probably hacked.

Normally, event Pokemon come with a ribbon that prevents them from being Wonder Traded or put on the GTS. The Victini you received was probably hacked.

In BW1 one of the first events was the Liberty Ticket event, which allowed you to catch a Lv.15 Victini out on Liberty Garden island near Castelia. Because it's something you caught yourself (not receiving it directly via event) this Victini wasn't ribboned.

That's what I was thinking but I am forced to wonder how they pulled this off. I've gotten a hacked shiny level 100 Suicune via Wonder Trade that is completely untradeable after I received it, yet the Victini was sent off with zero problems. It's mind-boggling to me.
In BW1 one of the first events was the Liberty Ticket event, which allowed you to catch a Lv.15 Victini out on Liberty Garden island near Castelia. Because it's something you caught yourself (not receiving it directly via event) this Victini wasn't ribboned.
Very true, but the current GTS won't let you trade that Victini at all. I tried when Pokemon Bank was first released trying to save a few shiny Automatons and was told that "It's a special Pokemon! You can't trade it!" It's the same with Arceus and the like; even if they don't have a Ribbon, they are blocked from the system. (I am unsure about Deoxys at this point.) So the fact that this Victini, which was seemingly met in freaking Kalos or Hoenn--it had the pentagon on its status screen--could slip by the restrictions is baffling. I am at a loss here.

Question, transfered all my pokemon from AS to pokemon bank. Restarted AS. Can i transfer pokemon back to AS pre-national pokedex and still use them or will they disappear or not work correctly? For example, want to use Chimchar and another generation grass starter from the begining with Mudkip.

Question, transfered all my pokemon from AS to pokemon bank. Restarted AS. Can i transfer pokemon back to AS pre-national pokedex and still use them or will they disappear or not work correctly? For example, want to use Chimchar and another generation grass starter from the begining with Mudkip.
Yes, you should be able to use them.

They're perfectly usable, they just won't appear as entries in your regional Pokedex.

Okay, This is really bugging as I missed it during the playthrough.
Before you free the mascot pokemon in XY, you have to battle four team flare admins in any order you choose. I was wondering what the dialogue was when you re-talk with the bald admin after you beat him, specifically the bald one at the back (they stand in a diamond shape, to do this you can't battle him last otherwise the story will just go on).

Is there a list of all the clothing items from the various shops in X/Y? Have decided my character should go shopping.

Oh, thanks. That was helpful. What can I do about accidentally buying the wrong clothes?

Oh, thanks. That was helpful. What can I do about accidentally buying the wrong clothes?
Can't do anything since you can't return it, all you can do with them is wear it. You can always go into the dressing room and try out clothes to see what you like the most before buying them.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom