• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Desdar is referring to Volcanion when talking about V-man. A Komainu is a Japanese lion-dog statue, this... Komainu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oops I see they already responded to you, lol.
Yup, if this is correct then all of this is being built like a weird trilogy. With Oras being the start XY being the second part and Whatever comes next being the finale that answers all of the questions posed in the two previous entries.
That's pretty unique if you ask me because it's a continuation of a story that never loses a beat.

Yup, if this is correct then all of this is being built like a weird trilogy. With Oras being the start XY being the second part and Whatever comes next being the finale that answers all of the questions posed in the two previous entries.
That's pretty unique if you ask me because it's a continuation of a story that never loses a beat.
Hmmm... A trilogy sounds awesome. Except the third part is usually the weakest xD I am obviously talking about films xD

I would like to challenge this claim. What's your take on the Strange Souvenir? Do you believe it was referencing an NX generation on the first day of a four-year 3DS generation or do you believe it has no meaning? Like it or not, Game Freak had a reason for including it in XY, and it would be meaningless if it was just referring to a completely standard future.

If you all want a Kalos game, I have no quarrel. Just know that Game Freak gave us evidence suggesting different games. I don't believe they expect us to wait a fourth year for the games they actually hinted towards. To be blunt, I have no idea why people don't want a new generation next year...
Because people, and myfself included, think the 6 generation is unfinished. There were Pokemons hinted and unexplored. And traditionaly there always a third game, so people are expecting for it.

Yeah, it's hinted a new region, but doesn't mean that will be now. I think it was made to assure fans of a new generation, also generate speculation threads in forums, etc... Because if we go by that logic, the new region would be imediatelly realesed after xy, but ORAS was realesed, so it's not the case.

Hmmm... A trilogy sounds awesome. Except the third part is usually the weakest xD I am obviously talking about films xD
Usually Lol, however what got me thinking about all this was some of the hidden lore in Oras and how it really compliments XY in a way almost like a prequel if you will, while XY as a sequel which sets the pieces in motion, and the final act will reveal everything that we want to know. Most Pokémon games lack a strong connection but it seems like GF is going out of their way to connect all the Gen 6 games somehow.

Such elements exist in past regions. Game Freak never promised us anything about the Power Plant or Malva.
Can you name them. I will concede we never saw the Original Dragon in Gen 5, but what other glaring plot holes did Game Freak choose to ignore?
The Picross password (which will be revealed on Pokenchi), the promo card and Tretta all reference the anime. Right now Ash Greninja is completely anime-centric, and it is still hard to see how it will be incorporated into the main series, which would have to explain its origin rather than just leaving it as an anime tie-in.
So you think 4 to 5 different parts of the franchise are all going out of their way to promote something, that paying customers will never actually be able to buy? Similar with the Zygarde lines in total, all this effort in making new formes, new stories, hyping for a game that will never come? I don't claim to understand Pokemon's business model but that makes no sense to me.
I don't see how it is obvious, and there is absolutely no reason why they can't give it a form as part of a new generation, considering they did just that with Mewtwo. Volcanion has already been tied to other regions in the ORAS event.
Mewtwo didn't get a new form of its own. The introduced a brand new concept of Mega Evolutions of which it received one. What you are suggesting would be equivalent of Black2 and White2 never existing, just ending Gen 5 with N flying off, then someone in XY randomly handing you the Gene Splicer and leading you to find out Kyurem has 2 random forms.
Merchandise implies that Complete Forme will appear in March. Logic dictates that the Zygarde plot will be concluded then; they can keep using the XYZ title until they wrap up the region.
To quote your earlier line, I think it is you are clutching at straws here. They announce some merchandise, and this leads you to believe that the whole thing will be wrapped up by that point, and then they will just carry on referring to Z even though Z will be long gone. Why then were Adventurs in Unova not named M's adventures in Unova? Instead of XY&Z during the Goodra arc it could have been called XY and Goomy. I think it is made very clear that the Z is special, hence why it changes the name of the whole season, and the announcer in the film trailer even exclaimed AND Z
If Best Wishes lasted 140 episodes, so can this series. It's up to Game Freak.

That isn't the point. We've waited 5 months since the Zygarde Formes were teased and 3 months since they were revealed; we should definitely be wondering why no game has been announced yet.
Plenty of games have come some time after forme reveals. I find it illogical that you try and use formes clearly intended for a new game, as some sort of evidence to suggest there will be no new game?
I don't expect Kalos to be abandoned; I do agree that Eternal Floette needs to be made available and that Zygarde's lore should be explained (although I see nothing wrong with Complete Forme being exclusive to a new generation in terms of playability). But none of this means that we're getting another main series release for Kalos. The "unique ways" Masuda mentioned could definitely allude to a spin-off game released in early 2016, which would explain why the Zygarde promotion is coming to a close in March with VGC not moving on from ORAS.
I can't speak for the whole fandom, but I personally am sick of spin offs. And while Masuda spoke of resolving Gen 6 in different ways, I can't really see him outsourcing the finale of a 5 to 6 year project (assuming they started XY in 2012) to some 3rd party spin off maker, or app developer.
I expect people who are oh-so sure that Z is coming to at least explain why the Zygarde Formes and Volcanion were revealed earlier than expected.

Were they revealed earlier than expected? I fully expected Volcanion in this December issue, and I believe we will see some more from him form wise in February/March.

They've never really promised anything about Malva, and don't unexplored areas exist in the past regions?

Ash Greninja... Eh, I can see it being relevant to Generation 7 if we do move onto it.

There's nothing suggesting Volcanion is getting something right now so far, how is it obvious?
Well at the moment he is just a Pokemon that can create steam, not much of a story in that. Every other end of gen mythical Pokemon has been special. Genesect had its drives, Arceus had its plates, Deoxys its forms, Celebi could travel in time, Mew had a clone and was the ancestor of all Pokemon. A pokemon that just makes steam, isn't in the same league. Like with Hoopa and Diancie, there is something more to it.
As for Zygarde, keep in mind they're doing something different with it instead of doing the same thing as Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem.
Funny you should mention Rayquaza, I see parallels, just as it had a rivalry with Deoxys (final mythical of Emerald) across multiple media, I can see Zygarde the protector of the eco system, having a rivalry with Volcanion (creature that goes around flattening landscapes, causing fog and blowing up mountains.
I don't understand what's the problem with moving onto Generation 7. It can /still/ be in Kalos, but in the southern area, and have us travel around the entire region, yet people keep insisting on it being something completely new. That doesn't have to be the case, they can break the pattern if they wanted to. I doubt they'll ignore Volcanion, Eternal Flower Floette, Zygarde, and Greninja, Delphox, and Chesnaught in the main series games if they do move onto Generation 7.

Under most people's defintion a game still featuring Kalos, even a new area of Kalos and following the previous gens Pokemon, is not by most definitions a new gen.

I would like to challenge this claim. What's your take on the Strange Souvenir? Do you believe it was referencing an NX generation on the first day of a four-year 3DS generation or do you believe it has no meaning? Like it or not, Game Freak had a reason for including it in XY, and it would be meaningless if it was just referring to a completely standard future.

If you all want a Kalos game, I have no quarrel. Just know that Game Freak gave us evidence suggesting different games. I don't believe they expect us to wait a fourth year for the games they actually hinted towards. To be blunt, I have no idea why people don't want a new generation next year...

So, between yourself and Silktree the case for Gen 7 is that a ton of plotholes, missing features and loose ends can be swept under the rug, but a rather uninteresting key item can simply not be ignored?

It looks like GF is taking cues from LVL 5 and are marketing all things in one big basket to build up interest\ want and it's working wonders.
All the parts are slowly falling into place too.

Until I see a silhouette of a gen 7 pokemon, I going to keep believing in one more gen 6 game. Each gen (apart from RBY and FRLG) focuses on the legendary mascot that was introduced in that gen. Gen 7 wouldn't focus on a previous gen legendary when it has its own legendaries to focus upon. Not to mention that there are lots of things left to do for the next Kalos game. Also each gen (starting with gen 3 had two legendary pokemon of a trio to start off the gen and the third member of the trio to star in a third version or sequels.

In Ruby and Sapphire, Kyogre and Groudon are the star of the games while Rayquaza wasn't noticeable. Emerald came and Rayquaza got the attention it deserved. Diamond and Pearl had Dialga and Palkia while Giratina was almost invisible to everyone. Then we got Platinum and Giratina got attention like Rayquaza did. Black and White had Reshiram and Zekrom as the mascots and they got most of the attention while Kyurem was barely known in the games. Black 2 and White 2 came which gave Kyurem the spotlight that Rayquaza and Giratina had gotten themselves.

It is unconfirmed that Zygarde is part of a trio of Xerneas and Yveltal. But considering it is the only legendary pokemon of gen 6 left that is not an event, Zygarde should be considered the third game/sequels mascot and would get the attention like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. I know patterns have been broken but I feel that this one is something that shouldn't be broken. Logic says that we would be getting a game with Zygarde as mascot. I know that some people are leaning towards gen 7 because we still didn't got an announcement but I think that we should hold on a little longer until we know for sure that gen 7 is on its way.

The Giratina movie aired 2 months before the release of Platinum. Why can't the Z movie air around the same time or even before the release of Pokemon Z?

Arceus was revealed in the February of 2009 , a full 7 months before appearing in the Arceus movie. Now Silktree may rush to point out that Volcanion has been revealed 2 months before February, but as explained I think it is more than likely there is more to Volcanion than what we currently see which can be revealed in February.

I don't understand why people think that a Gen VII game will include Kalos as the main region. That's still Gen VI, but it's being called Gen VII for no reason. There is hardly-to-no evidence of Gen VII, while there is plenty of evidence for Gen VI. Gen VII won't have Kalos as the main region, because new Gens have new Pokémon and new regions with new storylines. Why would Gen VII do Gen VI's job? You can't just call Gen VI a Gen VII game for no reason. Do you understand where I am coming from? Please tell me why we should move on to Gen VII and why it could include Kalos.

That trailer definitely did not imply anything but Volcanion. The Pokemon flying by felt like a culmination of all that gen 6 featured leading up to Volcanion. Honsestly felt likeba generation closer damn it

People aren't really claiming there's real "evidence" for it. The only real allusion to it is the strange souvenir, which is tongue in cheek at best.

What people are claiming is that the promotional cycle this time has been...unusual. It's different to the usual cycles we've became somewhat accustomed in the past. It can't be denied that Game Freak have been promoting things differently this year from the movie's airdate onwards.

Last edited:
As it is officially confirmed that we are going to see league by May in the anime, we can predict a new generation by September 2016.

And that is kind of obvious that there is going to be at least one other Gen 6 game, I think we are going to be able to get to know about news very soon. Maybe in January or February.

I just hope the second verses will be like BW2 as two different versions and years later with new story instead if a cheap remake.

Wait when did we get confirmation of the league by May? You know what, leave that for a second. I know globes in the Anime are the least trustworthy things, but weren't the clouds really suspicious? Alos it looks like tje area zoomed in on is in the middle of the sea, and the clouds felt like they WERE hiding something, as you can see mountains pokng through right when Zygarde Complete passes by. If they do leave Kalos and this takes place in some post league filler land(or is this someplace inroduced in the gamds if out by then) would that not suggest they have plans to extend the anime past the league? I doubt a filler arc would happenbif they want to jump ship to gen 7.

I don't understand what's the problem with moving onto Generation 7. It can /still/ be in Kalos, but in the southern area, and have us travel around the entire region, yet people keep insisting on it being something completely new. T

Well, if the next game is on the same handheld, is in the same region and has the same starters...how is it then the next generation? It would just be another gen 6 game, just not a 'third version'.

I honestly don't really care whether we get another gen 6 game or gen 7 starts next year, as long as we get customization again. But if we do get a gen 7 game, please just leave Kalos out of it and give us something new.

However, I do think there should be another Kalos game, simply because I think the Kalos starters deserve a Mega Evolution of some sort. Now they get overshadowed by the Kanto starters and they deserve more than that. I also doubt Ash-Greninja is anime only, it would be weird to leave a new mechanic like that out of the games, especially since it looks like a form of Mega Evolution, which the Kalos starters don't have yet. Though, if that new mechanic means that the starters will all Mega Evolve to look like Ash... then please no.

I'm kinda expecting some sort of gen 6.5 now.

First off, because the movie will feature Volcanion. Who will star alongside it? We haven't had a solo movie star since movie 9 so that's unlikely.

Zygarde will gets its showcase in XY&Z. The only possible Pokemon left is Eternal Floette but how likely is that to happen? Not to mention that the movie teaser showcased Perfect Zygarde together with all the other XY legends who got to appear in the movies.

That leaves either a brand new Pokemon or some Mega Evolution of an existing legendary.

Of course, it is always possible that the movie only features Volcanion, but as I already said, I find that unlikely to happen.

Not to mention that the New Years' special will show clips of Ash's League battles essentially confirming that we're getting the League sometime in 2016. What comes after the League? If gen 6.5 is a thing, then possibly some distant region that introduces first generation 7 Pokemon.

So my guess is that the next set of games will feature Kalos/Zygarde in connection to a new, smaller region.

I think it will be Southern Kalos. And Northern Kalos in the post game... How awesome would that be? And we have the Volcanion hints of it.

But at the same time, I do agree with @Silktree that the marketing they are doing seems to be pointing to a new gen, especially having Pokemon Go in 2016, since... it makes sense to release such a product with a new generation, so your beloved mobile users can use it for a whole generation, not just for one game.

And ORAS has been confirmed as the game used for the next World Championships. It is very suspicious...

I mean, all the logic in the world seems to point to an other Kalos based gen VI game. All my logic is. But we could be falling in the Original Dragon gen V trap.

Also, if Volcanion's in game text is pointing to Southern Kalos, well... Is the Battle Frontier sign pointing to a Delta Emerald game? Quite unlikely. I mean, we should remember some people are still waiting for a DLC with the Frontier. Because, hey, GF has always had DLC, right?

Last edited:
The Giratina movie aired 2 months before the release of Platinum. Why can't the Z movie air around the same time or even before the release of Pokemon Z?

Arceus was revealed in the February of 2009 , a full 7 months before appearing in the Arceus movie. Now Silktree may rush to point out that Volcanion has been revealed 2 months before February, but as explained I think it is more than likely there is more to Volcanion than what we currently see which can be revealed in February.

Why are you so passive aggressive? You've just signed up here and yet you're acting like this discussion is personal and taking any chance to slight Silktree.

I think we need to take a step back and realise we're only discussing a game here. It isn't that serious of a topic.

Hmm. Seeing the Kalos League next year doesn't necessarily mean we'll see Gen VII next year.

Look at the Gen III anime - Ash went to the Hoenn League pretty quickly, and the Kanto Battle Frontier arc followed. This happened again in the BW2 anime seies, with the League not happening at the end of the generation, and the N Arc/Decolora Islands arc filled the gap between the league finishing & the X/Y series starting.

@Meta Boss

Do you mean north east, beyond the Frost Cavern? As the rest of north of Kalos is just...sea.

South & East of Kalos would be fair game, though.

Hmm. Seeing the Kalos League next year doesn't necessarily mean we'll see Gen VII next year.

Look at the Gen III anime - Ash went to the Hoenn League pretty quickly, and the Kanto Battle Frontier arc followed. This happened again in the BW2 anime seies, with the League not happening at the end of the generation, and the N Arc/Decolora Islands arc filled the gap between the league finishing & the X/Y series starting.

@Meta Boss

Do you mean north east, beyond the Frost Cavern? As the rest of north of Kalos is just...sea.

South & East of Kalos would be fair game, though.
No, I meant from a Southern Kalos point, the Kalos we know is Northern Kalos. So basically XY Kalos. My mistake xD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom