• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any in game mythical pokemon, I would assume it would be mew. Besides the 4 legendary Pokenon I have in mind, I would like to think the mini region could be where mew originally came from. Finding it in the wild after talking to NPCs lart of the original expidition could be a great way to start going after it, with a dungeon or perhaps a really big forest being where you find it. If not the SS region, perhaps a mini region off its coast? Would love for them to bridge things like that, it would be a huge surprise.

If Mew overshadows Kalos, I can imagine a new trending topic for Kalos: #Too Much Kanto

If there is any in game mythical pokemon, I would assume it would be mew. Besides the 4 legendary Pokenon I have in mind, I would like to think the mini region could be where mew originally came from. Finding it in the wild after talking to NPCs lart of the original expidition could be a great way to start going after it, with a dungeon or perhaps a really big forest being where you find it. If not the SS region, perhaps a mini region off its coast? Would love for them to bridge things like that, it would be a huge surprise.

Well, we do have Mewtwo in XY, so Mew wouldn't be that farfetch'd and it has been a while since we had an event. Yeah, let's go with Mew because I think Arceus and/or Darkrai should be saved for gen 4 remakes. Of course I wouldn't mind Jirachi since it was the only gen 3 pokemon that was not available in ORAS and only Japan had gotten most of the events for it. So either Mew or Jirachi would do but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

I think the announcement will occur in January, and Z will be released on October 2016. For X and Y's 3rd anniversary. Thoughts?

I doubt we'll get Z specifically. It's too obvious and Gamefreak wouldn't spoil their own game title before it was announced.

I bet it will be something shocking.

I have a theory is what if they will continue the trend of Gen 6 mirroring Gen 3 and Gen 1. Masuda said he wanted to do it differently and be unexpected. People are commenting that it's strange that we are seeing Z in the anime and other media before in game. People also complain Gen 6 Kalos has a lot of Kanto elements. What if Z follows the anime much more closely. Just as Yellow incorporated the anime into it, what if this new game incorporates the anime into it? This would explain things like Ash Greninja. We could possibly even see characters like Alain (referenced in Oras in the Shiny Beldum event), and could have Puni Chan follow us around (possibly as a Non Pokemon)

Did I miss something? Why is everyone talking about S.Kalos? I always thought the Kalos region was bigger than let on, or at least connected to something bigger.

I think they were talking about the south part of Kalos where Kiloude City was in. Some might speculate that it might be in Z or something. I would of thought there be a region on the east side of Kalos but I dunno.

If Mew overshadows Kalos, I can imagine a new trending topic for Kalos: #Too Much Kanto
Why would it overshadow Kalos? Kalos would be expanded and focused on in the main plot with Zygarde and hopefully as a sequel, while the post league contenr could be sonethinf entirely new to give us content.
I doubt we'll get Z specifically. It's too obvious and Gamefreak wouldn't spoil their own game title before it was announced.

I bet it will be something shocking.
Sequels to Kalos that also act as prequels to gen 7 in the post league is my current notion. Would be something they haven't done before. That, or sequels to Kalos, that have a post league in a mini region off the coast of the gen 7 region, and we find out that like 5 years ago or something an evil team took over and someone disbanded them. And then bam, gen 7 is exactly that.

Did I miss something? Why is everyone talking about S.Kalos? I always thought the Kalos region was bigger than let on, or at least connected to something bigger.
South Kalos apparently has a mountain clan that worships Volcanion, and apparently there are mountain ranges ut created. It would mak sense if there is a small part of Kalos introduced that has such a people and locale now that Volcanion is out and abojt.

It's skimmed over just like the others. It is obviously not going to have a big role in the movie and will probably just appear in the opening much like in this trailer.

If you're so sure that another Kalos game is coming, why are you looking so hard for evidence?

And if you're so sure that Gen. 7 is next, why not let others have their "delusions"? What is the point in constantly making people "realize" that they're "wrong"? Let them figure that out on their own.

Looking at how he was portrayed in the Teaser, it seems that Volcanion is truly a Komainu which ties into his design. Another interesting bit about the V-man is that he has greatly influenced the world of Pokémon he made places for people to live in South Kalos, is the cause for the Fog in Sinnoh, and caused the flat landscape in Jotho. Moreover only two NPCs know of Volcanion, that lady in XY that never saw him but knows many key details and that one guy in ORAS that claimed Brandon's team found Volcanion but were asked to not release the footage they found about it which is odd. Also despite all its done basically has no lore that ties it to the past like most other Kalos Legends and more or less seems to have just popped up.
Furthermore Volcanion's design seems off like it wasn't something naturally created by Mother Nature in the same vain as Genesect or Mewtwo and the fact that the same lady from XY claimed that he has a Special Organ which shouldn't exist all makes me think that Volcaanion is a man made Pokémon created by none other then Team Flare since it was supposedly in the Power plants they were controlling and the person who asked Brandon to scarp the footage must've knew what Volcanion was and didn't want it to become public news. So there we have it Volcanion a Fire Pokémon that can absorb Water and cause Explosions with a special organ, which should not be in existence all this and more makes it sound like thisGen's Mewtwo which would be ironic since XY had a lot of callbacks to Gen 1 and this would be the icing on the cake so to speak.

Someone watches TyranitarTube, I see. ;)

Hi everyone long time reader first time poster. Have been paying special attention to this thread recently and just felt I had to say something after reading posts by Silktree and this bizzare notion about Gen 6 ending early and skipping to Gen 7.

First there is so much unsolved in Gen 6.

We have Eternal Floette, it's move Light of Ruin,
We have the unexplored areas, like the power plant.
We have the unresolved story elements such as Malva.
We have Zygarde, his two hidden moves, all his extra formes. They aren't going to have these just randomly appear in Gen 7.
We have the Ash Greninja (anime exclusive, don't make me laugh, it's everywhere like a rash)
Not to mention Volcanion. He is obviously getting a new form/mega something special as the user above clearly pointed out, all that has to be explored. Again they aren't going to just stuff it into Gen 7 unannounced.

Then we come to basic logic, Game Freak spent a lot of time and money on creating Kalos and they aren't about to just abandon it after one use. Masuda said he wanted to do the final installment differently. Doing something differently doesn't mean cutting it out completely.

Then we come to the anime, the story involving Zygarde is a full season, XY&Z, not a simple arc like the Goomy and Meloetta ones. Not to mention a full series, ie Advanced, DP, is usually around 190 episodes, we've had 100 so far, so there's still a long way to go.

I am dismayed to see someone accuse others of clutching at straws, and demanding evidence for the obvious and straight forward, while also making outlandish claims, with apparently no evidence whatsoever.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Gen 7 being next. It was 20 months between the release of DP and the reveal of Platinum, we have only waited 13 months so far since the release of ORAS,

Also I am intrigued that both the America anime releases and Japanese releases are timed to end on a certain point before the holiday break. (America ends just before XYZ starts, and Japan ends on one talking about how the story of Z is set in motion) with neither side mentioning what's coming next in the new year.

giphy.gif

^^ Thankyou. Opinions and observations are allowed. Maybe something will happen after the last Pokémon Episode for the year. They are in Terminus Cave with Zygarde and Team Flare after all. Maybe some more news?

And if you're so sure that Gen. 7 is next, why not let others have their "delusions"? What is the point in constantly making people "realize" that they're "wrong"? Let them figure that out on their own.

Someone watches TyranitarTube, I see. ;)

giphy.gif
Ohhh you got me ! I was originally going to post his video but feared being backlashed.

Ohhh you got me ! I was originally going to post his video but feared being backlashed.

I do think he made some good points towards Volcanion being a man-made Pokémon, but his major flaw was this: Porygon has been confirmed to pre-date both Genesect and Mewtwo as the FIRST intentionally man-made Pokémon. I say intentionally, since Trubbish is quite obviously man-made. Not to mention, his entire argument was that Lysandre and Team Flare created Volcanion. But there's also flaws with this: If Volcanion was the Pokémon that made Johto as flat as it is... How could Lysandre have made it? Johto has been like it is at least since Ho-Oh's time 150 years ago. Lysandre is not immortal like AZ is, and even immortals keep aging. Lysandre looks 25-40, max.

So while Volcanion could have been created by hand, I doubt it was by humans or by Team Flare.

I do think he made some good points towards Volcanion being a man-made Pokémon, but his major flaw was this: Porygon has been confirmed to pre-date both Genesect and Mewtwo as the FIRST intentionally man-made Pokémon. I say intentionally, since Trubbish is quite obviously man-made. Not to mention, his entire argument was that Lysandre and Team Flare created Volcanion. But there's also flaws with this: If Volcanion was the Pokémon that made Johto as flat as it is... How could Lysandre have made it? Johto has been like it is at least since Ho-Oh's time 150 years ago. Lysandre is not immortal like AZ is, and even immortals keep aging. Lysandre looks 25-40, max.

So while Volcanion could have been created by hand, I doubt it was by humans or by Team Flare.

You made some excellent counter points. I believe it's possible Volcanion is natural, but nothing is ever for certain in the world of Pokemon.

Is it really implausible for Volcanion to be a natural occuremce? Hell, we have Zugarde Perfect in the same gen and that thing is anthropomorphic with glowing bits. Not to mention the peoplenod south Kalos worship it, meaning its existence is centuries old.

I'm so very interested if S.Kalos being an actual part of pokemon ZX2Y2XZYZ or whatever's next. I wish Volcanion would be the main star. Oh wait what if we get two new versions with two new mascots!? Introducing Pokemon V&Z featuring Volcanion and Complete Zygarde. Oh course to be equally pleasing Volcanion would have to have the same amount of forms or at least a really cool mega to justify it's own version. Its forms could be based on the power plants. It would be new, exciting, and definitely would send shock and awe throughout all pokemom trainers and consumers alike!

Its been confirmed as a Mythical, and details are "coming soon" on how to get it, so that's unlikely.

Deoxys was msde available 12 years after its introduction, and no press material introduced it as such when its availability was announced for the Delta Episode. Its not gonna happen, Volcanion is gonma likely be the pre order gift for the movie tickets.

Deoxys was msde available 12 years after its introduction, and no press material introduced it as such when its availability was announced for the Delta Episode. Its not gonna happen, Volcanion is gonma likely be the pre order gift for the movie tickets.

I'm just saying it's definitely possible, just not exactly probable if strictly based on past patterns and predictions only. If GF is going to surprise us, then it would have to be something else besides a typical third version or last generations sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom