• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Hoopa — The Mischief Pokémon

Not too surprising, but TPCi did remove this scene from the Hoopa short.

11_pee.png

I always worry these little intros (specials) will bore me to death and make me less excited for the movie, but this one was more interesting.
I actually genuinely laughed about 3 times, and I liked how it ended leading into the movie too.

I'm still not sure about Hoopa's english voice actor, that could get very very annoying. I'm about to watch the movie today and I'm excited though :)

I don't watch the dub anymore so I don't know...but is the dialogue usually as clunky and awkward as it is in this special? The actors aren't really acting as much as they're coldly reading words off a page and the way the show's written it sounds more like people talking at each other than talking to each other.

I don't watch the dub anymore so I don't know...but is the dialogue usually as clunky and awkward as it is in this special? The actors aren't really acting as much as they're coldly reading words off a page and the way the show's written it sounds more like people talking at each other than talking to each other.

You saw this special? If so, I'm thinking there will be a comparison page for this movie coming up soon.

I hold the dub in a much higher regard than you do, but I have to admit that except for Hoopa, no one was acted too well in this short. Hopefully the film itself improves in that regard. If not, then at least the main cast performances (which have not disappointed from the moment XY's dub began) will remain excellent and overshadow the new guys.

As for the short itself, it looks to be more significant than the time-waster poor Diancie got to accompany her movie. And TPCi, super kudos to you for removing that golden shower bit. Sorry, but no show other than South Park appears to be able to do body humor right anymore.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom