• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never went into full disbelief before, but until I see scans, I refusento believe Volcanion this month.
Denial doesn't suit you.

Or at the very least, Eternal Floette better be the damn movie star if this is really happening,
Eternal Floette may not be available yet, but it was featured in XY. There is no reason to give it more spotlight than Volcanion.

I know that Volcanion is going to be revealed eventually, Gamefreak would never just jump to the next generation and skip a Pokemon that was never released yet. At least we get to know more about Volcanion, we know less about Volcanion then what we know about Zygarde. Lets see what's going to happen next. :)

Last edited:
Well I guess we should expect the Hoopa treatment as in Volcanion will get a new forme whenever the next game is announced

Well there it is. I guess Volcanion out in the open means big things for the series in 2016, things are moving pretty fast at the moment. Its a pretty curious situation we are in. No games on the horizon, Zygarde has its powers running about in the Anime, and tje final event mon which would be a February reveal in normal circumstances gets revealed in December, with nothing left for February, except perhaps a varistion in a mon that has been in the spotlight for the games only at this point. I really want to be abfly in GFs wall right now.

There is no mention of Zygarde being in the movie. I'm just pointing that out to anyone who jumped to conclusions based on a very preliminary teaser.

People are gonna be so pissed about this lol. I still think it's possible that Z or whatever could be revealed out-of-the-blue, like OR/AS was. Volcanion's reveal also means that it's more likely the next announcement could be related to Zygarde, unless Volcanion has a new forme/Mega Evolution/whatever in store.

Volcanion being revealed without a movie title means that the real movie star is being kept a secret, and it certainly isn't Zygarde. A Volcanion form has no effect on the title.

It's sad that a lot of people don't realize this.

Volcanion being revealed without a movie title means that the real movie star is being kept a secret, and it certainly isn't Zygarde. A Volcanion form has no effect on the title.

It's sad that a lot of people don't realize this.
Who do you think is going to be the movie's star?

That much is certain, I have been ssying it for days, everyrhing and anything is possible with Volcanion being thid months news. I doubt a game reveal till February now, and I am really interested to see whatbthisball leads to.

I am disappointed about this corocoro. Sure Volcanion is officially released but I already knew about it's existence. If gen 7 comes before Zygarde's game, then I am going to be ticked off because gen 6 should not end with ORAS which weren't as satisfying as XY.

I don't follow you. The naming of the issue doesn't mean that it has news relevant to February.
If Gen 7 is truly coming then January would be a good time to have direct to inform everyone about it.

If Gen 7 is truly coming then January would be a good time to have direct to inform everyone about it.
It arguably makes more sense to wait until the 20th anniversary at this point.

I still think that Kalos should get a story-driven app or spin-off game to wrap up this generation in a way that will hopefully not disappoint people, while not detracting from the release of a new generation. If so, that's what they should announce next month.

Looks like we'll probably be seeing Generation VII in 2016 after all, if @Silktree is (likely) correct. I expect the reveal anytime between early January and late February. Regarding the whole not leaving Kalos behind and such, why not just use Kalos as the post-game? Just like Kanto was in Gen II? Sounds good to me. Plus, it would provide an actual serious post-game in a generation-starting pair for the first time (for real tho) since Gen II.

I'm excited, especially if it roughly follows my predictions about Gen VII being a sequel to Kalos Gen VI, just as Gen II Johto was to Gen I Kanto. Zygarde/Kalos post-game content/story.

I'm excited, especially if it roughly follows my predictions about Gen VII being a sequel to Kalos Gen VI, just as Gen II Johto was to Gen I Kanto. Zygarde/Kalos post-game content/story.
Considering that the games will most likely be released an entire year after the reveal of the Zygarde Formes, I don't find this a good idea, nor do I expect Game Freak to deliver that much post-game content. They should wrap up Kalos in early 2016 outside the main series and make Complete Forme usable in the next generation.

It arguably makes more sense to wait until the 20th anniversary at this point.

I still think that Kalos should get a story-driven app or spin-off game to wrap up this generation in a way that will hopefully not disappoint people, while not detracting from the release of a new generation. If so, that's what they should announce next month.

No. Zygarde should not be on an app or spin-off only. It deserves its own game. If Kalos appears as a second region in gen 7 then it is going to be muck up like GSC and HGSS with their double region.

Considering that the games will most likely be released an entire year after the reveal of the Zygarde Formes, I don't find this a good idea, nor do I expect Game Freak to deliver that much post-game content. They should wrap up Kalos in early 2016 outside the main series and make Complete Forme usable in the next generation.

Gen II's post-game was that big. Exploring all of Kanto and getting all of its badges and having a little story to boot. There's precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom