• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they introduce a new region now either Kalos would be blatantly left shallow and unfinished or the new region would steal focus away from Kalos and it would end up being like Kanto in GSCHGSS where Kalos ends up even more shallow and unfinished.

What makes you think that Game Freak couldn't have learned from the error of their ways? Assuming the next installment does indeed include two regions, maybe one of the reasons why it's taking so long to release is because they're making sure everything feels like a full fledged experience in not only the new region but in Kalos too. They do always say that third time's a charm. There's always room for improvement and just because things might have not worked out great in the past doesn't mean they can't work out great in the future.

Also what I forgot to mention is the fact, that Thousand Waves and Arrows exist. An event with Zygarde and these moves is unlikely, since there's already an event with Zygarde. Two unrevealed moves + 1 more (Light of Ruin) is one more evidence, that there something with Zygarde in the near future. If they would wrap up Zygarde in the anime, then the event should've been with these two moves.

I am sure Zygarde would appear in the pokemon movie with Volcanion. It is the only one left to appear in a movie and there is plenty of room for it. If we are not getting a Kalos game this gen, we aren't getting one in gen 7 and it is better that way. After GSC and HGSS muck up with two regions, it would be better for Kalos to appear as a single region in gen 6 and Zygarde should not be the star of or be a post game pokemon of gen 7. They need to hurry up with the announcement.

I am sure Zygarde would appear in the pokemon movie with Volcanion. It is the only one left to appear in a movie and there is plenty of room for it. If we are not getting a Kalos game this gen, we aren't getting one in gen 7 and it is better that way. After GSC and HGSS muck up with two regions, it would be better for Kalos to appear as a single region in gen 6 and Zygarde should not be the star of or be a post game pokemon of gen 7. They need to hurry up with the announcement.
Come on. It's been 13 months since oras, and there was a gap of 20 months between DP and platinum's reveal. The waiting now is nothing compared to it.

Also Volcanion's art looks really good :D

No one's posted it anywhere... :'( I wanna see it.

Edit: Looking at Volcanion's art next to its in-game screenshot it's sad how washed out the colours of the Gen VI models are. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise it was that bad. Volcanion is supposed to be a much darker red according to its art, instead it looks a much paler red in the games. :/

I've been bitching about the horribly colored Gen. 6 models since X and Y released lol But hearing this, I need to see how dark Volcanion really is.

I have a few questions regarding what is coming next, after this Volcanion reveal:

- People are talking about the absence of a Mew mega forme yet, and are speculating that one could come with a Kanto re-visit in the second half of next year, after the warm up with VGC Kanto during the first half.

- People are pointing out the very suspicious absence of Jirachi in ORAS. Could this mean an other Hoenn game? Or a Kalos - Hoenn crossover?

Mew will most likely not get a Mega anytime soon. In fact, since Mew is so elusive in both real life and every canon, I'd bet that it would be one of the very last to get Mega's.

As for Jirachi, it gets namedropped in Archie's hideout, and aside from that it's an event Pokémon. It doesn't have to appear in OR/AS at all, especially when X/Y did events for it.

I have a few questions regarding what is coming next, after this Volcanion reveal:

- People are talking about the absence of a Mew mega forme yet, and are speculating that one could come with a Kanto re-visit in the second half of next year, after the warm up with VGC Kanto during the first half.

- People are pointing out the very suspicious absence of Jirachi in ORAS. Could this mean an other Hoenn game? Or a Kalos - Hoenn crossover?

- We have never had a new region featured in only one game of it's generation. We have ALWAYS gotten a second game o in that region in the same gen. Will they really break this rule?

........ All the evidence is pointing to gen VII next... except these contradictory points from above.. How could those be answered?

First off, there would no Kanto re-visit for this gen apart from RBY going on the virtual console.
Second, a crossover sounds interesting but both Kalos and Hoenn are fairly big so I wouldn't count on it.
Third, I am not sure what you mean but Z would be a final Kalos region game like Platinum was for Sinnoh.
Fourth, there is no evidence of a gen 7. There is only speculation.

I won't be happy of gen 6 ended without a game for Zygarde and I don't want it to be post game for gen 7 either. It should have its own game in gen 6.

No one's posted it anywhere... :'( I wanna see it.

corocoro1162.jpg

What makes you think that Game Freak couldn't have learned from the error of their ways? Assuming the next installment does indeed include two regions, maybe one of the reasons why it's taking so long to release is because they're making sure everything feels like a full fledged experience in not only the new region but in Kalos too. They do always say that third time's a charm. There's always room for improvement and just because things might have not worked out great in the past doesn't mean they can't work out great in the future.

They've had enough problems providing enough content for a one region game now, do you really trust them with two? They'd be doing double the amount of work that they did with XY and ORAS, so that wouldn't be some couple month delay for them to polish up a two region game, they'd need 1+ years to get such a game right most likely. And at that point it probably wouldn't be worth it to them so they shouldn't even bother. Ultimately it'd be more worth their time to stick with Kalos and mold it into a more worthwhile experience than trying to double the game's size and balance all of that. It's simply not very feasible for them to attempt multiple regions, especially nowadays.

Come on. It's been 13 months since oras, and there was a gap of 20 months between DP and platinum's reveal. The waiting now is nothing compared to it.

The amount of time since the last game isn't what's making the wait for this next game painful. It's the amount of time that we've known about Zygarde's new forms and Ash Greninja that's causing the impatience. They rarely tease new forms more than 3 months ahead of a game announcement, and they haven't done so at all since before DP were announced. We've known about Zygarde Complete for 5 months now and people are getting sick of them shoving it in our face without giving us the opportunity to actually use them in the main games. Giving us hints about what's in store tends to make waiting much more excruciating, and the fanbase feels that Game Freak is trolling them by doing this.

They've had enough problems providing enough content for a one region game now, do you really trust them with two? They'd be doing double the amount of work that they did with XY and ORAS, so that wouldn't be some couple month delay for them to polish up a two region game, they'd need 1+ years to get such a game right most likely. And at that point it probably wouldn't be worth it to them so they shouldn't even bother. Ultimately it'd be more worth their time to stick with Kalos and mold it into a more worthwhile experience than trying to double the game's size and balance all of that. It's simply not very feasible for them to attempt multiple regions, especially nowadays.

I agree with you Bolt the Cat. HGSS and the originals had issues with several things such as wild pokemon in Kanto being low levels. Instead a second region, we could get some new smaller areas which wouldn't take much from Kalos and vice-versa.

The game I want next: Pokemon Z, with a new sub region being a group of islands, north of Azure Bay. And a few new southern towns, around Kiloude.

What I suspect they are making: Gen VII, with a big link to Kalos, in one way or another.

Probably Gen VII or maybe, but very unlikely, sequels. In Japan there was a two year gap between BW and its sequels. I know it does not mean nothing but I have hope for Kalos to be done "right", fully fleshed out, in sequels or Z.
But probably Volcanion is just an event for ORAS and GF is preparing Gen VII.

Probably Gen VII or maybe, but very unlikely, sequels. In Japan there was a two year gap between BW and its sequels. I know it does not mean nothing but I have hope for Kalos to be done "right", fully fleshed out, in sequels or Z.
But probably Volcanion is just an event for ORAS and GF is preparing Gen VII.

Volcanion doesn't really have anything to unlock in ORAS though. Diancie had mega stone unlocked when you go into pokemon centre and Hoopa unlocks the Prison Bottle at the pokemart. I do want Pokemon Z to happen before gen 7 but it looks kind of grim at the moment.

What the actual fuck? Real Volcanion is almost BROWN FFS, why is it orange-red in the game? Though that does explain why he's listed as brown in the Pokédex, I guess.

They really, really, really need to step up the colorings on the models for next Gen... I have no idea why the colors were almost universally off. They were all perfect in the Pokédex App models, which I assume were the prototypes for the X/Y models.

Volcanion doesn't really have anything to unlock in ORAS though. Diancie had mega stone unlocked when you go into pokemon centre and Hoopa unlocks the Prison Bottle at the pokemart. I do want Pokemon Z to happen before gen 7 but it looks kind of grim at the moment.
Forgive me, I wasn't thinking too much. Volcanion maybe has its new form in the probable Gen VII, amd as much as I'd like to have a Z too, Trollfreak is probably going to make a new Gen and is just playing with our expectations. But I think GF will not dump into trash the Zygarde formes, and that theyre gonna feature them in the post game or something. But Zygarde should have its own game, it is the Order to Xerneas Life and Yveltal Death. Agh sometimes I despise Trollfreak even if they make the games I like

Imo all our expectations, speculation and often disappointments, comes from this: Junichi Masuda LOVES to improvise. This is the key. We are CONSTANTLY looking for patterns, both in game and between games, and Masuda breaks those patterns all the time, and we suffer with that, because we thought patterns were a thing in Game Freak, but they aren't.

Masuda is doing this since day 1 : he removed the day & night cycle from gen II, and everybody was like WHAAAAT!?
He removed Seasons from Gen V
He removed the Frontier after Gen IV.
He removed difficulty levels after Gen V... Etc.

He always gives us something instead of what he removed (usually giving us more than what is held back) but people are still like: "but where is this or that feature? It was in the previous version". We want everything in one game, but GF know this is not a wise decision, so they rotate the features to keep us surprised.

Same with release patterns: we are all expecting a third version because there has always been a third version, and BOOM! Sequels.
This time we are all saying: "But there is always a second game in a region, before moving on" and Game Freak can break this pattern as well, simply because they want to surprise people. And because they fear people will lose interest in the games if they give us the same content and releases every game.

Last edited:
Imo all our expectations, speculation and often disappointments, comes from this: Junichi Masuda LOVES to improvise. This is the key. We are CONSTANTLY looking for patterns, both in game and between games, and Masuda breaks those patterns all the time, and we suffer with that, because we thought patterns were a thing in Game Freak, but they aren't.

Masuda is doing this since day 1 : he removed the day & night cycle from gen II, and everybody was like WHAAAAT!?
He removed Seasons from Gen V
He removed the Frontier after Gen IV.
He removed difficulty levels after Gen V... Etc.

He always gives us something instead of what he removed (usually giving us more than what is held back) but people are always like: "but where is this or that feature? It was in the previous version...". We want everything in one game, but GF know this is not a wise decision, so they rotates the features to keep us surprised.

Same with release patterns: we are all expecting a third version because there has always been a third version, and BOOM! Sequels.
This time we are all saying: "But there is always a second game in a region, before moving on" and Game Freak can break this pattern as well, simply because they want to surprise people.

This times a million. I agree with everything you said above. We all know that Junichi Masuda likes to surprise us and what surprise would there be with giving us a Z version? That's right, none. Last generation should be a lesson to us all when there were people who were expecting a Pokémon Gray version to go alongside Black and White. We should be a little bit more open minded and take that into account when speculating about the next game(s).

I have absolutely no idea what is coming next, and the thought of that absolutely excites me. One day an announcement could drop just like boom.

So, let's make up another false date for everyone to get excited over; whenever the XY & Z anime season starts airing in the United States. Maybe we'll hear an announcement then.

This times a million. I agree with everything you said above. We all know that Junichi Masuda likes to surprise us and what surprise would there be with giving us a Z version? That's right, none. Last generation should be a lesson to us all when there were people who were expecting a Pokémon Gray version to go alongside Black and White. We should be a little bit more open minded and take that into account when speculating about the next game(s).
Exactly! Masuda has been trying to tell us just that since he became the director at GF, but we never listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom